PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Healing Buffing Build

tstewt1921
2018-09-25, 11:54 AM
Gestalt healing/buffing build, would like to avoid bard if possible. I was thinking something along the lines of Cleric/Druid possibly. Any thoughts? Would be 9th level.

tstewt1921
2018-09-25, 01:51 PM
Just extra info as I'm reading, probably will be taking mastery of day and night as a feat along with spontaneous healer, unless there is an acf for druid that swaps summoning for it.

ViperMagnum357
2018-09-25, 02:31 PM
One thing I actually came across today: the Generosity Domain from Dragon Magazine 355. Since you will have spontaneous healing spells somewhere in there anyway, the domain spells are okay-Detect Thoughts, True Seeing, Foresight, and a unique 8th level spell, Teleport Object, which acts as Teleport, except affecting a touched object. What is relevant to a healing character is the granted ability: 1/day, the Cleric can cast any Conjuration(Healing) spell as a Maximized spell without increasing spell level or casting time, as an immediate action.

With the action economy being what it is, in-battle healing usually boils down to healing a downed ally before an opponent finishes them, or topping them off during a lull in a prolonged engagement. Immediate healing with a free maximize, even at 1/day, is nothing to sneer at.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-09-25, 03:26 PM
The best buffing spells are self-only for a lot of classes, so find ways to cast such spells on others. For instance...

The Spellguard of Silverymoon PrC (Player's Guide to Faerūn) allows you to cast Personal spells as Touch spells.

Arcane archer allows you to add most spells to arrows you fire.

Use +1 spell storing Pathfinder dye arrows (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/ammunition/ammunition-bow-arrow-dye/) to deliver spells to friendlies via rapid fire archery to unleash a ton of buffs as a full attack action. Regular +1 spell storing arrows for when you actually want to deal damage. Make the arrows from aurorum or shapesand to put them back together after the fight is done.

The artificer spell storing item infusion allow you to add that quality to arrows, even if your DM nixes normal spell storing arrows.

You could easily do this as an artificer archer, storing lower level healing and buffing spells in your arrows. Some spellguard and maybe a bit of arcane archer (assuming you can manage the prereqs) would work. Perhaps artificer on one side of gestalt, with Precocious Apprentice wizard 1/cleric 3/mystic theurge/spellguard/mystic theurge/legacy champion on the other? Legacy champion is to extend theurge for a few more levels.

mabriss lethe
2018-09-25, 03:27 PM
You could go with passive healing/buffing on one side and active abilities on the other. Off the top of my head something like Dragon Shaman//Cleric

Ramza00
2018-09-25, 03:53 PM
So there are different versions of this domain with different 4th level spells but the Community Domain in the SRD is cool for Greater Status.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#communityDomain

Now your 1st and 2nd level spells that are touched can be cast at a range.

Combine that with the Immediate Action Close Wound Spells (Spell Compendium) and you can now heal as an immediate action at range with all your allies.

Imbued Healing is a feat from Complete Champion it has many benefits depending on which domain you have access to. If you have the healing domain your healing spells grant +1 temp hit point per HD of the creature you are healing. Combine this with the Immediate Action Close Wounds and you actually prevent even more damage than just the spell would do.

Dragon Compedium has the feat Invigorating Spellcaster. Whenever you cast a spell that heals hitpoint damage you can add a verbal component, or if the spell already has a verbal component you do not use the silent spell feat. Doing so adds the Invigorating Spell Template effect to the spell. What does this Invigorating Spell Template Effect do to your healing spell, you ask? It causes the healing spell to also remove dazed, exhausted, fatigued, sickened, and stunned from the creature you are healing. Remember with Close Wounds and Greater Status you can now remove those effects as an immediate action and at range plus heal some hit points / grant some temp hit points.

PrismCat21
2018-09-26, 09:44 AM
War Weaver's are all about buffing allies, and Geomancer has some nice features if your part Cleric.

You can ask your DM if you can take the War Weaver prestige class using divine casting instead of arcane.

Or, drop one of your divine classes and pick an arcane caster. Enter Geomancer and War Weaver the first chance you get, and level both at the same time.

Geomancer allows you to apply spellcasting parameters from your divine or arcane classes to each other.
Use the casting stat from either to set save DC for both. Cast arcane spells in armor like divine. Spontaneously cast healing spells using arcane spells.
The best part, you can cast your divine spells into a War Weaver's Eldritch Tapestry. :)

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-09-26, 10:43 AM
If you go sorcerer for your arcane class, take Arcane Preparation and Greyhawk Method as your starting feats. Four spells known per level? And you can cast spontaneously from among all of them? Yes please! Now we just need more spell slots to cast them from.

Is there a way to get healy-type spells on a sorcerer? How about a Pathfinder bloodline? Maybe a heritage/bloodline feat or three? I'd prefer more than just cure x wounds spells if I were doing this, because status effects are a thing.

I guess you could take some eternal wands using bard healing spells, since they can be used by any arcane casting class.

tstewt1921
2018-09-26, 12:47 PM
War Weaver's are all about buffing allies, and Geomancer has some nice features if your part Cleric.

You can ask your DM if you can take the War Weaver prestige class using divine casting instead of arcane.

Or, drop one of your divine classes and pick an arcane caster. Enter Geomancer and War Weaver the first chance you get, and level both at the same time.

Geomancer allows you to apply spellcasting parameters from your divine or arcane classes to each other.
Use the casting stat from either to set save DC for both. Cast arcane spells in armor like divine. Spontaneously cast healing spells using arcane spells.
The best part, you can cast your divine spells into a War Weaver's Eldritch Tapestry. :)

War Weaver sounds great!!! I'm asking my DM about making it divine entry instead of arcane, however I'm not a fan of the Geomancer class within 3.5, when I think Geomancer I think someone that uses the elements around them like a bender from Avatar so to speak, and that class just doesn't do it.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-09-26, 12:53 PM
War Weaver sounds great!!! I'm asking my DM about making it divine entry instead of arcane, however I'm not a fan of the Geomancer class within 3.5, when I think Geomancer I think someone that uses the elements around them like a bender from Avatar so to speak, and that class just doesn't do it.Geometer, not geomancer. As in, "one who is good at geometry." Using geometry to condense written spells into geometric patterns that take up significantly less space.

Maat Mons
2018-09-27, 12:27 AM
would like to avoid bard if possible.

Would you consider using the harmonious knight alternative class feature for paladin? As a bonus, you can take the serenity feat (Dragon compendium, p106) to convert divine grace to key off of wisdom.

spontaneous healer, unless there is an acf for druid that swaps summoning for it.

Oh, you like spontaneous casting of support spells? There are a few tricks.

The divine restoration alternative class feature for clerics (Dungeonscape, p9) adds lesser restoration, restoration, and greater restoration to the list of spells you can spontaneously convert other spells into.

Arctic priest (Frostburn, p46) or priest of the waste (Sandstorm, p51) would also expand the list of spells you can spontaneously cast. Initiate of Amaunator (Power of Faerun, p58) or Initiate of Lathander (Player's Guide to Faerun, p80) would too, but they're less support-oriented.

Instead of doubling up on spontaneous cure spells, the domain spontaneity feat (Complete Divine, p80) would let you have spontaneously cast some other support spells. Heck, maybe even go with spontaneous domain casting (Player's Handbook II, p37).

You could even go so far as to use the customize domain feat (Dragon 325, p61) to gain spontaneous casting of whichever spells you want.

OgresAreCute
2018-09-27, 03:39 AM
Healing domain + Domain Spontaneity should fix up the healing thing

PoeticallyPsyco
2018-09-27, 08:50 PM
Seeing a lot of spellcasting advice, so I'll go in the opposite direction and throw in a recommendation for Crusader. The schools of Devotion and White Raven are all about healing, protecting, and buffing your allies.

The two big healing stances are Martial Spirit (1rst level, 2 hp per successful attack you make) and Aura of Triumph (6th level, you and an ally each heal 4 hp per successful attack against an evil creature). Note that both are per attack, so if you increase your attacks per turn with TWF, natural weapons, or Improved Trip/Knock Down you can be healing quite a lot of damage. Each of these options also synergizes well with the Furious Counterstrike class feature.

animewatcha
2018-09-28, 12:15 AM
You said you want to avoid bard, but bard gets healing hymn. Healing hymn aside from rest capabilities adds bonus to healing spells equal to perform ranks. So if you do darts of life while healing hymn is in effect, that bonus applies to EVERY dart.

Rebel7284
2018-09-28, 12:58 AM
If you do go with Cleric//Druid, you should 100% look into Cloistered Cleric.
War Weaver + Spellguard is a super good idea as well, but see if you can use something like Legacy Champion to extend War Weaver so that you can weave higher level spells as you get to higher levels.
If you think the campaign will have a lot of downtime, Artificer is amazing at buffing.

tstewt1921
2018-09-28, 02:48 PM
If you do go with Cleric//Druid, you should 100% look into Cloistered Cleric.
War Weaver + Spellguard is a super good idea as well, but see if you can use something like Legacy Champion to extend War Weaver so that you can weave higher level spells as you get to higher levels.
If you think the campaign will have a lot of downtime, Artificer is amazing at buffing.

I was playing an artificer, and my GM no longer wants artificer's in his game due to us using the craft point rules and me basically being able to solve any problem he throws at us with the character, the character is still an NPC and we get magic items for extremely cheap because of him but no longer a PC option for the DM, I didn't even go the extent to attempt to break the artificer I just made items I found interesting or useful.