PDA

View Full Version : A lil' help?

Cowboy_ninja
2007-09-17, 12:50 AM
i've been at it forever and im out of time.

i need fast movement, evasion, and a climb speed in 5 levels. can it be done?

slimb speed as in ape totem barbarian, or PHBII scount, fastmovement as in anything that gets me +10 to my speed, and evasion is evasion.

thanks

Zincorium
2007-09-17, 12:58 AM
2 levels of monk gives you the fast movement and evasion, and ex-monks don't lose much so you can go ape totem barbarian after that.

The climb speed is the hardest part, haven't found any replacements for it.

As it is, you can be a monk who was rescued from the burning remains of his monastery by his trusty monkey friend, and then lived in the wilderness, his anger building up over the loss of his adopted family. Cliche, sorta, but it could work.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-09-17, 01:01 AM
What exactly are you looking for with that climb speed in 5 levels?

Ape Barbarian - 1 has Fast Movement and his climb speed is half his base land speed which gives you 20 at level 1 as a human or most medium creatures.

Rogue - 2 or Monk - 2 has Evasion.

Monk - 3 has Evasion and gets another +10 to movement.

Consider playing a Hengeyokai from Oriental Adventures formerly a +1 LA race one of the Dragon issues made them +0 LA. It sort of fits the Ape Barbarian background theme.

Your PC can shapechange into a monkey with a 30 foot climb speed or a hybrid form that gets +4 to climb 1/day per hd/level which should be able to take the best climb speed of your monkey or humaoid form.

JackMage666
2007-09-17, 01:05 AM
Ape Totem Barbarian 1/Scout 4, I think nets you what you need.

EDIT: I lied. Scouts don't get Evasion til lvl 5. But this will net you everything else, as well as Skirmish. One more level and you've got evasion.

Funkyodor
2007-09-17, 01:06 AM
By level 5 you should have enough cash to purchase some Slippers of Spider Climbing, while not lasting 24 hours, it should last long enough for combat actions. But as mentioned Monk level 3+ for evasion and fast move, Barbarian for fast move, Rogue 2+ for evasion, etc...

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-09-17, 01:08 AM
Chaos Monk? Practically the same as a regular monk, just with some flavor differences and an alignment requirement backflip that actually allows you to be a barbarian later without pulling a morale 180.

Crow
2007-09-17, 01:40 PM
i've been at it forever and im out of time.

i need fast movement, evasion, and a climb speed in 5 levels. can it be done?

slimb speed as in ape totem barbarian, or PHBII scount, fastmovement as in anything that gets me +10 to my speed, and evasion is evasion.

thanks

What the hell are you trying to stat out? Tarzan of the Apes?