PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Mystic Melee Build Tips

Tarasque_man
2018-09-22, 10:13 AM
I was primarily thinking about playing a order of the immortal mystic in a upcoming session and want to focus on being a melee fighter type of mystic, I chose order of the immortal over order of the soul knife out of personal preference and I would like to know what choices would you make for disciplines and other class abilites to best optimise a build like this.

Edit: just to clarify something, this is going to be a Dex based mystic

Harrumphreys
2018-09-22, 10:31 AM
Have you decided on a race? A race that allows you to access a wizard cantrip, such as High Elf or Variant Half-Elf, will allow you to use Greenflame or Booming Blade with your INT modifier. Certainly adds some ‘punch’ to a melee Mystic.

Tarasque_man
2018-09-22, 10:37 AM
I have considered a few, I was thinking elf but I think I would like to be a stout halfling for the ability to re roll ones and that can make failing a concentration checks less likely and I was planning to gain proficiency in constitution checks so later on I am gunna get a +9 constitution saving throw modifier or something more than that making a natural 1 the only way to fail a concentration check and yeah, lucky makes that very unlikely.

Jerrykhor
2018-09-22, 11:01 AM
There is a very good Mystic guide on this forum, you can find it probably a few pages back.

Harrumphreys
2018-09-22, 11:56 AM
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about optimising for ‘what happens when I get hit’ - perhaps more useful could be to optimise for ‘how to not get hit’.

Between Tough Hide and Cloak of Air, you should be pretty elusive.

You pass all the Concentration checks that you don’t take ;)