PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Ideas for a Halloween spooktacular

Finback
2018-10-12, 12:09 AM
So, next game I'm breaking from the normal Chultan realms to have the PCs stumble across a graveyard with a crypt, and below the crypt shall be some fights. I've lined up my monsters, but now I'm wondering - anyone got any ideas for traps, or other tropes of "horror" that would make for fun? Currently I've got:

graveyard/crypt (using some Reaper minis)
final fight is a vampire (in the vein of Lestat)
a flesh golem (maybe a mad science lab)
werewolf (in a room filled with stuffed animals, to raise some paranoia)
mummy (fairly low level, so I might put it in with the werewolf, and make it more like a museum gallery)
sahuagin baron (and some sharks) - thinking about it being a water-based trap, like a room that fills with water
black pudding (raised to a larger size)

Dr. Cliché
2018-10-12, 05:56 AM
If you've got a room of stuffed animals, instead of having a werewolf there, how about making the stuffed animals themselves attack the players?

For extra creepiness, when they first stumble on this room of creep stuffed animals nothing seems amiss.

However, when they try to go back through the room, they notice that all the stuffed animals are now gone.

They find the animals in earlier rooms, trying to eat the corpses of the creatures they've already killed. The bellies of the predatory animals are swollen and distended with devoured flesh, blood leaking through overburdened stitches.

As one, the animals raise their heads and turn towards the players, somehow staring hungrily at them through stitched-on eyes.

BLC1975
2018-10-12, 09:06 AM
If you've got a room of stuffed animals, instead of having a werewolf there, how about making the stuffed animals themselves attack the players?

For extra creepiness, when they first stumble on this room of creep stuffed animals nothing seems amiss.

However, when they try to go back through the room, they notice that all the stuffed animals are now gone.

They find the animals in earlier rooms, trying to eat the corpses of the creatures they've already killed. The bellies of the predatory animals are swollen and distended with devoured flesh, blood leaking through overburdened stitches.

As one, the animals raise their heads and turn towards the players, somehow staring hungrily at them through stitched-on eyes.

Taxidermy Mimics...I love it!