PDA

View Full Version : Murder of Crows: A Feast For Fools [5e]

Alkerite
2018-10-04, 09:00 PM
The call had reached you in the dead of night. It didn’t matter where you were when Ryager sent out the call, the grizzled, veteran’s half-melted, heavily scarred face appearing before you all, as the message message was short and to the point. “Well, it’s your lucky day. Aggrus, one of our boys got bagged by the Sorcerer-Kings resident bootlickers. Our last intel on Aggrus is that he managed to bag something VERY important to the king, straight out of Agninym. Supposedly, it's a solid silver flight feather for one big damned bird. Needless to say, our boy Aggrus might meet a grisly end if we let the Sorcerer-King realize that the only way he's prying information of out Aggrus' beak is if the bastard preformed the information extraction himself. Meet up at the Raven’s Haul tavern. We’ll discuss possible routes into their fanciest prison.” The telepathic message ended, and now the sounds of the city return to your senses.

El'the Ellie
2018-10-04, 09:34 PM
"Eep!" Ryager's face suddenly appearing out of thin air spooked Terini, who had been peacefully organizing her library. The stack of books in her arms goes tumbling down, clattering into a creaky wooden shelf that threatens to collapse. When it holds, she lets out a sigh of relief.

"Stupid Hurst and his stupid psychic thing..." She mutters under her breath, picking things back up. "Would it kill him to just use a messenger like everyone else..."

With her huff sufficiently ended, she heads down the hall and through the winding series of tunnels that will lead to the Raven's Haul.

Shimmer
2018-10-04, 11:32 PM
Moxie didn't really need to be sent a message. Not when the Tiefling was rarely out from under her Mentor's feet and especially not when the girl was all, but vibrating at the prospect of going on her first real mission even if she was being kept in the dark in regards to the full extent of what they would be up to. That didn't of course stop Moxie from wanting to be included in the message and pondering what the others in the group had seen even as she quickly darted after Hurst on their way to the Tavern. The girl's golden eyes where bright in the dim shadows of the alleyways her tail swaying in excitement even if she had to nearly flat out run to keep up with the older man's long strides.

Putting on a burst of speed that brought the little Tiefling Ranger side by side with the man she flashed Hurst a fanged grin practically beaming up at the Monster Hunter's scarred face. "Do you think they'll all be there when we get there?" She questioned her tone bright and eager as she pondered who all had been recruited for this little expedition.

"I promise I won't let any of them get lost." Moxie assures him reaching out to tug lightly at her Mentor's sleeve tone open and honest as her grin softens into a smile.

Arzanyos
2018-10-05, 03:14 AM
A soft caw had awoken Kaervak to Ryager Hurst's face and voice. The old dwarf grunted in distaste, and with a quick intonation and wave of hands, an unscarred version of Hurst's face appeared in front of the one speaking, fitted to his body for good measure. This seemed to amuse Kaervak. The actual message, not so much, but he got up anyway, talking to his feathered companion as he trudged towards the Raven's Haul. "Typical. A wingless life oft feels measured ill, even to lifeless wings. And as well, he who sees through half his own face forgets we must see the whole thing."

gabado
2018-10-05, 11:15 AM
Krell groaned in disappointment, he was so close to his goal, the baker’s apprentice had just left and the shop would be unguarded for hours.

Why does he always call when I’m about to eat!

Alighting from his perch above the shop, the small kenku deftly traverses the fog-slick shingles and soot-spewing chimneys of the merchants district, vaulting from roof to roof and breaking into a run, his stomach grumbling as he sprints toward the tavern.

Better to go hungry than leave the big man waiting!

JNAProductions
2018-10-05, 01:14 PM
Lurk looks up, ignoring the unconscious man at their feet. They take a moment to grab the man's shoes (they're nice shoes) and starts heading out, idle curiosity about the mission ahead going through their mind.

Alkerite
2018-10-05, 02:05 PM
Moxie didn't really need to be sent a message. Not when the Tiefling was rarely out from under her Mentor's feet and especially not when the girl was all, but vibrating at the prospect of going on her first real mission even if she was being kept in the dark in regards to the full extent of what they would be up to. That didn't of course stop Moxie from wanting to be included in the message and pondering what the others in the group had seen even as she quickly darted after Hurst on their way to the Tavern. The girl's golden eyes where bright in the dim shadows of the alleyways her tail swaying in excitement even if she had to nearly flat out run to keep up with the older man's long strides.

Putting on a burst of speed that brought the little Tiefling Ranger side by side with the man she flashed Hurst a fanged grin practically beaming up at the Monster Hunter's scarred face. "Do you think they'll all be there when we get there?" She questioned her tone bright and eager as she pondered who all had been recruited for this little expedition.

"I promise I won't let any of them get lost." Moxie assures him reaching out to tug lightly at her Mentor's sleeve tone open and honest as her grin softens into a smile.

Ryager smirked, chuckling at Moxie's namesake spunk. "I'll be holding you to that." Ryager ruffled the girl's hair, the little urchin really grew on him. "As for their punctuality... I don't tolerate tardiness, but I don't expect them so soon." Ryager's face leveled back out, returning to a stern neutrality as he opened the door to Raven's Haul. "Be a dear and take a match to light the lanterns." Ryager sighed, returning to his station at the bar... the low light extenuating the shattered skull of a massive dragon... the Javelin sized arrow still lodged in it's braincase, and the inhumanly large bow that fired it completing the trophy set, right above the counter.

JNAProductions
2018-10-05, 02:11 PM
Lurk walks in, standing tall and still carrying their new shoes. How goes it? they ask, bowing respectfully upon spotting their superior.

gabado
2018-10-05, 02:17 PM
A moment later, Krell enters, panting from his run.

”Evening boss! Say, do you have any bar nuts on hand?” Krell angles his head toward the bar, one large milky eye searching for any morsels; his voice a mimicked blend of Oto’s and Hurst’s.

“Oh hi Moxie! What’re you doing up so late?” he nods toward Lurk, acknowledging their presence.

JNAProductions
2018-10-05, 02:22 PM
I'm well, they say. Their usual go-to voice is that of goliaths, giving them a deep bass, and short phrases like they've spoken since arriving are all easy to use.

Alkerite
2018-10-05, 02:34 PM
Lurk walks in, standing tall and still carrying their new shoes. How goes it? they ask, bowing respectfully upon spotting their superior.
"Slow, sadly. Especially when time is so limited." Ryager sighed, stepping behind the bar to resume the laborious task of washing glasses with one hand.

A moment later, Krell enters, panting from his run.

”Evening boss! Say, do you have any bar nuts on hand?” Krell angles his head toward the bar, one large milky eye searching for any morsels; his voice a mimicked blend of Oto’s and Hurst’s.

"Of course I have peanuts on hand, but you know that they're for customers." Ryager chuckled, bringing up a small metal dish filled with the roasted, salty morsels.

gabado
2018-10-05, 02:40 PM
Of course I have peanuts on hand, but you know that they're for customers." Ryager chuckled, bringing up a small metal dish filled with the roasted, salty morsels.

Krell gives a sheepish thanks and busies himself pecking at the peanuts while the others trickle in.

JNAProductions
2018-10-05, 02:44 PM
After finding a seat, Lurk pulls it out so they can watch the door while sitting. They stay silent, not finding the need to speak.

Shimmer
2018-10-05, 02:47 PM
If it was possible the little Tiefling girls smile grew even broader as Hurst's large hand mussed up the child's bright red locks leaving them in even more of a wild disarray then normal. "Sure Ryager. I'll get the lantern's right now!" She quipped dashing off to do just that as she dug through one of the cabinets behind the bar for a box of matches. Finding what she was looking for she darted off once more dragging a chair over to help her better reach the lanterns.

"Hi Krell!" The girl chirped waving at him in greeting even as she perched atop her post, wings spread slightly so as to not tip over as she lit a match and set about illuminating the place.

"And you know I'm just as nocturnal as you guys are if not more so." She replied pouting lightly at his teasing though not seeming to really take the Kenku's words to heart her gold eyes far too bright with excitement to be dampened by a comment so small.

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-05, 11:22 PM
Pitch makes a sound like a deafened crack of lightning. He was just then hiding in the corner trying not to be noticed. He felt really guilty, because he got the guy this was about caught. But he know Hurst would forgive him for sure. Hurst is friend. His black pupils survey the room and then he gets up, nervously striding to a seat, even though biologically he was the eldest of the group.

Arzanyos
2018-10-06, 12:11 AM
As the light began to shine throughout the room, it happened to illuminate a small black bird peering through the window. Good. That bookworm hasn't gotten here before me. Kaervak thought as he processed the information from his familiar. He slowed his pace slightly from the heavy jog it had been, tapering to a brisk walk as he strode into the Raven's Haul, his own raven landing soon after on his shoulder. The dwarf quickly went over to Hurst, with a deferential nod, as well as a point towards the menu. "As we are to wait, might as well wait with food, eh?"

Feel free to tell me if I should change me dialogue color to be less like Hurst's.

Lioslaith
2018-10-06, 06:21 AM
Oto quietly enters the Raven's haul and sees the others gathering from being summoned. He join the group, staying on the outskirts as he always has, rarely speaking unless spoken to directly.

El'the Ellie
2018-10-06, 09:16 AM
Terini quietly enters the tavern a few minutes after Oto, quietly finding the group and pulling over a chair. She takes a seat next to the arakokra and quietly puts a hand on his.

"Evening folks. Is our whole dissembly appeared?"

For anyone who feels like their character would be in the know, she's quoting Much Ado About Nothing (http://shakespeare.mit.edu/much_ado/much_ado.4.2.html). Or the in game equivalent.

JNAProductions
2018-10-06, 10:52 AM
I think so, Lurk comments.

Alkerite
2018-10-06, 11:12 AM
"About time. Now then, you all know why we're meeting here. " Ryager huffed, setting down a glass with a click as he slams his good hand into the counter. "Aggrus' heis went belly up, now it's up to you all to make sure we get him, his intel, and his haul back home in time for dinner." Ryager kneels, rummaging beneath the counter to pull out a rather impressive map, a freshly made one, too. "Now then..." Ryager mused, spreading out the map on the counter top "I see a handful of insertions into their newest prison... first, the aquaducts." Ryager pointed out the massive channel that went right over the prison's walls. "Second, they didn't pay attention to what their foundation was made out of, and theres a weak point right under the courtyard. Finally... this one might draw some serious ire from the higher ups... messing with the leylines so that magic goes absolutely haywire."

Shimmer
2018-10-06, 11:38 AM
Moxie gives each individual a nod of greeting though those she doesn't know as well get a slightly more hesitant on as the little Tiefling girl finishes lightly all the lanterns. Nearly falling off the back of the chair she was perched atop in the process as Pitch's sudden cry like thunder startles the child. Forcing the young girl to snap her wings open fully to carefully balance herself as she climbs back off the chair before tucking them close against her back once more. Shooting Pitch a look she drags the chair back into place and is quick alongside the others to crowd around the map, the tip of her tail twitching with interest.

Though the mention of Aggrus, her cousin, and surrogate big brother brings the girl up short her gold eyes going wide before they narrow with determination. "I think tunneling through the foundation or going through the aqueducts would be the quietest route. Messing with the leylines before we enter the prison might set off too many alarms, but if we tunnel through the foundation we can sabotage them on our way back out to cover our escape." Moxie suggests her words a little slow as she considers the various routes as her gaze keeps slipping to the others as if looking for support or approval, but she seems firm enough on her plan. Making it a point to do her best to mentally pick apart the map before her like one the the tactical exercises Hurst would sometimes give her to solve when he wanted some quiet.

JNAProductions
2018-10-06, 12:22 PM
Water. Water is good, Lurk says, their voice shifting between the first two words and the second-still a goliath's voice, but one with a different accent. They gesture to their armor, adorned with patterns of waves and boats, which allows them to swim like a feathered fish.

gabado
2018-10-06, 01:25 PM
”Perhaps a two-pronged approach could work, two teams, one from below the other from the aqueduct above.” Krell chimes in, leaving the empty bowl and looking over the map. “Oto and I can keep things silent” he looks pointedly at the heavily armored Lurk. While the more brightly colored of us can infiltrate from the sewers.”

JNAProductions
2018-10-06, 01:48 PM
Lurk chuckles. They know they aren't stealthy, but when a fight breaks out, they'll be glad to have the big Kenku along.

Arzanyos
2018-10-06, 02:25 PM
The dwarf nods at Krell's plan. "Twice the threat means half the guards. As for my own part, I fear neither route, for the Sorcerer-King's eyes are blind to me." He punctuates this last statement by tapping the amulet hidden underneath his beard.

Shimmer
2018-10-06, 02:58 PM
"I think~" Moxie began slowly, a little unsure as she glances at Krell. "That maybe the louder flashier party should go through the aqueducts. The ducts are known to the guards and the guards are unlikely to damage the prisons only water source trying to cut off that teams exit. If they are discovered and have to fight they would make a good distraction. The quieter party should burrow through the foundation and mess with the leylines." The little Tiefling girl explains hopping up onto the table to perch beside the map as she points to the various routes.

"That a way we have an additional unknown exit and entry point on the off chance they do have a way to close off the duct." The young Ranger explains glancing up first at Hurst and then at the rest of the group.

"Do we have a way for the two groups to communicate with one another? A member who can cast the message spell maybe so the two groups can talk back and forth? Otherwise if not it might be too dangerous to split the group and would be wiser to have all of us go through the foundation with the aqueducts as an additional exit point should we get cut off." Moxie explains seeming to be finding her stride as she studies the map closely seeming to be committing it to memory.

"Can someone make two copies of this map so both group has one? But don't circle anything on them in case one group gets caught." She suggested running a reverent finger over the edge of the parchment clearly rather taken with the pretty piece of paper.

JNAProductions
2018-10-06, 02:59 PM
Circle the wrong bits, Lurk offers.

gabado
2018-10-06, 04:13 PM
"I think~" Moxie began slowly, a little unsure as she glances at Krell. "That maybe the louder flashier party should go through the aqueducts. The ducts are known to the guards and the guards are unlikely to damage the prisons only water source trying to cut off that teams exit. If they are discovered and have to fight they would make a good distraction. The quieter party should burrow through the foundation and mess with the leylines." The little Tiefling girl explains hopping up onto the table to perch beside the map as she points to the various routes.

"That a way we have an additional unknown exit and entry point on the off chance they do have a way to close off the duct." The young Ranger explains glancing up first at Hurst and then at the rest of the group.

”yes, good thinking” Krell nods, studying the map. ”We can use silence spells to mask the sounds of the digging and illusions to hide the hole. Do we know how far into the compound the tunnel will take us? I don’t fancy a fight until we have secured our companion.”

Shimmer
2018-10-06, 04:25 PM
The little Tiefling girl seems to almost blossom at Krell's gentle encouragement beaming at the Kenku as she points at the foundation once more. "That's why I suggested the quiet group go through that way. They're much more likely to encounter a fight in the sewers and be able to skirt around it where as the louder group going through the ducts can just bluff and say they were passing through. That and the aqueducts are covered from prying eyes. They have less a chance of getting caught before they can get in." Moxie explains with a fanged grin eyes bright.

"And I'm really good at scouting in the dark. If I go with the foundation group I can lead them through the sewers and tunnels without any of us getting lost and alert them to danger. Since we won't have sign posts or streets to follow like the Aqueduct group." She adds puffing up slightly with pride. Perhaps she might not be as stealthy as the older more experienced sneaks and thieves, but in the dark her eyes were sharper then even some of the best.

"That a way we can fu~" And Moxie pauses seeming to rethink her word choice as she glances at Terini, "Fudge the leylines and get in before anyone's the wiser."

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-06, 04:44 PM
Pitch nervously looks around at everyone present with his unblinking, black eyes. Whoever he's working with, they're not going to be like Hurst. The words "Hurst is friend" echo in his head, the words he mimicked back to him the day they met. He speaks in Hurst's voice, from the words they had heard earlier, as well as some words he had heard in the past days: black feathers raven. Lucky day you're beak not getting pried out grisly. Black feathers raven bastard...

Alkerite
2018-10-06, 08:46 PM
"Alrighty then, but sorry to burst your bubble. You won't be digging. Moxie, show your new friends to Truinda, I contacted her with a special rush job. She should have some of her trademark Melters, and she also should have a keg of explosives prepared... I believe I requested them to be salt based." Ryager sighed, brushing away the probing fingers, tying the map up into a tight scroll, and packing it into a case, before handing the invaluable compendium of maps of the cities many layers to Pitch. "Let it never be said I don't give second chances, pal. Return this to me in one piece, with the boy, and i'll remove this black mark from your record." Ryager smiled at the albino.

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-06, 09:06 PM
Pitch studies the maps for a moment before letting out a happy chirp and buzz. He nods to Ryager a sort of "I won't let you down" nod. He hadn't heard the exact words said to him recently so he couldn't actually say it.

Shimmer
2018-10-06, 11:14 PM
"We get to use the specialty alchemicals!" Moxie gasps eyes going wide her attention slipping long enough for Hurst to easily snag the map away from the curious Tiefling girl and present the map case to Pitch. Slipping down from the counter Moxie all, but bounces on her heels tail half curled in excitement and wings perked with interest before she seems to realize what said blasting powder implies.

"Ohhhh...Then yeah we'll definitely need to cast silence when we set that off and have a pretty good distraction." The Girl murmurs nodding to herself before she looks up at the rest of the group.

"Come on~ I can show you all to Truinda's when you're ready." She chirps motioning for them to follow her and is almost skipping half way out the door in excitement before she skids to a sudden halt on her heels seeming to remember something and darts back to Hurst. Undoing a pouch on her hip she grabs the old Monster Hunter's hand and carefully sets it in his palm. The cloth falling away slightly to reveal a small yellow snake which pokes it's head out glancing up at Hurst with little green eyes as it's head seems to wobble a little the reptile having likely just woken up.

"Can you watch Noodle for me Ryager? Thanks!" She blurts out not giving the man any real chance to respond or deny her request.

"Be good Noodle! Keep Ryager out of trouble for me." Moxie whispers pressing a kiss to the snakes tiny head as it's little forked tongue seems to flick out in confusion, but acceptance as the Tiefling girl once more takes off. Running out the door before Hurst has a chance to change his mind calling out a quick.

"Love you both! Be back soon!" As she dashes out the door only pausing once outside to make sure the party is actually following her.

Alkerite
2018-10-07, 12:40 AM
Ryager sighed, setting the garder snake that Moxie dubbed 'Noodle' onto the counter "I'd recommend you all get to following her. She's young, sure, but she's got... moxie." Ryager chuckled. "Don't let me down now, y'hear? I'll be in touch. " Ryager smiled, waving off the party. "Oh, and the materials are loaners, don't get the salt bomb wet, and your pay's gonna be docked for the bombs. But don't worry, it's not a going to be too terribly noticable." Ryager flashed a grin, stepping out from behind the counter, to see the party off.

Arzanyos
2018-10-07, 04:21 AM
Kaervak grinned at the mention of explosives. Maybe it was just the dwarf in him, but he always liked a little fireworks show. Made for a good distraction too. As he stumped along after the young Tiefling, however, a logistics question soured his mood. The sorcerer altered his path to come alongside Oto. "As Hurst's golden boy, I think you should be the one to make this decision. Especially since being a brainy bird does not stop one from being an awful birdbrain." Casting a careful glance at the second most trusted member of the team, he decided to play it safe, snapping an image of himself into existence away from his current position, which started to walk after Moxie as well. "Do you want me for the leylines? Terini probably has read a book or five on how to disrupt them, but she can't match me for sheer power. On the other hand, I don't sneak like you, so it'd be the safer bet to send me, Lurk, and the White Raven up top, to cause a little havoc." He spoke the finally words with a deathly seriousness, his statue-like countenance becoming even more so. "It all depends, how lucky do you feel."

JNAProductions
2018-10-07, 11:16 AM
Lurk nods in agreement. They're quite ready to do some bashing.

gabado
2018-10-07, 01:11 PM
Krell hops toward the door, grabbing a last handful of peanuts as he heads after the exited tiefling.

”Dont worry boss! We’ll keep her out of trouble!”

Privately Krell is a bit worried. He’s not much good around bright lights or loud noises, and the alchemist’s works had always made his feathers stand on end. Somone better know what they’re doing with these bombs

El'the Ellie
2018-10-07, 11:27 PM
Terini spares a glance to Moxie, but the girl's been getting better at watching her language. She gets up with the others, working the details of their plan.

"Moxie, don't rush ahead too much, there's still plans to be made."

She addresses the whole group while moving with them. "While I don't disagree with our two-team plan, I'm not sure we're all on the same page. One group should enter through the aquaducts: it should be decently unguarded, but whoever goes there should be ready to have to move quickly though water. Of course, that implies the louder, and stronger members. Or at least those that can swim well.

"Now, the others: are we entering through the weakness underneath the courtyard, or causing a distraction with the leylines? The leylines would cause a distraction significant enough the make Aqua team have relatively minor opposition when extracting Aggrus. But of course, that's going to make it harder for them to get out: the leylines are already well-guarded and an interference will pack them to the gills. I don't like the idea of half of our group getting caught in there.
"Instead I think we should exploit this courtyard weakness. Both groups will be in the area and can assist the other if things go wrong, and we will encounter opposition in smaller numbers. We may not even have to use the blasting salt if the foundation can be easily moved with simple magic. Although it will be nice to bring along just in case, or if we need to cover our escape."

Lioslaith
2018-10-08, 06:26 AM
Silent as ever Oto follows Terini ready to assist in whatever avenue she chose in this adventure.

gabado
2018-10-08, 10:20 AM
Krell balks at Terini’s more detailed explanation, explosives were one thing but messing with the flow of magic itself seemed unpredictable and deadly.

”I think we should use the courtyard, quieter and more reliable, plus it keeps all of us in play, in case something goes wrong. Perhaps the leylines could be used to cause a diversion when we leave.”

Arzanyos
2018-10-08, 06:10 PM
As Terini explains the problems with tampering with the leylines, Kaervak scowls and remarks to nobody in particular. "See. Already trying to ruin all our fun. Probably just a coverup for her 'concern about the sanctity of the rules of magic'. Bah." The impersonation is adequate for a dwarf, but would probably not compare well to a Kenku's mimicry.

Alkerite
2018-10-09, 12:25 PM
As you open up the trapdoor to climn down the ladder into Incarceri sanctum, you hear a loud THOOOM. as thick black smog rushes to the surface, and just as suddenly, fading into the thin grey smog that covered the city's sky... one of Truinda's experiments must have backfired.

gabado
2018-10-09, 02:02 PM
As you open up the trapdoor to climn down the ladder into Incarceri sanctum, you hear a loud THOOOM. as thick black smog rushes to the surface, and just as suddenly, fading into the thin grey smog that covered the city's sky... one of Truinda's experiments must have backfired.

Krell flinches, shrinking from the loud sound. for the good of the flock he keeps repeating to himself.

Shimmer
2018-10-09, 09:06 PM
"Oh shoot I hope it wasn't one of the unstable ones~" Moxie gasps out darting over to one of the small wells as she hauls up a bucket of water. Taking the bucket she legs it towards where the smoke is coming from hoping that there isn't a fire, but unfortunately more then prepared for one.

It's rather clear from how quick on the uptake the little Tiefling is as she leads the group towards the source of the boom that this is a fairly common occurrence.

Alkerite
2018-10-10, 02:19 PM
As Moxie rounds the corner, she spots the familiar visage of her adoptive mother, Truinda, covered in the same black smog, and lighting her pipe, a smile on her face even before the affable, strange tiefling spotted her daughter. "Ah, hello Moxie, don't worry there's no fire... just dropped a prototype... distraction."

El'the Ellie
2018-10-10, 03:20 PM
Terini is about to say something in response to hearing her own voice thrown back at her, when the THOOOM of erupting alchemy rings out. Instead the kenku jumps and whips around towards the source of the noise, and takes a few seconds to calm down. In a deeply sarcastic voice stolen from some human man she says, "So this whole day is going to be like this, isn't it?"

Arzanyos
2018-10-11, 02:11 AM
Apprehensive of the current situation, especially the part involving unstable explosives and lit pipes, Kaervak sends his raven down to investigate Truinda's workshop, staying a safe distance away himself. "Who can say how a day will be whilst they still live in the night?" He muses, before appending himself. "Unfortunately, it's looking like a pretty good guess."

Shimmer
2018-10-11, 04:01 AM
Moxie skids to a stop water sloshing over the bucket she's carrying as she comes to a quick jerky halt to prevent soaking herself and Truinda in the process as she sags with relief at seeing the older Tiefling whole, not on fire, and in one piece. "Ryager mentioned a special rush order and I was worried something had gone wrong." She explains as she sets the bucket down nudging it towards Truinda in case she wants to try to wash some of the black smog and soot from her face.

"He said we were to ask you for some Melters and salt based explosives." Moxie adds brightening somewhat at the prospect even given how dangerous such items could be.

Alkerite
2018-10-11, 04:00 PM
"Oh trust me, dear. I know what Hurst ordered. Hence the 'salt' based, so that a stray spark here or there wouldn't blow a crater in Incarceri." Truinda smiled down, taking a deep inhale on her pipe, making the embers flare... as the odd tiefling blew a perfect smoke ring. "He knows my... tastes. Now then, I've also took it upon myself to make sure all of you come out of this thing alive... for a cost to be determined AFTER your mission, yes?" Truinda's alien eyes flick to the party, "Beyond all that... I have some items for you all... beyond what Hurst mentioned... but I need a favor for the trouble."

gabado
2018-10-11, 04:41 PM
”What favor do you need?” Krell asks, his unquenchable curiosity overpowering his natural fear of the Tiefling.

Alkerite
2018-10-12, 12:59 AM
"Various precious metals in trace amounts, a supply of herbs, specifically Dragon's Bane, an ingot of adamantine. The usual supplies to make one of Hurst's Greatarrows." Truinda smirked, her facade breaking for a second. "Joking. I want another one of those feathers, I mean... the perfect time to strike that vault of our beloved king is when his attention is focused elsewhere."

Shimmer
2018-10-12, 03:50 AM
Moxie slowly relaxed as it became clear Truinda was indeed utterly unarmed if infinitely amused at her own set backs. Though at the request for Dragons bane the Tielfing girls eyes seemed to sharpen making a quiet mental note of the list even if it was given in jest as her adopted Mother finally showed her true hand in request for another feather. Meaning she suspected they were magical or could be used in alchemicals of some nature. More importantly though she wanted them to break into a vault. A vault owned by the Sorcerer King and while Moxie knew little about magic and kings she knew if she was a king a vault is where she would keep a magic ring.

"Do you have a map!?" Moxie blurted out for surely her cousin must have had a planned route they could use or avoid if he'd managed to pilfer the feather and hide it before getting caught. "If we can get a lay of the vault we can probably get in." The little Ranger added a bit softer. Though the real questioned that gnawed on her mind should they manage to enter the vault was what would a Ring of Wish even look like?

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-12, 01:27 PM
Pitch makes a sound like a rusty, soaked horn. No one's talked to him for a little bit, but full well he understands what the plan is.

Alkerite
2018-10-14, 09:47 PM
"Dear, it's an infinite vault, not even the Sorcerer King himself can create an accurate map... but Aggrus probably does know something about pathing through the labyrinthe... something about teleporting and runes." Truinda shrugged, and beckoned the party inside.

Arzanyos
2018-10-15, 01:39 AM
A second feather? Well, we got one, might as well go for two. Kaervak thinks, listening in on the conversation through his raven. A noise from a differently colored raven reminds him of something, though. Aggrus wasn't the only one on that mission. "Say, White Raven? Which route did you chose the first time? Or was it neither choice at all?"

El'the Ellie
2018-10-15, 08:14 AM
"This all seems vaguely circular..." Terini says in the typical voice of the human woman she stole some time ago, occasionally sprinkled with words from a more elderly elf. "We're going back to the vault to find a feather to pay for supplies to break out a person who was caught doing the exact same thing? We'd better make sure we have a better plan than he did. I'd be interested in hearing from the last group as well. Pitch?"

gabado
2018-10-15, 11:17 AM
"Why don't we steal the whole bird!" Krell jokes to no one in particular. Then, turning to Pitch he asks, "Why only two before? Should we be wary of traveling in such large groups?"

The small Kenku is unused to larger operations, preferring to work alone or with Oto whenever possible.

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-15, 11:51 AM
Pitch nervously mimicks Aggrus's voice, speaking whatever their plan was.

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-16, 12:07 PM
"Found a passage in a catacomb. There's a portal there that leads to vault 17965, strange workahop. Activated portal with key. No way out" he says in varying tones and emotions of Aggrus' voice, some of it warbled as if coming through a portal, the last 3 words in a shouting tone.

gabado
2018-10-16, 12:39 PM
"Found a passage in a catacomb. There's a portal there that leads to vault 17965, strange workahop. Activated portal with key. No way out" he says in varying tones and emotions of Aggrus' voice, some of it warbled as if coming through a portal, the last 3 words in a shouting tone.

"'No way out'?" Krell mimics Pitch's final words adding a heightened note of alarm. "Was this mission a trap? A key to a one way door is no key at all!"

Shimmer
2018-10-17, 09:56 AM
"Do we even still have the key to get in? There must be a way to get out or Aggrus wouldn't have gotten caught down in the catacombs after hiding the feather." Moxie pointed out confident enough that her cousin must have found an alternative escape route though that didn't mean she was any less uneasy. The little tiefling girl shifting back and forth on her heels one hand resting lightly on the wood and horn longbow strapped in it's bowcase between her wings before her hands shift to absentmindedly counting the arrows tucked into the quiver slung from her belt in a nervous tick.

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-18, 12:04 AM
"Hide the key nearby portal," Pitch says in varying tones of Aggrus's voice. "Catacomb not patrolled by sorcerer's men."

Alkerite
2018-10-22, 04:24 PM
Truinda shrugged, smiling at the conversation "I take offense to that, I wouldn't send you on a fool's errand. Especially when I can send you on far more degrading missions that have a tangible benefit to the guild" Truinda teased, stepping aside, and beckoning the party into her laboratory, after the smog cleared out.

gabado
2018-10-22, 07:11 PM
Truinda shrugged, smiling at the conversation "I take offense to that, I wouldn't send you on a fool's errand. Especially when I can send you on far more degrading missions that have a tangible benefit to the guild" Truinda teased, stepping aside, and beckoning the party into her laboratory, after the smog cleared out.

Krell follows her warily, his feathers on end and nerves strained at the thought of further loud noises.

Arzanyos
2018-10-28, 12:40 AM
Satisfied that the smoke had cleared enough, Kaervak hopped down and followed the group into the laboratory. "A one-way door is a door still. We just need to reverse the way." To illustrate his point, he conjured up an small image of an explosion.

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-29, 01:16 AM
Pitch also follows.

some friendly advice: if you're just going to wait for us to all follow the person who's leading us somewhere, then you probably could also just advance it so we're all in there