PDA

View Full Version : Optimization AoO Lockdown Crusader + Bard

Praeceptum
2018-10-11, 02:10 PM
Hello everyone! I've been hanging around this forum quite a lot but I've never been posting, so I'm one of the new folks!

I've been playing d&d 3.5 for 6+ years so I'm quite into the depth of the game, roleplay/mechanic-wise.

I am about to change my character for a new one, and as the title announces, it will be a first liner (coming from years and years of playing Wizards)

My actual Idea is to have someone dedicated to AoO's and TRIPPING (Spiked Chain, Thicket of Blades, Defensive Rebuke and some other lovely stances/manuevers).
Also if the karma will be good on me, I will be able to have a decent Charisma and finally play it as a military Leader who inspires and motivates the others. :smallcool:
That's when I thought about the Bard and his Inspire Courage and the Song of the White Raven feat.

All I am asking is some tips and hints on how to build it.

Level: 9
Race: Goliath (can be anything but don't need cheesy stuff like Half-Ogre - Half-Minotaur abomination, let's keep it simple) :)
Class: Crusader - Bard (something else can be added, but would like to stick to that if possible. If you urge to add something else, simply explain why)
Attributes: Still need to be rolled, but let's not take these into consideration
Flaws: 2 Allowed
BaB: Possibly as high as possible

Sources allowed: Everything but Psionics

A build throughout all the 20 levels would be great. Also a layout like the following would be appreciated:

(example):
Flaw 1: (insert feat)
Flaw 2: (insert feat)
Bard 1 -
Bard 2 -
Bard 3 -
Bard 4 - insert feat
Crusader 1
Crusader 2
and so on...

Thanks!

Praeceptum
2018-10-25, 05:33 PM
Bump!

Anyone alive?

OgresAreCute
2018-10-26, 08:07 AM
I believe the usual entry to Bardsader is to go Bard 4, then slap on the Crusader levels afterwards. That way you start at IL 3 and can take 2nd level maneuvers and stances. Going for both tripping and inspiring can quickly become very feat intensive (tripping you at least want Combat Expertise/Improved Trip/EWP: Spiked Chain) and for Inspiring you will want things like Dragonfire Inspiration, Song of the Heart, Words of Creation (warning: high lactose), etc. You'll also want the Badge of Valor from the Magic Item Compendium and the Swift Inspiration spell (don't remember what book it's from). Flaws will help with the feat hunger, and you might want to go a race that gets bonus feats like Human. If you're interested in templates you can look at Half-Dragon since it can change the energy type of your Dragonfire Inspiration. You might also want to get a Crystal Echoblade (again, from Magic Item Compendium) as your weapon.