PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get special abilities 3.5

solooize
2018-09-25, 02:16 AM
Any way to get or steal special abilities?

flappeercraft
2018-09-25, 02:21 AM
Shapechange is the basic method of acquiring special abilities. Greater Metamorphosis if you're psionic

The feat Assume Supernatural Ability from Savage Species works if you have access to polymorph magic

Ability Rip from Serpent Kingdoms also works

The basis of Pun Pun, the Sarrukh can bestow you abilities

The Fusion Power can get you abilities of other creatures, mixes well with the power Astral Seed.

Khedrac
2018-09-25, 03:26 AM
If you only want them temporarily then just play Spellthief. The can literally walk up to creatures and steal their SLAs...

Mike Miller
2018-09-25, 05:23 AM
Illithid Savant eats brains and gains abilities

AnonymousPepper
2018-09-25, 06:36 AM
Shapechange is the basic method of acquiring special abilities. Greater Metamorphosis if you're psionic

The feat Assume Supernatural Ability from Savage Species works if you have access to polymorph magic

Don't you need Assume SU to be able to use SU abilities from Shapechange?

I recall building a minmaxed Mystic Theurge for a boss encounter in a game that Shapechanged into a Chronotyryn to have action economy on her side, and I definitely remember needing to shoehorn that feat into her build so she could take advantage of Dual Actions. Unfortunately for me, the Artificer had friggin' Spell Theft ready, but that's another story.

Crake
2018-09-25, 07:30 AM
Don't you need Assume SU to be able to use SU abilities from Shapechange?

I recall building a minmaxed Mystic Theurge for a boss encounter in a game that Shapechanged into a Chronotyryn to have action economy on her side, and I definitely remember needing to shoehorn that feat into her build so she could take advantage of Dual Actions. Unfortunately for me, the Artificer had friggin' Spell Theft ready, but that's another story.

You gain all extraordinary and supernatural abilities (both attacks and qualities) of the assumed form

10characters