PDA

View Full Version : Sanctified Mind question

Awakeninfinity
2018-10-05, 01:20 PM
So I was flipping my copy of Lord's of Madness and I came across Sanctified Mind's cleansing strike ability; why does it seem to have extraneous text saying that it is used up for the day when you use it against a non-psionic creature? I would like assume that it was copied & pasted from Smite Evil. But the ability seems to imply that you can use it as often as you want as long as you expend your psionic focus... Is that the correct interpretation?

Sto
2018-10-05, 01:35 PM
I don't have my copy on me at the moment. But it's entirely possible that there was an editing mistake. It might be trying to say that it expends your psionic focus?

Nifft
2018-10-05, 02:37 PM
So I was flipping my copy of Lord's of Madness and I came across Sanctified Mind's cleansing strike ability; why does it seem to have extraneous text saying that it is used up for the day when you use it against a non-psionic creature? I would like assume that it was copied & pasted from Smite Evil. But the ability seems to imply that you can use it as often as you want as long as you expend your psionic focus... Is that the correct interpretation?

I think you are correct, yeah.

Cleansing Strike (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, you can expend your psionic focus to smite a psionics-using creature with one melee attack (including melee touch attacks). You add your Wisdom bonus (if any) to your attack roll and deal an extra 1d6 points of damage per sanctified mind class level. If you smite a creature that does not use psionics, the smite has no effect but the ability is still used up for the day.
Red text should have been removed.