PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Creepy Cryx

ZenBear
2018-10-11, 11:59 PM
In my ongoing effort to convert essentially all of Warmachine (https://warmachineuniversity.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page) into D&D 5e a few models at a time, I'm incorporating some of the basic foot soldiers of the Cryx (https://warmachineuniversity.com/mw/index.php/Cryx) army into my game. Here's what I've got so far, and I definitely need some help with some of it.

Bane Warrior (https://warmachineuniversity.com/mw/index.php/Bane_Warriors)
AC: 14 (ring mail) HP: 58 (9d8+18) Speed: 30 ft.
STR: 12 (+1) DEX: 10 (0) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 8 (-1) WIS: 10 (0) CHA: 8 (-1)
Weapon Master: When making an attack with a War Axe, the Bane Warrior deals one extra die of damage.
Dark Shroud: While in this creature's melee range, enemies take an additional 2 (1d4) necrotic damage.
Incorporeal Movement: The Bane Warrior can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object.
Actions
War Axe: Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d10+1) slashing damage
CR: 1

Bane Warrior Officer
AC: 14 (ring mail) HP: 58 (9d8+18) Speed: 30 ft.
STR: 12 (+1) DEX: 10 (0) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 10 (0) WIS: 10 (0) CHA: 10 (0)
Weapon Master
Dark Shroud
Incorporeal Movement
Void Bringer: Once per day the Officer can bring back 3 (1d3+1) Bane Warriors that have died in the past 1 minute.
Rise: At the beginning of its turn, the Officer and any Bane Warriors within 30 ft. can stand up for free if they are prone unless something is holding them down.
Actions
Multiattack: The Officer makes two War Axe attacks.
War Axe: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d8+1) slashing damage
CR: 2

Bane Warrior Standard: When a Bane Warrior is bearing this standard, its weapon die is reduced to d8 but all Bane Warriors within 30 ft. gain Tough.
Tough: If damage reduces this creature to 0 hit points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5+the damage taken, unless the damage is radiant or from a critical hit. On a success, the creature drops to 1 hit point instead and falls prone. While prone this creature loses Tough.

So I have no idea how much Void Bringer ought to affect the CR for the Officer. I didn't want it to be too much higher CR than the Warriors it will fight alongside, but I worry that it won't get the opportunity to use Void Bringer because it will be targeted first. I'm tempted to boost its HP, but that would increase its CR without a doubt and I kind of boxed myself in with its OCR with Weapon Master and Multiattack.

If they have the standard (which they won't the first time they're encountered) then they all gain 7 EHP which doesn't actually affect their CR, oddly enough. I sort of like the idea of keeping the Warmachine version of Tough where you roll a d6 and succeed on a 5-6, especially when I stick this on other Tough models that aren't undead so the radiant damage bit won't make as much sense, but I'll keep it this way for now.

Also, how would I factor in Dark Shroud? I just added it as damage to the Warriors, but if they ever fight in mixed company then every attack, regardless of source, will add that damage. It's not much, but still, it'll add up. Should that affect CR?