PDA

View Full Version : Could you make a bath out of these spells?

nickl_2000
2018-09-24, 10:09 AM
I love the ideas of the grungs from one grung above. I like the idea that they need to be submersed in water, and I like the idea of a ninja frog. So, I have the idea of an open hand monk with a spear who poisons everyone he can with unarmed strike and gets extra poison damage with the spear when they are already poisoned.

So, do you think I would create my bath to sleep in using the Mold Earth Cantrip, the Create/Destroy Water Spell, and the shape water spell from a 1st level spend as an arcana cleric?

Also, I like the idea of my character making bath toys out of the water with the shape water spell during the bath. It just sounds fun.

Corpsecandle717
2018-09-24, 10:52 AM
Mold earth should be able to create a tub for you, just remember it works on dirt and sand, not stone. So you could probably make a bath with gritty dirt walls like a dyke vs a nice stone slab wall. As a Frog based creature, this probably isn't an issue for you, but it's worth noting.

As for create or destroy water. The bit about the water being created in a container or it rains down seems like something someone could be pedantic about, since a 'container' implies portability and that would be hard to get out of a tub that you could fit in. Though I supposed you could use one of the 5ft cube of mold earth to create an earthenware jug and the other 5 ft cube to create a smaller sitting style bath.

I think the biggest issue is the 10 gallons from the create water spell. That's not a lot even for a small creature (assuming halfing-ish size?). I think you'd probably need 2-4 castings depending on the DM. I'd look for a Decanter of Endless Water ASAP.

Totally doable, but definitely not luxurious.

nickl_2000
2018-09-24, 10:59 AM
Mold earth should be able to create a tub for you, just remember it works on dirt and sand, not stone. So you could probably make a bath with gritty dirt walls like a dyke vs a nice stone slab wall. As a Frog based creature, this probably isn't an issue for you, but it's worth noting.

As for create or destroy water. The bit about the water being created in a container or it rains down seems like something someone could be pedantic about, since a 'container' implies portability and that would be hard to get out of a tub that you could fit in. Though I supposed you could use one of the 5ft cube of mold earth to create an earthenware jug and the other 5 ft cube to create a smaller sitting style bath.

I think the biggest issue is the 10 gallons from the create water spell. That's not a lot even for a small creature (assuming halfing-ish size?). I think you'd probably need 2-4 castings depending on the DM. I'd look for a Decanter of Endless Water ASAP.

Totally doable, but definitely not luxurious.

Thanks. I was thinking with the spell to have it create the ten gallons of water in the tub itself every day. The spell says an open container and a dig out pit is in fact an open container. Being as I'm a frog, I'm not really worried about a sandy/dirty bath. I would probably enjoy that frankly. A decanter of endless water is a great idea though!

JackPhoenix
2018-09-24, 11:11 AM
So, after doing some math on the weird and uncivilized measurements D&D uses, 10 gallons would fill 5'x5' wide hole to the astonishing depth of 0.8 inches. That's before it starts soaking into the soil.

That's not much for a bath, unless you're regular, frog-sized frog.

nickl_2000
2018-09-24, 11:30 AM
So, after doing some math on the weird and uncivilized measurements D&D uses, 10 gallons would fill 5'x5' wide hole to the astonishing depth of 0.8 inches. That's before it starts soaking into the soil.

That's not much for a bath, unless you're regular, frog-sized frog.

Hm, that does become troublesome. I think the shape water spell could prevent it from soaking into the soil, but the total depth isn't enough.

Garfunion
2018-09-24, 11:36 AM
You don’t really need mold earth cantrip. Shape water cantrip can mold a “tub” out of water. Because the water is magically frozen it will not melt, even if you pour scolding hot water in it. You can also line the walls of your dirt hole with ice as well.