PDA

View Full Version : Dragon sorcerer MCing into Warlock

Aleister VII
2018-10-09, 10:51 AM
So the idea is starting as a dragon sorcerer to get the armorless AC then MCing into warlock to get Eldritch blast as the main source of damage, then some invocations to customize the build but I'm not sure of where to go after that x.x

Perhaps more sorcerer levels to get meta magics and spell slots? One or maybe more levels of warlock to get pact of the Tome and ritual casting? Or maybe MCing into bard to become a skill monkey?

So far I'm thinking in being a hard to kill eldritch blaster with utility spells/rituals, I also like temp. HP stuffs like fiendish vigor and Armor of Agathys but that may be pointless since I'll be ranged so it's unlike that I'll get hit

sophontteks
2018-10-09, 10:58 AM
Warlocks get light armor, so the unarmored AC from draconic is only netting you 1 AC. That's probably not worth putting all your warlock stuff behind a level on its own.

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-09, 11:09 AM
If you plan on being a ranged blaster with utility, I'd stick with what sophontteks said and just ditch the Sorcerer. Sorcerer's good if you want versatility in combat, but an Eldritch Blaster's going to be doing the same thing in battle for the next 19 levels.

If you want survivability, I'd recommend just picking up the knockback invocation for your Eldritch Blast, and for utility, grabbing the Ritual Tome or Disguise Self invocations. It's hard to beat "get every ritual spell in the game"(There's 36) or "I look like anyone I want, always"(Great with the Actor feat) when it comes to utility.