PDA

View Full Version : 3.X - Feats for Skill Bonuses?

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-10-08, 04:42 PM
Is there a list of feats out there of all the +2/+2 bonuses, like Acrobatic, as well as their sources? Other skill bonuses would be nice, as well. I'd go to DndXXXXs, but I don't feel much like wading through hundreds of feats if I don't have to.

Also, why in the name of Bahamut didn't they just write up one feat that says, "Choose two skills. You gain a +2 bonus on those skills, and those skills now always count as class skills for you. You may take this feat more than once, applying it to a different combination of skills"?

There's also Skill Focus and Epic Skill Focus. Any other feats for someone wanting to spend lots of feat resources on boosting skill checks?

HouseRules
2018-10-08, 05:12 PM
From the SRD

FeatFirst SkillSecond Skill
AcrobatJump (STR)Tumble (DEX)
AgileBalance (DEX)Escape Artist (DEX)
AlertnessListen (WIS)Spot (WIS)
Animal AffinityHandle Animal (WIS)Ride (DEX)
AthleticClimb (STR)Swim (STR)
DeceitfulDisguise (INT)Forgery (INT)
Deft HandsSlight of Hand (DEX)Use Rope (DEX)
DiligentAppraise (INT)Decipher Script (INT)
InvestigatorGather Information (WIS)Search (WIS)
Magical AptitudeSpellCraft (INT)Use Magic Device (CHA)
*Psionic Aptitude*PsionicCraft (INT)*Use Psionic Device (CHA)
NegotiatorDiplomacy (WIS)Sense Motive (WIS)
Nimble FingersDisable Device (DEX)Open Lock (DEX)
PersuasiveBluff (CHA)Intimidate (CHA)
Self-SufficientHeal (WIS)Survival (WIS)
StealthyHide (DEX)Move Silently (DEX)

*Psionic Aptitude is my house rules.
*PsionicCraft is my house rules.
*Use Psionic Device is my house rules.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-10-08, 05:13 PM
Got anything outside the PHB?

daremetoidareyo
2018-10-08, 05:13 PM
In my sig, there are skill handbooks for specific skills

Thurbane
2018-10-08, 05:20 PM
I know there's a few in other books, specifically PGtF and the FR campaign book, from memory. Maybe OA as well.

Zaq
2018-10-08, 11:06 PM
The Truenamer guide in my sig has a (probably partial) list of feats that give bonuses to arbitrary skills, since that's about the only way to get a bonus to Truespeak.

Based on your criteria, you may be particularly interested in Focused Skill User and Psymbiot.

Glimbur
2018-10-09, 08:51 AM
Shape Soulmeld from Magic of Incarnum gives access to any one soulmeld, many of which offer skill bonuses when shaped. Probably there is a handbook somewhere for this.

tiercel
2018-10-09, 07:34 PM
Shape Soulmeld from Magic of Incarnum gives access to any one soulmeld, many of which offer skill bonuses when shaped. Probably there is a handbook somewhere for this.

Yup. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?321557-The-World-in-One-Feat-A-Shape-Soulmeld-Handbook)

There are, of course, skill-boosting spells (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?142047-Spells-that-give-bonus-to-Skill-checks)— which means, at least indirectly, anything that boosts UMD could wind up boosting other skills, by enabling use/items of such spells.

There are a number of items as well, including (if psionics are on the table) one-shot bonuses from crystal shards (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#shards), for starters.

It’s also worth noting that the Martial Study feat (Tome of Battle) — as well as the aforementioned Apprentice feat from DMG II — adds skills as class skills. (And Martial Study also gives you a maneuver to boot.)

RedWarlock
2018-10-09, 08:06 PM
From the SRD
*Psionic Aptitude is my house rules.
*PsionicCraft is my house rules.
*Use Psionic Device is my house rules.

Not quite:

Psionic Affinity [General]
You have a knack for psionic endeavors.

Benefit
You get a +2 bonus on all Psicraft checks and Use Psionic Device checks.

HouseRules
2018-10-09, 08:35 PM
Clearly, those two skills, and the feat exist outside of the SRD. I took the list off of the SRD, but did not bother looking through the books at that time I made the list.

Trying to thinking within the larger box (outside the smaller box) by expanding symmetrical aspects will always reinvent the wheel.

RedWarlock
2018-10-09, 08:41 PM
Clearly, those two skills, and the feat exist outside of the SRD. I took the list off of the SRD, but did not bother looking through the books at that time I made the list.

Trying to thinking within the larger box (outside the smaller box) by expanding symmetrical aspects will always reinvent the wheel.

It’s in the SRD, actually, but you might’ve missed it. Psionic rules are just in their own portion.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#psionicAffinity