PDA

View Full Version : Next step advice

Dubkor
2018-09-29, 01:54 PM
Okay, so, as a opener I've offered to step back my combat advancement several times and my GM keeps saying to build my character to do as well in combat as I can. I'm assuming at this point he has a plan that requires a character who is extremely effective in combat.

My character is a Barbarian 3/Fighter 2 Lycanthrope with full control over his hybrid form. His hybrid form comes with +2 strenghth, +4 dex and +2 con. He is human.

Feats that my character has Are, extra rage, reckless rage, power attack and furious focus (GM approved but from pathfinder. No negative on to hit from power attack on first attack). I'm a spirit totem lion barbarian, so pounce is already there.

Basically, I'm trying to decide between taking righteous wrath and a Beserk level at level 6 and following it up with fighter levels to get cleave at player level 8, leap attack at 9, combat brute blah, blah or taking a fighter level at 6 and taking the prereqs for Frenzied
Beserker so I can start with that progression by level 10 and take righteous wrath at player level 12.

Opinions on my best route? Any better ideas I'm not seeing?

Dubkor
2018-09-29, 01:58 PM
Also, my GM is very free with anything that isn't home brew but very stingy with gold. Magic items that cost, say, 4000 gold would require saving gold through to likely level 10 or so.

Like we recently beat a CR12 big bad and got two +1 weapons, but we have no cleric, so we had to spend all of it on potions. ;p

Wixazo
2018-09-29, 02:30 PM
have no cleric, so we had to spend all of it on potions. ;p

I can help for that part. Healing Belt, magic item from MIC. For 750 gp, you have a nice and cheap and Repeatable healing each day. Still need a cleric for characteristic damage....

Goaty14
2018-09-29, 02:36 PM
I can help for that part. Healing Belt, magic item from MIC. For 750 gp, you have a nice and cheap and Repeatable healing each day. Still need a cleric for characteristic damage....

This. Start buying Eternal Wands of Cure Light Wounds (Magic Item Compendium, getting the spell off of the Bard's spell list) for 820 GP each once your party runs out of belt slots.

radthemad4
2018-09-30, 10:15 AM
This. Start buying Eternal Wands of Cure Light Wounds (Magic Item Compendium, getting the spell off of the Bard's spell list) for 820 GP each once your party runs out of belt slots.Do you need to wear and/or attune the belt for it to regain charges? I kinda thought you could carry multiple belts on you, and then once you've used up the daily charges of any one of them, just take it off and put on a different one and then do the same thing tomorrow.