PDA

View Full Version : Guessing How things could go down

Geordnet
2018-10-08, 07:07 PM
So, here's my prediction for some of the endgame plot:

The ritual is completed successfully.
Xykon realizes he's been duped, and destroys the gate before Redcloak can crush his phylacrity.
Redcloak realizes that if the world is destroyed, the Dark One will not be able to participate in creating the new world, and any attempt to interject himself will result in the creation of a second snarl.
The rifts get sealed just in the nick of time.

Now, this still leaves a ton of plot threads unresolved, but I think that it's possible that it will happen within a larger framework. What do you think?

Rrmcklin
2018-10-08, 07:27 PM
I don't really have much to say besides your point 3 doesn't make any sense.

Bacon Elemental
2018-10-08, 08:14 PM
I don't really have much to say besides your point 3 doesn't make any sense.

I presume Geord means that the other gods are unlikely to cooperate with TDO in all the ways that would be required for his goblin utopia/domination (delete as applicable when confirmed) objective?

Geordnet
2018-10-08, 10:13 PM
I presume Geord means that the other gods are unlikely to cooperate with TDO in all the ways that would be required for his goblin utopia/domination (delete as applicable when confirmed) objective?

I mean that with no established means of communication, the other gods couldn't let the Dark One in on the process even if they wanted to. And I doubt they're going to let the snarl remain loose for however long it takes to establish safe contact.