PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Green quiddity

Ptakub
2018-10-08, 05:57 AM
https://i.imgur.com/uygL8uk.png

It's so tragic, that the green kind of primal divine energy is now completely removed from the universe, isn't it? Let's talk about how...

https://i.imgur.com/E7h66kp.png

Oh, ok, nevermind

woweedd
2018-10-08, 06:08 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/C2ks-zoojuu3ikIumGNBkz7IX_Ao6Rf9TB0J5ByMO_O4iKzRudSI8Lw lG-8KKPJXA-i_TEDcTeXSS33EOoay=w1920-h976

It's so tragic, that the green kind of primal divine energy is now completely removed from the universe, isn't it? Let's talk about how...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/84UydtCxlB9465TQAchM-cxtyhiKysc3pX3pXaK5xcniBxXqZL8Z97fpgGnpk81XkTRnOv9 bebl2L9p1zBSk=w1920-h976

Oh, ok, nevermind
Um...That image isn't showing up. And this better not be about the sword again.

RainbowCloakBun
2018-10-08, 06:21 AM
Um...That image isn't showing up. And this better not be about the sword again.
I don't have any gold yet, but 1 gold says it's either the sword, Z, or a similar green apparition of magic, ignoring the fact that magic colors (unlike pantheon colors) are a chosen thing and not quiddity based. Or Tiamat.

Though 'starmetal' being related to the eastern pantheon's quiddity is something I won't entirely rule out, either. It's plausible and we don't know enough to be sure.

Peelee
2018-10-08, 10:29 AM
I don't have any gold yet, but 1 gold says it's either the sword, Z, or a similar green apparition of magic, ignoring the fact that magic colors (unlike pantheon colors) are a chosen thing and not quiddity based. Or Tiamat.

That's a sucker's bet. No dice.

Quartz
2018-10-08, 10:43 AM
I don't have any gold yet, but 1 gold says it's either the sword, Z, or a similar green apparition of magic,

Z is dead.

Kish
2018-10-08, 01:30 PM
Z is dead.
I think you failed to grasp what's being discussed here.

Ptakub
2018-10-08, 05:47 PM
Roy's sword. I hosted the pictures on Google Drive and used public sharing link, but I guess it's still not accessible. I'll try to do something about this.

And yeah, I'm ready to bet that green color of both Roy's energy and western quiddity will be something important. Or at least Rich will hang some lampshade on it at some occasion.

Remember that green energy of Roy isn't exactly magic and that his sword is made of some mythic starmetal. I really believe that both themes of Roy's green spiritual energy and godly colorful crayons are both too important to not be somehow connected.

@Edit: Switched to imgur, does it work now?

Kish
2018-10-08, 05:54 PM
The picture still doesn't work, no.

It's not impossible that the starmetal has something to do with the Gods of the East, but I doubt it. The aura around Roy and Roy's sword when his sword's powers manifest is green, but it's very distinctly not the same shade of green as the aura around the Gods of the East, and as other people have noted, all kinds of mortal magic have their own colors.

Aidan
2018-10-08, 07:46 PM
The picture still doesn't work, no.

It's not impossible that the starmetal has something to do with the Gods of the East, but I doubt it. The aura around Roy and Roy's sword when his sword's powers manifest is green, but it's very distinctly not the same shade of green as the aura around the Gods of the East, and as other people have noted, all kinds of mortal magic have their own colors.

While I admit that mortal magic colors is seemingly unrelated to the divine colors, what myself and others argue is that there is some evidence to suggest that the sword is not "mortal" magic. Being unknown in nature thinking that the Starmetal is divine in nature isn't the worst theory.

I just find it hard to believe that the very significant, magic sword that glows green is unrelated to the deceased, important gods, who had a green aura.

pendejochy
2018-10-08, 07:47 PM
The color of the auras of magical items/spells isn't indicative of their quiddity. A yellow god can make a sword that glows red, black, white, blue, or whatever else.

Although, it could theoretically be possible that green quiddity could be recreated the same way the Dark One's ascension created purple quiddity, although it is an extremely small possibility.

Rrmcklin
2018-10-08, 07:49 PM
While I admit that mortal magic colors is seemingly unrelated to the divine colors, what myself and others argue is that there is some evidence to suggest that the sword is not "mortal" magic. Being unknown in nature thinking that the Starmetal is divine in nature isn't the worst theory.

I just find it hard to believe that the very significant, magic sword that glows green is unrelated to the deceased, important gods, who had a green aura.

I mean, I can get that, but I also get that the two greens are not the same. If he wanted to go "this is the Eastern gods quiddity" he probably actually make it look like the Eastern gods quiddity.

I am not sure what's hard to understand about that. Also, quiddity and magic are not the same thing, and nothing Thor has said implies they actually are.

Peelee
2018-10-08, 08:15 PM

The green aura from the green-hilted sword carried by a guy named Greenhilt, which is a different green from the gods? That green aura?

MartianInvader
2018-10-08, 08:33 PM
The green aura from the green-hilted sword carried by a guy named Greenhilt, which is a different green from the gods? That green aura?
In-comic it was stated that glowing green is a property of starmetal. So the fact that Roy's family color is green is just a coincidence.

That said, the fact that it glows a different shade of green than the Eastern gods makes it hard to believe that Starmetal is actually chunks of Olympus.

factotum
2018-10-08, 08:40 PM
That said, the fact that it glows a different shade of green than the Eastern gods makes it hard to believe that Starmetal is actually chunks of Olympus.

I don't think it could be chunks of Olympus regardless. If Olympus exists in-universe then it would be on the Outer Planes, where all the Gods live--it wouldn't be part of the world the Snarl destroyed.

Aidan
2018-10-08, 11:22 PM

Y'know I'll admit that I don't think that the similarity is a confirmation of any sort, but if I have learned anything while reading this comic, it's that small, seemingly irrelevant details can have a bigger role. It's a really shakey theory, but it is possible.

Mic_128
2018-10-08, 11:27 PM
In-comic it was stated that glowing green is a property of starmetal. So the fact that Roy's family color is green is just a coincidence.

Maybe if it was the first world created to trap the snarl. But it's something like the millionth. That anything existed of the Pantheon's creations after they themselves were unmade hundreds of thousands of worlds ago, no.

RatElemental
2018-10-08, 11:41 PM
I place this theory about on the same footing as the one that Mr. Scruffy is actually a polymorphed Serini, and the one that Therkla was Redcloak's niece.

Peelee
2018-10-08, 11:58 PM
Y'know I'll admit that I don't think that the similarity is a confirmation of any sort, but if I have learned anything while reading this comic, it's that small, seemingly irrelevant details can have a bigger role. It's a really shakey theory, but it is possible.

Oh, it's absolutely possible. I just don't think it's plausible.

Bad Wolf
2018-10-09, 01:31 AM
If that was true, this comic series would've been solved a while ago by Thor sending messengers asking to borrow Roy's sword for a bit. Neither of them (Durkon or Roy) would object.

factotum
2018-10-09, 02:39 AM
Yes, the theory does rather rely on the Gods themselves being somehow unaware of Roy's sword and its abilities, or to have failed to notice Starmetal in any of the millions of worlds they created.