PDA

View Full Version : Computer not connecting to the internet.

Book Wombat
2018-09-30, 01:31 PM
Please help me. My computer is connected to the WiFi but it says "Internet Limited" but it works with Ethernet. I tried the Command Prompt, restarting my computer but it didn't work.

Mando Knight
2018-09-30, 01:46 PM
Have you checked your router's settings?

thracian
2018-09-30, 04:55 PM
"I tried the Command Prompt" is completely useless information. That's like having an issue with your car and telling the mechanic "Well, I got out my toolbox." What did you do, what commands did you run?

Open Command Prompt and run the command ipconfig. You should see at least one Ethernet adapter and at least one wireless adapter. Check the IPv4 address for each. They should both start with the same set of numbers (usually 192.168.x.x). If one starts with 169.254.x.x, it means it is not getting a valid IP address on that interface. If one is getting an IP address completely different from the other and also not 169.254.x.x, then it may have been set statically. Make sure both adapters are set to obtain an IP address automatically.

Do other devices have the same issue? Have you tried restarting the router (unplug and plug in, don't hit the reset button)?