PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Optimizing Sunbeam Spiderfleck

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-09, 06:35 PM
Hey everybody. In the past, I play a lesser Drow, a gnome and a human. So I'm thinking of playing a Killoren Fighter. Here's his sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1686485 So anyway. I use dices for his stats. My plan is to use Power Attack and dish major damage with his greats word. I use longbow to for distance. There isn't any useful prestige class for Sunbeam. I might multiclass his for maybe a Ranger for choosing Orcs as his favoured enemy. So what do you of my character. Any advice is appreciated.

daremetoidareyo
2018-10-09, 10:14 PM
This will take your guy in a different direction.

Killoren are the fey type, and they natively have a Smite attack that works with ranged attacks that I believe keys off of charisma. This comports well with the Charming the Arrow feat in the Fay feature wotc archives online. That switches your ranged attack rolls with bows to use your charisma score.

With the right armor, that means you can dump your dexterity.

I would check the X stat to Y bonus guide to determine if you can get Charisma synergy on melee attacks with your two handed sword. That may wind up pushing you towards a paladin or a variant Paladin. Or who knows, battle dancer?

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-10, 05:47 PM
This will take your guy in a different direction.

Killoren are the fey type, and they natively have a Smite attack that works with ranged attacks that I believe keys off of charisma. This comports well with the Charming the Arrow feat in the Fay feature wotc archives online. That switches your ranged attack rolls with bows to use your charisma score.

With the right armor, that means you can dump your dexterity.

I would check the X stat to Y bonus guide to determine if you can get Charisma synergy on melee attacks with your two handed sword. That may wind up pushing you towards a paladin or a variant Paladin. Or who knows, battle dancer?
Cool. Thank you. :smile:

weckar
2018-10-11, 11:07 PM
Question 1 is how long you intent to stay in fighter. The normal number of levels is 1, 2 or 6. Anything beyond that is usually wasted, as it any number in between.
Next, what do you want to in the end be able to do? Ranged combat and melee combat are very different paths that require different investments.
Finally, what do you do when there is no combat going? It is fine to be passive and just make strength checks when asked, but that kind of has to be a conscious decision. Otherwise, what out of combat skills/abilities would you like to have? Do you want versatility from some other place? There are many 3/4BAB classes that taken for just a few levels can greatly improve your versatility (and only lose 1 BAB doing it).

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-11, 11:27 PM
Question 1 is how long you intent to stay in fighter. The normal number of levels is 1, 2 or 6. Anything beyond that is usually wasted, as it any number in between.
Next, what do you want to in the end be able to do? Ranged combat and melee combat are very different paths that require different investments.
Finally, what do you do when there is no combat going? It is fine to be passive and just make strength checks when asked, but that kind of has to be a conscious decision. Otherwise, what out of combat skills/abilities would you like to have? Do you want versatility from some other place? There are many 3/4BAB classes that taken for just a few levels can greatly improve your versatility (and only lose 1 BAB doing it).
Well as I said before I might multiclass Sunbeam to Ranger.

weckar
2018-10-12, 09:48 PM
Sure, but what do you want to achieve with that? Always think in whys.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-12, 09:55 PM
Sure, but what do you want to achieve with that? Always think in whys.

I don't know. Maybe with more combat options. :confused:

weckar
2018-10-13, 12:33 AM
You're asking for optimization advice without telling us what you want to optimize or for what goal you want your character optimized. It is really difficult to help you this way, I am sorry.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-13, 04:17 AM
You're asking for optimization advice without telling us what you want to optimize or for what goal you want your character optimized. It is really difficult to help you this way, I am sorry.

I really want to make a character that dish major damage with high Strength and also protect him from spells.

noob
2018-10-13, 05:16 AM
I really want to make a character that dish major damage with high Strength and also protect him from spells.

Paladin(there is a variant for every alignement) or a prc that gives divine grace for protecting itself against spells?
Then for the major damage aspect a dip in the right variant of barbarian or initiating classes or travel devotion shenanigans for move + full round attack can work.
You might instead have only full bab classes except for a single dip in martial wizard chained with 5 levels in abjurant champion and use the capstone for possibly having ninth level spells and 17 bab at level 18.(only 6 levels in this case are fixed and all the other levels can be in any full bab classes so you can for example go barbarian 2 fighter 2 crusader 2 champion of unpronounceable good guy 4 for the divine grace and other full bab classes like that)