PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Artificier's Infuse Magic...or, Portable Explosions R Us.

Finback
2018-09-24, 11:50 PM
So, one can infuse spells into items, that lasts 8hrs. So if one were to "upload" a Fireball into, say, a glass sphere - can the glass sphere be thrown to denote the epicentre of the blast, or is it more like "crack this open, then you direct the fireball"? Likewise, spells that travel in a straight line - Lightning Bolt, for instance.

Because the idea of dumping a bunch of AoE spells into 'grenades' is, well, tempting. Also, it says you can infuse them into a non-magical object. So if I had, say, a duck, could I not create a one-shot lightning-spewing doomduck? I've even already given him a name - Thunderquacker.

Teaguethebean
2018-09-25, 12:36 AM
Sadly you can't infuse non artificer spells. And artificers have practically no offensive spells. But cure wounds coins or a revivify coin are excellent items.

Galithar
2018-09-25, 01:12 AM
A duck is a creature not an object. Unless you meant a duck statue or something haha

Asmotherion
2018-09-25, 04:02 AM
A duck is a creature not an object. Unless you meant a duck statue or something haha

What about a dead duck that you then animate via Necromancy? :P

Oh the possibilities. And that's more or less why I always end up with evil casters people.

ImproperJustice
2018-09-25, 10:43 AM
On the plus side, you get to break the action economy so long as you have some prep time.

Multiple Hastes? Sure
Multiple Invisibility, Blur, or Expeditious Retreat spread around the team? You got it.