PDA

View Full Version : ESO Nightblade in D&D - Help

Houston810
2018-09-25, 09:56 PM
I'm currently remaking all my ESO characters in D&D and would like input on transferring ESO class skills to D&D. I have to reskin existing spells and abilities in D&D and can only rewrite the thematics. Here's what I have so far please let me know what you think, if you would change anything or if you have input or additions.

Assassination

Assassin’s Blade -Thrust or throw a magic blade with lethal precision to stab an enemy
(look at cantrip damages to see if they would scale well)

Teleport Strike - Flash through the shadows and ambush an enemy.
(action surge misty step then attack or horizon walker distant strike farstep, attack,)

Blur - Surround yourself in a phantasmic aura
(Blur or mirror self)

Mark Target - Expose an enemy’s weaknesses
(gives advantage and trusight and heals- guiding bolt, faire fire, hunter’s mark)

Grim Focus - A power up move of sorts…spectral bow...
(

(Ultimate) Deathstroke - Ravage an enemy with a spinning attack
(A high level sneak attack crit with poison or life stealing, WoR, thunderwave
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shadow

Veiled Strike -
(sneak attack that gives advantage on the next turn)

Shadow Cloak - Cloak yourself in shadow to become invisible
(Invisibility)

Path of Darkness - Create a corridor of shadows, dealing Damage to enemies in the target area
(Hadar tendrils but lighting bolt and steals life

Aspect of Terror - Conceal sinister traps that when triggered a dark spirit is summoned to terrify up to 6 enemies, causing them to flee in fear for 4 seconds.
(fear trap…)

Shade - Summon a shade version of yourself to attack an enemy and fight your side
(

(Ultimate) Consuming Darkness - Conjure a ring of shadow, reducing the Movement Speed of enemies within by 70%, dealing 361 Magic Damage to them every 1 second

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siphoning

Strife - Steal an enemy’s life force
(Vampiric Touch)

Malevolent Offering - Sacrifice your essence, healing an ally
(Life Transference)

Cripple - Sap an enemy’s agility and bolster your own
(hex…haste? ensnare?

Siphoning Strikes - Imbue your weapons with soul-stealing power
(Weapon enchantments or make a cantrip strike)

Sap Essence - Siphon life from enemies’, dealing damage to nearby enemies and healing you
(mass vampiric touch??)

(Ultimate) Soul Shred -

ProsecutorGodot
2018-09-25, 10:45 PM
This is a neat idea. One of my favorite RPG characters to play is actually an Argonian I originally made in Morrowind. Coincidentally, the lizard race added in Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica is given the closest representation of racial skills for how I typically try to build the character. That's unrelated though, just me being excited about having more material to work with.

I also played this very same Argonian and made him a Nightblade in ESO, so I have a bit of experience with the skills of the class. I'll skip over abilities that I think you made a good match for or that I can't think of a reasonable substitute for. A lot of these effects aren't going to be easily replicated with spells alone however. If the option is available, Profane Soul Bloodhunter's can choose the Undying Patron, giving them hit point healing on kill (rather than the temp hp granted by the Warlocks Undying Patron), this is as close of an approximation as I can think of for most of the healing effects.

It will also be pretty difficult to accurately recreate all of these abilities from a single spell list, I've tried to stay near warlocks since I feel that their spell list is most in theme. Profane Soul Blood Hunters share the warlock spell list and also toy with the blood magic idea like Nightblades do, I think it comes pretty close.

Assassin's Blade - Catapult (using a dropped dagger), Magic Stone. You could also just throw daggers, if your DM is willing Waterdeep Dragonheist has made magic items that will aid in a dagger throwing build.
Teleport Strike - just noting that you don't have to Action Surge to Misty Step and take the attack action, Misty Step is a bonus action.
Grim Focus - Shadow Blade
Deathstroke - Staggering Smite

Veiled Strike - Zephyr Strike
Shade - For this I recommend class features Invoke Duplicity (Cleric), Accursed Spectre (Hexblade)
Consuming Darkness - Spirit Guardians, Sickening Radiance

Strife - Enervation
Soul Shred - Shadow of Moil

Houston810
2018-09-27, 09:06 AM
Thanks! This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for... Want to help with the other classes??

Houston810
2018-09-27, 09:07 AM
TEMPLAR:
Sun Spear
(ULTIMATE) Radial Sweep - Word of radiance with a weapon attack roll instead of auto hit
Puncturing Strikes - eldritch blast with a melee attack roll and same damage scheme
Piercing Javelin - power throw the sun spear “precision attack”
Focused Charge - running jab “pushing attack”
Spear Shards - AOE spear power “create bonfire” attack
Armor - reflective sun bubble

Sun Powers
(ULTIMATE) Nova - radiant blast (free spell) or Sunburst
Sun fire - eldritch blast fireball or just twinned fireball
Dark Flare - guiding bolt
Backlash - Sunbeam or rewrite lighting bolt or flame strike
Eclipse - Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere but with blinding effect
Radiant Destruction - Disintegrate

Healing Powers