PDA

View Full Version : I've just thought of something that might be original [Spoilers!]

The Extinguisher
2007-09-16, 11:34 PM
So we don't have to use those bothesome spoiler tags. I don't think this particualar theory has shown up before.

Anyway, my idea. Haley, Belkar and Floapsy and unable to connent with the rest of the party, and by some chance, they meet up with Julio and the Mechane. Juilo takes them to the Western Continent, to wait for the rest of the party. Julio takes off, desperate not to see Elan, and we get some daddy-related development during the time they are waiting.

So discuss.

kpenguin
2007-09-16, 11:37 PM
Uh... I think the Julio Scoundrel theory has already been stated several times before.

Sorry.

The Extinguisher
2007-09-16, 11:40 PM
Curses! Foiled Again.

David Argall
2007-09-17, 02:29 AM
It might be an original theory in part, which brings up the book review. "This book is partly good and partly original. Unfortunately the parts that are good are not original and the parts that are original are not good."

The splitting of the party at all is a bad idea, and the longer it continues, the worse it will be. By shoving half the party over to another continent, we are just making that split impossibly long, not to mention making Roy's raise about impossible.. We are effectively writing half the party out of an entire book.

No, the party must all stay around the city and reunite there, within a few days at most. They will leave the city as a united force.

The Extinguisher
2007-09-17, 02:52 AM
Considering the rest of the party will be going to the Western Continent...

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-17, 06:40 PM
It might be an original theory in part, which brings up the book review. "This book is partly good and partly original. Unfortunately the parts that are good are not original and the parts that are original are not good."

The splitting of the party at all is a bad idea, and the longer it continues, the worse it will be. By shoving half the party over to another continent, we are just making that split impossibly long, not to mention making Roy's raise about impossible.. We are effectively writing half the party out of an entire book.

No, the party must all stay around the city and reunite there, within a few days at most. They will leave the city as a united force.

Um, there's just one problem with that. Cloister. Half the party can't get into the city, and the other half can't get out of it.

Green Bean
2007-09-17, 06:44 PM
Um, there's just one problem with that. Cloister. Half the party can't get into the city, and the other half can't get out of it.

How exactly do you know what Cloister does?

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 06:44 PM
Um, there's just one problem with that. Cloister. Half the party can't get into the city, and the other half can't get out of it.Yeah... What's Cloister do exactly?

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-17, 06:45 PM
Unless someone found the description of Cloister, I don't think that it will necessarily keep them from entering or exiting the city. I thought that Cloister was a spell that blocked divinations and magical communications. But what do I know? :smalltongue:

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-17, 07:09 PM
Unless someone found the description of Cloister, I don't think that it will necessarily keep them from entering or exiting the city. I thought that Cloister was a spell that blocked divinations and magical communications. But what do I know? :smalltongue:

Well, my impression of Cloister was that Azure City had been taken "off the map", meaning that no one could enter or leave the city and that neither party could communicate with the other by magical means. No one but Rich knows what it does because it's not in any of the books.

Twilight Jack
2007-09-17, 07:19 PM
Well, my impression of Cloister was that Azure City had been taken "off the map", meaning that no one could enter or leave the city and that neither party could communicate with the other by magical means. No one but Rich knows what it does because it's not in any of the books.

My guess is that it's an epic-level spell (see: Dorukan's headband) that completely blocks all dimensional movement and divination into or out of a defined geographical area. No scrying, no teleporting, no summoning, no plane shifting. It's like a filtered antimagic field, covering the whole city. I think that Haley and Belkar can probably still walk out, but they've got to figure out a means to do so with no assistance forthcoming from the rest of the Order.

dakiwiboid
2007-09-17, 07:58 PM
How exactly do you know what Cloister does?

Yoritomo has found the Tome of Burlew!

2007-09-17, 08:10 PM
I agree that it is unlikely to be a very long seperation. Having two storylines (Team Evil and OOTS) is plenty to follow. Splitting it into three (Team Boat & Team Corpse) would drag the narritive.

Its possible that is what Rich wants to happen, but, well... Just look at Goblins and you'll get my drift.

Green Bean
2007-09-17, 08:11 PM
Yoritomo has found the Tome of Burlew!

Gasp! You mean the very book that contains V's gender, Miko's current alignment, and Sabine's sub-type?

explanetpluto
2007-09-17, 08:39 PM
Gasp! You mean the very book that contains V's gender, Miko's current alignment, and Sabine's sub-type?

V is transgender, Miko's alignment is Lawful-Dead, and Sabine is half-demon half-devil.

The Extinguisher
2007-09-17, 10:38 PM
Its possible that is what Rich wants to happen, but, well... Just look at Goblins and you'll get my drift.

Or The Lord of the Rings, if you want another perspective. I'm pretty sure I could come up with much better examples, but I'm a bit tired.