PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Commune with Nature question about detecting unnatural creatures

huginn
2018-09-24, 02:58 AM
The spell detects the presence of unnatural creatures and the only l seen as refereed to as unnatural aberrations and undead. I seen reasons why undead are unnatural but what about aberrations? What makes them unnatural? are there creatures or items besides aberrations and undead that are are labeled as unnatural?

I am in a group where everyone including the DM is new to pathfinder. I have a ranger and another player has a druid and its only a matter of time before we figth something unnatural. There is aslo the one thing under handle animal " Teaching an animal to attack all creatures (including such unnatural creatures
as undead and aberrations) counts as two tricks."

Before we get too far into the campaign I like to show the DM what pathfinder considers unnatural and why. If she agrees fine if not then we have a talk about what she feels about what is unnatural

Personal I wish they didn't say unnatural and just used some other word

Florian
2018-09-24, 03:09 AM
Aberration is the broad category for beings and creatures that are by default not natural or not part of the natural order, but not extraplanar, like Outsiders or possibly Fey. Aberrations basically are the poster-beings for what "unnatural" means, compared to Humanoids, Monstrous Humanoids, Animals and Magical Beats.