PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Touch Spells at Range (no Reach Metamagic)

Allstar
2018-09-25, 09:12 AM
Is there a Feat or Item that will let me cast few Touch spells at range? Not as Rays ideally.

I've seen the spell 'Spectral Hand' but that is delivering the spell at range (also what Familiars are for), I need to cast it on someone at range.

Unfortunately I can't have a Metamagic Rod of Reach, nor have enough higher level spell slots to prepare it higher.

Boggartbae
2018-09-25, 09:50 AM
What's the difference between delivering a spell at range and casting a spell on someone at range?

EldritchWeaver
2018-09-25, 09:56 AM
What's the difference between delivering a spell at range and casting a spell on someone at range?

Casting a spell on someone at range doesn't necessarily require a ranged touch attack.

Boggartbae
2018-09-25, 10:08 AM
So you want to give the touch spells range and also not need to make a touch attack?

Allstar
2018-09-25, 10:24 AM
I don't mind it becoming ranged touch attack but it has to be done by the character and not a third party unfortunately.

ViperMagnum357
2018-09-25, 10:35 AM
One level in Archmage or Hierophant from the DMG can let you cast any spell that is already a touch attack out to 30 feet, or 60 feet with two levels. However, it will cost you 7th level spell slots or caster levels, respectively.

There is also the Itinerant Wanderer of Yondalla, a PRC from Dragon Magazine 328, which is a 1/2 caster class. At 10th level, it allows you to 'throw' any spell with a range of touch out to 30 feet: it also works on any spell with a range of touch, not just spells that already require a touch attack, if there are any of those.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-09-25, 10:36 AM
The Spellguard of Silverymoon PrC (Player's Guide to Faerūn) allows you to cast Personal spells as Touch spells.

Arcane archer allows you to add most spells to arrows you fire.

Use +1 spell storing Pathfinder dye arrows (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/ammunition/ammunition-bow-arrow-dye/) to deliver spells to friendlies via rapid fire archery to unleash a ton of buffs as a full attack action. Regular +1 spell storing arrows for when you actually want to deal damage. Make the arrows from aurorum or shapesand to put them back together after the fight is done.

The artificer spell storing item infusion allow you to add that quality to arrows, even if your DM nixes normal spell storing arrows.