PDA

View Full Version : How many Goggles of Night does your gloomstalker have?

Dalebert
2018-10-03, 11:27 PM
Mine is up to three. One was DM rewarded, one is from a trade, and I just unlocked them and bought a third pair with treasure points.

Even if I'd had all three tonight (only had two) there were still FOUR people without darkvision. I'm starting to think gloomstalkers come with a light curse, a light curse that's worse than what drow have to put up with.

"Put out that damned light!"

ProsecutorGodot
2018-10-03, 11:37 PM
Mine is up to three. One was DM rewarded, one is from a trade, and I just unlocked them and bought a third pair with treasure points.

Even if I'd had all three tonight (only had two) there were still FOUR people without darkvision. I'm starting to think gloomstalkers come with a light curse, a light curse that's worse than what drow have to put up with.

"Put out that damned light!"

That's pretty unfortunate.

My DM is pretty lenient as far as the Gloom Stalker in our party is concerned. I'm the only one of the players the regularly plays a race without darkvision and we got a set of Goggles pretty early in to the campaign. For a lot of the throwaway encounters of a dungeon crawl they're virtually undetectable, makes a great scout.

I don't think that the subclass suffers so much from light sources that I would call it a curse though, they're arguably our most consistent damage dealer even when the encounter starts in broad daylight.