PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Talvor (IC, registration closed)

SunderedWorldDM
2018-09-28, 05:23 PM
You all are members of Squadron 7b, and have been working together for about half a year now. You've grown attached to each other in that time, as much as you can with a group of people you've been randomly selected to bleed and die beside.

You've been given a mission as follows on a slip of crinkled parchment:

A small number of tribespeople from the north have somehow appeared near the Valiant Coast, teleportation suspectedly involved. Please investigate and eliminate potential security threats. Last sighting of these Falling Falcon tribespeople along the outskirts of Vanderthorne.

You all know that Vanderthorne is a relatively small town a few miles off the coast, so your squadron has made its way down to the town itself. When you arrive at around dusk, all is quiet in the streets save the raucous and jubilant noise wafting from the warmly-lit Torchlight and Tap, the local inn and tavern. You make your way inside and quietly order a hearty meal and a mug of foaming ale, listening to the out-of-tune bard plucking at a lute, and the drunk farmers singing along rowdily. It never fails to bring a smile to your face.

As you begin to eat the final dredges of your filling meal, you hear some commotion from outside.

What would you like to do?

Lioslaith
2018-09-28, 07:49 PM
Kristan sighs as he hears the commotion, getting rudely drawn out of his thoughts seemed to be an on-going theme lately. He glanced briefly around the table at the other knights before sliding his chair back and standing up to head outside. On the way through the door he retrieved his shield that was leaning against the wall under a heavily laden coat rack.

Alkerite
2018-09-29, 01:41 AM
Seventy Three was sitting oddly, the Blade skilled in the art of cutting was balanced upon the ball of their left foot, the other acting as a 'seat' as they finished up their soup, setting the bowl aside as the uncanny human flicked his gaze over to the departing Kristan. "Relax, my friend. We've yet to serve tea, and I'd loathe to sully my hands with blood before a cup."

Greenflame133
2018-09-29, 03:06 AM
Lexus summons themself a Greatsword. "Even so, I would rather no be count of guard regardless". Unlike others they don't need nor can eat, so really just sitting there it's watching others. "Also it's best to not leave things up to chanse"

Lioslaith
2018-09-29, 06:16 AM
Kristan grins over his shoulder at 73 and shrugs, "Never been that big a fan of tea anyway, I'm sure it's nothing." He turns his head back to the task at hand and as he steps through the door, "I'm sure I'll be back before the kettle whistles anyway."

Vex
2018-09-29, 10:24 AM
Cinder sat quietly as she picked at her food, looking particularly distracted as she slowly ate and sipped at her drink; feeling a nice warmth spreading over her body as she did so. Occasionally a wince would flicker on her face, and a slight shake of her head as she seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. Honestly the real reason was that it was in her head, whispering to her and trying to encourage her, while Cinder silently refused. This was a common thing for her when she was in a room with a decent amount of people, it always loved a large crowd and was always the loudest when she was in one.

So when a sound outside combined with seeing Kristan stand up and start make their way outside that was the chance that Cinder had to get out of here and hopefully get some reprieve from its voice. She would flash Elane a slight smile and mutter softly “Let’s check it out…” she said before looking to Seventy Three “You can miss out on the fun then, enjoy your tea.”. Cinder was confident in her abilities, as long as it didn’t interfere then things would go smoothly. Besides, she was sure a few others would follow.

She tapped her short swords just to make sure that she did have them with her, she didn’t use them all that often but they were good to have just in case that something happened. Then she followed Kristan out, relief falling upon her as she got away from the group of people. Hoping that this commotion would keep her busy for a bit at least, get some quiet in her head for a little.

Alkerite
2018-09-29, 12:35 PM
"I always do, child. Remember, only the unwise seek death." Seventy Three continued to smile, remaining stalwart... almost like a statue as they waited for the kettle to whistle.

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-09-29, 09:37 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/77/3f/49/773f49978424afc9d657b173e80fb7d7--fantasy-rpg-medieval-fantasy.jpg
Lyra, who had already finished her share of the meal, had been writing the days events in her journal until she heard the commotion outside. After a moment or two of considering Sandy's wise words Lyra stays seated but scoots her seat out so she can get up easily if need be and watches through the doorway to view the commotion "I'll wait here with Seventy three, but ill watch and if intervene i am needed." Lyra then picks up her book and continues writing her report. When she finishes she puts it down and waits, keeping an eye on all her squad members, ready to spring into action at any moment.

"So Seventy... why is it you hesitate?" Lyra ponders as she waits.

Alkerite
2018-09-29, 11:01 PM
"Our battle will come to us. Seeking out other's battles degrades both them, and us, and puts us at unnecessary risk." Seventy smiled at the Dame, their eyes opening enough for Lyra to discern their piercing blue hue. "So, do not fret my student, and remember this: When decapitating, it is most rude to strike twice."

Illven
2018-09-29, 11:41 PM
But power unused, is power wasted. Maggie comments jumping to her feet off the stool, as she strides forward, a spin of her hand bringing her axe to her as she follows the group heading outside.

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-09-30, 12:21 AM
Lyra turns to face seventy noticing the piercing blue, inquisitive eyes. An unnecessary risk that I'd rather have us have to take on then the serfs in the fields have to deal with, we a better equipped for battle then a commoner, not to disregard a commoner of their ability to fight, but its true, a blade made for cutting only dulls with time, combat will sharpen its edge, will it not, teacher? After hearing what Melinda said Lyra thinks for a moment. And power used is powerless on the road ahead. Lyra responds as if to answer her previous question directed towards Seventy three, hand on her hilt as her eyes drift to the doorway and the scene. Is that why you hesitate teacher, because you see the danger now is a waste are our energy which should be saved for hard times ahead? Lyra thinks out loud, applying it to her own personal problems with her standing and setbacks as a Knight.

Alkerite
2018-09-30, 01:44 PM
"Alas, Lyra, but it seems I have been overruled. I much prefer defeat in detail, rather than splintering. However I must have a chat with the kitchen staff, as lesson two: Always brew before breaking fast." Seventy sighed, standing and in a singular fluid motion, jumping to the door, "But fret not, a small scuffle or two in the grand scheme is like a singular scratch on a polished blade. Infuriating as an imperfection, but not dangerous to the structure as a whole."

Greenflame133
2018-09-30, 02:15 PM
Lexus join group heading outside. "I was literally made to fight for common folks and I would rather have not my life's work undone by inaction"

SunderedWorldDM
2018-09-30, 02:58 PM
As Lexus, Maggie, Seventy-Three, Kristan and Cinder step out into the lamp-lit street and look around, you see what appears to be two houses in the process of being lit on fire. A small crowd of commoners have gathered in a large arch around about a half-dozen figures in grey tribal clothes chanting, while one stands near the middle draped in large black furs, face painted in white and black in a hideous, animalistic pattern. Most are human, though you see two half-orcs among the ranks of the tribespeople, and the leader of the group (the priest) is indeed a Teifling. This scene is occurring about 50 or so paces away from the Torchlight and Tap.

What would you like to do?

Sahe
2018-09-30, 03:58 PM
Elane spend her time in the inn feeding Shimmer with the remains from her plate. The little pseudodragon sitting on her shoulder and letting out a soft chirp every time Elande threw her a scrap.

A commotion outside interrupted them and their little evening meal, avoiding the philosophical discussion starting between Lyra and Seventy, Elane got up quickly and followed the others outside.

What she found there was quite strange, almost looking like some ritual. With Shimmer perching on her shoulder Elane approached the large group of people, calling out to them, "OI! Could you maybe not set the town on fire? Even my friend Cinder here managed not to...and her hair is made of fire." To underline her words she pointed over to Cinder and snapped her fingers and some white and black raven feathers appeared out of nothing forming themselves into an exotic looking glaive.

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-09-30, 07:19 PM
Lyra nods at Sandy's statement and stands up, begins walking leisurely until she hears the word, fire. Her eyes widen, danger. step one is to make sure nobody is injured, or in danger, step two deal with assailants. Thinking fast Lyra sprints forward and towards her party members Cinder with me, we must clear the houses of any and all civilians, that is first priority, houses can be rebuilt, not so easily so can people; the rest of you, deal with these Savage murders. Lyra then continues to charge her way to the burning buildings, she uses her visually investigates the buildings as she dashes to see if she can tell how long the fire has been going and how fierce the flames are. She draws her shield from her back as she runs, just incase their is a cultist in her path.

Lioslaith
2018-09-30, 07:39 PM
Kristan nears the crowd around the fur clad figure and pushes through the outer ring. He relaxes with a deep sigh and lets his divine senses wash over the figure as far out as they will reach.

The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.

"Hold! Cease this fire starting now. What is your purpose here?"

SunderedWorldDM
2018-09-30, 08:10 PM
The frenzied Falling Falcons continue their pillage under the instruction of the Teifling, barely paying attention before the priest locks eyes with you, Kirstan. Meanwhile, Lyra and Cinder are behind, not quite to you, formulating plans on how to fight the fire.

Nothing out of the ordinary. All appear to be humanoid, and there's nothing special in the burning houses that you can sense.

You see Lyra dash past through the mobs of tribespeople into one of the burning buildings. They lash out at her with their spears. Meanwhile, Seventy-Three looks to be initiating combat with the priest.

2 attacks of opportunity for Lyra:
1d20+4 1d6+2
1d20+4 1d6+2

Alkerite
2018-10-01, 05:08 AM
"Lo there, friend Tiefling." Seventy Three smile, strolling towards the tiefling, a smile upon their face, their visage lit hauntingly by the flames. "Care to explain yourself? Or will you be learning the fragility of the neck." Seventy chuckled "It's a rather remarkable part of the body... But you really must know... it can't bear your body weight..." Their smile faded for but a second as they spat out the threat "When you're being held aloft by it alone, of course." The smile returned to the monk's visage, and the warrior closed the distance between the two.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-01, 07:28 AM
2 attacks of opportunity for Lyra:
[roll] 1d6+2
[roll] 1d6+2

Illven
2018-10-01, 11:56 AM
Maggie throws an exasperated look as she hears the orders, hands on her hips.

No. Don't let the heavily armored hard to hit, strong girl break the line and look for people to rescue. She snarks as she does move to follow the order.

Eyeing the priest, she stormed forward and whipped out her battle axe sending it flying through the air in what should have been a clumsy inelegant throw, but caught the wind just right and pegged the tiefling in the face.

Overconfident she whips out her hand axe in a brutal power throw putting way too much spin in it as it carrens over the tiefling's head.

Sighing she swung her hand out, as her battle axe reformed into it.

Move 30 feet closer.
Action
Make a battle axe thrown attack for either 8+1d4 damage, or 11 damage.
Free object interaction, draw hand axe.
Make a handaxe thrown attack and miss.
Bonus action respawn my battleaxe.

Alkerite
2018-10-01, 02:24 PM
Seventy Three merely hummed, beaming as they raised their fists.

Movement: Close to the Priest, if the distance is <= 40 feet.
Action: Basic attack(To Hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]), Extra attack(To Hit: [roll2] Damage: [roll3])
Bonus Action: Flurry of Blows: Hit one(To Hit: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]) Hit Two(To Hit: [roll6] Damage: [roll7])

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-01, 02:42 PM
You'd have to take attacks of opportunity to get to the priest...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Alkerite
2018-10-01, 02:44 PM
You'd have to take attacks of opportunity to get to the priest...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

(AC: 16)
As Seventy Three bobbed and weaved through the mob, unhindered by the novices.

Vex
2018-10-02, 05:26 AM
As Cinder stepped out of the Inn and onto the street, taking a look at the scene before her as a sigh fell from her lips. Cinder could at least take solace in the fact that she had not been the one who started the fire. And when Elane stepped out Cinder held her hands up and looked a little panicked “Elane it wasn’t me, I didn’t even have a chance to light things on fire” she called out, less looking worried about the fact that there was fire and more the fact that she would be blamed for the fire.

But Elane seemed to know that Cinder wasn’t the one responsible for lighting all the fires, and that did make Cinder a little happy. A happiness that was shortly lived when she heard Lyra's voice cut through the chaos and she nodded a little as she was told to not engage with the people and come with her and keep the people safe. She looked between Elane and then sighed and looked at the crowd as the enemies took a couple shots at Lyra, before she groaned and took off after her "If I die due to you Lyra I will annoy you so much in the afterlife" she called out, hoping that at least her voice would carry over the din.

There were a lot of people here though... And it was happy about that. But She would push on and into the buildings behind Lyra, hopefully in one piece.

Sahe
2018-10-02, 06:52 AM
Elane:
HP: 37/37
AC: 16
Conc:
Spellslots: 1st: 2/3 2nd: 2/2 (W)
Hit Dice: 1d8 (5)

Elane sighed as the cultists showed no signs of stopping or even paying her any attention while Lyra and Cinder already rushing to the building to...save people? Probably. So it fell to her (and the others) to deal with the cultists. Hopefully they didn't have to kill all of them.

While walking up to the group of cultists, Elane reached into a pouch hanging at her waist, producing some black rose petals and spoke some words in Sylvan. At once the rose petals seemed to come to life, dancing in the palm of her hand before she blew them at the group of cultists her magic hopefully putting at least some of them to sleep.

- Move up to the cultists a bit (say 15 feet)
- Action to Cast Sleep using a 1st Level Spell Slot affecting [roll0] HP
- Also...Shimmer also gets Initiative: [roll1]

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-02, 07:23 AM
Elane:
HP: 37/37
AC: 16
Conc:
Spellslots: 1st: 2/3 2nd: 2/2 (W)
Hit Dice: 1d8 (5)

Elane sighed as the cultists showed no signs of stopping or even paying her any attention while Lyra and Cinder already rushing to the building to...save people? Probably. So it fell to her (and the others) to deal with the cultists. Hopefully they didn't have to kill all of them.

While walking up to the group of cultists, Elane reached into a pouch hanging at her waist, producing some black rose petals and spoke some words in Sylvan. At once the rose petals seemed to come to life, dancing in the palm of her hand before she blew them at the group of cultists her magic hopefully putting at least some of them to sleep.

- Move up to the cultists a bit (say 15 feet)
- Action to Cast Sleep using a 1st Level Spell Slot affecting [roll0] HP
- Also...Shimmer also gets Initiative: [roll1]

The petals dance and flow in the air among the cinders (not you, Vex), and as they flow in a lazy circle around the tribespeople, the priest suddenly looks a bit sleepy. He watches the petals dance on the mystic breeze and suddenly collapses to the dirt. The rest of the Falling Falcons look with surprise at their leader, then anger at you.

Meanwhile, Cinder is making her way past the tribespeople and into the buildings, but hasn't moved quite yet.

The current scene:
Kristan stands by the ring of tribespeople, his Divine Sense up and alert.
Lyra has approached the burning houses to check for casualties.
73 stands by the priest, who has just put to sleep by Elane's spell.
Maggie has thrown her battleaxe to great effect.
The teifling is the only Falling Falcon to have been attacked. There are 6 others.

My apologies, it is the Falling Falcon's turn. Two tribespeople swarm on Kristan, one on Maggie, one on Elane, and two on 73. The remaining one tries to light one of the houses further on fire and will not participate in combat this round.
They all have pack tactics and multiattack, so for those of you with 2 on you, good luck...
Kristan:2d20b1+4 1d6+2
2d20b1+4 1d6+2

73:2d20b1+4 1d6+2
2d20b1+4 1d6+2

Maggie:2d20b1+4 1d6+2

Elane:2d20b1+4 1d6+2

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-02, 08:06 AM
One more, I promise.

Since I can't add when the enemies have advantage, add 4 to the attack rolls to find the actual results.

Kristan:[roll0]
(1d6+2)[5]
[roll1]
(1d6+2)[4]
[roll2]
(1d6+2)[6]
[roll3]
(1d6+2)[4]

73:[roll4]
(1d6+2)[6]
[roll5]
(1d6+2)[4]
[roll6]
(1d6+2)[7]
[roll7]
(1d6+2)[3]

Maggie:[roll8]
(1d6+2)[7]
[roll9]
(1d6+2)[5]

Elane:[roll10]
(1d6+2)[6]
[roll11]
(1d6+2)[5]

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-02, 09:08 AM
Lyra looks around in the building, using her keen senses...

As you look around, the heat pounding on your face, you hear the sounds of two people crying, ne adult and one child. You look around, hearing it from ahead of you. You dash forward through the inferno, looking through a flaming doorframe into what appears a bedroom, walls being consumed by flames. A mother clutches a small child, presumably a daughter, close to her chest, tears and snot streaming down her face. She looks at you with hope-filled yet desperate eyes.

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-10-02, 09:43 AM
Lyra's eyes scan the area for the quickest wa shows her heart shaped insignia (a engraving on her armor, left shoulder) to the mother, takes her gloves off to avoid burning either of them, as her gloves are now lethal to touch due to heat. Lyra then then attempt to pick up the child "Follow me, the Knights of the Helm are here to save you, Stay low to avoid the smoke." Lyra then starts to retrace her steps, avoiding as much falling debris and making sure the mother is close behind. Lyra Whistles calling for her favored mount who shouldn't be far.

that was my move right? I still have my Action and bonus action right? If so
Interaction: Pick up child, whistle
Preformance: [roll0] :smalltongue:
Action: Move back the way she came

Also, I am assuming I am taking 1-3d6 fire damage because although I am probably not sizing in flames literally but I am in a concealed area of heat and I am wearing half plate AND holding a metal shield. I also probably have metal in my gloves.

Dr.Samurai
2018-10-02, 10:10 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/91/39/0d/91390d0a36bf992f0cc3900008cd1798.jpg
Rain (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1710346)
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 65/65 (resist b/s/p) | AC: 19 (granting disadvantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3

Rain pads up silently, greatsword drawn, and engages the cultists attacking his squadmates.

Initiative - [roll0]

Bonus Action - Rage
Move - Move up to join the nearest fray. (up to 40ft)
Action - Attack enemy cultist
Reckless Attack 1 w/Advantage [roll1], [roll2] (take higher)
Reckless Attack 2 w/Advantage [roll3], [roll4] (take higher)
Damage 1 [roll5]
Damage 2 [roll6]
Effect - Allies gain Advantage on attacks against enemies standing within 5ft of Rain.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-02, 10:23 AM
Lyra's eyes scan the area for the quickest wa shows her heart shaped insignia (a engraving on her armor, left shoulder) to the mother, takes her gloves off to avoid burning either of them, as her gloves are now lethal to touch due to heat. Lyra then then attempt to pick up the child "Follow me, the Knights of the Helm are here to save you, Stay low to avoid the smoke." Lyra then starts to retrace her steps, avoiding as much falling debris and making sure the mother is close behind. Lyra Whistles calling for her favored mount who shouldn't be far.

that was my move right? I still have my Action and bonus action right? If so
Interaction: Pick up child, whistle
Preformance: [roll0] :smalltongue:
Action: Move back the way she came

Also, I am assuming I am taking 1-3d6 fire damage because although I am probably not sizing in flames literally but I am in a concealed area of heat and I am wearing half plate AND holding a metal shield. I also probably have metal in my gloves.

The Knights of Talvor are here, or the Helm is here. It's like saying the military of the Marines are here. Or you could just say Squadron 2b. But it's okay, the extra points from integrating the heart insignia bring you back up in world knowledge:smallsmile:

As Lyra picks up the child, she feels her connection to her mount. She senses the clopping of its hooves...

She leads the mother and child through the house, but she is alerted to the creaking of timbers above right before a large chunk of burning wood dislodges from the ceiling!

You're summoning your mount. It should be there in a round or two. Is it just a normal-looking Pegasus, or is it special in any way? Your backstory is remarkably silent on how you managed to befriend a Pegasus...

In addition, I'll have you take a d10 fire just from being in the flames in hot metal armor, but you'll also need to make a DC 17 Dex save to avoid the falling burning timbers, at disadvantage because you're carrying a heavy human. If you fail, you are trapped under the timbers as well as taking full damage, but on a success, you jump out of the way and only take half.

Fire (automatic):[roll0]
Timbers: [roll1]

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-02, 10:27 AM
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 65/65 (resist b/s/p) | AC: 19 (granting disadvantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3

Rain pads up silently, greatsword drawn, and engages the cultists attacking his squadmates.

Initiative - [roll0]

Bonus Action - Rage
Move - Move up to join the nearest fray. (up to 40ft)
Action - Attack enemy cultist
Reckless Attack 1 w/Advantage [roll1], [roll2] (take higher)
Reckless Attack 2 w/Advantage [roll3], [roll4] (take higher)
Damage 1 [roll5]
Damage 2 [roll6]
Effect - Allies gain Advantage on attacks against enemies standing within 5ft of Rain.

Rain's greatsword slices across the chest of one of the tribespeople attacking Kristen, staggering them but not quite dropping them. They look at you with fury, spear clutched in their white knuckles...

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-10-02, 12:13 PM
CRACKK goes the ceiling as large junk of burning wood dislodges from the ceiling, Lyra remembers her old time friend, though not what her name was as usual, and uses all the prowess in her body not to save herself but the child. Flinging the child to the side just as the burning wood begins its decent.. A Flash erupts as fire gouts across the floor the child is maybe a foot or two away from the rubble. Lyra stifles her agony as a splinter of broken wood digs into her right side stomach; saved only by luck and will lyra is pinned under The falling timber, and is starting to feel a burning pain on her neck elbow and legs as the heat enflames her armor, her Cloak is starting to burn on its edges, with all the effort she can muster "Get out of the building as quickly as possible." she says to the mother and girl. only hoping they can hear her. She wraps her hand around the invasive piece of wood now burred into her right side, ready to push it off. Now to fight the innate will to not cause herself pain, ha what a day it has been.

trapped under the timbers, 81% health
Lyra: HP: 40/49

Child (Commoner I assume) 0/4 hp.... yea uuu she ded... UNLESS YOU WANNA LET HER MAKE A DEATH SAVEEEEEE. lmao

Alkerite
2018-10-02, 01:44 PM
Seventy Three hummed, tying up the offending priest, and throwing the Tiefling over their shoulder as they watched their squadmates go to work... Ah, Chaos. Such a delicious challenge.

Lioslaith
2018-10-02, 01:51 PM
Kristan smirked a little as the cultists tried to get past his shield or armor, "It really didn't need to come to this.." he muttered just before calling out to Rain, "Glad to see you decided to join us."

[roll0]
[roll1] Advantage due to Rain's proximity

[roll2]
[roll3] Advantage due to Rain's proximity

[roll4]
[roll5]

Attempting to take 2 cultists down if one attack happens to finish one off and they are close enough.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-02, 02:00 PM
CRACKK goes the ceiling as large junk of burning wood dislodges from the ceiling, Lyra remembers her old time friend, though not what her name was as usual, and uses all the prowess in her body not to save herself but the child. Flinging the child to the side just as the burning wood begins its decent.. A Flash erupts as fire gouts across the floor the child is maybe a foot or two away from the rubble. Lyra stifles her agony as a splinter of broken wood digs into her right side stomach; saved only by luck and will lyra is pinned under The falling timber, and is starting to feel a burning pain on her neck elbow and legs as the heat enflames her armor, her Cloak is starting to burn on its edges, with all the effort she can muster "Get out of the building as quickly as possible." she says to the mother and girl. only hoping they can hear her. She wraps her hand around the invasive piece of wood now burred into her right side, ready to push it off. Now to fight the innate will to not cause herself pain, ha what a day it has been.

trapped under the timbers, 81% health
Lyra: HP: 40/49

Child (Commoner I assume) 0/4 hp.... yea uuu she ded... UNLESS YOU WANNA LET HER MAKE A DEATH SAVEEEEEE. lmao

The commoner child reacts to the mothers touch. Her face, slick with tears and ash, now bears a look of resolve. She picks up her child and looks you right in the eyes. "Thank you", she whispers as she steps over the timber and runs to the door.

Seventy Three hummed, tying up the offending priest, and throwing the Tiefling over their shoulder as they watched their squadmates go to work... Ah, Chaos. Such a delicious challenge.

You have tied up the priest sucessfuly. He won't be waking up for a while. You watch as from out of the building Lyra went into come a mother and a child. They run past the tribespeople without being attacked (the tribe's attention being focused on your Squadron) and make it into the crowd.

Kristan smirked a little as the cultists tried to get past his shield or armor, "It really didn't need to come to this.." he muttered just before calling out to Rain, "Glad to see you decided to join us."

[roll0]
[roll1] Advantage due to Rain's proximity

[roll2]
[roll3] Advantage due to Rain's proximity

[roll4]
[roll5]

Attempting to take 2 cultists down if one attack happens to finish one off and they are close enough.

The one with the greatsword wound falls as you deal a mighty blow onto her back. The other one, a half-orc, takes the blow with ease, smiling menacingly as he raises his own spear.

Alkerite
2018-10-02, 02:21 PM
"Ah, good Lyra. Continue damage control. I shall teach these folk a hard lesson in the art of cutting." Seventy Three left the Tiefling with their student, as they made their way towards the fight, to once more be mired in conflict.

Illven
2018-10-02, 08:14 PM
Melinda now with her battleaxe in hand, whips it towards the cultist in melee with her Rain.

Got your back, Rain! She called out, as she ignored the pitiful ant that tried piercing her plate with their spear.

Battleaxe

Attack 1 [roll0]
Advantage [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Attack 2 [roll3]
Advantage [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Greenflame133
2018-10-04, 04:49 AM
Lexus heads to assist Lyra. They metallic body and lack of flammable coughing as well as not breath in psance in all this smoke would make them greatly suited bit the task, but even so heat still can damage them. “Lyra remember your safety matter as well”

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-10-04, 07:07 AM
"Yea yea Lexus, I'll worry about that after we get this stick off of me," Lyra's says jokingly; but talking only causes her pain so she doesn't say much more.

Alkerite
2018-10-04, 03:18 PM
Seventy Three, with the fate of their student saved from a fiery end, decided that their time and prowess were better spent subduing this conglomeration. With a breath, they focus, and cast two bolts of radiant light towards the closest of the fell gathering.
Movement: Into range, if they aren't already
Action: Radiant Sun Bolt(to hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]), Extra attack: Radiant sun bolt(to hit: [roll2] Damage: [roll3])

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-04, 03:46 PM
Seventy Three, with the fate of their student saved from a fiery end, decided that their time and prowess were better spent subduing this conglomeration. With a breath, they focus, and cast two bolts of radiant light towards the closest of the fell gathering.
Movement: Into range, if they aren't already
Action: Radiant Sun Bolt(to hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]), Extra attack: Radiant sun bolt(to hit: [roll2] Damage: [roll3])

They both strike the one Maggie, Rain and Kristan were fighting. The Falling Falcon falls dead to the ground as the bolts slam into their chest.

Dr.Samurai
2018-10-05, 06:03 PM
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 65/65 (resist b/s/p) | AC: 19 (Grants Advantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3 | Raging

Where Rain goes on the battlefield, his allies often follow. His predatory menace is often distracting to their enemies, making them easier prey for the Knights. Rain looks for the next target as Kristan cuts down the cultist before him, I can't let you have all the fun, he says to the man, with no hint of humor in his voice.

Not sure if Rain is adjacent to another cultist or not. If he is, then he'll attack that target. If he isn't, then he'll move (40ft) to get adjacent to one. If he can get adjacent to two, even better.

Action - Attack x2 w/Reckless Attack
Attack 1 w/Advantage - [roll0], [roll1] (take higher roll)
Damage 1 - [roll2]
Extra Attack w/Advantage - [roll3], [roll4] (take higher roll)
Damage 2 - [roll5]
Effect - Enemies adjacent to Rain grant Advantage to his allies.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-05, 06:13 PM
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 65/65 (resist b/s/p) | AC: 19 (Grants Advantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3 | Raging

Where Rain goes on the battlefield, his allies often follow. His predatory menace is often distracting to their enemies, making them easier prey for the Knights. Rain looks for the next target as Kristan cuts down the cultist before him, I can't let you have all the fun, he says to the man, with no hint of humor in his voice.

Not sure if Rain is adjacent to another cultist or not. If he is, then he'll attack that target. If he isn't, then he'll move (40ft) to get adjacent to one. If he can get adjacent to two, even better.

Action - Attack x2 w/Reckless Attack
Attack 1 w/Advantage - [roll0], [roll1] (take higher roll)
Damage 1 - [roll2]
Extra Attack w/Advantage - [roll3], [roll4] (take higher roll)
Damage 2 - [roll5]
Effect - Enemies adjacent to Rain grant Advantage to his allies.

Maggie's Falcon and Elane's Falcon are about equidistant from you. Which one do you choose to go after?

Dr.Samurai
2018-10-05, 06:23 PM
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 65/65 (resist b/s/p) | AC: 19 (granting advantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3 | Raging

Trusting Elane to handle herself in melee, Rain charges the cultist near Maggie so she can throw her battleaxe without fear of a spear impaling her.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-05, 06:40 PM
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 65/65 (resist b/s/p) | AC: 19 (granting advantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3 | Raging

Trusting Elane to handle herself in melee, Rain charges the cultist near Maggie so she can throw her battleaxe without fear of a spear impaling her.

You sink your greatsword into the side of this tribesperson, who cries out, but doesn't drop. Who else would like to go this round before the retaliation of the Falling Falcons?

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-08, 02:01 PM
The Falling Falcons, now devoid of a leader, desperately lash out at you with their spears. One, however, lets out a low chant, eyes burning black with evil, ritualistic magic. Everyone make a Wisdom saving throw.

Attack at Maggie: [roll0]
[roll1]
Attack at Rain: [roll2]
[roll3]
Two attacks on 73 w/ Pack Tactics (add 4 to attack rolls):[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
Psychic damage on failed save (half on success): [roll12]

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-08, 02:08 PM
The save DC is 12, by the by. Sorry to forget that important detail.:smalltongue:

Illven
2018-10-08, 02:57 PM
As the blow careens to her head. Maggie's thoughts turn to her mother's spellbook.

One word comes to her mind.

Praesidio! She called as a transparent white dome appeared around her face deflecting the spear thrust.

Before the chanting started.

My.... My pride is unbroken! My strength holds true! She lets out, as she shamelessly turns her back on the spear fighter in front of her.

Engage the caster! She called out, rushing towards the one who let out the chant.

Reaction last turn. Cast shield. Making my AC 26 till the start of my turn.
Movement Move towards the caster.
Action Time to axe him a question about arcane theory.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-08, 04:05 PM
As the blow careens to her head. Maggie's thoughts turn to her mother's spellbook.

One word comes to her mind.

Praesidio! She called as a transparent white dome appeared around her face deflecting the spear thrust.

Before the chanting started.

My.... My pride is unbroken! My strength holds true! She lets out, as she shamelessly turns her back on the spear fighter in front of her.

Engage the caster! She called out, rushing towards the one who let out the chant.

Reaction last turn. Cast shield. Making my AC 26 till the start of my turn.
Movement Move towards the caster.
Action Time to axe him a question about arcane theory.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

The Falling Falcon you're evading tries to strike you with his spear, but the barrier repels it without issue. You rush towards the one who let out the chant, slashing twice with your mighty axe. The first blow narrowly misses the lithe tribesperson, but the second one creates a gash in her stomach, crimson blooming beneath the tattered grey garb.

Alkerite
2018-10-08, 05:01 PM
Seventy Three managed to dodge most of the attacks, taking glancing blows from the parade of fools.
[roll0]
Regardless of the damage the fell caster did to them, Seventy three took a breath, and stepped with the wind, dancing between the blades and hate of the battlefield towards the caster, their student was quite right. Killing the caster was imperative.
Movement: To the caster
Action: Attack: to hit: [roll1] Damage: [roll2] Flurry of blows 1: [roll3] Damage: [roll4] Flurry of blows 2: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] Extra Attack: [roll7] Damage: [roll8] Flurry of blows 3: [roll9] Damage: [roll10] Flurry of blows 4: [roll11] Damage: [roll12]
Bonus action, Step of the wind (Disengage, no opportunity attacks)

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-08, 06:25 PM
The Falling Falcon who emitted the terrifying cry gets pummeled with two small fists, a maniacal grin on her painted face as she falls dead to the dirt, firelight from the burning houses behind showing each crinkle in the odd smile.

It's odd. I just came up with an interesting ability to confound you with, and you immediately assumed this nondescript member of the Falcons was a true full spellcaster. You also started using the term 'cultists' to describe the tribespeople...

Dr.Samurai
2018-10-08, 07:25 PM
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 54/65 | AC: 19 (grants Advantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3 | Raging

Rain lets out a quiet snarl as the spear cuts him along his arm. The fur on the back of his neck goes up as some spell washes over him. He feels it trying to worm into his mind but he is able to fend it off, though not without effort. Stand down! he calls out to the tribesmen, This is not a fight you will win!

Action - Reckless Attack vs tribesman (same one he attacked last turn)
Attack 1 w/ Advantage - [roll0], [roll1] (take higher roll)
Damage 1 - [roll2]
Attack 2 w/ Advantage - [roll3], [roll4] (take higher roll)
Damage 2 - [roll5]
Effect - Enemies adjacent to Rain grant Allies Advantage on attack rolls.
Move - If tribesman is killed, Rain will move (up to 40') to next enemy.

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-10-08, 10:16 PM
Lyra closes her eyes and focuses all her might to lift the building of over self, underestimating her capabilities the wood lifts with ease, She rises with caution, grabbing her shield and dashing from the building. She steps about five feet from the burning building and views the work her comrades have done upon the pyro's. "Great work comrades, now i can accompany you in you attempts at sating these....maniacs"

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-09, 06:59 AM
Level 5 Barbarian | HP: 54/65 | AC: 19 (grants Advantage) | PP: 15 | Rage: 2/3 | Raging

Rain lets out a quiet snarl as the spear cuts him along his arm. The fur on the back of his neck goes up as some spell washes over him. He feels it trying to worm into his mind but he is able to fend it off, though not without effort. Stand down! he calls out to the tribesmen, This is not a fight you will win!

Action - Reckless Attack vs tribesman (same one he attacked last turn)
Attack 1 w/ Advantage - [roll0], [roll1] (take higher roll)
Damage 1 - [roll2]
Attack 2 w/ Advantage - [roll3], [roll4] (take higher roll)
Damage 2 - [roll5]
Effect - Enemies adjacent to Rain grant Allies Advantage on attack rolls.
Move - If tribesman is killed, Rain will move (up to 40') to next enemy.

The tribesman falls after your two mighty axe cleaves. One if the remaining three are engaged with Elane, the other two were trying to pin 73 down. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Lioslaith
2018-10-09, 07:57 AM
Kristan moves to the (maybeacultistmaybenot) engaging Elane and attacks it.

[roll0]
[roll1] w/advantage if he's still close enough to Rain
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] w/advantage if he's still close enough to Rain
[roll5]

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-09, 08:14 AM
Lyra closes her eyes and focuses all her might to lift the building of over self, underestimating her capabilities the wood lifts with ease, She rises with caution, grabbing her shield and dashing from the building. She steps about five feet from the burning building and views the work her comrades have done upon the pyro's. "Great work comrades, now i can accompany you in you attempts at sating these....maniacs"

Lyra stumbles out of the burning building, ready to fight next round.

Kristan moves to the (maybeacultistmaybenot) engaging Elane and attacks it.

[roll0]
[roll1] w/advantage if he's still close enough to Rain
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] w/advantage if he's still close enough to Rain
[roll5]

The blade cuts across the maybecultistmaybenot, creating crimson lines. The Falling Falcon grimaces, definitely wounded, but not down and out quite yet.

Illven
2018-10-21, 12:29 PM
Maggie for her part immediately brings her battle axe onto the maybe cultist, moving around to flank him with Kristian.

Battleaxe
[roll0] [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

[roll3] [roll4] CRIT!
Damage [roll5] (13)

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-21, 01:37 PM
Maggie's axe cleaves twice into the poor tribesperson's side, as they fall with a sickening burble in the back of their throat.

2 tribespeople remain, and two buildings burn (one of which has been cleared by Lyra). What will Squadron 2b do?

Greenflame133
2018-10-21, 02:21 PM
Lexus goes to second building hoping to clear it as well.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-21, 07:20 PM
Lexus goes to second building hoping to clear it as well.

As you enter the second building, the some assails you to no effect. The air is clouded, and you can feel the ripple of heat against your metal body. Roll a Perception check.

Greenflame133
2018-10-21, 11:15 PM
precession check [roll0]

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-22, 07:52 AM
The smoke obscures your vision as you look around, only able to see the flickering of the fires crawling up the walls. Suddenly, you hear a deep and guttural roar from deeper within the burning house.

Greenflame133
2018-10-23, 12:06 AM
Lexus heads towards it immediately with their blade in hand.

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-10-23, 01:05 AM
Lyra charges forward hearing her Winged ally's summon sound, a myrad of blade swings towards the nearest, a primal hunger rising and falling inside of Lyra's soul, waning to erupt and tear the cultist limb from limb. but sating her hunger with her knights honor, an honorable battle this will be, even for dishonorable folk such as these.
Move to the nearest cultist
Interaction: draw blade
Honarable attacks
Attack 1:[roll0] [roll1]
Attack Total: 12
Dmg: [roll2]
Attack 2:[roll3] [roll4]
Attack Total: 14
Dmg: [roll5]
If the First attack is enough to take out a Cultist then it is directed to another
Instead of killing the Cultist my attacks are meant to knock out instead of kill.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-23, 11:57 AM
Lyra dashes towards the nearest tribesperson to 73, slamming the flat of her blade into the side of the mass of grey robes and ashy face makings. The Falling Falcon falls unconcious after the second blow. The other one, now alone, looks around frantically, then turns and prepares to retreat.

Meanwhile, Lexus advances further into the building, but the fire scorches the metal that replaces their flesh. The take fire damage. As you advance, a large shadow looms on the burnt wall beside you. You turn to behold a terrible monstrosity standing against the flames, seemingly unaffected by the conflagration. It appears to be a massive, bird-headed creature clad in plate armor inscribed with flame designs. As it sees you, it lets out a screech and brings its blade down upon you!

[roll1]
[roll]1d10+2d6+3

[roll]1d10+2d6+3
Attacks are magical, 2d6 is fire damage, 1d10 is slashing.

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-10-23, 09:19 PM
As the Final Cultist looks around at his fallen comrades lyra locks eyes with him and gives him the deadliest stare she could muster "Stay and you might live; run and I will personally haunt you to the ends of the realms and further, just to delver a death so horrid and painful that it will make The Nine Hells blush."

Assuming I'll have to make an intimidation check?
[roll0]
(don't roll low, don't roll low, don't roll low...)

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-23, 10:13 PM
As the Final Cultist looks around at his fallen comrades lyra locks eyes with him and gives him the deadliest stare she could muster "Stay and you might live; run and I will personally haunt you to the ends of the realms and further, just to delver a death so horrid and painful that it will make The Nine Hells blush."

Assuming I'll have to make an intimidation check?
[roll0]
(don't roll low, don't roll low, don't roll low...)

[roll0]
Contested check. Let's see if you make it!

You succeed! The terrified Falling Falcon, a tall but thin human male, stands in place, making direct eye contact with you under the black makeup. He tenses for a moment, considering fleeing, but you glare at him and his muscles relax. He is frozen in fear. Meanwhile, you hear a far-off whinny and the flap of titanic wings.

What would the rest of you like to do, not aware of what Lexus is seeing inside the second burning house?

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-10-23, 11:26 PM
Lyra, feeling satisfied at her warning, puts her shield away and stabs her relatively clean blade into the ground, pulling a hemp rope out, holding the role in one hand and an end in the other; "turn around and get on your knees, hands behind your back," Lyra sternly commands. she makes sure her sword is within reach in case he tries anything Lyra deems worthy of the blade. Lyra does notice the sound of Lach-roval (Slyvan for Fire wings), a pegasus that stands out among others of its kind due to the abnormality in its hairs; instead of the pearly white normally donning the majestic beast of burden Lach-roval's body takes on a light auburn hew, its tail, mane, and wings a deeper red to the point in which it takes upon a vestige of fire. Lach-Rovals eyes are even more pecular, Its eyes are a light blue, like that of only the most Blistering flames can reach. "Nin mellon, gwil- or- a surveui i area. If anything happens then nall- na nin. Dorth- in nall- haered."

Words in Sylvan which Lach-roval can understand
"My friend, fly up and survey the area. If anything happens then call to me. Stay in call distance."