PDA

View Full Version : PF Character Creation Help

razorback
2018-09-25, 03:22 PM
In my IRL game, my character recently died. Looking to replace him.
Bit of a high powered game. Other characters are a PF Wizard/Warblade (only one left from the original group, when we were transitioning from 3.5 to PF), a Magus/Wizard, Ranger/Sorcerer, and Barbarian/? (other fighter type, not sure, new player). We are all 12th level. Looking to replace my ZAM/Cleric.
Right now we are light on divine/healing and skills. I was thinking another cleric with, maybe, an Investigtor or something similar. Looking to be able to heal/buff/deal with status effects/skills and traps.
1st party except Occult. Maybe can get PoW in there but not really the direction I'm headed.
Been throwing around an Emperyean Sorcerer/Cleric around and just buff and blast, perhaps.
Rolled stats are 14-11-12-10-16-14, can put wherever.
Any advise is appreciated. Also, not looking for anything that is going to be over the top optimization, looking for a character that can fill in the holes while being fun. Not looking to win the game, don't care to be in melee, ok with be support and not hogging the spotlight.

Rennora
2018-09-25, 04:45 PM
Skald/??

Skald is good at buffing and you can use it to heal quite nicely. Get the Lesser Celestial Totem rage power and the Savage Intuition Rage Power- your performance will automatically go up when combat starts and everyone in the party will heal extra from magic sources (but not fast healing). Get Skald’s Vigor and Greater Skald's Vigor to give the party Fast Healing = to the Strength bonus you give the party. There are ways to optimize that, but since you're not looking to do so I will leave them out for now - regardless, it does provide some healing while you buff (as opposed to "instead of buffing," so it is not wasted..).

For skills/traps you could do Unchained Rogue - leagues better than regular Rogue.

Or you could do Stalker from PoW - a much better alternative, in my opinion.

Or you could look into Bard Archetypes.. Bard can buff some more (virtuoso performance, duettist archetype, etc - to have multiple performances up).. and I think at least one archetype gives it some trap stuff.

Hope these ideas help..

Eldonauran
2018-09-25, 06:10 PM
I HIGHLY suggest Skald, as well, though I would go about it differently. Buff your allies and debuff the enemies at the same time

Skald (Sunsinger) / Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) [I am assuming Gestalt based on your description]

Focus on getting those weird "who-would-ever-pick-these-rage-powers-because-they-rely-on-you-dying" rage powers like Linnorn Death Curse (Tor & Tarn) and sharing them with the Monsters you summon as a standard action. Make them fragile but threatening so that the enemy WANTS to kill them (Like stirges). Summon as many as you can with a single spell.

Also, you get channel energy from Sunsinger and are swinging arcane & divine magic to do what you want with, with LOADS of skill points to swing about, if you want.