PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Suggestions!

DragonBaneDM
2018-09-27, 03:11 PM
Hi team!

So my party does magic items in a bit of a weird way. We very rarely find magic items, but instead, at the end of each chapter arc, every party member is able to pick and choose which one(s) they want. At the end of Arc 1 we each got one uncommon or two common items.

Arc 2 ended last night, we hit Level 7, and this time we either get one rare or two uncommons. Obviously anything we pick out will be subject to DM approval, but I'm wondering what some effective/fun picks you would take if you were in my party's shoes.

So far here's who we are and what we've got!

Me: Bearbarian/Rogue[Going Scout next level] with a +1 scimitar and a magical gauntlet that shoots a lightning spell attack a few times a day.
Oath of Redemption Paladin with a +1 battleaxe
War Cleric with a +1 warhammer
Fey Tomelock with a Pearl of Power
Glamour Bard with one of the Uncommon Instruments of the Bards

I'm thinking the obvious choice for me is Belt of Hill Giant Strength, but other great stuff like Wings of Flying and picking up two more Uncommons are out there too.

What are some of the optimized choices? What might get overlooked, especially at Uncommon? What might be too dang fun to pass up?

Kadesh
2018-09-27, 04:34 PM
Do you have a spell that massively helps with your DPS? Consider something like a Pearl of Power.

DarkKnightJin
2018-09-28, 05:17 AM
If you are the party 'locksmith', perhaps something like Gloves of Thievery would be fun and helpful by giving +5 on checks for Sleight of Hand and lockpicking checks.

I'm away from my books right now, but something like Goggles of Night could work if you're going to be sneaking through the darkness. IIRC, they bump Darkvision range if you already have it.

Derpldorf
2018-09-28, 07:42 AM
Horn of Valhalla of the highest level you can get your hands on. Nothing says "backup" or "distraction" like a horde of berzerkers bursting out of thin air.