PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Did they change the wizard school of necromancy?

Red Bear
2018-09-23, 03:35 PM
the school of necromancy level 6th feature "Undead Thralls" it says "When you cast Animate Dead, you can target one additional corpse or pile of bones, creating another zombie or skeleton, as appropriate."
I'm not 100% sure and I'm questioning my perception of reality but I remember reading something along the lines of "you can target two times the number of corpses with animate dead" Am I remembering wrong?

also, do you think an additional corpse is added for every spell slot level you decide to use?

Dalebert
2018-09-23, 04:00 PM
You could be remembering something from a previous edition. This edition, I don't believe it has changed. It's always one additional than you could otherwise produce, regardless of spell slot.

Kane0
2018-09-23, 04:22 PM
I'm not 100% sure and I'm questioning my perception of reality

Might just be me, but it sounds like you're being gaslighted :smallwink:

RemnantVoid
2018-09-23, 06:25 PM
Isn't that what Desecrate let you do in previous editions if you were casting Animate Dead within the Desecrated area?

Kane0
2018-09-23, 06:29 PM
Oh man, Desecrate. Gotta homebrew that back in now, makes for a perfect ritual spell.

Dalebert
2018-09-23, 08:45 PM
Hallow is still a thing, 5th level cleric spell. Guess it doesn’t have a reverse.

Pharaon
2018-09-23, 11:55 PM
Hallow is still a thing, 5th level cleric spell. Guess it doesn’t have a reverse.

The fun thing about hallow is that it explicitly calls out that the effect can be holy or unholy. The customization options are pretty good too, especially since the the spell suggests "choos[ing] an effect offered by the DM."