PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Grafts from MoE

Shas aia Toriia
2007-09-16, 11:47 AM
Hello.

I was wondering, are the elemental grafts from magic of eberron worth it? And if so, which are the best ones for a mid level character? (Divine Caster)

OzymandiasVolt
2007-09-16, 11:59 AM
Whatever's thematically appropriate?

Shas aia Toriia
2007-09-16, 05:19 PM
No, I mean if the penalties are worth the boni, and if so which grafts are good and which aren't.

Curmudgeon
2007-09-17, 03:38 AM
Which grafts will be worthwhile will depend on where you go and what you do. I had good results taking the Breath of the Waves graft before entering the Mournland, where we were attacked by a living spell -- Horrid Wilting.

Zero Arcana
2011-03-12, 06:31 PM
Whirlwind Form can be a handy way to fly if you don't mind the -2 Con; my Necropolitan certainly didn't mind. If you already don't have a Con score, what's to lose?

TroubleBrewing
2011-03-12, 06:51 PM
The brain cells you lose from the head injury caused by excessive book-chucking?

sonofzeal
2011-03-12, 06:57 PM
Elemental Grafts are quite good. I especially like Buffetting Fists, Hands of Flame (unless there's a limit on activations per day that I haven't noticed), Stony Plating, Tremor Graft, and Whirlwind Form. Breath of the Waves can be useful as well.

The real issue is that MoE grafts are completely different than FF grafts or LoM grafts, and this can catch people off guard. Treat them as a completely unrelated system that shares the same name, unless you want to do heavy homebrewing.

Zeb The Troll
2011-03-13, 06:07 AM
Troll Patrol: Old thread is old.