PDA

View Full Version : Four Horseman of the Apocalypse

ArgonianGamer
2018-09-22, 06:16 PM
(I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this so sorry if it isn't.)
I was wondering if there was a Tabletop system that the players were one of the four horseman and they were summoned to bring about the Apocalypse. Or maybe a way to incorporate the horseman as NPCs in a D&D 5e campaign. Any help or information is greatly apreciated

Particle_Man
2018-09-22, 11:18 PM
Deadlands comes to mind. It is a horror/western games so would require some adaptation for a 5e D&D game.

Pathfinder has statted out the Horsemen in one of its Bestiaries (6 IIRC) as NE daemonic world enders, if that helps.

In both cases, they are BBEG's, since, well, they are ending the world.

The closest I can think of for PCs statted up that are "supposed" to kill all life would be Exalted if you had the players all play Abyssals. But it is usually subverted.

For 5e D&D I suppose you could have the party of 4 play 4 20th level characters of whatever class they want and have at it. Flavour text can take care of the rest.

comicshorse
2018-09-23, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty sure in 'Rifts' the Horsemen turn up as the big bad guys

sktarq
2018-09-28, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure in 'Rifts' the Horsemen turn up as the big bad guys
They do ... In the Africa supplement

Beyond that it's generally been a party theme idea more than anything formal in games....so an evil party with a Druid, Fighter, Cleric, and Wizard may style themselves the four horsemen but so might a Sabbat Pack ... I may have done both of these. :smallredface:

Particle_Man
2018-09-28, 11:14 PM
Beyond that it's generally been a party theme idea more than anything formal in games....so an evil party with a Druid, Fighter, Cleric, and Wizard may style themselves the four horsemen but so might a Sabbat Pack ... I may have done both of these. :smallredface:

One of these Tiers is not like the others . . . :smallbiggrin:

sktarq
2018-09-29, 03:20 PM
One of these Tiers is not like the others . . . :smallbiggrin:

Just as well nobody at that table cared about tiers in the slightest....the fighter probably had the largest game impact anyway.

xroads
2018-10-01, 09:25 AM
Deadlands comes to mind. It is a horror/western games so would require some adaptation for a 5e D&D game.

There is a d20 version of Deadlands that would probably be the easy(ish) to adapt.