Half-orc
Warlock 3 / Barbarian 4
Strength=18
Dexterity=18
Constitution=18
Intelligence= 9
Wisdom= 12
Charisma= 16

For the warlock i chose arch-fey and went pact of the chain and for my invocations i picked Gift of the Ever-Living Ones and Voice of the Chain Master and for the barbarian i chose the totem-warrior and picked the beat totem and for feats i have Dual Wielder.
i just want to get some ideas on how i can improve my character

dmteeter
2018-10-01, 09:16 AM
That really depends on what you want to do with your character?

richardbob123
2018-10-01, 09:18 AM
at the moment in my party i am a front line fighter as well scout

nickl_2000
2018-10-01, 09:18 AM
That really depends on what you want to do with your character?

This^ ... What do you want to improve. What do you find lacking in your character? Is it a combat based campaign or social? What other classes are in the party?

richardbob123
2018-10-01, 09:22 AM
The party is made up of
>Fallen Aasimar Death Cleric
>Dwarf coquest paladin
>high elf Necromancer
>Githyanki Samurai
>Gnome GOO warlock
>Goliaths blood hunter

nickl_2000
2018-10-01, 09:26 AM
Here is where I would go with that then

Level 8 - Take level 5 in barbarian to get the second attack and fast movement. - This will majorly up your dpr
Level 9 - Take 1 level in fighter to get second wind and two weapon fighting style. - Up your dpr on your off hand second attack
level 10 - take level 4 warlock for an additional cantrip and an ASI - Can boost strength to increase damage or con for more HP and +1 AC.

I don't see any need to go beyond level 4 in warlock, as your casting can't be done while raging. So after that you go all barbarian or you take a second level in fighter for action surge then go all barbarian.

Millface
2018-10-01, 09:52 AM
I'm a little confused by the multiclass, to be honest.

Raging barbarians can't concentrate on spells, either, so you can essentially only use one class at a time. What was the reasoning behind the warlock levels? If I know that, I might be able to help out, but at first glance I can't figure out why you went that direction. Hexblade pact of the blade I'd understand, but this is perplexing.

richardbob123
2018-10-01, 10:02 AM
i picked 3 levels in warlock for story reason but also for the pact of the chain so that i can scout as well being able to get max heal on spells from gift of the ever-living ones but also i chose spells that have duration but no Concentration

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-01, 10:20 AM
That is literally the most edgelord party I've ever seen. Are you sure you're not the bad guys?

The main thing I see with your party is the fact that there's no healing. A party of 7 players, and the only healing comes from a Death Cleric, likely not to have (or use) many healing spells.

Focus up on survivability, sustainability. Your team already has burst damage with the Samurai, Death Cleric and Necromancer. You're going to have a bunch of means of controlling the field with a Great Old One Warlock, Necromancer and Conquest Paladin.

So the main thing that you should probably focus on is just not dying. And while it sounds kinda awkward, a single level into Rogue would add a lot to what you already have.

Expertise gets you better at Stealth, Athletics or Perception. You can upgrade your ability to scout well, and you can look into Grappling. Grappling for a Rogue is particularly powerful, since you can knock the target prone, drop their speed to 0 (because you grappled them), keeps them from getting back up (since you need speed to get up from being prone), and in order to get back up they have to break your grapple (impossible, since you have expertise+18 STR+Advantage from Rage).

This means your main target will have disadvantage to hit anything, and melee attacks have advantage to hit (granting you your sneak attack bonuses).
-------------
On a separate note, if your Paladin isn't much of a good guy, you should try to convince him of the benefits of breaking his Oath.

The Oathbreaker is fairly selfish with class mechanics in comparison to other paladins. Where other paladins help allies, the Oathbreaker's abilities only help himself or the undead. Considering you have two "necromancer-esc" players on your team, your team would end up with a very dangerous army of zombies.

Maxilian
2018-10-01, 10:43 AM
For the warlock i chose arch-fey and went pact of the chain and for my invocations i picked Gift of the Ever-Living Ones and Voice of the Chain Master and for the barbarian i chose the totem-warrior and picked the beat totem and for feats i have Dual Wielder.
i just want to get some ideas on how i can improve my character

What heals do you maximize with the Gift of the Ever-living ones? it doesn't look like you have heals of your own (Diviny Warlock would have been good with this), do you base your damage around a cantrip right? cause you lack extra attack, but you have a lot of DEX and STR, so i assume you use one of the weapon based cantrips for your damage (Sadly can't use any of those while raging), so i would recommend pushing for lvl 5 Barbarian for the Extra Attack, then you could go for 1 more Warlock for the ASI and then just push Barb

Specter
2018-10-01, 11:40 AM
Yeah, Barbarian and Warlock feels weird. I would simply follow Barbarian from now on, with perhaps 1-3 Fighter levels to increase damage (TWF fighting style, Action Surge and Improved Crit/Maneuvers speak for themselves). Action Surge, by the way, is the only way you'll have of casting a spell and attack with Rage in the same turn.