PDA

View Full Version : [Teamwork] Feats

rferries
2018-10-09, 01:13 PM
I'm underwhelmed by the existing Teamwork feats, to say the least. These are probably too powerful, though... I'm aiming to make them an attractive investment, regardless of each character's class and build.

Team Spellcaster [Teamwork]
You fulfill the magical needs of your party.

Prerequisites
Caster level 1st, Iron Will.

Benefits
Whenever one of your allies with a [Teamwork] feat is within 30 feet of you and makes a Will save, they may use your base Will save bonus or their own (whichever is greater).

You gain a +1 bonus to your caster level for each ally within 30 feet that possesses a [Teamwork] feat.

Team Trickster [Teamwork]
Your party can always count on your skill and subtlety.

Prerequisites
Dexterity 12, Lightning Reflexes.

Benefits
Whenever one of your allies with a [Teamwork] feat is within 30 feet of you and makes a Reflex save, they may use your base Reflex save bonus or their own (whichever is greater).

You gain a +2 bonus on skill checks for each ally within 30 feet that possesses a [Teamwork] feat.

Team Warrior [Teamwork]
You are the backbone of your party.

Prerequisites
Base attack bonus +1, Great Fortitude.

Benefits
Whenever one of your allies with a [Teamwork] feat is within 30 feet of you and makes a Fortitude save, they may use your base Fortitude save bonus or their own (whichever is greater).

You gain a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls for each ally within 30 feet that possesses a [Teamwork] feat.

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-09, 01:19 PM
What's the point of the Team Trickster prerequisite? Is there a circumstance where you wouldn't be eligible for that feat? Or is it saying that you can only pick that feat if you are EXACTLY level 1?

ngilop
2018-10-09, 01:23 PM
I like these.

I do feel they are a bit strong.

I would require a prereq feat of the appropriate saving throw ( Iron Will for casters, Great Fortitude for warrior, and Lightning Reflexes for tricksters)

The gaining a bonus for every teammate who has teamwork bonuses is a bit much or lacking depending on which feat. the +1 caster level is crazy good, while getting +1 to a skill point is lackluster. +1 to attack and damage is almost decent, I would rather +1 dodge to AC and +1 to damage myself.

But those are just my thoughts.

rferries
2018-10-09, 01:35 PM
What's the point of the Team Trickster prerequisite? Is there a circumstance where you wouldn't be eligible for that feat? Or is it saying that you can only pick that feat if you are EXACTLY level 1?

Haha whoops, that's an oversight on my part. Edited prerequisites now.

I like these.

I do feel they are a bit strong.

I would require a prereq feat of the appropriate saving throw ( Iron Will for casters, Great Fortitude for warrior, and Lightning Reflexes for tricksters)

The gaining a bonus for every teammate who has teamwork bonuses is a bit much or lacking depending on which feat. the +1 caster level is crazy good, while getting +1 to a skill point is lackluster. +1 to attack and damage is almost decent, I would rather +1 dodge to AC and +1 to damage myself.

But those are just my thoughts.

Thanks for the comments! Increased the prerequisites (a feat tax for the character herself, but at least it boosts the save bonus she lends to others), and buffed the skill bonus to +2. Dodge feels more like a Trickster benefit than a Warrior benefit though, so if the skill bonus is still insufficient I'll add in dodge too.

MoleMage
2018-10-09, 02:37 PM
I like how you wrote these to require any ally with a [Teamwork] feat rather than specific [Teamwork] feats. My experience has been that most of the teamwork feats only benefit one of the people who pay the feat cost to get it. Rewriting a lot of those so that any [Teamwork] feat allows you to trigger the benefits would do a lot to make them worthwhile.

rferries
2018-10-09, 03:52 PM
I like how you wrote these to require any ally with a [Teamwork] feat rather than specific [Teamwork] feats. My experience has been that most of the teamwork feats only benefit one of the people who pay the feat cost to get it. Rewriting a lot of those so that any [Teamwork] feat allows you to trigger the benefits would do a lot to make them worthwhile.

Exactly! Most of the current Teamwork feats are too niche or require specific builds, hopefully these are more general both in application and in synergy.