PDA

View Full Version : Linear Guild in the Playground [discussion]

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Herman
2007-09-17, 12:54 AM
This is the discussion thread of the Linear Guild in the Playground contest.

Here, you can discuss your nominations, campaign for votes, or discuss anything remotely relevant to the contest.

To receive a waffle, please fill in form #59a in triplicate and submit it the the Ministry of Waffles.

Shadow
2007-09-17, 01:28 AM
Nale
Shadow
The_Chilli_God
Lord MagtokYou're totally right.
We all all SOOOOOO freaking Nale...

My nominations to come after I get some sleep.

Good Night all!

And remember!
Shadow for Nale-itp!

Zar Peter
2007-09-17, 01:35 AM
Form 59a, Receiving of a waffle (made by the ministry of waffles, pie and cookies.)

Please fill in the following questions correct and send your request to our ministry in three copies:

1) Name:

2) Age:

3) Gender:

4) Name of parents:

5) Total monthly income:

6) Total monthly income of parents:

7) Possessions:

8) Have you ordered a waffle before?

9) Do you want to have the waffle for yourself or for someone else?

9a) If you want to have the waffle for someone else: Name, income and possessions of this person:

10) Do you think you will eat another waffle in the next 6 months?

10a) If your answer is yes, please order form 59b form our ministry and fill it in, too!

Thank you for your participation, please note that it will last about 1-2 weeks till we can work on your order.

Please note: Baking, eating or selling of waffles without the official sign of the MfWPC is illegal an can be fined with jail up to one year!

(Someone give me something to work, I'm bored!)

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-17, 03:00 AM
Waitwaitwaitwait.
I'm more Naley than I am Thoggish?

:smallconfused:

Oh well. Whatever gets my hopes of getting something else up again.

Akaziel
2007-09-17, 04:53 AM
I'll try to get myself nominated.

Akaziel for Nale in the Playground, or I shall plot your immediate downfall immediately. If you do... cookies will be distributed evenly. That is, if I don't double-cross you first, and use the cookies as tools to destroy you.

Korias
2007-09-17, 05:51 AM
Just a reminde, do not nominate me for any LGitp. I do not fit their personalities.

Castaras
2007-09-17, 07:44 AM
<blah blah blah very long form blah>

I refuse to fill in Waffle forms! WAFFLE RIGHTS FOR ALL! :smallbiggrin:

@Chilli - Yep, definitely more Nale than Thog. Not seen any Thogish qualities from you.

Zar Peter
2007-09-17, 07:59 AM
You should see the form for pies! :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2007-09-17, 09:48 AM
Who plots diabolical schemes against the good
guys that actually work?
Shadow does.

Who gets killed every game because everyone is afraid
of what will happen if he gets to live?
Shadow does.

Who shaves off his proverbial goatee to
infiltrate the ranks of the good guys?
Shadow does.

Who's the obvoius choice for Nale in the Playground?
Shadow is!

Vote Shadow for Nale-iest in the Playground!

This message was sponsored by the Shadow for Nale-iest in the Playground organization. Any and all supporters of this group have the blessings of said organization to campaign for Shadow of their own accord. Consider this your expressed, written consent.

Castaras
2007-09-17, 09:48 AM
*ahem*

I am Castaras.

The Pieomancer, remember?

I NEED NO FORM FOR PIES.

Thank-you.

:smallbiggrin:

Oh yeah, persuade me on who to vote for. I still have quite a few nomination spots.

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 10:33 AM
This isn't fair for would be Thog people! Thog can hardly read, and you expect those who resemble a lover of tasties to fill out forms in trilpicate? No, I say!

*changes sizing longspear to large, moves twenty feet to get full bonus of Improved Skirmish, and begins destroying documents*

Show me the forms for ice cream!

smellie_hippie
2007-09-17, 11:00 AM
me like ice cream. :smallbiggrin:

me have rocket skates. :smallamused:

no, me really have rocket skates. :smallannoyed:

me thog. :smallbiggrin:

thog find picture of hippie warrior...
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/5.jpg

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-17, 02:09 PM
Atreyu: Substandard intelligent score.
Atreyu: Despite being a smelly beast is considered adorable and marketable.
Atreyu: Always a sidekick, never a criminal mastermind.

Atreyu for Thog in the PLayground

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-17, 02:11 PM
@Chilli - Yep, definitely more Nale than Thog. Not seen any Thogish qualities from you. Oh well. I guess that I haven't had MURK's presence felt around here strongly enough in recent times. Might need to work on that for when there might be an Orc itp.

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 02:15 PM
Orc itp.Pray I'm gone that day. I'd put out my eye to win that vote. Or better yet, kill elves until one of them does so.

Hippie says he likes ice cream, but does he eat it at the computer? No? Then who does? Hmm... Perhaps TPBTPAM?

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-17, 02:23 PM
Yes, but MURK (http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/TheChilliGod/RP_FF/MURKi.png) already beat you to putting out his eye.
:smallamused:

Lord Magtok
2007-09-17, 02:24 PM
guys that actually work?
Magtok does!

Who is the man people think of when they hear of the dreaded AMEN, an evil group that resembles the LG in some ways?
Magtok is!

Who was the first and only villain to actually take over the Town?
Magtok was!

Magtok is!

Who clearly ripped plagiarized Shadow's campaigny thing to boost his own chances of grabbing another trophy?

Magtok!

Vote Magtok for Nale-iest in the Playground!

This message was sponsored by the Shadow is a stinkyhead organization. Any and all supporters of this group have the blessings of said organization to campaign for Magtok of their own accord. And Shadow is a stinkyhead. :smalltongue:

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 02:29 PM
Yes, but MURK (http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/TheChilliGod/RP_FF/MURKi.png) already beat you to putting out his eye.
:smallamused:You even got the right eye, too... Oh well, I guess I'll have to make up for it by killing elves, dwarves, and anything else devoid of orc blood. After LGitP votes are in, of course. I'll settle for ice cream and NPC law enforcers until then.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-17, 02:30 PM
Cool. But, as I said, MURK's presence has not been felt around here for a while, so he isn't really competition for this round.

Who plots diabolical schemes against the good guys that actually work?
Not Nale, that's for certain.

Who is the man people think of when they hear of the dreaded AMEN?
An organization that Nale is not in

Who was the first and only villain to actually take over the Town?
Nale can't even take over his own girlfriend.

Someone Else!

Who clearly ripped plagiarized Shadow's campaigny thing to boost his own chances of grabbing another trophy?

Magtok!
Okay, I'll give you that one. Yes! I'm not a stinkyhead!

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-17, 02:36 PM
I want to run for something, but:

a) OotS and NPC in the Playground have come and passed
b) I'm a Chaotic Good Bard 2/Paladin of Freedom 1, while Nale is a Lawful Evil Fighter/Rogue/Sorcerer who hates bards.
c) Sabine is a slutty fiend girl, I'm a dashing paladin guy.
d) Thog is stupid and I'm smart (I love Thog but I'm nothing like him)

To sum up: I'm nothing like any of the Linear Guilders, but after this there aren't really any OotS characters to run for.

Wait! Of course!

SOMEONE NOMINATE ME FOR YOKYOK! It would be perfect!

Lord Magtok
2007-09-17, 02:37 PM
*Revises campaigny stuff*

guys that almost work?
Magtok does!

Who was the first and only villain to actually take over the Town, and then lose it in a horribly humiliating manner?
Magtok was!

Vote Magtok for Nale-iest in the Playground!

This message was sponsored by the Shadow is a stinkyhead organization. Any and all supporters of this group have the blessings of said organization to campaign for Magtok of their own accord. And Chilli God is a stinkyhead too. :smalltongue:

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-17, 02:40 PM
Much better!

...Except for the "I am a stinkyhead" bit. Believe me, I'd probably get with Castaras on reviving the Killing Spree just for that.

Shadow
2007-09-17, 02:40 PM
I am honored that you both liked my campaign platform so much that you felt the need to steal it outright.
Yes.
Honored.
But that doesn't mean that you'll get close to beating me.
No.
Not even close.

Shadow!
The Nale-iest Nale
in the Playground!

The others are simply clones.

*goes back to work*

Ichneumon
2007-09-17, 02:45 PM
Oke, I am just going to try this one....

1. Anyone remember the first ABR? I had a twin sister who had an opposite alignment!
2. I have this strange urge to do things overly complicated. Anyone read my comic? The plot certainly is certainly NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED
3. I am Lawful, extremely lawful.

Vote Ichneumon
for NALE
in the playground
Because I am needlessly complicated

Shadow
2007-09-17, 02:52 PM
You want to talk about needlessly complicated?
Check THIS out! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2486537&postcount=447)

Already I am beginning to plot your downfall.

All of you....

*really goes back to work*

Ichneumon
2007-09-17, 02:57 PM
Needlessly complicated?

I made a computer program to make a table to have a list of polygon angles? Why? I just wanted to know! Talk about needlessly complicated!

See this for the table, it might take some time to load. (http://www.jleuven.net/polygon.htm)

wadledo
2007-09-17, 02:57 PM
Hmm... I qualify for none of these positions.
Vote me for dude who likes pudding!

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 02:59 PM
You want to talk about needlessly complicated?
Check THIS out! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2486537&postcount=447)

All of you....

*really goes back to work*Can I help? If so, can I wear rocket skates and/or a leprechaun outfit?

DraPrime
2007-09-17, 03:06 PM
Don't nominate me. I got that Magtok award for a reason.

Ichneumon
2007-09-17, 03:12 PM

I will have my disproportionate revenge!

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-17, 03:23 PM
Shadow, you seem to be a convincing candidate. However, something in your signature troubles me:

--Click here every day to feed an animal.--

This is not an evil cause, in fact it is a noble one! How do I know if you are the Nale for me if you support a good and just cause? You had better explain yourself.

--------------------------------------

Who is crazy about rapiers and glory?

Mockingbyrd7 is!

Who is absolutely in love with the Princess Bride movies?

Mockingbyrd7 is!

Who's nothing like most of the Linear Guild members?

Mockingbyrd7!

Who's a justice-seeking Paladin of Freedom/Bard?

Mockingbyrd7 is!

Who's totally ripping of the advertising scheme of more people than he can count?

Mockingbyrd7 is!

Vote Mockingbyrd7 as Yokyok in the Playground!
Hey, Mr. Scruffy in the playground didn't exist but Atreyu won it, why not Yokyok?

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 03:26 PM
Vote Ganurath for Thog ITP.
Less to read, and more ice cream.

Shadow
2007-09-17, 03:58 PM
Nale
Lord Magtok
The Chili God

There's an empty spot in each category available to anyone who wishes to bribe me.
I don't bribe.
I torture and humiliate and infuriate.
Put Shadow's name on there or I'll delete your account and username.

I know how.
Shadow, you seem to be a convincing candidate. However, something in your signature troubles me:

This is not an evil cause, in fact it is a noble one! How do I know if you are the Nale for me if you support a good and just cause? You had better explain yourself.
I have a pet wyvern at home. If I'm not there to feed him while I'm out doing my dastardly deeds he'll die.

And then who will protect all my gear?

So I've created a fake not-for-profit organization to feed my wyvern and I keep all the excess funding after he's been fed, minus the cost for food and wage to the keeper, but I usually just let the wyvern eat the keeper when I return home, so that I don't have to pay him at all. Then I just "hire" someone else to do it.

So the link just causes all the soft hearted morons in the world to click it, thereby making me money and killing more innocents.

Explaination good enough?

Volug
2007-09-17, 04:11 PM
I don't really know who to nominate....

guess i'll wait and see:smalltongue:

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-17, 04:13 PM
I have a pet wyvern at home. If I'm not there to feed him while I'm out doing my dastardly deeds he'll die.

So I've created a fake not-for-profit organization to feed my wyvern and I keep all the excess funding after he's been fed, minus the cost for food and wage to the keeper, but I usually just let the wyvern eat the keeper when I return home, so that I don't have to pay him at all. Then I just "hire" someone else to do it.

So the link just causes all the soft hearted morons in the world to click it, thereby making me money and killing more innocents.

Plenty. You have my vote for Nale unless someone else completely sweeps me off my feet.

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 04:14 PM
I don't really know who to nominate....

guess i'll wait and see:smalltongue:Nominate me. Here's why.

*Gives everyone who's nominated him free ice cream.*

Sprinkles come in voting week.

Shadow
2007-09-17, 04:16 PM
Nominate me. Here's why.

*Gives everyone who's nominated him free ice cream.*

Sprinkles come in voting week.

*goes to nominate Ganurath for Baskin Robbins itp*

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-09-17, 05:22 PM
You want my nomination, perhaps?

Then bribe me. Bribe me with shiny items. Or egotrips. Or both.

Currently my only plan is to nominate SurlySeraph for Sabine out of spite. I encourage you to do the same.

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 05:30 PM
Currently my only plan is to nominate SurlySeraph for Sabine out of spite. I encourage you to do the same.Would doing that cover the egotrip part of a Thog nomination bribe, along with some shiny chocolate syrup on your ice cream?

2007-09-17, 05:54 PM
Yes. Yes it would.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-17, 06:16 PM
Vote Mockingbyrd7 as Yokyok in the Playground!
Hey, Mr. Scruffy in the playground didn't exist but Atreyu won it, why not Yokyok?

I was actually thinking of doing that even before you brought it up. I don't want to disrupt Lord Herman's carefully planned contest, though.

Currently my only plan is to nominate SurlySeraph for Sabine out of spite. I encourage you to do the same.

Screw this non-retaliation business. I'll get Atonement later. YOUR BLOOD SHALL FLOW IN THE STREETS, EXCESSIVELY WITTY ONE!

2007-09-17, 07:50 PM
I fake my wit, my good sir.

Alarra
2007-09-17, 08:14 PM
Alarra for Sabine in the Playground

Why?

She can affect an appearance of sweet and innocent (shapeshifting, hello..), but ask any who've ever played a game with her.....she's downright evil.

What's her specialty? Getting people to trust her and tell her information before using it against them...

She's power hungry and sexy...:smallwink:

And also, although only marginally related, she's been Sabine in showdown both times. :smalltongue:

(And I didn't make this avatar for this contest, I've had it for months and been meaning to use it. :smallbiggrin: Thanks, Yiel, for the avatar.)

2007-09-17, 09:21 PM
Vote SurlySeraph for Sabine, Folks!
Give his manipulative ways some note! Bring him down a peg!

How many times has he fooled you with his holier-than-thou attitude? How many times, evil folks, have his often excessively destructive attacks brought some joy to your heart when you watch them? (unless he was ripping out YOUR heart, of course. Then you'd only feel a colder-than-usual spot) His seductive dance of Smite Evils and Stab Bystanders must not go unrewarded!

Plus it'd be fun to watch him squirm in the polls.

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 09:24 PM
...Wow, I'm torn. Surly for spite, or Alarra for real reasons?

wadledo
2007-09-17, 09:29 PM
...Wow, I'm torn. Surly for spite, or Alarra for real reasons?

4 words
Little - Red - Leather - Dress
http://homepage.mac.com/adreena/.Pictures/Alarra_sabine.gif

2007-09-17, 09:31 PM
I'm sure I can find somebody who'd make a SurlySeraph in a little red dress. I'd just have to ask around.

wadledo
2007-09-17, 09:34 PM
He won't look nearly as good in it though.

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 09:36 PM
4 words
http://homepage.mac.com/adreena/.Pictures/Alarra_sabine.gifFour words: She has cooties.

2007-09-17, 09:39 PM
That's only three w--oh, nevermind.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-17, 09:56 PM
Vote SurlySeraph for Sabine, Folks!
Give his manipulative ways some note! Bring him down a peg!

How many times has he fooled you with his holier-than-thou attitude? How many times, evil folks, have his often excessively destructive attacks brought some joy to your heart when you watch them? (unless he was ripping out YOUR heart, of course. Then you'd only feel a colder-than-usual spot) His seductive dance of Smite Evils and Stab Bystanders must not go unrewarded!

Plus it'd be fun to watch him squirm in the polls.

I am Holier Than Thou (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T3DGS6k-BQ)! It is no trick, and it is no illusion! Those who doubt my honesty and zeal... look at my sig. I just won MikoITP. Perhaps I am not perfectly good, but it is impossible to argue that I don't try to be good, or that I don't firmly believe that I am good.

My attacks may be excessively destructive, but they are justified. My aggression is always proportional to the evil and/ or chaos of my target, not unnecessary and arbitrary. And, though my attacks may bring joy to those of good will and just spirit, they bring nothing but dismay (or sometimes contempt) to the thoughts of those who would turn away from righteousness.

I am in no way, shape, or form seductive - and it's not like I can change my form, either. Look at the Crushes thread in Friendly Banter. Has anyone so much as implied that they might under certain circumstances have a crush on me? Indeed, what kind of person would have a crush on an ill-tempered, middle-aged paragon of judgment and wrath? Normal love is all about openness, friendliness, and kindness, not paranoia and destruction. Hell, I'm not even crazy in an endearing way.

Besides, given that I just won MikoITP, it would be unjust for me to receive another trophy so soon.

I'm sure I can find somebody who'd make a SurlySeraph in a little red dress. I'd just have to ask around.

I will not stand for your pre-versions, you pre-verted pre-vert! Besides, paladins of my order only wear blue, white, or gray... What was I saying again? Oh, right. BLASPHEMY! HEATHENISM! CORRUPTION! ANATHEMA! DAMNATION! SLAY THE CORRUPTOR, BREAK THE CORRUPTOR, BLEED THE CORRUPTOR, BURN THE CORRUPTOR! NO MERCY FOR THE CORRUPTOR! *slash slash slash!*

Ganurath
2007-09-17, 10:18 PM
I'm no artist, (http://i3.tinypic.com/5yx4tnr.jpg) but there's Surly in a dress, with glowing red eyes. Heavily editted off the original, in Paint. I'll be killed later, but what Thog would get along with a Miko?

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-17, 10:46 PM
... :smalleek:

OMG, I didn't start with the advertising of my Propaganda Siggies, yet! Because that's who I really run for!

Vote The Chilli God - The Guy Who Makes Your Propaganda Siggies!
Because I do them for other people as well!

Yeah, I'm not campaigning for Nale unless I actually get nominated. I mean, I see some Nale-ish qualities in myself (For example: My burning desire to rid the world of one particular organization, my gathering of a select few individuals to aid me, my capability in trickery, and my preference to wielding longswords as weapons), but not enough to actually start the campaign.

Shadow
2007-09-17, 10:48 PM
If you make me a thin banner, not a tall one, I'll consider nominating you.

But it must be worthy of my infamous reputation, or I'll just kill you.

I might do that anyway. Who knows?

My face with a goatee on it.... That's the pic for it.
That'd get you nominated.

2007-09-17, 11:04 PM
Nothing can stop me. The pawns are falling into place.

Ganurath
2007-09-18, 12:33 AM
Nothing can stop me. The pawns are falling into place....What you mean?

Ichneumon
2007-09-18, 01:05 AM
I don't know if it has already been done, but maybe the next contest could be a superhero/supervillain in the playground thing.

Lord Herman
2007-09-18, 01:28 AM
We already did that. Supagoof won the superhero award, Magtok was the supervillain, and Atreyu was the sidekick.

Ichneumon
2007-09-18, 01:32 AM
I see, I already thought I could remember something like that.

Is there a list of all the contests?

banjo1985
2007-09-18, 06:05 AM
Nothing for me again this time, I probably count as the anti-Nale! Still, my votes are in, and it was much easier to identify fitting candidates this time!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-09-18, 09:28 AM
Who is a careful planner capable of duping the Town into thinking he's on their side? Rex Idiotarum.

Who's badass with a blade so that you never want to be on his other end? Rex Idiotarum

Who has a succubus girlfriend? Rex Idiotarum.

Who's good on One on One fighting? Rex Idiotarum.

Nale is a person who can formulate careful, long term plans which involve small scale scenarios, PC vs. PC Class, unlike what Xykon does, what Magtok does, which is PC vs Army of NPC classes.

Nominate Rex Idiotarum for Nale in the playground: There is more to Nale than just Evil.

Lord Herman
2007-09-18, 09:31 AM
Nothing for me again this time, I probably count as the anti-Nale!

Anti-Nale? Something like... a Chaotic-Good guy who looks exactly like him, but without the goatee?

banjo1985
2007-09-18, 09:33 AM
Exactly! Maybe we should do a poll for....oh damnit already did :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-09-18, 09:59 AM
*blinks*

Me for Sabine itp?

That makes even less sense than Redcloak did...O_o

Ganurath
2007-09-18, 10:57 AM
*blinks*

Me for Sabine itp?

That makes even less sense than Redcloak did...O_oEvil lady with high Cha. That make more sense?

Vote Ganurath for Thog.
Less reading, more ice cream.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-18, 12:22 PM
talky man with spear and watermelon head forget thog fact.

true thog not understand what keys on bottom corners for.

vote hippie for thog... cause hippie sound like puppy.

p.s. here your celine dion cd ganurath :smallamused:

Ganurath
2007-09-18, 12:37 PM
...No more exam reminders.

*flings CD at Hippie like a shuriken*

Door's better, but Gan work with what Gan got.

Castaras
2007-09-18, 12:37 PM
Evil lady with high Cha. That make more sense?

Makes slightly more sense...

Although I don't think I have that high a Cha score, but anyway...<.<

smellie_hippie
2007-09-18, 12:45 PM
...No more exam reminders.

thanks for reminder you already gave. that help hippie with his 38 notecards already. not really planning on winning this competition, but it fun to aggravate you. :smallamused:

Ganurath
2007-09-18, 12:52 PM
Gan thought smelly man say true Thog not know how to use buttons...

Also, since when do true Thog study? Or take exam?

Lord Magtok
2007-09-18, 02:11 PM
Who is a careful planner capable of duping the Town into thinking he's on their side? Both of us.

Who's badass with a blade so that you never want to be on his other end? Haven't seen him ever use a long sword before.

Who has a succubus girlfriend? Coulda sworn she was a vampire.

Who's good on One on One fighting? Not Nale. With his horrible multiclassing, he's underpowered. He uses strategy and his CHA stat instead, and clearly would've had his arse kicked by Roy back in the Dungeon. The only person he's ever really done well against is Elan, and that was because he had the element of surprise when he stuck his blade in Elan's back.

Nale is a person who can formulate careful, long term plans which involve small scale scenarios, PC vs. PC Class, unlike what Xykon does, what Magtok does, which is PC vs Army of NPC classes. I never used large armies to win any battles. Everything was done slowly, with the good guys doing most of my work for me, and only three robot NPCs were actually used.

Nominate Rex Idiotarum for Nale in the playground: There is more to Nale than just Evil. Unfortunately, there isn't more to Rex than just evil.

Shadow
2007-09-18, 02:37 PM
He uses strategy and his CHA stat insteadYou're only helping my argument my friend!
You're describing me right there.

Lord Herman
2007-09-18, 02:47 PM
The votes so far:

Nale
16 - Shadow
15 - Lord Magtok
10 - The Chilli God
3 - Eldritch Knight
3 - Jontom Xire

Sabine
17 - Alarra
12 - Serpentine
10 - Castaras
8 - CurlyKitGirl
5 - Moon Called

Thog
18 - Ganurath
16 - Trog
11 - Xssar
5 - Atreyu
3 - Graklok

Nominations last until Friday.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-18, 03:07 PM
A young swashbuckler walks out onto the stage. A hushed silence falls as he clears a space, then returns to the side curtain.

Picking up a box with the word "SOAP" on it, he returns to the center of the stage.

"I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart there is one playgrounder that deserves the title of Sabine more than any other, including my wife Emerald Rose.

Yes, I believe that Emerald Rose is extremely worthy of being Sabine in the Playground (believe me when I say she doesn't use subdual damage, and her whips all have daggers this big (holds hands about two feet apart) on them.

No, today I would like to campaign for Alarra! She may not say it, she may not convey it, but this is one of the only real prizes she would like to contend for. Think of how much she does for us - moderates us, mothers us, teases us, talks to anyone of us that PMs her in the night about some sort of flame.

Believe me - a moderator knows about flames. What is this community but some extension of purgatory where electronic 0s and 1s form together to realize some new form of reality? How is moderating this electrical hell any different than what a lovely, lovely sexy succubus (CRACK!) sorry ER does for us? Is not a moderator like some form of demon, sent to regulate an order of this chaos we call the forums?

Let it be said that two fine fine candidates - Emerald Rose, and Alarra really do seek this prize, although neither will voice it. But, just remember - if you have an avatar that Alarra made - maybe you should at least consider her.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-09-18, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, there isn't more to Rex than just evil.
And that's where you loose against me in every battle.

Point being: Magtok Uses Minions that he doesn't care for. Nale uses friends that he doesn't care for. There's the biggest difference. And, Magtok, there's a difference between making the Town know you are not a threat, and making the townies think that they can trust you. (O! Burn.)

They can trust me, but they know that I'm still a threat. Magtok, you have neither. It's more like the townies just turn to him and laugh. "Hahaha! How cute, he's planning another takeover."

Lastly, you never wondered about Hitomi's wings and Horns and threats against stealing souls? She's a vampire Succubus, if that's possible. ((In the Town, yes, it is, anything is.))

DraPrime
2007-09-18, 04:38 PM
my wife Emerald Rose.

Just want to point out that this is why Emerald doesn't deserve to be Sabine. She's made a commitment. Sabine on the other hand has sex with pretty much anyone evil.

Ganurath
2007-09-18, 06:02 PM
Just want to point out that this is why Emerald doesn't deserve to be Sabine. She's made a commitment. Sabine on the other hand has sex with pretty much anyone evil.Not Thog, though. Thog don't want cooties from Sabine.

DraPrime
2007-09-18, 06:09 PM
Gan, you have no idea how many ideas you gave me to torture you.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-18, 06:12 PM
The votes so far:

Thog
18 - Ganurath
16 - Trog
11 - Xssar
5 - Atreyu
3 - Graklok

Nominations last until Friday.

ok, it funny that thog/hippie not on that list, but graklok should have more than two nominations (http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2929414/2/istockphoto_2929414_three_fingers.jpg)...

but thog/hippie digresses... thog/hippie have a reason you should nominate me for thog... look at these that thog/hippie just bought...

http://home.nc.rr.com/tuco/looney/acme/acmerocketp.jpg

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-19, 01:46 AM
Who has a succubus girlfriend?Zeb does.

:biggrin:

FoE
2007-09-19, 02:14 AM
"Say," says some random passerby, "didn't you used to have a different avatar?"

The beautiful woman at the bar with the short horns and red hair smiles and sips her drink. "Yes, up until a week ago. But I had some time off, and let's just say that I underwent a little change during my vacation."

"Yeah, weren't you a demon or something? The .... Face of Evil, wasn't it?"

"Still am." She sets her drink down.

"Yeah ... but you're a girl now. What kind of evil can you do as a girl?"

"This." And she locks the stranger in a deep kiss, wrapping her strong arms around him so he is unable to pull away. Not that he would want to.

But then, the colour of his skin turns pale. His hair whitens and falls out of his scalp, and the stranger's eyes roll over in his head. When she finally releases him, all that is left is a withered corpse.

So why has the Face of Evil undergone this drastic change? So you can nominate FoE for SABINE IN THE PLAYGROUND!!!!!

Here are four reasons to nominate the Face of Evil for :sabine::

1) They're both frickin' demons.
2) They're both pretty goddam evil.
3) Because it will totally freak out your parents.
4) There's a smooch for you if you don't. Or, potentially, a smooch for you if you do. :smallwink:

But why listen to the Face of Evil alone? Just hear the recommendations of these beloved NPCs in the Playground!!!

:xykon: I'm not one of those gross biophiliacs — quite frankly, you bloodbags disgust me, what with your pulsating organs and various liquids — but if I was still alive, and about twenty years younger, I would definitely take the Face of Evil and [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED]. Not that I'm into that sort of thing, mind you.

:thog: Thog hate icky girls, but Thog love Face of Evil! You should nomo ... noma ... pick Face-thingy for Sabine in Playground! OK, now Thog get ice cream sundae that Face-creature promised?

:mitd: What Face of Evil?

:miko: I may be a rotting corpse, but if I was still alive, I assure you that I would hunt down and destroy the abomination known as the Face of Evil! Never before have I seen such a vile creature walk the earth! Do NOT nominate this vile creature for Sabine in the Playground, or you will face the wrath of the Twelve Gods! Slash Slash Slash!

:sabine: The Face of Evil? Oh yeah, I remember good old Face! In fact we attended school together! Yeah, Face was the nerdy type who excelled at the World Domination studies, while I, of course, was on the cheerleading squad. Face never really got my attention until the authorities started investigating those ritual murders in my senior year. Half of my class was gone in two weeks! I guess the reason those heads kept popping up in my locker was because Face was looking to catch my eye.

Of course I accepted the first time Face asked me out. We were supposed to go to dinner, but Face looked so hot in that black leather outfit that we began to [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] right on the spot. And then we broke out the [CENSORED] and started to [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED]. Face didn't think it would work with a car battery, but sure enough [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] It took us all night to find a pair of sheep [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] with a leather whip and a [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] started using his [CENSORED] [CENSORED] splashed me all over with [CENSORED] [CENSORED][CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] and then I leaned back and said, "Mmmm, what a nice day for a tea party!"

Anyway, we did get to that restaurant, but they had already thrown out our reservation. Figures as much, it being two days later and all.

banjo1985
2007-09-19, 04:47 AM
The above shows why Face of Evil should be voted for Nale, c'mon how needlessly comlicated is that?!

smellie_hippie
2007-09-19, 07:02 AM
:thog: smellie_hippie fer thog in the playground. you don't need a reason... it's just funny. plus thog/hippie have ice cream if you vote thog/hippie and celine dion if you vote not thog/hippie.

Ganurath
2007-09-19, 07:37 AM
How smelly man get time to kill people for ice cream when all he ever do is study to become brainy man? Brainy man not make good Thog ITP. Gan not been to college for months, much better Thog ITP, has time to get ice cream with sprinkles.

Ganurath for Thog ITP.
Less reading. More ice cream.

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-19, 07:41 AM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/Frebedor/GitP%20Avatars/DLD/openingdldqt3.png
"I TAKE BRIBES!"

smellie_hippie
2007-09-19, 07:50 AM
"I TAKE BRIBES!"

here you go dragon lady.
http://www.chicagobites.com/images/stella2.jpg

vote hippie for thog in the playground.

2007-09-19, 09:25 AM
The above shows why Face of Evil should be voted for Nale, c'mon how needlessly comlicated is that?!

That is indeed needlessly complicated! We must nominate this work of art to the cusp of Nale-hood! While Surly gets into Sabine... Dammit, people! Nominate him! He's the lowest common denominator!

smellie_hippie
2007-09-19, 09:33 AM
While Surly gets into Sabine... Dammit, people! Nominate him! He's the lowest common denominator!

I do be nominatin' Surley fer tha humor of it... now put me on yer list as thog!

B-Man
2007-09-19, 09:47 AM
I would just like to voice my opinion and say:

Vote 'Larra for Sabine in the Playground!

Reasons? Does no-one remember what happened in Werewolf III? That perfectly flawless victory for the wolves? 'Larra was behind that! She disguised herself to the masons and convinced them that she wasn't a wolf, but in reality she was the Alpha! She also made that evil (but fun) twist when she narrated Werewolf IV. That 'un was with the two wolf packs duking it out.

So... still convinced that she's not 'evil'? Ah well... Nominate (and then later vote) 'Larra for Sabine in the Playground!

FoE
2007-09-19, 11:21 AM
Ye daft fools! Nominate the Face of Evil not for Nale, but for SABINE in the Playground! Or else I be sendin' ye to Davey Jones' Locker!!

(((Thanks to anyone who nominates me, all the same.)))

Xssar
2007-09-19, 11:33 AM
Xssar am wanting votes for Thog in playground. and ice-cream with lotsa sprinklies.

Xssar am know Xssar am not green, but Xssar have inner greenness... Xssar get in touch with inner greenness...

...what was Xssar taking about again?

Ganurath
2007-09-19, 11:37 AM
Wannabe Thog Man talking about getting in touch with outer greenness too. Oh, wait!

Vote Ganurath for Thog
Less Reading, More Ice Cream

Lord Herman
2007-09-19, 11:43 AM
Xssar, vote trading is not allowed.

Xssar
2007-09-19, 11:53 AM
:smallfrown:

Xssar am very sorry, Lord_Herman. Xssar am shut up now.

Lord Herman
2007-09-19, 12:00 PM
Well, alright, I won't throw you in the crocodile pit. This time.

Calamity
2007-09-19, 12:26 PM
Well, this is unusual, being nominated more than once for something I haven't said I'm running for. Well, keep nominatig me then! I don't mind! :smallsmile:

Obiviously, I know the reasons why.

FoE
2007-09-19, 12:36 PM
Yar! Calamity be demonic in nature, 'tis true, but look no further than the Face of Evil if ye be wanting unbridled lust and malice in a single curvy package!

To see the recommendations of some notable NPCs in the Playground, just click the spoiler below (if you haven't already read them):

:xykon: I'm not one of those gross biophiliacs — quite frankly, you bloodbags disgust me, what with your pulsating organs and various liquids — but if I was still alive, and about twenty years younger, I would definitely take the Face of Evil and [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED]. Not that I'm into that sort of thing, mind you.

:thog: Thog hate icky girls, but Thog love Face of Evil! You should nomo ... noma ... pick Face-thingy for Sabine in Playground! OK, now Thog get ice cream sundae that Face-creature promised?

:miko: I may be a rotting corpse, but if I was still alive, I assure you that I would hunt down and destroy the abomination known as the Face of Evil! Never before have I seen such a vile creature walk the earth! Do NOT nominate this vile creature for Sabine in the Playground, or you will face the wrath of the Twelve Gods! Slash Slash Slash!

:sabine: The Face of Evil? Oh yeah, I remember good old Face! In fact we attended school together! Yeah, Face was the nerdy type who excelled at the World Domination studies, while I, of course, was on the cheerleading squad. Face never really got my attention until the authorities started investigating those ritual murders in my senior year. Half of my class was gone in two weeks! I guess the reason those heads kept popping up in my locker was because Face was looking to catch my eye.

Of course I accepted the first time Face asked me out. We were supposed to go to dinner, but Face looked so hot in that black leather outfit that we began to [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] right on the spot. And then we broke out the [CENSORED] and started to [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED]. Face didn't think it would work with a car battery, but sure enough [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] It took us all night to find a pair of sheep [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] with a leather whip and a [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] started using his [CENSORED] [CENSORED] splashed me all over with [CENSORED] [CENSORED][CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] and then I leaned back and said, "Mmmm, what a nice day for a tea party!"

Anyway, we did get to that restaurant, but they had already thrown out our reservation. Figures as much, it being two days later and all.

Supagoof
2007-09-19, 02:47 PM
I'll just say this. All you people who have only one person in each category, quit being scared. If you think one person deserves the vote, fine - but be sure to include other people in that nomination as well.

Why you ask?

What better way to prove that a person is the "[Insert Name Here]" in the playground then by putting them up against other people!

If you think they are, great. Good job for nominating them. But if you really believe, and have the courage to stand behind your beliefs, then you really need to fill in those missing spaces. This is a competition. Show them they are worth it. Don't offend them by not saying they have no other contenders? Give them someone to fight against!

[this message brought to you by Supagoof for fair-play.inc]

And stop voting for me as Nale...honestly. I'm most ROY like in the playground (see the award in my sig.). Give Nale to someone deserving. Whose cunning, clever, deceitfull, and willing to go to no ends to make sure you get stabbed in the back.

I'd stab you in the chest. A true friend stabs you in the chest. Think about it...

And now that I've taken over the soapbox, a little reminder of who Graklok is. An orc like THOG, dumb like THOG, but not really like THOG at all.

*Graklok comes running through the thread screaming*
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGG GGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Shadow
2007-09-19, 02:55 PM
Give Nale to someone deserving. Whose cunning, clever, deceitfull, and willing to go to no ends to make sure you get stabbed in the back.Thank you for your support of Shadow for Nale-itp Goof.
Here's your dagger.
I mean button. Here's your button....

FoE
2007-09-19, 06:07 PM
From the Nomination Thread:

Only one nomination:

Sexy Sabine :sabine:
Face Of Evil

He's hot. And evil. He's got it.

You heard it, folks. Straight from the lips of the hottest rogue in the Playground. Now nominate me, or you get a Kiss of Death. :smallwink:

zeratul
2007-09-19, 06:43 PM
Vote zeratul for nale in the playground! It will reduse shotgun wounds to the face!

Ganurath
2007-09-19, 07:28 PM
Vote zeratul for nale in the playground! It will reduse shotgun wounds to the face!Kick in door violence Thog's job, not Nale's!

DraPrime
2007-09-19, 07:33 PM
Nale is too subtle for shotguns. Zeratul, you're awesome, but you're simply not Nale. Sorry :smallfrown:

wadledo
2007-09-19, 07:38 PM
Any clue's as to what the next ITP will be?

2007-09-19, 10:41 PM
4 words

As Mr. Seraph's Campaign Manager, I must of course try to up the ante against the competition. Now, it seems to me that my client's only real competition here (apart from some VERY SCARY LADIES who will likely tear me limb from limb for that) has but two advantages: Modship and the aforementioned red dress. Well, I can't give Surly modship, but....

It was a bit of a tight squeeze.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/AlmightyStriker/Sitb.gif
(Image courtesy of Flame Master Axel, some rights reserved)

NOMINATE SURLYSERAPH AS YOUR SABINE IN THE PLAYGROUND!
And reward him for his good work!

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-19, 11:04 PM
... It was a bit of a tight squeeze.

:smalleek:

wadledo
2007-09-19, 11:13 PM

I concur

this is what I get for something I'm not entirely sure of.

Draken
2007-09-19, 11:15 PM
Fullbladder. This is just so wrong. So DAMN WRONG I am actually ponderating the possibility of helping you in your quest to make SurlySeraph get nominated for Sabine.

IT'S FREAKING WRONG!!

The Extinguisher
2007-09-19, 11:54 PM
I do take pride in what I do.

FoE
2007-09-19, 11:54 PM
Fullbladder, Fullbladder, Fullbladder ... is this what your quest to corrupt SurlySeraph has wrought?

There's a line, Master of Goblins, and you have stepped over it. :smallannoyed:

It was one thing to nominate Surly for :miko: in the Playground. We could all agree that the similarities between the old Gray Guard and Miko were enough to make the connection. Hell, even I nominated him.

But now you've subjected us to that godawful image that no amount of brain acid will be able to wipe clean. All for the sake of poking fun at your arch-nemesis, which I think we all agree is a pretty broad target.

Why are we running this contest if not to pick the Playgrounders whose personality best fit the characters of the Linear Guild? Surly's personality is so far off of Sabine's that you might as well nominate him for Elan in the Playground.

End this madness. Throw your support behind some actual candidates. If nothing else, please, think of the children. Specifically, the children in the schoolbus I have rigged with explosives that I will detonate if my demands are not met. :smallamused:

Ganurath
2007-09-19, 11:56 PM
End this madness. Throw your support behind some actual candidates. If nothing else, please, think of the children. Specifically, the children in the schoolbus I have rigged with explosives that I will detonate if my demands are not met. :smallamused:Can Gan watch fireworks?

Draken
2007-09-20, 12:00 AM
I am still ponderating such a course of action.

Kids in a buss? Umm... I was running for Shojo in the playground before, should I help save them?

Nah. I was running under the cloak of guiding people under a fake alignment.

But, I am actually Lawful Evil, instead of Lawful Good, and not Chaotic Good instead of Lawful Good.

So give me this damn trigger, you don't place explosives in a bus filled with children! They can decide to mess up with them and you loose the hostages.

Children must be placed in a cell, ready to be thrown to famine beasts should your demands be unfulfilled.

Calamity
2007-09-20, 01:40 AM
Face of Evil, I find it funny that you re running for Sabine in the playground, but your campaign is needlessly complicated. Especially that spoiler box before. :smallwink: :smalltongue:

FoE
2007-09-20, 02:08 AM
I don't know, I think I'm displaying a lot of passion in my campaign to get elected for Sabine in the Playground, wouldn't you agree?

C'mon Fullbladder, let's not fight. Can't we kiss and make up? :smallamused:

@V: Since you didn't get Elan in the Playground, why not campaign for Nale? You seem sufficiently evil to me. Stick a goatee on that avatar and you're in.

banjo1985
2007-09-20, 06:43 AM
I got a vote for Nale in the Playground?!

I'm gonna have to go into the corner of a dark room and cry! :smallbiggrin:

2007-09-20, 09:10 AM
I love you too, FOE.

Now, you raise a valid point. Or it would be valid, since I started out that way, but it has evolved into an OVERWHELMING DESIRE to see Surly win. By any means necessary.

I must see this through. Ganurath too, since he volunteered to be assistant campaign manager.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-20, 11:30 AM
sorry, Graklok, but I've never seen Thog in lingerie. You, however have been seen sporting the lovely lady look in the past.

Supagoof
2007-09-20, 01:58 PM
sorry, Graklok, but I've never seen Thog in lingerie. You, however have been seen sporting the lovely lady look in the past.

True. I said he was not Thog like at all. :smallwink:

..however since you bring it up Mr. Fuzzy...Some of Ceika's finest work.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/comics/WukeiGuestComic08.gif

And this...warning this will forever warp your perception of Atreyu!
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/bondage.gif

Shadow
2007-09-20, 02:05 PM
That is BY FAR the best Llama EVER!!!!

I call dibs for Llama Llama Duck!
It will then be dubbed Shade-ism Masochism Llama!

Khaldan
2007-09-20, 05:37 PM
DAMN YOU SHADOW!

I was going to take that one >.>

Mr. Moon
2007-09-20, 08:38 PM
Let's see... who's the sexy half-drow with the blood coverd sword?

Oh, right. I am.

Who's the guy pretending to be female for the occasion?

Oh, right, FoE is.I think.

Vote Moon Called for Sabine
'Cause I'm that hawt.

Ganurath
2007-09-20, 08:42 PM
*snip**looks at Moon's avatar*

*looks at FOE's avatar*

Who Gan want win... short ugly guy mage with cooties, or loverly demon girl with kiss of death and no cooties? Hmm...

Mr. Moon
2007-09-20, 08:45 PM
I'm just holding onto this one untill I see if Bath makes my new one.

FoE
2007-09-20, 09:02 PM
Technically, I'm a demon and a shapeshifter, so gender identity is largely irrelevant. Besides, aren't you Crazy Otaku Girl in the Playground? :smallamused:

@V: Who said there was anything wrong with obsessing over video games? ME LOVE VIDEO GAMES!! :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2007-09-20, 09:11 PM
I have multiple identities.

Anyway, I can obsess over video games if I want to. They're like... interactive animes. ^_^

zeratul
2007-09-20, 09:18 PM
Nale is too subtle for shotguns. Zeratul, you're awesome, but you're simply not Nale. Sorry :smallfrown:

Heh actually I agree:smalltongue:
I just chose him for some reason.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-20, 09:56 PM
(Image courtesy of Flame Master Axel, some rights reserved)

NOMINATE SURLYSERAPH AS YOUR SABINE IN THE PLAYGROUND!
And reward him for his good work!

Fullbladder... normally I would make some sort of death threat, but I'm at a loss for words. It's the same kind of feeling I get when I click on "View more posts by this person" on D'anna Biers's profile, the feeling where there isn't enough sanity left for me to say that you're insane. Urk.

Shadow
2007-09-21, 01:13 AM
I thought it was about time for a recap.
Let's see....

guys that actually work?
Shadow does.

Who gets killed every game because everyone is afraid
of what will happen if he gets to live?
Shadow does.

Who shaves off his proverbial goatee to
infiltrate the ranks of the good guys?
Shadow does.

Shadow is!

Vote Shadow for Nale-iest in the Playground!

This message was sponsored by the Shadow for Nale-iest in the Playground organization. Any and all supporters of this group have the blessings of said organization to campaign for Shadow of their own accord. Consider this your expressed, written consent.

*snip*
2. I have this strange urge to do things overly complicated. Anyone read my comic? The plot certainly is certainly NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATEDYou want to talk about needlessly complicated?

All of you....

*really goes back to work*

Nale
Lord Magtok
The Chili God

There's an empty spot in each category available to anyone who wishes to bribe me.
I don't bribe.
I torture and humiliate and infuriate.
Put Shadow's name on there or I'll delete your account and username.

I know how.

He uses strategy and his CHA stat insteadYou're only helping my argument my friend!
You're describing me right there.

Give Nale to someone deserving. Whose cunning, clever, deceitfull, and willing to go to no ends to make sure you get stabbed in the back.Thank you for your support of Shadow for Nale-itp Goof.
Here's your dagger.
I mean button. Here's your button....
Vote Shadow for Nale in the Playground!

Ganurath
2007-09-21, 01:19 AM
Shadow try too hard. All Shadow need is busty demon wench and subliterate henchman. Oh, and puppy for Gan?

Castaras
2007-09-21, 12:42 PM
Okay, thanks to everyone who voted for me for Sabine.

Buuuut, you'd do better voting for Surlyseraph Alarra or Face of Evil. I'm not really Sabine like. I mean, I don't prance around in red leather, smooching everything that makes the slightest hint of being able to return the favour. I may be a neutral evil gal, but I ain't Sabine.

*bows and steps down from the podium*

I'd like to be removed from the running please Herman. Thanks.

Lord Herman
2007-09-21, 12:46 PM
Alright. That means Moon Called takes Castaras' place.

Supagoof
2007-09-21, 01:04 PM
Oooh, time for some fun. Bringing back from a hiatus, for your amusement, the one and only Graklok!

Otay. Tanks Supa purple guy. Graklok go say hi now.

HEWWO EVEYBODY!

Graklok tank short piwatey guy for running thread. Graklok not sure how Graklok got 'ere, but long as lagar is 'ere, Graklok 'appy to stay. Graklok pwove how Graklok wike Graklok second cousin twice remowed Thog by not 'aving to act zactly wike Thog to prove Graklok is Graklok?

*Scratches his head, wondering if what he just said even made any sense, then continues.*

So vote Thog for Graklok in the pwayground. Graklok say tanks! Oooh, nachos!

*The half orc half ogre sits down and begins to enjoy some nachos.*

((Seriously though, Graklok doesn't need an award. Give it to someone who acts like Thog all the time, not as a once created second account that appears only every once in awhile from the mind of Supagoof. :smallwink:

And Vote Shadow for Nale in the playground.))

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-21, 02:43 PM
Aww, I'm nominated. Dammit!
That means that I have to spend energy on some sort of propaganda siggy for myself, along with making long and senseless posts boasting about how much like some shmuck twin brother I am and making funny and insulting comments about my competitors.
And then get phenomenally thrashed in the votes.

Nah, I'd rather not go through that again.
Vote for me if you absolutely despise Shadow or Magtok too much to give them an award, but either way.

Edit: Hey, wait a minute!

Vote The Chilli God: Guy who makes your propaganda siggies!
19 satisfied sigggy-owners and counting!

Moff Chumley
2007-09-21, 06:20 PM
Why not allow the rest of the Linear Guild? Not that I have any chance of winning anything unless Nale hired Bland Guy Who Tries To Participate And Makes Short And Sensless Posts, but it would be interesting nonetheless.

Ganurath
2007-09-21, 09:56 PM
Vote Gan for Thog
Cuz Gan Give Ice Cream, Not Steal It

2007-09-22, 01:22 AM
Dammit. Seraph, try to act more alluring next time.

A day shall come when my campaigns will win a contest.

FoE
2007-09-22, 03:49 AM
Then why not lend your aid to the Face of Evil, Fullbladder? I could use a diabolical genius like yours on my side! Join me, and together we shall rule the Empire ... er, get me elected as Sabine in the Playground. What do you say?

Serpentine
2007-09-22, 04:00 AM
Geez, you enter one " - in the Playground" competition and you're on their list forever...

Wow. 16 nominations and I didn't even know. Go me o.O (also: Good number :smallbiggrin:)
Well, I guess I can see it... Reptilian features, female, some sort of shapechanging ability, an aptitude for acquiring the souls of hapless men... Yeah, I can see that :smallamused: :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-23, 02:01 AM
Keeping out of this one......

Lord Herman
2007-09-23, 02:05 AM
Oh blimey, I completely forgot to count the tie-breaker! I'll get to it right away.

Ganurath
2007-09-23, 02:06 AM
Fullbladder as Nale (too sneaky to vote for in open) gets FOE as Sabine and Thog as Ga- er, Gan as Thog for complete Linear Guild! Hurrah! Sprinkles return to SMBG!

Serpentine
2007-09-23, 03:48 AM
Hrm... To be more appropriate I should probably roll out my Sar'Pynestae (3/4 elf 1/4 succubus tiefling) avi...

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-23, 06:54 AM
Why, I, Eldritch Knight, should be Nale in the Playground.

I am cruel and cunning, quick to stab people in the back if it offers me a means of advancement. There are few I would trust with my life, and even still I would betray them if the price was right. I actually AM an evil twin, complete with Goatee. When it comes to honesty, it is a tool to be used, not a policy to follow. I am more than capable of hiding myself amongst the ranks of the 'Good' and 'Noble' members of the playground, biding my time for my ascension to power. If I am chosen Nale in the playground, everyone who voted for me will be spared their lives when I take over the playground. Those who campaign for me will be heavily rewarded.

Originally Posted by Supagoof

Give Nale to someone deserving. Whose cunning, clever, deceitfull, and willing to go to no ends to make sure you get stabbed in the back.

Oh, you mean like me? Let's recap, shall we? Who pulled off a win when the odds were stacked against him in Mafia II? Who attempted to earn the trust of everyone in WWIV just so that his minions could operate freely? Who uses half-truths to get people to follow his will, even when the full truth would be damning to him? Who always, ALWAYS tries to stab Alarra in the back, even though she's done nothing wrong to him, and he's only doing it out of amusement and a desire to eliminate a potential threat?

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-23, 09:45 AM
:haley: *cough*

Ok, guys, here it goes.

*takes microphone*

"My fellow playgrounders, male, female, or androgynous, lawful, neutral, or chaotic, good, neutral or evil, my fellow humans, elves, orcs, gnomes, halflings, dwarves, goblins, robots, animals, (etc) these are the elections for Linear Guild itp.

Here are the reasons I believe Face Of Evil should be voted for Sabine :sabine: itp.

He's evil, isn't he? I mean evil. He's FACE OF EVIL.

S/he's hot. Hotter than you, you or you. Hotter than me, many say.

S/he's got wings. And flies from thread to thread, causing us pain.

S/he's a s/he. Yep, S/he can change his/her gender willingy. And shape. And all.

S/he's a Sabine :sabine: fan. The biggest fan maybe.

He's not a giggling little girl, who put some wings on her avatar just because of the Sabine nomination. S/he's been like that since I met her/him. S/he's true.

S/he dropped his/her good chances to be Xykon:xykon: itp, because s/he wanted to focus for the Sabine :sabine: campaign. Just for that, we should vote him/her.

S/he will torture you all if you don't.

S/he's kidnapped me and taken me to a dark dungeon. HELP, someone! HEEELP! S/he says s/he won't let me unless s/he is voted. And s/he's kissing me! All the time! I mean Death kisses! Heeeeeeeeeelp!

Heeelp!"

*Drops microphone, struggling to escape from the evil female succubus*

Face Of Evil, much stronger than da Rogue, easily grabs her and takes her back to that dungeon.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-23, 10:05 AM
Let's see... who's the sexy half-drow with the blood coverd sword?

Oh, right. I am.

Who's the guy pretending to be female for the occasion?

Oh, right, FoE is.I think.
Honey, who told you Sabine's actually a female???:smallamused:

@V: That's all? Come on, guys, I'm getting bored.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-23, 10:06 AM
Here is the reason why you should not vote Face of Evil for Sabine:

She/He/It/Bob Saget is really named after the worst video game of all time! Link: The Faces of Evil! Here's the intro movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpLXo55yfw), to prove my point. It's really only good when you make fun of it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3r8GXC2msc)

So yeah, there's my two cents, and I totally did not say that just because MC is running... >.>

Also, let me just say that changing gender is not all that special...behold.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/elf.gif
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/elfgirl.gif
(both avatars by Mr_Saturn)

I do it all the time :smalltongue:

Shadow
2007-09-23, 10:12 AM
Why, I, Eldritch Knight, should be Nale in the Playground.

I am cruel and cunning, quick to stab people in the back if it offers me a means of advancement. There are few I would trust with my life, and even still I would betray them if the price was right. I actually AM an evil twin, complete with Goatee. When it comes to honesty, it is a tool to be used, not a policy to follow. I am more than capable of hiding myself amongst the ranks of the 'Good' and 'Noble' members of the playground, biding my time for my ascension to power. If I am chosen Nale in the playground, everyone who voted for me will be spared their lives when I take over the playground. Those who campaign for me will be heavily rewarded.Granted. The only thing that you have on me there is the twin and goatee. I consider that a small victory for you in comparison. I could have simply lied to you all and said that I have them both, but what would be the gain.
No.
I'll break your argument in a moment....

Oh, you mean like me? Let's recap, shall we? Who pulled off a win when the odds were stacked against him in Mafia II?You did.
But on how many occasions did you seek my advice on what to do in that case?
After you killed me out of fear, you came to me for assistance, did you not?
And I, content to see my team lose as long as a great deception worthy of that loss was enacted, agreed to help you.
Had you not followed my advice, you were sure to be found out.
I remember one distinct moment where I PMd you and told you to edit a particular post, or it would be your downfall.
I remember many occasions where you asked me what people would think about a certain course of action.
Do you forget that as soon as you killed me I PM'd you and told you that you were indeed the last mafioso?
I had figured it out, and wanted to be inn on the scheming, evil, dastardly deeds even after my death.

So I strategized with you.
I guided you.
I handed you the win.
I dare you to deny it.
Don't flaunt the win in this case my friend.
For that win would not have come about had it not been for me....

But you began this spot about Goof's quote, so I have another quote from Goof for you.
And Vote Shadow for Nale in the playground.))

Who attempted to earn the trust of everyone in WWIV just so that his minions could operate freely? Who uses half-truths to get people to follow his will, even when the full truth would be damning to him? Who always, ALWAYS tries to stab Alarra in the back, even though she's done nothing wrong to him, and he's only doing it out of amusement and a desire to eliminate a potential threat?I wasn't around that long ago, unfortunately. WW IV was before my time.

Unsing half truths is a fantastic way to get the intel that you need, I agree.
I could cite numerous occasions where I've done this, but I won't.
In fact, I've just done it the other day against **** in *********.
You have no idea what I've learned. But you will soon enough.

Always trying to stab the same particular person in the back is too predictable.
Mix it up a little and you may have gotten more than three nominations.

I'm not knocking your Naleness.

But you're not ready to be Nale just yet grasshopper.

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-23, 10:23 AM
Granted. The only thing that you have on me there is the twin and goatee. I consider that a small victory for you in comparison. I could have simply lied to you all ans said that I have thode, but what would be the gain.

You did.
But on how many occasions did you seek my advice on what to do in that case?
And I, content to see my team lose as long as a great deception worthy of that loss was enacted, agree to help you.
Had you not followed my advice, you were sure to be found out.
I remember one distinct moment where I PMd you and told you to edit a particular post, or it would be your downfall.
I remember many occasions where you asked me what people would think about a certain course of action.
Do you forget that as soon as you killed me I PM'd you and told you that you were indeed the last mafioso?
I had figured it out, and wanted to be inn on the scheming, evil, dastardly deeds even after my death.

So I strategized with you.
I guided you.
I handed you the win.
I dare you to deny it.
Don't flaunt the win in this case my friend.
For that win would not have come about had it not been for me....

Precisely my point. I used your knowledge to win. I used every bit of knowledge you had given me to my advantage. And I thank for that, as you proved a very useful asset to me. You forget a key aspect of Nale's character - he is not above using other peoples talents and abilities to reach his goals. Why else would he team up with the rest of the Linear Guild? Is it because he needs them? No, it is because they are a useful tool to him in his plots (and Sabine is pretty hot, but I digress). You will also note that Nale has never betrayed any member of the Linear Guild. You admit here:

And I, content to see my team lose as long as a great deception worthy of that loss was enacted, agree to help you.

This strikes me as a Chaotic pattern of thinking, not the Lawful that Nale so cleary embodies. You willingly sacrificed the people you were working with simply to satisfy your own desire to see treachery and betrayal. You sold them out to me, something Nale would never do for the members of the Linear Guild. They may not be fully classed as 'friends' to him, but they are far more than mere assets.

No, my dear Shadow, it is you who is not worthy to be Nale. I salute the Nale-ish aspects you do possess, but sadly, you are far more Chaotic than Lawful.

BTW Shadow: I do stab more than just Alarra in the back, sometimes I stab them in the front too. But just remember, you will pay for your crimes against me, in a surprising, and overly grandious fashion!

FoE
2007-09-23, 10:31 AM
S/he's kidnapped me and taken me to a dark dungeon. HELP, someone! HEEELP! S/he says s/he won't let me unless s/he is voted. And s/he's kissing me! All the time! I mean Death kisses! Heeeeeeeeeelp!
[/LIST][/I]

Listen to da Rogue: she's not kidding! I really DO have a dungeon! I mean, what kind of Sabine fan would be without one? :smallwink:

Ooops, it's been 22 seconds. I better get back to torturing da Rogue.

Shadow
2007-09-23, 10:35 AM
Precisely my point. I used your knowledge to win. I used every bit of knowledge you had given me to my advantage. And I thank for that, as you proved a very useful asset to me. You forget a key aspect of Nale's character - he is not above using other peoples talents and abilities to reach his goals. I agree. And I have/would have done the same. In fact, I expected you to. That's the entire reason that I offered in the first place.

This strikes me as a Chaotic pattern of thinking, not the Lawful that Nale so cleary embodies. I may grant you that it was a bit more neutral than lawful. But not chaotic. One's simple alignment for an on-line persona doesn't encompass his entire character however.

No, my dear Shadow, it is you who is not worthy to be Nale. I salute the Nale-ish aspects you do possess, but sadly, you are far more Chaotic than Lawful.
I've already answered this.
We shall see who the masses think is the better representaion of Nale.

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-23, 10:45 AM
Indeed we shall.

Well?

Do we want Shadow, the self-confessed backstabbing conniving manipulator who will have other people do the work for him so that he can take all the credit for Nale in the Playground?

Or do we want me, Eldritch Knight, the one who works in secret crafting grandious schemes to win the day, who will tell you to your face he is no threat to you, only to find his dagger thrust into you the moment your back is turned?

Or perhaps we should look towards another, superior to both. Ladies and Gentlebeings, may I suggest that we bestow this honour on one who is truly worthy? I suggest we bestow the honour of being Nale in the playground on Korith.

(But if you want to vote for me, I will act honestly and above board towards you for the next WW game we are both in. This means, no backroom deals, I will state my cases clearly and concisly, and I will not conspire against anyone.)

Shadow
2007-09-23, 10:49 AM
Let us hear everyone's answer to your question on the morrow.

[edit]
Have you all clicked to feed my wyvern kitten today?

smellie_hippie
2007-09-23, 07:57 PM
*walks into thread*

vote for me

*walks out of thread*

Supagoof
2007-09-24, 09:57 AM
Graklok see Smellie Hippie pop in. Sniffing the air he smells his own armpits first, then sniff's closer to Smellie Hippie.

Hey flower guy. You smell worse then Graklok smell. Graklok never smell someone smell bad like Graklok smells. How flower guy do dat?

Speakin of do dat, dat talky guy der, hadow? He sure talks a lot. Graklok spect that Nale talk too much for Nale own good, so spect talky guy too much like Nale for talky guy's own good. Graklok think that talky guy may have nother ww game ceptively wapped up. Graklok seen knight guy in ww games too. Graklok think knight guy is siwent but deadly. Speakin of siwent but deadly.

*pwfft* A foul odor creeps through thread.
Aaaahh. Dat put Graklok at ease.

Otay, Gan funny! Graklok never seen guy like Gan who talk bout Ice Cweam so much. Graklok wonder if Gan talk to Thog, as Thog like ice cweam, and Gan give way ice cweam. Seem like Gan get awong gweat with Thog. Graklok know Thog kill if Thog don't have ice cweam. Graklok wonder if Gan kill when Gan have no ice cweam to give? Graklok go vote for Gan to see if Gan go on wage indeuced wampage when Gan have no ice cweam for winning. Dat make Graklok laughs heartily.

Ganurath
2007-09-24, 11:45 AM
Gan thank Graklok for support. Gan think he see chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in Graklok future, but not sure because Gan's ability score for casting too low for divination. Not that that matter, cuz Gan not have spellcasting classes.

Gan go now, IRL puppy hungry. Be back soon with short catchy slogan... Aw, Gan do now!

Vote Gan for Thog
*too busy having ice cream for breakfast to type slogan*

FoE
2007-09-24, 01:07 PM
OK, judging by the polling thread, I’ve got a snowball’s chance in hell of winning Sabine in the Playground. Still, there’s no use in not trying.

I’m going to make two posts here, the first being an honest, empassioned plea, the second a little goofier. First the serious one.

I know that I’m not as popular as Alarra. I don’t have a Town character, I’m not married to El Jaspero and I'm not as sweet and nice as she is. The whole “epitome of evil” thing doesn’t really endear me to a lot of people because every other Playgrounder is a diabolical supervillain. If I thought this was solely a popularity contest, I wouldn’t even be in the running against Alarra.

That said, I think I’m the more deserving because I actually LIKE Sabine. The Linear Guild are my favourite villains in OOTS; I love the whole “anti-party” dynamic. Nale is great. Thog is hilarious. But Sabine … she’s just pure awesomeness. Lusty, vengeful, passionate awesomeness. (My favourite fight scene in OOTS so far remains the battle between Roy and Sabine. Fantastic!)

:sabine: Mmmm .... Your life energy has a deep woodsy flavour, with just a hint of sage and no bitter aftertaste.

Four stars! I'll have to recommend dining on you to all my fiendish friends!

I admit, it’s partly a weakness I have for demons in general, and especially succubi. When I used to DM, the evil seductress was usually a recurring villain for me; the adventurers would be out to take down some evil lord and manage to depose him from the throne, only to then discover, whoops, he wasn’t really the villain; that would be the beautiful mistress who’s now busy seducing his good-aligned successor.

But having said that, I wouldn’t have run for Sabine in the Playground if I didn’t think I was faithful to the character. I admit, I initially thought of running for Xykon because he’s the BBEG. But I don’t really like Xykon: I’m kind of looking forward to his downfall.

In truth, I think Sabine is going to turn out to be the REAL threat in the Linear Guild. Just when Nale is about to proclaim victory over the Order of the Stick and execute his needlessly-complicated plan for world domination, BAM! Sabine turns traitor and tries to pull out a win for the Abyss.

So, vote for me. I’m an evil shapeshifting outsider with a penchant for torturing rogues and sucking the life energy out of Playgrounders. What more could you want?

But if you STILL don’t think I’m worthy, then just listen to the recommendations of these beloved OOTS characters!!! (See below)

FoE
2007-09-24, 01:11 PM
Previous OOTS recommendations are here (Thog’s has been slightly changed.)

:thog: Thog bull rush tackle hug Face of Evil!

And here’s some new ones!

:haley: I knew you were evil the whole time, FoE! Eat obscure alchemical metal, fiend-skank!

(readies arrows)

Wait, you’ll pay me what to endorse you?

(thinks a moment)

Vote the Face of Evil for Slutty Whore …. er, Sabine in the Playground! She’s the skankiest! I have not been secretly paid thousands of gold pieces to endorse this candidate.

:elan: Vote, Vote, Vote, Vote for the Face of Evil!

:vaarsuvius: Although I have little interest in this contest to determine which Playgrounder is the best candidate for those villains known as the Linear Guild, I shall add my support to the Face of Evil for Sabine in the Playground in the interest of providing Ms. Starshine with the considerable sum of gold pieces that she has been promised to voice her endorsement.

So vote the Face of Evil for Sabine in the Playground, pitiful Playgrounders, or else I shall unleash magics so powerful that your flesh will be seared from your bones and reduce your bones to piles of minute particles of soot! Your brains will explode from the sheer overwhelming awesomeness of their fury! Your souls will be sent screaming into the endless void, crying out for sanctuary from my astounding abilities! For generations, children will weep when they hear stories of the astonishing and terrifying powers I have at my disposal! There will go out a cry across the land as the people cower beneath their beds and howl, “Why? Why has Vaarsuvius invoked this terrible devastation upon us?” My magical might has no equal! I am capable of re-arranging the particles of the universe at my whim and re-arranging the fabric of time and space. The sorceries I wield would be wasted on such pitiful creatures as you Playgrounders, and yet you shall be swept asunder by the unimaginable havoc I am capable of unleashing on an unsuspecting world! The forces of the very cosmos are mine to command! I am …

Wait, why are all you asleep?

:belkar: (Checks out Face of Evil)

….Oh yeah. I’d hit that.

:durkon: Ye daft too-talls! The will of Thor commands ye to vote the Face of Evil for Sabine in the Playground!

:roy: Nope. Sorry. Not doing it. I am not reading that placard. There’s no way in hell you can make me.

No, I don’t care if the studio door is locked. You can keep me here for days, I’m not reading that endorsement.

No, I don’t care if you’ll use your Energy Drain attack on me.

No, I especially don’t care if you have Elan bound and gagged in the sound booth are threatening to suck out his life-energy. (Actually, I might pay you if you can do something about his vocal chords.)

…. What? An entire schoolbus rigged to explode? HOW many children? …. You monster.

Grrr, FINE! “Roy vote Face of Evil for Sabine-lady. She good. Fighters love Face of Evil best!”

Ugh. I’m going to need a shower now.

FoE
2007-09-24, 01:45 PM
:haley: *cough*

Ok, guys, here it goes.

*takes microphone*

"My fellow playgrounders, male, female, or androgynous, lawful, neutral, or chaotic, good, neutral or evil, my fellow humans, elves, orcs, gnomes, halflings, dwarves, goblins, robots, animals, (etc) these are the elections for Linear Guild itp.

Here are the reasons I believe Face Of Evil should be voted for Sabine :sabine: itp.

He's evil, isn't he? I mean evil. He's the FACE OF EVIL.

S/he's hot. Hotter than you, you or you. Hotter than me, many say.

S/he's got wings. And flies from thread to thread, causing us pain.

S/he's a s/he. Yep, S/he can change his/her gender willingy. And shape.

S/he's a Sabine :sabine: fan. The biggest fan maybe.

He's not a giggling little girl, who put some wings on her avatar just because of the Sabine nomination. S/he's been like that since I met her/him. S/he's true.

S/he dropped his/her good chances to be Xykon:xykon: itp, because s/he wanted to focus for the Sabine :sabine: campaign. Just for that, we should vote him/her.

S/he will torture you all if you don't.

Heeelp!"

*Drops microphone, struggling to escape from the evil female succubus*

Face Of Evil, much stronger than da Rogue, easily grabs her and takes her back to that dungeon.

Because what kind of Sabine candidate would I be without my own dungeon? :smallbiggrin:

I appreciate the kind words, although I doubt very much I'm sexier than I'm da Rogue. :smallwink:

Ganurath
2007-09-24, 01:46 PM
...Not even Nale that talky.

FoE
2007-09-24, 03:07 PM
...Not even Nale that talky.

Maybe I should have run for Vaarsuvius instead! :smallbiggrin:

Ganurath
2007-09-24, 03:11 PM
FOE have right gender.

Alarra
2007-09-24, 04:21 PM
I know that I’m not as popular as Alarra. I don’t have a Town character, I’m not married to Trog and I'm not as sweet and nice as she is...
I'm married to Trog? :smalleek: *thinks perhaps I must have drank a bit more than I thought last weekend*

In all serious though, while I don't really want to turn this into a huge debate over who deserves this award more, I would just like to say, that while I am popular and many people do consider me 'sweet and nice'. There are a great many people here that could attest to the fact that underneath the sweet exterior, there is a manipulative, conniving, evil demon. And while I don't want to go into many details....evil seductress is a pretty apt description of me. Ask any of my 'crushes'...

That said, I think I’m the more deserving because I actually LIKE Sabine. The Linear Guild are my favourite villains in OOTS; I love the whole “anti-party” dynamic. Nale is great. Thog is hilarious. But Sabine … she’s just pure awesomeness. Lusty, vengeful, passionate awesomeness.

QFT. The reason I scoffed at my Haley nomination was because I wanted this one. Sabine is the most fantastic character in the strip and I completely adore her. Hell, in the showdown games, I cajoled Silkenfist into assigning me Sabine before registration was even closed, just to ensure that I would get her....twice.

FoE
2007-09-24, 04:29 PM
Sorry, I meant El Jaspero. I don't go into Town very much so it's hard to keep the details straight; I keep associating you with Trog because of that damn talk show. My post has been edited.

Sorry, Alarra, I don't buy the whole "evil seductress" thing. And if it were true, you're not going to out-evil me. I'm the freaking FACE OF EVIL!!!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-24, 04:40 PM
(How much more evil can you get than someone in Med school for Art Therapy? Think of the opportunities...)

Ganurath
2007-09-24, 04:42 PM
(How much more evil can you get than someone in Med school for Art Therapy? Think of the opportunities...)Sabine Fanart treats... a certain disfunction?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-24, 04:53 PM
".........."

(I think I'm going to stop helping Alarra now.)

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-24, 05:09 PM
Now, I will point out this fact: Who would be the better Nale to counterpoint Alarra's Sabine? Shadow, or myself?

Both of us have worked with Alarra before, and we've both stabbed her in the back in one way or another. Shadow is also far more subtle in his dealings, a quality Nale does use, but he also tends to pretty straightforward in his plots, whereas Nale goes for the overly complex. I tend towards the complex and grandious schemes. Therefore, Shadow and I are both equally likely candidates for Nale in the playground, but I do think he's better suited to it then I am. I would think that I would be better suited towards another member of the Linear Guild instead of Nale. I am much more like Pompey than Nale. So, I suggest I be chosen as Pompey in the playground, not Nale.

Ganurath
2007-09-24, 05:17 PM
*snip*Okay, Not-Nale!

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-24, 05:25 PM
Tonight on Rainy Knight News, we'll be covering the intense election for the Linear Guild in the Playground. We hope you enjoy our completely unbiased review of the election. :smallwink:

Nale: Vote Lord Magtok! He's the most evil genius that I know of. I have a dream of a day when our children can walk in fear of evil machinations each and every day. Magtok can make this dream come true. Never mind. Shadow, I meant Shadow. Yeah.

Sabine: Vote Face of Evil! S/he has definitely put forth a lot of effort into being :sabine: ITP. As far as I know, s/he is the only candidate to have references from all of your favorite OOTSers. Also, s/he even has a campaign hostage! Who else can claim that?

Thog: Vote Ganurath! He is undoubtedly the Thoggiest in the Playground. He speaks in bold, just as our favorite half-orc does. He has a love of hitting people with big things, just like our favorite half-orc. He is of orcish descent himself. He offers free ice cream (with sprinkles!), for crying out loud! Even Thog agrees: Vote Ganurath for ThogITP.

:thog: ganurath remind thog of thog!

Thank you, and from everyone at Rainy Knight News, stay safe.

Shadow
2007-09-24, 05:57 PM
Now, I will point out this fact: Who would be the better Nale to counterpoint Alarra's Sabine? Shadow, or myself?

Both of us have worked with Alarra before, and we've both stabbed her in the back in one way or another. Shadow is also far more subtle in his dealings, a quality Nale does use, but he also tends to pretty straightforward in his plots, whereas Nale goes for the overly complex. I tend towards the complex and grandious schemes. Therefore, Shadow and I are both equally likely candidates for Nale in the playground, but I do think he's better suited to it then I am. I would think that I would be better suited towards another member of the Linear Guild instead of Nale. I am much more like Pompey than Nale. So, I suggest I be chosen as Pompey in the playground, not Nale.
And there you have it sports fans!
Straight from the horse's mouth.

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-24, 06:28 PM
And there you have it sports fans!
Straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm not a horse.

FoE
2007-09-24, 06:29 PM
I'm not a horse.

I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-24, 06:34 PM
"Get your hand's off me, You DAMN DIRTY APES!"

FoE
2007-09-24, 06:37 PM
You DIRTY RAT, you killed my brother!!!

wadledo
2007-09-24, 06:43 PM
*I will aid one with
haiku for a short time, they
greatly annoy Gan.*

Mr. Moon
2007-09-24, 07:58 PM
Okay people, let's think a little. Alarra? Serriously? The cute little pudding-goddess everyone loves? Sabine-like?

I know she's a mod, but you don't have to worship her! :smallsigh: (:smalltongue:)

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-24, 08:00 PM
All Hail The Great Moddess! All Hail!

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-24, 08:06 PM
Okay people, let's think a little. Alara? Serriously? The cute little pudding-goddess everyone loves? Sabine-like?

I know she's a mod, but you don't have to worship her! :smallsigh: (:smalltongue:)That's Alarra. With two R's. You'd be wise to remember that. :smallwink:

And I don't believe there was ever any claim that the Pudding Goddess was benevolent. I direct you to the demise of the Pie Goddess during the last SMBG H/H as evidence.

Mr. Moon
2007-09-24, 08:10 PM
Me? Spell something wrong? Whatever are you talking about?

Lord Magtok
2007-09-24, 09:33 PM
It is time...for a change.

I say to you today, my friends, that even though my vote count may be low, I still have a dream.

That one day I will rise up and cast aside the Shadow's superior campaigning.

I have a dream that one day we will no longer be judged by how flashy our speeches and propaganda are.

I have a dream where Shadow will be killed in the first round of the next WW game.

I have a dream that one day, I will be looked at and labeled simply, as 'Nale.'

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-24, 09:47 PM
Anyone who would vote for me as Nale, please support Magtok.

Vote me for Pompey in the Playground instead!

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-24, 09:51 PM
It is time...for a change.
I say to you today, my friends, that even though my vote count may be low, I still have a dream.
That one day I will rise up and cast aside the Shadow's superior campaigning.
I have a dream that one day we will no longer be judged by how flashy our speeches and propaganda are.
I have a dream where Shadow will be killed in the first round of the next WW game.
I have a dream that one day, I will be looked at and labeled simply, as 'Nale.'
Points for the uncanny resemblance to Richard's speech. (http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/62)
However reluctantly they are given for apparent ripping-off.

Lord Herman
2007-09-25, 01:42 PM
The votes so far:

Nale in the Playground
18 - Shadow
3 - Lord Magtok
3 - Eldritch Knight
1 - The Chilli God
1 - Jontom Xire

Sabine in the Playground
15 - Alarra
5 - Face of Evil
3 - CurlyKitGirl
3 - Moon Called
0 - Serpentine

Thog in the Playground
20 - Ganurath
3 - Trog
1 - Supagoof
0 - Xssar
0 - Smellie Hippie

Lord Magtok
2007-09-25, 05:29 PM
Points for the uncanny resemblance to Richard's speech.
However reluctantly they are given for apparent ripping-off.

Did you think I was going to go through the trouble of coming up with something original when I could just shamelessly steal from stuff? :smalltongue:

Vote Magtok for Nale itp. Or I'll blackmail you like I did the others.

Supagoof
2007-09-25, 07:49 PM
Bad move Magtok, bad move. I'll go change my vote for now.....but watch yourself. The Legion don't take kindly to those who don't take...us......kindly. Um, yeah.

But I will find a way to stop your evil scheme.

((Received threat below in a PM from Magtok - easily Nale-like in nature. It's original, Eeeevil, targets a friend, and needs to be shared. ))
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/assassins/archive/special/noxiano/llama.jpg

Ganurath
2007-09-26, 01:00 AM
Gan not change vote, Gan can't be blackmailed. Gan having nothing to hide.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-26, 01:58 AM
Did... Did Magtok just call me a stinkyhead? Twice?
:smallannoyed:
You have one chance, Magtok, just one chance to apologize. And even if you choose not to apologize, you had better choose your words wisely.

Ganurath
2007-09-26, 10:52 AM
Not-Nale nailed by Nale not-chance two. Why Not-Not-Nale nail not-Nale-not chance two?

Shadow
2007-09-26, 11:02 AM
Thank you Gan.
We are all dumber for having read that.
:eek:

Ganurath
2007-09-26, 11:03 AM
Gan glad to be closer to community.

Shadow
2007-09-26, 11:04 AM
And this is why you have practically all the votes.
:wink:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-26, 11:16 AM
Magtok, you wretched little SHOCK! I still think Jontom is truly Nale-like, but now its between Magtok and Shadow.

Shadow
2007-09-26, 11:26 AM
Really Llama?
Is there even a choice here?

Have you ever even *entered* AMEN?
Very little that I've ever seen there actually involves plotting anything.

Unless they're trying to decide what to watch for movie night, that is....

Ganurath
2007-09-26, 11:29 AM
Gan not like AMEN. Only thing Gan knows of AMEN is one of them slandering Gan for no reason.

Lord Magtok
2007-09-26, 06:57 PM
Have you ever even *entered* AMEN?

He has, as a matter of fact. I think he stole some food from the fridge last time...

Very little that I've ever seen there actually involves plotting anything.

You think we do our plotting where everyone can see it? What kind of bad guys would we be if we didn't save the unveiling of our plan for a more dramatic moment?

You have one chance, Magtok, just one chance to apologize. And even if you choose not to apologize, you had better choose your words wisely.

Fine. Your head is not stinky if you vote for me.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-26, 07:13 PM
Fine. Your head is not stinky without condition!...Dammit. And I had already started forging blackmail material about you.

Oh well. Now at least I don't have a time frame to complete it, so I can use the material at a later date.
Or maybe replace you with someone else that ticks me off.

2007-09-26, 09:18 PM
I will personally work to see that the name of Gan is never brought down by the plots of AMEN, who I seem to have crawled back to like a yellow-bellied worm. If the articulation in my knees allowed me to crawl.

Remember, Folks! That's Gan for Thog, Magtok for Nale, and Face of Evil as your Sabine in the playground! But next time SurlySeraph! That's all, folks!

*ducks behind a couch*

I am not a crook's internet persona!

Supagoof
2007-09-27, 01:29 AM
Legionary of Protection to the rescue!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/supagoof/llama.jpg

Stopping evil doers and nay sayers in their tracks.

Changing my vote back. :smalltongue:

FoE
2007-09-27, 01:36 AM
:sigh: I'm pretty well on my last legs here, but here goes.

I could make threats or promise a kiss for every voter ("This time, when I manhandle you, it'll feel a lot better"), but since my words are falling on deaf ears, I might as well let some other folks speak for me.

Even though she's campaigning against me, Moon_Called (who now has my vote) made a pretty valid point here:

Okay people, let's think a little. Alarra? Seriously? The cute little pudding-goddess everyone loves? Sabine-like?

Your pick for Redcloak in the Playground, the Master of Goblins, had this to say:

Remember, Folks! That's Gan for Thog, Magtok for Nale, and Face of Evil as your Sabine in the playground! But next time SurlySeraph!

Trust me, Decepticons know evil when they see it.

Good old Rainy Knight, He Whose Justice Comes Swiftly Under Cover of Evening Showers, had this to say:

Sabine: Vote Face of Evil! S/he has definitely put forth a lot of effort into being :sabine: ITP. As far as I know, s/he is the only candidate to have references from all of your favorite OOTSers. Also, s/he even has a campaign hostage! Who else can claim that?

And that's one of the good guys. In thanks, his death shall be quick and as painless as possible.

Not all of I'm da Rogue's reasons need to be recounted here, but here's the best one:

He's kidnapped me and taken me to a dark dungeon. HELP, someone! HEEELP! S/he says s/he won't let me unless s/he is voted. And s/he's kissing me! All the time! I mean Death kisses! Heeeeeeeeeelp![/B]

She and I were playing a delightful game just before dinner today. It involved a long whip and the phrase "Is it safe?" Shall I enlighten you as to the rules? (Here's a hint: it never is.) :smallamused:

And Ganurath, your freakin' pick for Thog in the Playground, has had my back from the beginning. Just check out one of his earlier posts:

Can Gan watch fireworks?

.... OK, that maybe wasn't so helpful.

Well, that's all the recommendations from Playgrounders that I can post. And in keeping with letting other people speak for me, Redcloak and Nale have finally joined the hot OOTS-endorsement action, as you can see in the below thread...

FoE
2007-09-27, 02:23 AM
As stated above, the endorsements of Nale and Redcloak have been added. Otherwise, if you've read these before, there's not much new.

Here's Team Xykon, plus Miko:

:redcloak: Well, a fiend is a better candidate for Sabine than some disgusting human. Here is what I'm offering: vote for the Face of Evil or get a banana cream pie in the face. (I've secretly infested the pie with acid-spitting beetles.)

:xykon: I'm not one of those gross biophiliacs — quite frankly, you bloodbags disgust me, what with your pulsating organs and various liquids — but if I was still alive, and about twenty years younger, I would definitely take the Face of Evil, bend her right over the table and [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED]. Not that I'm into that sort of thing, mind you.

:mitd: Face of Evil? What Face of Evil?

Here's the recommendations of the Order of the Stick:

:haley: I knew you were evil the whole time, FoE! Eat obscure alchemical metal, fiend-skank!

(readies arrows)

Wait, you’ll pay me what to endorse you?

(thinks a moment)

Vote the Face of Evil for Slutty Whore …. er, Sabine in the Playground! She’s the skankiest! I have not been secretly paid thousands of gold pieces to support this candidate.

:elan: Vote, Vote, Vote, Vote for the Face of Evil!

:vaarsuvius: Although I have little interest in this contest to determine which Playgrounder is the best candidate for those villains known as the Linear Guild, I shall add my support to the Face of Evil for Sabine in the Playground in the interest of providing Ms. Starshine with the considerable sum of gold pieces that she has been promised to voice her endorsement.

So vote the Face of Evil for Sabine in the Playground, pitiful Playgrounders, or else I shall unleash magics so powerful that your flesh will be seared from your bones and reduce your bones to piles of minute particles of soot! Your brains will explode from the sheer overwhelming awesomeness of their fury! Your souls will be sent screaming into the endless void, crying out for sanctuary from my astounding abilities! For generations, children will weep when they hear stories of the astonishing and terrifying powers I have at my disposal! There will go out a cry across the land as the people cower beneath their beds and howl, “Why? Why has Vaarsuvius invoked this terrible devastation upon us?” My magical might has no equal! I am capable of re-arranging the particles of the universe at my whim and re-arranging the fabric of time and space. The sorceries I wield would be wasted on such pitiful creatures as you Playgrounders, and yet you shall be swept asunder by the unimaginable havoc I am capable of unleashing on an unsuspecting world! The forces of the very cosmos are mine to command! I am …

Wait, why are all you asleep?

:belkar: (Checks out Face of Evil)

…. Oh yeah. I’d hit that.

:durkon: Ye daft too-talls! The will of Thor commands ye to vote the Face of Evil for Sabine in the Playground!

:roy: Nope. Sorry. Not doing it. I am not reading that placard. There’s no way in hell you can make me.

No, I don’t care if the studio door is locked. You can keep me here for days, I’m not reading that endorsement.

No, I don’t care if you’ll use your Energy Drain attack on me.

No, I especially don’t care if you have Elan bound and gagged in the sound booth are threatening to suck out his life-energy. (Actually, I might pay you if you can do something about his vocal chords.)

…. What? An entire schoolbus rigged to explode? HOW many children? …. You monster.

Grrr, FINE! “Roy vote Face of Evil for Sabine-lady. She good. Fighters love Face of Evil best!”

Ugh. I’m going to need a shower now.

And finally, here's the entire Linear Guild:

:nale: Vote the Face of Evil for Sabine in the Playground, fools, or I shall devote all my cunning to devise an elaborate plan for revenge that showcases my masterful tactical abilities! BWA HA HA!

(sigh) And yes, the plan shall involve rocket skates.

:thog: Face of Evil promise to get Thog puppy!!! Yay!! Thog bull rush tackle hug Face of Evil!

Of course I accepted the first time Face asked me out. We were supposed to go to dinner, but Face looked so hot in that black leather outfit that we began to [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] right on the spot. And then we broke out the [CENSORED] and started to [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED]. Face didn't think it would work with a car battery, but sure enough [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] It took us all night to find a pair of sheep [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] with a leather whip and a [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] started using his [CENSORED] [CENSORED] splashed me all over with [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] and then I leaned back and said, "Mmmm, what a nice day for a tea party!"

Now, which candidate can claim they have the endorsements of all the OOTS characters (besides the demon roaches) who happen to have smilies? Which candidate can claim they spent all week giving kisses and draining levels on the Kiss or Kill thread? Which candidate can claim they'll suck the life-energy out of your veins until there's nothing left but an empty husk and make trophies of your skulls? And then really, really mean it? The Face of Evil, that's who!

Zar Peter
2007-09-27, 04:40 AM
I would like to vote for FoE for the best campaigne ever in a "in the Playground" competition!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-27, 05:18 AM
I would like to vote for FoE for the best campaigne ever in a "in the Playground" competition!

Hahah, me too:smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-27, 05:35 AM
I would like to vote for FoE for the best campaigne ever in a "in the Playground" competition!Two problems here. One, it's not a campaign, it's propaganda. He's telling out and out lies. They're just not-so-clever misquotes of someone else's material a la Conan O'brien. Two, he's only just done it for this campaign. Before this started he was nothing like Sabine at all.

People who have played games with Alarra know the extent of her evil. Ask those who've been on her bad side in WW games. Look at what happened to Castaras in SMBG H/H III. Those of you who've seen her nicer side, she's a seductress. She doesn't care about you. She just wanted something from you.

Zar Peter
2007-09-27, 05:46 AM
I know, I was on her list in the first Cloak and Dagger! That's why she get my vote.
But Face of Evil really is campaigning (or making propaganda or what else), he is really putting some effort into this, he changed his avatar and his quotes are really funny. That's why I voted him for "Best campaigne".
If he get's a price for his effort must be decided by Lord_Herman.
Maybe we could name this price "The FoE Award".

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-27, 05:51 AM
Two problems here. One, it's not a campaign, it's propaganda. He's telling out and out lies.
How can you say he's telling lies? Then we're all telling lies in the playground, because he's not doing something different than the rest of us.

Two, he's only just done it for this campaign.
So? It's still a campaign, isn't it? What should we do? Get nominated for every competition? Competitions are more about which playgrounder reminds you of "that oots character" more than the others. At least that's how I see it.

Before this started he was nothing like Sabine at all.
You're wrong. He was very Sabine-like. At least here, SMBG, where I see him the most. After all, you're not one of those he tortured, or kept as prisoners.

People who have played games with Alarra know the extent of her evil. Ask those who've been on her bad side in WW games. Look at what happened to Castaras in SMBG H/H III. Those of you who've seen her nicer side, she's a seductress. She doesn't care about you. She just wanted something from you.
I can't have an opinion about Alarra, since we're not in the same games.
Maybe she is all what you say, maybe she's even more.

But that's not a reason for telling all these lies about Face of Evil.:smallannoyed:

If you are an Alarra supporter, tell us the reasons you think she's worth it (she deserves more than those few lines), and stop trying to make other candidates look unworthy.

And Alarra still wins without all this black propaganda of yours. So, why are you doing it?

FoE
2007-09-27, 01:57 PM
Two problems here. One, it's not a campaign, it's propaganda. He's telling out and out lies. They're just not-so-clever misquotes of someone else's material a la Conan O'brien Two, he's only just done it for this campaign. Before this started he was nothing like Sabine at all..

Interesting thoughts, Zeb the Troll. Tell me, how was I unlike Sabine in the Playground? Let's see: we were both evil outsiders. We were both shapeshifters. We were both devoted to human love interests. We both visited gruesome deaths on other innocent people.

Also, for the sake of argument, say that I was lying. How would that be somehow unlike the character of Sabine? I didn't notice her taking any ranks in Honesty.

Well, say what you want, Zeb. When this is all over, your hideous demise shall be among the first of those who opposed me. :smallamused:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-27, 02:08 PM
Two problems here. One, it's not a campaign, it's propaganda.

Do you know the definition of Propaganda?
Propaganda is one-sided information - be it true or otherwise. A campagain almost nessecitates the use of propaganda in its application.

Maybe you should pick your words slightly more carefully.
Oh, yeah. Vote FoE.

2007-09-27, 04:54 PM
As I have said back when SurlySeraph was in the running, Alarra's only two advantages are her modship and that little red dress. However, it seems that little red dresses don't earn you much these days. But, Zeb, I can honestly tell you that Alarra is not evil. Corrupt, yes, but Absolute Power will do that to you.

FoE
2007-09-27, 05:33 PM
As I have said back when SurlySeraph was in the running, Alarra's only two advantages are her modship and that little red dress. However, it seems that little red dresses don't earn you much these days. But, Zeb, I can honestly tell you that Alarra is not evil. Corrupt, yes, but Absolute Power will do that to you.

What he said. :smallsmile:

:sabine:
Face of Evil (Because gender-bending is creepy, and so is Sabine)

AND SO AM I!!! :smallbiggrin:

@V: Thanks, Mockingbyrd! :smallbiggrin:

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-27, 06:50 PM
After reading this, I'm changing my Sabine vote to Face of Evil. Very convincing. You have put a LOT of effort into this. Alarra put her avatar in a Sabine outfit.

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-27, 07:22 PM
How can you say he's telling lies?I was specifically referring to making up the quotes from OotS characters.

So? It's still a campaign, isn't it? What should we do? Get nominated for every competition? Competitions are more about which playgrounder reminds you of "that oots character" more than the others. At least that's how I see it.Okay, fine. Propaganda is a campaign tool. Though not defined that way, it normally carries a negative connotation. My point is that Alarra didn't change to get this nomination. FoE did.

"Say," says some random passerby, "didn't you used to have a different avatar?"

The beautiful woman at the bar with the short horns and red hair smiles and sips her drink. "Yes, up until a week ago..."Whereas Alarra's was not made for this campaign. Indeed, this campaign wasn't even on the radar when it was requested, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2618282#post2618282).

You're wrong. He was very Sabine-like. At least here, SMBG, where I see him the most. After all, you're not one of those he tortured, or kept as prisoners.True, I don't frequent most of the SMBG, mainly the WW games. However, you weren't actually captured and tortured. Alarra has actually caused tears playing games. (And I'm currently shopping for the red dress. :smallwink: )

But that's not a reason for telling all these lies about Face of Evil. :smallannoyed: I'm not telling lies. I'm differentiating between made up dialogue and actual behavior. So far the only thing I've seen people giving as a reason for voting for him is "I love how clever those posts are!"

If you are an Alarra supporter, tell us the reasons you think she's worth it (she deserves more than those few lines), and stop trying to make other candidates look unworthy.You would prefer then, that I clutter the thread with fabrications in order to qualify my opinion because more is better? Besides, I'm not trying to make anyone look unworthy. I love what he's done. I'm trying to make him look less worthy. It's subtle, but it's a difference. If I weren't campaigning for her, I'd vote for him, straight up. (Though if necessary, I can write up some fairly explicit dialogue about our unclad exploits and then censor it, since that seems to be a big hit. Of course, I won't have to make up what happened. :smallwink: )

As I have said back when SurlySeraph was in the running, Alarra's only two advantages are her modship and that little red dress. However, it seems that little red dresses don't earn you much these days. But, Zeb, I can honestly tell you that Alarra is not evil. Corrupted, yes, but Absolute Power will do that to you.
She's studying to be a therapist. How much more evil can you get? :smalltongue:

Shadow
2007-09-27, 09:06 PM
I just have to say that I think it's absolutely hilarious That Maggie has to blackmail his own "friends" from AMEN to change their votes.

Even they found me to be nore Nale-like.
Normally in these competitions, if a member of AMEN is nominated, they win.

Hands down.

That's just too big of a voting block.
But in this one, I was so far ahead of him that he had to begin blackmailing people to change heir votes. He even had to blackmail the group of people that normally would have voted for him without a second thought.

I don't see this as Nale-like.

I see it as desperation.

Go ahead and change your votes if you wish. It matters little to me. It is but a small victory for him if it succeeds, for we all know that he is the lesser Nale between the two of us.

Even the members of AMEN know that I am more worthy.

Ganurath
2007-09-27, 09:35 PM
Gan tip leprechaun hat to Nale-like man.

Shadow
2007-09-27, 10:40 PM
Shadow: I feel your pain. That silly grin you see on my face isn't pain.
I's humor....

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-27, 10:49 PM
NALE
The Chilli God (bribe your DMs)...
*Gets some coffee from upstairs, comes back down, reads this again, spews coffee all over computer, grumbles and fetches tea-towel*
I'm supposed to be bribing and/or threatening you, aren't I?

:nale:
The_Chilli_God (Can't vote for myself, and I'm sure as hell not voting for Shadow, so I picked the guy who is not a stinkyhead.)
Shadow: Because at this point, his loss is practically guaranteed. :smalltongue: Currently, thanks to a little bit of personal manipulation, you're actually tied.
Oh dear, looks like someone needs to threaten a few more people. *Tsk tsk*

:smallamused: That'll teach you for withdrawing your vote for me.

By the way. This isn't threatening or blackmail or anything. This is frickin' cold-blooded vengeance. Remember that.

Ganurath
2007-09-27, 11:42 PM
By the way. This isn't threatening or blackmail or anything. This is frickin' cold-blooded vengeance. Remember that.That remind Gan... member of AMEN slander Gan, and Magtok in AMEN. Gan make sure AMEN not get their man in LGitP to keep good group dynamic from real LG.

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-28, 12:33 AM
Zeb the Troll: As long as you're basing your argument on what we're "actually" like and what we've "actually" done, Alarra makes a lousy choice for Sabine in the Playground because she's not "actually" a demon who's part of a group of villains out to rule the world. Nor is Ganurath a half-orc, PirateMonk a psychotic halfling, or MrEdwardNigma an androgynous elf with magical abilities, or yourself a troll, for that matter. God, have you ever played a role-playing game in your entire life? (And I'm not talking about what you and Alarra do in your spare time. :smallwink:)Fine. Look, I needed an angle. I don't play in the same games you do so I can't dispute your RP ebil-ness. I'm sure it's grand. However the only thing I've seen is your declaration of RP'ing ebil. I've seen no evidence except for Rogue! saying you kidnapped her. But even that was done for the campaign and doesn't demonstrate you're being ebil beforehand. Not saying it's not there, just saying I've only seen "I'm ebil" and not "I'm ebil because ..." and certainly not "because of these things I did before I knew there was going to be a competition for Sabine". My intent was to provide said evidence for her campaign.

To answer your question, not only do I RP, I've been RP'ing longer than a fair portion of the people on these boards have been able to read and even my spawn has been RP'ing since before 3E (1992 and 1998, respectively). I'm hardly a grognard, but if there's a generation between them and "I only started playing D&D when 3E came out", that's me. In fact, my screen name is a combination of a 2E thief/mage I played many many years ago and my main character in Dark Ages of Camelot (admittedly MMO's are hardly a bastion of RP'ing, but my guild still does it a bit).

Look, thanks for the compliment, but I have to question why you even need to make these swipes at my campaign. I mean, by Thursday rolled around, Alarra had already friggin' won; when Lord Herman does the count, she'll still have way more votes than me. I just wanted to clinch second.

My only assumption is that you had to "justify" Alarra winning Sabine in the Playground over me. Or was anything less than a sweep insufficient? Is this going to keep you up at night, knowing that not every vote went to Alarra? I hope not, for the sake of the children. :smallamused:The reason I'm campaigning for her is because I've seen what can happen in the last hours of the voting. For Fire, Phoenixinoehp came from way behind in the final hours to get the win. You sir, are coming up in the tallies. You're hardly out of it and you're making a strong come from behind pull. Probably actually helped a bit by my campaign mismanagement (I told her I wasn't any good at this :smallwink: ).

*extends an olive branch to FoE*

I didn't mean to take anyone's fun away and I'll definitely remember your name in future contests. Truce?

FoE
2007-09-28, 12:58 AM
Heh. Someone obviously put some ranks in Diplomacy recently.

Believe it or not, I actually played D&D in the grand old days of FIRST Edition; yes, I started playing at the grand old age of eight. (More accurately, my older brothers let me play with them.) I fell away from the game in the 1990s in favour of Magic: The Gathering (also, my friends prefered "Playdium," blech) but I still keep tabs on it, enough to get a joke about "Attack of Opportunity" when I see it.

It's nothing personal, Zeb, I just but you got to understand: when I see you undermining my campaign when I'm about 10 votes or so behind Alarra, it appears, mmm, a bit spiteful. Not that I haven't kicked a defenseless opponent when he's down, mind you. But usually there was a bad history involved, and as far as I'm aware, you and I have none.

Truce. I would shake your hand, but the temptation to drain a level would be too great. :smallwink:

(Though, you must understand, I will still have to kill you. Sorry, it's just part of the "Evil" mission statement.)

P.S. Besides knowing there's no bad blood between us, the thing that cheers me up most about your post is this phrase: "I told her I wasn't any good at this." Nice to know I could make the competition sweat a little. :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2007-09-28, 01:04 AM
We were actually tied at one point, just so you're aware. :smallbiggrin:
You've done quite the fantastic job stealing votes away from me. And I didn't aaaask Zeb to campaign. But yes, I've seen people come from much further behind, so don't concede quite yet. Of course, I've barely had to campaign at all...and if you do start catching up again in the next day...well...I think we should ask Cassie about my ability to procure votes from nowhere. :smallwink:

FoE
2007-09-28, 01:37 AM
I doubt it'll make a difference, but .... the concession speech shall be shelved, for the moment.

Let's take a moment to address those Playgrounders who voted for Serpentine, CurlyKitGirl and Moon_Called (including myself):

Friends, I applaud your choices, and I myself love, love, love these ladies (boy, do I ever, heh, heh). But at this late stage in the game, comrades, I would point out that none of these three candidates is getting the Sabine nod or finishing runner-up. Although I admire loyalty (to the point where it is to me), your votes are effectively wasted. Why not switch them to the beautiful Alarra or my even sexier self? (Particularly myself.)

Now, I'm not advocating stabbing your friends in the back. ... OK, I am advocating stabbing your friends in the back. But it's for a good cause: so that Alarra or I can win a contest that means nothing and nobody will remember except for us a couple months down the line. Isn't that worth more than years of so-called human companionship and love? The Face of Evil thinks so! :smallbiggrin:

And to make one final argument for casting your vote for FoE, here's the Creature in the Darkness!

:mitd: stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew stew

... Why the hell did I bother recruiting you again? :smallannoyed:

:roach: Well, somebody obviously read "Start of Darkness," didn't they?

:roach: .....

:roach: (annoyed) Hey, aren't you listening? I just pointed out that the Face of Evil obviously read "Start of Darkness."

:roach: (Munch munch) Sorry, I didn't hear. I was too busy chewing up the fourth wall.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-09-28, 01:46 AM
Who here has suggested a Threesome?
*Raises Hand*
More than once.

*Keeps hand up*

As a default solution to a Love Triangle.

*Keeps hand raised*

Or a default solution to liven up a stale marriage?

*Keeps Hand Raised*

Or just because you're bored.

*Keeps hand Raised*

How was I not nominated for Sabine in the Playground?

FoE
2007-09-28, 01:51 AM
:sabine: ....

"Oh, sorry, I kind of got distracted after you said the word "three-way."

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-28, 01:53 AM
*Kicks Zeb in the shin* (That was for reopening my wound.)

Also: Maybe I should have done some louder advertising of my propaganda siggies. More people might have taken me up on them!
Seriously. Ganurath has had one of my propaganda siggies, and look where he is now! It's your own fault.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-28, 05:09 AM
I was specifically referring to making up the quotes from OotS characters.

Okay, fine. Propaganda is a campaign tool

....etc

Points taken.:smallsmile:

Who here has suggested a Threesome?
*Raises Hand*
More than once.

*Keeps hand up*

As a default solution to a Love Triangle.

*Keeps hand raised*

Or a default solution to liven up a stale marriage?

*Keeps Hand Raised*

Or just because you're bored.

*Keeps hand Raised*

How was I not nominated for Sabine in the Playground?

I suggest threesomes all the time, so what?:smallamused:
Not enough to make you Sabine, are they?

_

Lord Herman
2007-09-28, 05:31 AM
I just have to say that I think it's absolutely hilarious That Maggie has to blackmail his own "friends" from AMEN to change their votes.

Interesting. Wasn't it Magtok who tried to stop AMEN cronyism in an earlier competition?

smellie_hippie
2007-09-28, 05:57 AM
*half-heartedly checks thread*

WTF? :smallconfused:

Man... this got pretty vicious. I'm glad I dropped out... :smallamused:

Lord Magtok
2007-09-28, 06:32 AM
Interesting. Wasn't it Magtok who tried to stop AMEN cronyism in an earlier competition?

This isn't cronyism. Most of my campaign PMs went to non-AMEnites.

I don't see this as Nale-like.

I see it as desperation.

And desperation isn't Nale-like? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0397.html)

Ganurath
2007-09-28, 07:53 AM
Gan see polls not closed yet. Gan think he meddle some.

*rescues Curly's kitty from gunpoint while Magtok explains the differences between desperation and cliche trickery techniques*

Helgraf
2007-09-28, 08:05 AM
To answer your question, not only do I RP, I've been RP'ing longer than a fair portion of the people on these boards have been able to read and even my spawn has been RP'ing since before 3E (1992 and 1998, respectively). I'm hardly a grognard, but if there's a generation between them and "I only started playing D&D when 3E came out", that's me. In fact, my screen name is a combination of a 2E thief/mage I played many many years ago and my main character in Dark Ages of Camelot (admittedly MMO's are hardly a bastion of RP'ing, but my guild still does it a bit).

Heh ... whereas though I haven't spawned, I'm either one of those grognards or awfully close to it. Been playing for ... ye gads. 25 years now ((I, too, started when I was 8. Yes. Do the math. Father used to DM. About six years later, I took the helm and have been running games ever since [and occasionally getting to _play_ in them as well].))

As for the campaign. I can't speak for whatever all happened. I just know I voted for 'larra because she epitomizes slightly dangerous sexy with a hint of spicy evil - and that sums up Sabine to my personal expectations. You may, of course, claim otherwise - that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, just as I'm entitled to disagree with it. But in the end, I voted for the candidate I felt was the best fit.

Lord Herman
2007-09-28, 09:07 AM
The votes right now:

Nale in the Playground
22 - Shadow
20 - Lord Magtok
5 - The Chilli God
2 - Eldritch Knight
1 - Jontom Xire

Sabine in the Playground
23 - Alarra
16 - Face of Evil
6 - Moon Called
3 - Serpentine
3 - CurlyKitGirl

Thog in the Playground
27 - Ganurath
11 - Trog
4 - Graklok
2 - Xssar
1 - Smellie Hippie

The polls close in three hours, so if haven't voted yet, or if you want to change your vote, you should do so now.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-28, 09:12 AM
For Sabine itp canditates:

Brought to you by da Rogue, Haley itp.

A small gift! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0398.html)

Shadow
2007-09-28, 09:14 AM
*half-heartedly checks thread*

WTF? :smallconfused:

Man... this got pretty vicious. I'm glad I dropped out... :smallamused:
It's supossed to be a teeny bit vicious, hippie.
It's the Linear Guild.

And what happened Maggie?
Didn't you want to give me the winning vote?

Castaras
2007-09-28, 09:47 AM
Can people not pm me to make me vote for them please? I'm getting quite a few pms at the moment because of many games I'm in, and extra spam in my inbox doesn't really help in any way.

Thanks.

Supagoof
2007-09-28, 10:32 AM
*Kicks Zeb in the shin* (That was for reopening my wound.)

Also: Maybe I should have done some louder advertising of my propaganda siggies. More people might have taken me up on them!
Seriously. Ganurath has had one of my propaganda siggies, and look where he is now! It's your own fault.

Graklok see red veggie guy paintings. Graklok tink dey nice. Graklok know how dey help Supagoof win, but Graklok no use dem cuz like how Gan act. Graklok think dat cwassy and verwy Thoggish.

Ganurath
2007-09-28, 10:39 AM
Gan take out ice cream painting because of 599 limit not letting Gan keep recognizing thingy for Chili and respect bit for Shadow at same time. Gan very much thankful for banner, though, and all the support Gan get in election. Gan just hope he not need to write acceptance speech.

Shadow
2007-09-28, 10:41 AM
Thank you Thog.
Why don't you go and have some of that ice cream you love so much.

Ganurath
2007-09-28, 10:42 AM
Goody!

*sits in corner eating the sundae from FoE*

FoE
2007-09-28, 12:32 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!! On the strength of a tip from an anonymous benefactor, I have a shocking revelation concerning the top candidate for "Sabine in the Playground!"

Alarra says she's all about the evil. But at the same time, how really evil can she be if she is the Lawfullest in the Playground? Yes, in the fourth competition run by Lord Herman, she won the Lawfullest trophy!

Here's the link to Lord Herman's web page if you don't believe me:

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/Competitions.html

Now, being Lawful doesn't preclude Alarra from being Evil (just look at Nale). However, as pointed out by the Wikipedia article linked below, Sabine is decidedly Chaotic Evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Guild

Besides, wouldn't Lawfullest in the Playground suggest at least some goodness in her?

If you've had the misfortune to cross paths with the Face of Evil, however, you'd know three things about the demon:

1) S/he's malicious. Diabolical. Murderous. Vile. Cruel. In short, s/he's EEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL.
2) Note the horns and tail? Yep, that's right: demon. Also, shapeshifter.
3) I'll give you a kiss if you vote for me. And then we'll see where things go from there .... :smallwink:

And if you're still hesitant about voting for me, just consider these wise words of Belkar Bitterleaf:

:belkar: I'll strangle you with your own livers if you don't.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-09-28, 12:38 PM
Lawful != Good.

FoE
2007-09-28, 01:04 PM
Lawful != Good.

What he said.

Alarra
2007-09-28, 01:31 PM
The polls are closed now, or should be....so it doesn't much matter....but I did want to point out that at the time when I won 'lawfulest' I laughed and pointed out to people that they're clearly too easily manipulated because I'm clearly chaotic. :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-28, 01:34 PM
I'm not easily manipulated:smallbiggrin:

*waits on results while making some drow character and reading fanfiction*

Supagoof
2007-09-28, 01:34 PM
Actually, I remember that campaign. I was going against Alarra. She did base it on all the good she did with the forums, as the subject of Lawful - good or evil - did come up.

He's got you there Alarra.

Helgraf
2007-09-28, 01:35 PM
You realize he was actually opposing your rant, yes?

Alarra
2007-09-28, 01:40 PM
It's a very good manipulator that can make one believe they're lawful good when they're really chaotic evil.

FoE
2007-09-28, 01:46 PM
Ah. Well then, as I see it, there are two possible scenarios here: you were either lying then or you're lying now. :smallamused:

Now, while I concede that being an adept liar is a very Sabine-like trait, how can we necessarily believe you now when you claim to be the "best candidate?" Mmmm?

Besides, that old avatar of yours isn't too Sabine-icious, wouldn't you agree? :smalltongue: (My old avatar was the standard "Devil" avatar. Note the evil outsider theme?)

MORAL VICTORY IS MINE!!!

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-28, 02:10 PM
Wait. Maggie called me a stinkyhead for the third time.
:smallmad:
That's it. Your death shall be most humiliating and damaging to your own reputation, on top of being the most painful experience you have ever... experienced. No bargaining this time, it's time for Phase Two.

Lord Magtok
2007-09-28, 02:25 PM
That's it. Your death shall be most humiliating and damaging to your own reputation, on top of being the most painful experience you have ever... experienced. No bargaining this time, it's time for Phase Two.

I've been stabbed by Moon_Called due to making jokes about her name, had my soul painfully removed by Fus. Weapon 1337, and have repeatedly been eviscerated by Saurous's katana. There's no way you can harm my pathetic excuse for a reputation, or make me feel more pain than ever before. stinkyhead.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-28, 02:33 PM
Hey! Chilli_God, three words: Death By Bunnies!

And congrats to all the winners. I really was surprised to hear I was Sabine as I'm not really Sabine-like so I didn't campaign.

FoE
2007-09-28, 02:52 PM
* Snogs SabineoE *

But you're such a good kisser! :smallbiggrin: