PDA

View Full Version : If you could change one thing...

Sigbru
2007-09-16, 08:53 PM
If you could change one thing about any aspect of yourself what would it be?

Me ? Well... I want to be a girl............. cough

Crilley
2007-09-16, 09:23 PM
Realistic or not?

Un-realistic - read minds

Realistic - work on some brutal fighting skillz

Jack Squat
2007-09-16, 09:31 PM
I'd want my acne to clear up.

of course, I'd also settle for being able to do the splits.

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-16, 09:35 PM
Hmmm... I don't believe I'd change a thing about myself, because, then, I wouldn't be the same as I am now.
And, not to sound conceited, I love who I am. :smallsmile:

Mr_Saturn
2007-09-16, 09:44 PM
Just for fun, i'd like my fart to smell goood. :smalltongue:

Brickwall
2007-09-16, 09:52 PM
Is SMEE still active? She might be able to give Sigbru some direction.

I'd have stuck with practicing the guitar years sooner. My one true regret is that I wussed out when I was 10 or so and only picked it up again recently (and now I love it). Man, 7 years of practice lost...

Haruki-kun
2007-09-16, 09:54 PM
I would have started practicing Martial Arts about 10 years ago or something.

rubakhin
2007-09-16, 09:56 PM

That can be arranged, my friend. If you're serious about it, you should at least give crossdressing a try once or twice. Poking gender with a sharp stick can be fun!

Me, I wish I could figure out what it is in this house that I'm allergic to and how to get rid of it. I've been congested all summer. It must be this house, because it clears up immediately whenever I go out. It's not out of the realm of possibility that I could simply be allergic to this dismal place itself.

Catch
2007-09-16, 09:57 PM
I'd exorcise the thought that there's anything wrong with me.

If I wasn't me, I would want to be me.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-09-16, 10:04 PM
On the whole, every aspect of my health. Of course, it's my suffering that makes me more empathetic toward others...but then hopefully the change I want wouldn't affect that aspect of me.

phoenixineohp
2007-09-16, 10:12 PM
I'd have feather wings. I've always wanted them and dreamed of it.

Realistic? I'd love a healthier and stronger body that didn't have the issues this one does.

Orzel
2007-09-16, 10:19 PM
My eyes
They suck.
My teeth too.
My memory too

Soooo
Were-elephant
no, too big of a nose.

I want Superman's eyes. Lazerbeams and see through walls.

Cyrano
2007-09-16, 11:04 PM
Tough decision between weighing less, better teeth, handsomer/prettier face, and/or cello playing skills of a god.
A musical god, to be precise.
A Cellosical god, really.

TSGames
2007-09-16, 11:12 PM
Change one thing? Nah... I'm pretty much the Ubermensch.

Skippy
2007-09-16, 11:26 PM
I'd love to have more self esteem. It sucks, you know.

Semidi
2007-09-16, 11:35 PM
I wish I was a better musician or better in the physical arts department. I know the basics of each though lack the creative impulse in that way to make my own; I can only copy others.

I wish I was a better speller (I use the spell checker religiously, but it still sucks for when I have to write something off the cuff). Fun fact: When typing this post I had a dozen spelling errors before I had to take a leap of faith and trust Word.

I wish my handwriting was better. Again, I have to type everything (including this post) in a word processor because I have really, really bad handwriting. When I was younger I was usually taken for stupid because I couldn’t spell or write coherently.

Finally: I wish I had better joints. I used to run quite a bit, but my joints are terrible so it puts me in a great deal of pain to run actively.

13_CBS
2007-09-16, 11:37 PM
For me? A lot of things. A LOT things.

But most of all, I wish that I wasn't so damned lazy.

Thes Hunter
2007-09-16, 11:57 PM
If I will change one thing about myself, it will be that fact that I do not accept myself for who I am, and that I am always trying to change myself.

Woooo..... I think I hit infinite loop there. Better ctrl-alt-del myself before my brain crashes.

Edea
2007-09-17, 01:17 AM
I'd exorcise the thought that there's anything wrong with me.

Bingo.....

Trog
2007-09-17, 01:17 AM
If I could change one thing about myself it would be my negative attitude towards myself. It has done nothing but wound me and limit my potential over my lifetime. :smallsigh:

Rykaj
2007-09-17, 06:50 AM
I'd change my talent in football to world class. I love football but I'm just mediocre at it, sadly. That or guitar playing, love it too but I'm also mediocre in it.

Or I'd change the fact that I have a hard time starting things. No problem in finishing things, it's the starting that's very hard it seems.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-17, 07:31 AM
I'd have stuck with practicing the guitar years sooner. My one true regret is that I wussed out when I was 10 or so and only picked it up again recently (and now I love it). Man, 7 years of practice lost...

I'm right there with you. I started when I was 15, so I've "been playing" for 18 years. In actuality, that's about 4 years of actually playing.

If I could change one thing, it'd be my procrastination. If I'd stop putting things off... I would be so much happier with myself...

Castaras
2007-09-17, 07:41 AM
Hmmm... I don't believe I'd change a thing about myself, because, then, I wouldn't be the same as I am now.
And, not to sound conceited, I love who I am. :smallsmile:

QFT. I like being me.

Maybe I'd want to be slightly less Paranoid and Suspicious...But that's me...I wouldn't be me if I didn't question everything...

Archonic Energy
2007-09-17, 07:45 AM
i'd add a 9 in front of my monthly wage so instead of £100 it'd be £9100

or, i'd have the electrical plasmid installed.

Capt'n Ironbrow
2007-09-17, 08:09 AM
I'd change my lack of self-discipline into a "fair amount" of self-discipline so I'd graduate this year

Serpentine
2007-09-17, 08:10 AM
Less lazy would be good. I think a large number of my problems could be fixed just by more/better motivation. It'd also be nice if I was really good at something, even at the expense of other things - at the moment, I'm mediocre to decent at most things. Not bad, right? Not too good for figuring out what I should do, though - I could be an okay anything if I tried, but I want to be a great something.

Jibar
2007-09-17, 09:06 AM
More confidence.
Seriously, if I had just a little bit more confidence, nothing would stand in my way.
Expect those laws that tell me my science is illegal. They could get me in trouble.

SDF
2007-09-17, 09:07 AM
On the whole, every aspect of my health. Of course, it's my suffering that makes me more empathetic toward others...but then hopefully the change I want wouldn't affect that aspect of me.

Yeah, physically I'd get rid of those expensive chronic health problems.
Otherwise, I try to be the change I want to be and just do the best I can.

Vuurmeester
2007-09-17, 09:45 AM
I'd give myself the ability to be a better help to my girlfriend, as she needs a wish like this more than I do.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-17, 11:11 AM
I would love to be able to sing. But, I have such a weird voice, that won't happen any time soon.... :smallfrown:

Putting some weight on would be good. As I can't seem to do it.

Ummm....

Oooh, unrealistically:
Supreme Divine Powers. Why think small?

Ranis
2007-09-17, 11:15 AM
I'd really like to be able to have more confidence in myself. I'm simply not as vocal as I should be, so I really wish that I was.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-17, 03:45 PM
I have this tendency to basically sabotage myself at the last possible moment. When I'm doing great at something, I sort of subconsciously make myself do badly and lose my lead. Happens in wrestling, sometimes happens in school, happens with personal relations of all kinds. I wish I didn't do that.

Emperor Ing
2007-09-17, 03:47 PM
I wish I never had to keep up appearances. :smallfrown:

Captain van der Decken
2007-09-17, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't, because I'm absolutely perfect in every way.

(hey, someone had to)

PlatinumJester
2007-09-17, 03:54 PM
Realistically - I would make my self taller.
Unrealistically - Day walker Vampire.

Spiryt
2007-09-17, 04:11 PM
Ugh... One aspect will be so hard choice.:smallbiggrin:

But probably would make myself taller, too.

blackout
2007-09-17, 04:16 PM
I would change the fact that I have younger siblings. :smallannoyed: Little brats.

Evil_Pacifist
2007-09-17, 04:19 PM
I would change the fact that I have younger siblings. :smallannoyed: Little brats.

You have that power.

Sorry.

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-17, 04:29 PM
For me: Omnipotent deity with no worshippers, people requesting miracles, prayers, or responsibilities usually tied with being a god.

Failing that, no more speech problems.

Thrivol
2007-09-17, 07:54 PM
Unrealistic- 20 class levels in Telepath. Domination, read thoughts, and more!

Realistic- More charisma.

Brickwall
2007-09-17, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't, because I'm absolutely perfect in every way.

(hey, someone had to)

Somebody already did. :smallyuk:

ForzaFiori
2007-09-17, 08:12 PM
WAY to many things to name.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-09-17, 08:53 PM
Damn acne. Or for more (less) realistic, probably better musically, in every way. Except violin. Cause im already perfect. Bloody little Paganini, eh?

BlackStaticWolf
2007-09-17, 09:47 PM
It would be my flat affect.

Captain van der Decken
2007-09-18, 12:57 PM
Somebody already did. :smallyuk:
:smalltongue: Fine. Think up better excuses.

Setra
2007-09-18, 01:05 PM
This, minus the nervous cough.

For various reasons.

Of course being more fantasy, how about Shapeshifting abilities? Or Telepathy? >> Lack of Telepathy is one thing I'd love to change.

CrazedGoblin
2007-09-18, 01:05 PM
i wouldnt change anything either because then i wouldnt be me, id be him:smallwink:

Eldred
2007-09-18, 01:11 PM
Realistic: I'd like to be stronger
Unrealistic: God :smallwink:

Actually, being a high level sorcerer could be fun...

Ivius
2007-09-18, 02:23 PM
I wanna be a firetruck!

eidreff
2007-09-18, 02:41 PM
Maybe get the fingerend i lost 9 years ago back, you never think you'd miss it till its gone.

Or maybe I could be a traffic controller n play with the lights for a bit....heh heh crash tinkle *oops*

OverdrivePrime
2007-09-18, 02:45 PM
I'd increase my understanding of all existence by a cumulative 0.3% (1% seems too fast to be compensated for physically) per day

Within about five to ten years that should allow me to solve all worldly problems.

And if that's too much to ask, I want to increase my willpower - I loose so much productivity to "oooh shiny!" it's ridiculous.

Telonius
2007-09-18, 02:59 PM
I'd cure myself of my tinnitis. The rest of what I don't like about myself I can change with enough effort, but being half deaf is the one thing I can't fix otherwise.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-18, 03:02 PM
or, i'd have the electrical plasmid installed.

Oh really take a look at this. http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070829

Seems painfull.

North
2007-09-21, 03:01 AM
Unrealistic: Hmm Id like to Hiro's powerset from Heroes.

Unrealistic: Im currently not dating Kirsten Dunst, I'd also be happy if that was changed.

BlindfoldKobold
2007-09-21, 08:41 AM
I'd get in touch with my reptillian side, ha! I think while I'm at it I could give Sigbru some company with the whole feminiscity thing - because I'm damn sure I would be a freakin' awesome chick. I'd be a gaming, a pirate, ecclectic, charismatic, oh and reptillian chick. Ha, of couse. :smallsmile:

Mad Scientist
2007-09-21, 01:09 PM
Realistically, I would like to be the kind of person that enjoys going to the gym. I always feel good after I've gone, but the whole "remember to pack you gym bag, leave work early, blah blah" is enough to keep me from going as often as I should.

If we can ask for anything, I would like to be able to breath underwater. How cool would that be? I could snorkle without the snorkle! Or learn to surf without being scared of drowning.

psychoduck14
2007-09-21, 01:13 PM
Just for fun, i'd like my fart to smell goood. :smalltongue:

mmmhh, fresh forest breeze... I could see that in the future.

As for me I would like to have 4 arms for mad drum beats.

SMEE
2007-09-21, 01:13 PM
If you could change one thing about any aspect of yourself what would it be?

So do I. And that's exactly what I'm working onto right now. :smallsmile:

My milestone is 2010, which is still a tad to far, but I might be able to finish the process before that. :smallsmile:

Also, if you want to talk about it, or feel in need of a piece of advice on how to proceed, and which kind of doctor to talk, my PM box is open. :smallsmile:

Vuzzmop
2007-09-22, 05:31 PM
I'd be better around women. The destroyer is no good wit de ladaaaayyyyyys