PDA

View Full Version : Music in games

Shadowbane13
2018-10-10, 07:20 AM
Ok so I know this isn't exactly restricted to 5e but are there any like free or cheap ways to play music through maybe discord or something for online playing? I know roll20 has like a pandora version in it but you need everyone signed in and in a server. Are there any other options?

hymer
2018-10-10, 07:38 AM
Can you link to relevant music, maybe?

NockSchlockJock
2018-10-10, 08:59 AM
Ok so I know this isn't exactly restricted to 5e but are there any like free or cheap ways to play music through maybe discord or something for online playing? I know roll20 has like a pandora version in it but you need everyone signed in and in a server. Are there any other options?

We as a group use Dynobot: dynobot.net

It adds the bot as an extra member of the Discord voice channel playing queued music. There are a few commands users can enter into chat to control it, and you can link to Youtube etc, supports playlists & some other bits.

We have had our problems with it, but generally is decent. There are other alternatives others I know use but can't speak for personally.

As for music, Youtube is full of fantasy/atmospheric musical pieces, I tend to use the Rimworld soundtrack as it generates the kind of feel I'm looking for, or covers/instrumentals of songs I like.