PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Question about Homunculus crafting.

frogglesmash
2018-10-02, 08:01 PM
When crafting a a homunculus ( or any construct for that matter), are you allowed to select their feats, or are you required to use the feats included in their stat blocks?

unseenmage
2018-10-03, 05:57 AM
According to the Brain bio construct modification in the PRD,

"Brain: This upgrade doesn’t permit the golem to think independently, but instead, the brain works as a storage device, permitting the golem to acquire skills and feats as if it had an Intelligence score of 10. "
Emphasis mine.

The Golem acquires the feats meaning the GM chooses I'd say.

Sets a precedent if nothing else.

frogglesmash
2018-10-03, 12:34 PM
According to the Brain bio construct modification in the PRD,

"Brain: This upgrade doesn’t permit the golem to think independently, but instead, the brain works as a storage device, permitting the golem to acquire skills and feats as if it had an Intelligence score of 10. "
Emphasis mine.

The Golem acquires the feats meaning the GM chooses I'd say.

Sets a precedent if nothing else.

At best that passage implies that the golem chooses the skills and feats, which is unhelpful.

unseenmage
2018-10-03, 02:45 PM
At best that passage implies that the golem chooses the skills and feats, which is unhelpful.

As the Construct cannot make choices itself as a non-player character that duty falls to the game master.

My apologies if this information has been unhelpful to you. I look forward to your finding better or more explicit precedent elsewhere.

noob
2018-10-03, 03:14 PM
You can however retrain your homonculi since it is intelligent but you need teachers to retrain stuff.