PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Eldritch Bloodline for sorcerer (variant of the wild magic sorcerer)

Tarasque_man
2018-09-24, 09:26 AM
I have decided to create a new bloodline for the sorcerer class based around having eldritch blood, this is very similar to wild magic sorcerer with this only really being a variant of it with it being a bit less comedy and more grotesque. I have tried to make this as balanced as possible but please critique away and if you have a idea for added effects for the wild magic table then please say.

11-12 Roll a d10. Your height changes by a number of inches equal to the roll. If the roll is odd, you shrink. If the roll is even, you grow.
change to=
Roll a d10, you gain a number of tentacles in random areas of your body, the number of them is equal to the amount you roll.

17-18
You grow a long beard made of feathers that remains until you sneeze, at which point the feathers explode out from your face.
Change to
You grow large fangs that force you to keep your jaw open, you can still cast spells with vocal components but have disadvantage on persuasion checks (lasts for 30 seconds)

47-48
A unicorn controlled by the DM appears in a space within 5 feet of you, then disappears 1 minute later.
Change to
A spectator controlled by the DM appears in a space within 5 feet of you, it is not hostile to you and disappears 1 minute later

49-50
You can't speak for the next minute. Whenever you try, pink bubbles float out of your mouth.
Change to
You can't speak for the next minute. Whenever you try, you vomit worms

55-56
Your hair falls out but grows back within 24 hours.
change to
Your hair is now made of tentacles, it changes back to normal after 24 hours

77-78
You cast*Polymorph*on yourself. If you fail the saving throw, you turn into a sheep
changed to
You cast*Polymorph*on yourself. If you fail the saving throw, you turn into a flumph for the spell's duration.

79-80
Illusory butterflies and flower petals flutter in the air within 10 feet of you for the next minute
Changed to
Illusory eyeballs and bones float in the air within 10 feet of you for the next minute.

Eldritch Comprehension
Starting at level 1, using your bonus action you can see into the astral plane but you can't see more than 60 feet, you can't cast spells and your movement speed is halved

Edit: my reasoning behind this ability is since you have a eldritch bloodline you should be able to see things that most people wouldn't be able to see, kind of like how when in bloodborne you can see things like amygdalas and other things when you have higher insight but I am not so sure if this fits that entirely so if you have a suggestion about a better replacement for this ability then please say

Spreading Horror
Starting at 6th level, you can use your bonus action to force a enemy to have convulsions and vomit, they must succeed a constitution saving throw with a DC equal to your spell casting DC or take 1d6 poison damage and can’t perform a action that requires speech