PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Ardent Tashalatora build

Urudin
2018-09-30, 03:51 AM
So, I am starting new campaign where I've wanted to play ardent. The rules DM set for us are the following:
Multiclass penalty enforced, 15 14 13 12 10 8 stat array, ANYTHING that is in any book (or official internet source) goes - even third party. We are starting from level 1, and I will be using flaws.
We are going to be having base of 8-9 players, with 4-5 expected each session. Because of that I have wanted to make ardent (never played it) character who will be able to take both roles.
I've thought about using ardent with dominant ideal ACF, i'm 99% sure I will be able to substitue ideal powers however I want to. Maybe I could convince to create my own ideals with feats from the book as special powers, however I would like to avoid it.
I thought about something like Psychic Warrior 2/Enlightened Monk 2/Ardent 10/anything else 6 or Psychic Wariror 1/Erudite 1/Enlightened Monk 2/Ardent 10/Anything else 6. The second one would make me loose some BAB progression, and that could be a problem.
I would like to enhance my casting with empower power and linked power, and also psionic meditation and psicrystal containment.
The lines for the meele fighting would be deep impact and greater psionic weapon. However, thanks to the Permanent Focus feat (which is from the dreamscarred press hyperconscious I would be able to use them 100% of the time. With the monk's flurry of blows advanced by tashalatora it could lead to good results.

Another thing, from enlightened monk lying around and I've thought incorporating were feats Ascetic Mind (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/ascetic-mind) and Ascetic Warrior (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/ascetic-warrior). I've thought about adding them to get the bonus points and maybe AC or Damage.

I have also wanted to be able to grapple fairly well, just for the cinematics, but those I wanted to take from the powers.
Which powers should I think about making dominant ones? Surely I have wanted to take energy missile and energy ball.

Also, the problem I have is about lack of feats for Overchannel and Talented. Do you have any ideas about it?