PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Does a globe of invulnerability allow a character to walk through an antilife shell?

holywhippet
2018-10-05, 08:00 PM
The spell description for globe of invulnerability indicates you ignore field effects in your tile if they were produced with a spell of 5 level or lower (or higher depending on what slot you used). But I can't work if it lets you ignore the barrier of an antilife shell.

Phhase
2018-10-05, 08:02 PM
Does it fit the criteria? Does anything make it special?

holywhippet
2018-10-05, 08:13 PM
Does it fit the criteria? Does anything make it special?

The spell description for globe of invulnerability says it works for the tile you are in. But a tile covered by an antilife shell will be a different tile. So I can't work out if it lets you enter that other tile since it isn't technically covered until you enter it.

MaxWilson
2018-10-05, 09:44 PM
The spell description for globe of invulnerability indicates you ignore field effects in your tile if they were produced with a spell of 5 level or lower (or higher depending on what slot you used). But I can't work if it lets you ignore the barrier of an antilife shell.

It doesn't matter. Globe of Invulnerability is immobile.

Tanarii
2018-10-05, 10:07 PM
IMO Yes. If the antilife shell is walked forward so that it overlaps the globe, the part of the barrier that overlaps the globe will not affect the area or creatures within it.

Won't help if the creature with the antilife shell stays away from you though. Since crossing a creature with the shell ends the spell, that's pretty likely unless you get allies on the opposite side, and leave open space for them to (carefully) approach you while you lurk on the far side of the globe from them, luring them in.

Edit: oh yeah, you totally can't move a globe, so your plan won't work.

holywhippet
2018-10-06, 02:05 AM
Huh. I didn't realise it was immobile. OK, thanks.