PDA

View Full Version : Help with my cleric

Gryphkorval
2018-10-11, 06:15 PM
Alright so I started my current game as a celestial lock with a planned cleric dip for fun and flavor. Due to roleplay and conflicts between my chaotic lock and the lawful patrons increasingly stifling requests, he was trying to force me into lawful good, and we'll roleplay happened and my lock got out of their pact. As a penalty I lost my four lock levels. So now I'm a level 3 life cleric with a high wis and cha build suggestions?

ATHATH
2018-10-11, 06:17 PM
Wait, you've lost all of your Warlock levels and are now 4 levels behind the rest of the party (across a tier divide, no less)?!

Gryphkorval
2018-10-11, 06:20 PM
Yep the dms being pretty cool about leveling me up faster (I gained one in the session the pact went away) as far as the level loss goes that's how the rp went. Happens it was honestly a fun session.

CTurbo
2018-10-11, 06:50 PM
Tell us about your character. Race? Stats? Etc...

Keravath
2018-10-11, 07:44 PM
Divine soul sorcerer? :) ... but this time pick a chaotic god to be descended from.

Or maybe you could have become such a pain for your previous celestial patron that he passed you off to one that is a bit more compatible [maybe your previous patron just hasn't told you yet as a punishment ... until your new patron who holds your pact comes along and tugs your chain]. Not all celestials have to be lawful ... though I suspect most are good.

Following up on the divine theme you seem to have going might be worth continuing since the character seems to be based around it.

Alternatively, you could just go pure cleric.

Gryphkorval
2018-10-11, 11:58 PM
Half elf with 14 Dex 12 con 15 wis and 18 cha and yeah pure cleric is a thing i've considered just feels a waste to have all that charisma and never use it

ImproperJustice
2018-10-12, 12:30 AM
Seriously, maybe check with your GM about rolling into a Divine Soul or grabbing a Celestial Lock Patron?

If none of those are an option, yeesh.
Life Cleric tends to be a heavy armor melee type and you seem to be more of the Light Caster / Skirmisher type.

On the upside, Life Cleric heals well with your domain spells packed in. Try to focus on spells that don’t require saves as much, and grab inspiring leader at some point to make use of that Charisma.

CTurbo
2018-10-12, 02:00 AM
+1 for Divine Soul Sorcerer
+1 for Inspiring Leader

Citan
2018-10-12, 04:27 AM
+1 for Divine Soul Sorcerer
+1 for Inspiring Leader
+1 to that. :smallbiggrin:

CTurbo
2018-10-12, 05:58 AM
I got it! Switch to Tempest Cleric and go Storm Sorcerer! Be the blastiest blaster that ever blasted!

Toofey
2018-10-12, 06:21 AM
Since you're a life cleric I assume you have the Strength to go Paladin. It's a really nice fit with life cleric. Go Pali till multiattack and stay life cleric the rest.

Gryphkorval
2018-10-12, 10:08 AM
Good thoughts all though my clerics diety does not have storm in her portfolio sadly I have all of ten str since my cleric dip was ment to make my healing spells count when I had to use them.

Accy_Sevin
2018-10-12, 10:39 AM
Lore Bard to represent the "forbidden" knowledge you snagged while a warlock. Spell secrets to grab some of the old tricks you enjoyed while you were a lock.

Cheers.