PDA

View Full Version : Forum Game: Post your character for community feedback

Protato
2018-10-09, 05:25 PM
Hello, this is an attempt to make a forum game a la the 1001 Homebrew Magic Items thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?553969-1001-Homebrew-Magic-Items) and similar. The game is simple, post a character you've built with their name and/or backstory, the next person to enter the thread gives feedback on your character, and then posts theirs for feedback. With that out of the way, here's my newest character concept and I hope she seems likable and effective!

Chets Sigali, my newest character, is a Level 2 Revised Spell-Less Ranger, Kessig Human from Planeshift but with Tough and not Sure-Footed. Stats are 13Str/16Dex/16Con/12Int/16Wis/14Chr and they were rolled with 4d6 drop lowest roll but reroll 1s. Next level she should be going Gloomstalker since she's going to be in a game fighting Drow and the darkvision is good to have, and for right now her Favored Enemies are Humanoid and Beast, to fight soldiers and dinosaur mounts she might face. Disarming Attack and Precise Attack are her Maneuvers, the former for general usefulness and the latter to have a decent debuff. Fighting Style is Dueling to be used with her Rapier. Right now I'm planning to take Alert and Level 4 and then go up to Level 5 but I'm unsure of what to do next. Fighter up to Level 4 and take Battlemaster for more Maneuvers but delay Iron Mind? Take Blademaster UA Feat if allowed and Shield Master or an ASI?

With build out of the way, her backstory isn't too complicated. She was raised by her aunt since her parents weren't around and she learned to ride horses and steer wagons, until her aunt died at 16. By 17, she saved enough money from giving wagon rides to join a mercenary group, and five years on she was trained as a scout, and later caught the attention of her nation's King before being sent on a mission to unite several kingdoms to face an invading Drow empire. Not too complex but I think it works for her.