PDA

View Full Version : What Was one of the Stangest characters You Or Someone else made/played

brenilla1919
2018-10-09, 10:09 PM
I saw some weird ones and i decided to ask some random internet peoples.
so What Is Some of the Weird, Bizzar, or kookie characters you or others you made.
and tell me about them.

Art?

The Glyphstone
2018-10-09, 11:56 PM
Weirdest character I ever played was a homebrewed creature that was, essentially, a Far Realms native summoned to the normal world and bound into a humanoid form. It was the closest to a truly alien mindset I've ever gotten to do, characterized largely by its inability to conceptualize plural nouns. Everything was expressed as a singular entity of some kind, leading to one of the other players saying I had Uncommon as a native language.

Arbane
2018-10-10, 02:40 AM
In a Ninjas and Superspies (old Palladium supers) game, I played a 6-year-old kid with an invisible not-so-imaginary friend. (It was eight feet tall, was furry, had three eyes and horns, and was named 'Herbert'.)
In an oddball BRP modern-day game a friend ran, I played a stoner metalhead with divination skills. (Like dowsing and such.)
Same GM, GURPS this time: I played a talking dog who could teleport. One other PC was The Farmer - basically a blue-collar version of The Doctor, with a shovel instead of a sonic screwdriver.
Same GM, very silly game: I played Yoshi, Freelance Ninja! Who was basically Max from "Sam and Max, Freelance Police" (a recklessly violent cartoon rabbit), only with black fur (due to a sprayed-on layer of Rustoleum), and armed with a katana. He sent some alien horror's hivemind into shock by biting one's head off.
In Nobilis, I played the Power of Procrastination, who was immortal because he kept putting off aging.

Not ones I've actually seen personally, but the legends of The Invincible Hammer-Wheel (https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?278110-necro-I-think-its-time-for-a-World-s-Worst-Player-Character-Concepts-Thread!&p=6195301#post6195301) and Bjorn the Zombie Viking (https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?278110-necro-I-think-its-time-for-a-World-s-Worst-Player-Character-Concepts-Thread!&p=6115191#post6115191) must live on.

Andor13
2018-10-10, 06:00 PM
In a friends homebrew superhero game I played Mr. Depressing who was suicidal and invulnerable. He met the party by throwing himself in front of their van.

In Hero you can buy Luck, which is a tendency for things to go right when you have a bad day, and Unluck which is a tendency for them to go badly when you're having a good day. I made a character who maxed out both and had a psych-lim "Will not plan." He just knew better than to think you could predict an outcome. Never got to play him, sadly.

GunDragon
2018-10-10, 11:32 PM
The weirdest character I ever played was many years ago at the butt-end of a Pathfinder campaign. My original character in that campaign was a dwarf fighter who was super boring and I missed a lot of sessions with him so I stopped playing him to make a new character for the final session.
The heroic party was going up against an evil cult and it was almost time for the final showdown against their dark leader. They were all 20th level and ready for action. My new character was an Elf Cleric who defected from the enemy cult and was literally a crazy person. Chaos was one of his domains. The other was Earth. So my new character was introduced into the campaign by my old dwarf character exploding in a shower of gore (GM's idea, not mine) and out from the ashes, smoke, and blood came my new character. This was on my birthday and I was insanely drunk so I don't remember much but I do remember the other players saying I played an insane character rather well.

TeChameleon
2018-10-11, 12:24 AM
The character that eventually ended up becoming one of my strangest was an utterly bog-standard pyromancer blaster wizard at the start, with a mildly crappy childhood and a chip on his shoulder.

Since that rather low-key beginning, he has... lesse.

1) Inadvertently created the franchise restaurant as a concept in that world

2) Turned the surviving good-aligned lands of an entire hemisphere into a floating continent that's pretty close to an earthly paradise

3) Drowned Orcus (when a significant chunk of the landscape that you were on your way to conquer just kind of leaves, the resultant mile-high tidal waves are gonna be a bit rough on anyone in their way, god or not)

4) Founded what eventually became the premiere magic school in the world, with graduates in virtually every court on the continent

5) Become the single greatest authority on planar travel in the Prime Material (mostly by being the only authority, but whatever)

6) Performed one the furthest-reaching acts of info-warfare in the history of the world when he used a Wish to telepathically out an emperor as a regi-, patri-, and fratricide.

7) Invented time travel

I know, so far, so Mary Sue, although in my defense, I didn't actually mean to get most of these results- the only one that was the result of a deliberate plan was #2 (and #3, sorta, although that was more a side-effect). However, things went a bit weirder after the invention of time travel...

8) Accidentally created (most of?) the local pantheon, then refused to join on general principles (to paraphrase Groucho Marx, "I wouldn't be part of any pantheon that would have me as a member")

9) Retroactively drove the entirety of the elven species slightly insane via paradox

10) Recreated space travel (homebrew world, lost 'golden age' of hightechnology/magitech) via elemental airship

11) Became his own (great- times Ihavenoidea) grandpa

12) Accidentally created a permanent Somebody Else' Problem field around himself and the rest of the party/the party's airship

13) Interfered in his own past to create a stable time loop

14) Gave Orcus PTSD

15) Eventually ended up as basically Gandalf for the groups' new characters.

16) Made Tiamat eat her own head

Ken Murikumo
2018-10-11, 01:43 PM
Currently playing in quadstalt pathfinder game. My character is a warforged artificer (among other things). Quick backstory is he was human a few centuries ago. He got old and didn't want to die so he used some very questionable means to create a new body and transfer consciousness. Because he was human he still has a vibrant and emotional personality, which unsettles the people around him. Also, because he is an artificer, he created a very well sculpted homunculus (in the shape of a porcelain doll) as his daughter. First session it "wasnt ready yet" so he kept it in a finely crafted wooden box that he would talk to. Eventually one of the players asked what it was and I simply replied, "my daughter". Even the DM stopped and stared because nobody was ready for that response.

Wraith
2018-10-11, 01:59 PM
Weirdest character I ever played.... a sentient polar bear who wore Powered Armour Gauntlets and at least once had a successful fist-fight against a hum-vee after hitting it's driver with a car. As in, he picked up the car and hit the drive with it. After the Bomb is pretty weird.

Weirdest character that I ever designed.... One of the two was another After The Bomb character - a sentient camel who, for various mechanical reasons, was the size of a Jack Russel terrier, but was an immensely powerful psychic to the point where he constantly hovered 3 feet off the ground as his means of perambulation, and had the mental strength necessary to crush a car into something roughly the size of a showbox.

The other weird guy was a deadEarth character (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?278275-deadEarth-A-Post-Apocalyptic-Let-s-Play-(Almost)) who started out as just a normal middle-aged human being who, after being hit with a dose of radiation; developed a hunchback, spontaneously became a eunuch, could give you literal cancer just by looking at you funny, innately stole experience points off the rest of the party, and by profession was a mad scientist whose only ambition in life was to build an army of Terminator-style cyborgs. All through the magic of random character generation.

Knaight
2018-10-12, 05:36 AM
I have a few, but I'm mostly posting because of a new one today. I ran a comedy dungeon crawl one shot, where the PCs were hired freelance quality inspectors hired to explore a model dungeon made by an unknown but cheap dungeon design group, provide their appraisal as professional adventurers*, and help the dubious bank hiring them to investigate a guarded vault far away from civilization decide whether or not to purchase a dungeon. This was never going to produce straightforward characters, they were always going to be ridiculous, and I didn't see the five giant spiders stacked on top of each other wearing a wizard robe coming.

It being a ridiculous comedy game, five spiders stacked on top of each other in a wizard robe was fine. So was those five spiders actually being a decent wizard**. On top of that, the way the system worked was that each player picked a class, race, and dungeon-builder training category ahead of time, each of which got three skills which were filled out in play. Items were finalized with skills, and every item finalized made the character more ridiculous. There was a scry skill, which would usually get a mirror, crystal ball, or viewing bowl. SPIDER5*** got a marble bag full of tiny crystal balls. These would be followed by a set of 20 tiny wands, 20 tiny climbing picks, and various other ridiculous miscellany.

*Read: The schmucks who couldn't get hired for any less pathetic quest, uniquely qualified for this one because they'd all either flunked out of dungeon design training or been fired as subcontractors for the high end, high competence dungeon design organization that notably wasn't going to appear anywhere near the one shot.

**In the context of schmucks who wouldn't get hired for any less pathetic quest. Decent, not particularly impressive, definitely not real adventurer material, but good enough.

***Pronounced "spiders".