PDA

View Full Version : The Best Rogue Variant?

RedneckMonkey
2018-10-08, 07:27 AM
Adventurer

The rogue who favors martial training over stealth and cunning can profit if she chooses her fights carefully.

This variant simply swaps one or more of a class's features for one or more class features of another class. A class feature gained works just as it did for its original class, including the level at which it is gained and any other effects, except as noted below.

Lose: Sneak attack.

Gain: Bonus feats (as*fighter).

I came across this Variant while looking over possible Rogue Variants for a gestalt game. Now if I'm reading this right, then with the exception of the Fighter Bonus Feats, then you are able to exchange any of the Special Abilities of the Rogue for another Class's. For instance, swapping the Rogue's Trapfinding ability for the Monk's Improved Unarmed Strike ability or even their Flurry of Blows. Am I reading/interpreting this right?? Is this a bit broken??

Goaty14
2018-10-08, 07:38 AM
Adventurer

The rogue who favors martial training over stealth and cunning can profit if she chooses her fights carefully.

This variant simply swaps one or more of a class's features for one or more class features of another class. A class feature gained works just as it did for its original class, including the level at which it is gained and any other effects, except as noted below.

Lose: Sneak attack.

Gain: Bonus feats (as*fighter).

I came across this Variant while looking over possible Rogue Variants for a gestalt game. Now if I'm reading this right, then with the exception of the Fighter Bonus Feats, then you are able to exchange any of the Special Abilities of the Rogue for another Class's. For instance, swapping the Rogue's Trapfinding ability for the Monk's Improved Unarmed Strike ability or even their Flurry of Blows. Am I reading/interpreting this right?? Is this a bit broken??

This variant specifically only trades Sneak Attack for Fighter Bonus feats (depends on your build, but sneak attack is better in the long run).

You can't swap class features in the way that you're describing though. I mean, you could try, but any attempt would be purely homebrew and up to the DM whether or not you could use it.