PDA

View Full Version : Can you Cast Command Using Telepathy

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-09-28, 07:42 AM
If your character has telepathy or can cast telepathy can you then cast command overcoming the language barrier? Would that work? I know it states that the target has to hear you but it still can hear you in its mind. It's the same thing the mind is still registering the message right? or is the magic in the voice its self.

Amdy_vill
2018-09-28, 07:45 AM
this sounds like a DM call to me. i would allow it but it seem to me to be in a grey area of the rules

nickl_2000
2018-09-28, 07:49 AM
this sounds like a DM call to me. i would allow it but it seem to me to be in a grey area of the rules

Sounds about right to me. I would require the spell to have a verbal component that can be heard by all (so the spell isn't a subtle spell still), but you can use the telepathy to make the command and make sure you are understood. That seems to fit well enough with the intent of it all.

No brains
2018-09-28, 07:55 AM
I started a similar thread not too long ago. Have a look and see if we raised any useful points that help your decision. :smallsmile: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?567345-Command-and-telepathy

Merudo
2018-09-29, 01:50 AM
I believe Command is best upcasted as a level 2+ spell, and since Telepathy is typically one-to-one the point is sort of moot for me :)