STR - 13
DEX - 16
CON - 15
INT - 8
WIS - 13
CHA - 20
AC - 14
HP - 23

Would you increase stats or grab a feat next lv? I tend to roll for hp cause it feels less cookie cutter and I know I want Warcaster, resilient(CON), and maybe Inspiring Leader as potential feat choices. Feel free to sugget others too!

nickl_2000
2018-10-12, 08:22 AM
What's the rest of the party? What is your role in the party and in combat?

dejarnjc
2018-10-12, 08:26 AM
With a CHA that high so early, you'll see tons of benefits from inspiring leader. That's also potentially a fun RP feat imo.

Xenothelm
2018-10-12, 08:26 AM
What's the rest of the party? What is your role in the party and in combat?

Major support caster in a team of 1 ranged and 5 melee (including the cleric lol)

nickl_2000
2018-10-12, 08:34 AM
Based on the charisma being so high and the party size (6 people plus you), inspiring leader is almost a perfect feat for you.

I wouldn't be as worried about Warcaster or Resilient Con yet. If you are in combat with 5 melee people around something has gone horribly, horribly wrong and you need to disengage and run for cover.

Other feats to consider:
Alert - Acting sooner lets you have a better grouping of enemies for control spells in the first round of combat. This can be SUPER helpful in your role.
Healer - A good feat that you will use ever single session, without question. Especially with 7 people who will need it.
Magic Initiate - Several possible choices here depending on your desire. Getting a familiar may be fun, and it could up your blasting with Sorcerer cantrips.
Ritual Caster Wizard - If you are the caster of the group, this will increase your utility spells massively.

KillingTime
2018-10-12, 09:05 AM
Resilient (Wis) is something you might consider sooner rather than later as well.
Honestly you don't *need* any ASIs at this point, but a Dex bump wouldn't hurt.

Snowbluff
2018-10-12, 09:08 AM
I'd go with Resil Con or Inspiring Leader for sure in this case.

Also, buy some better armor. :p
EDIT: Oh! You can get the feat to get medium armor if you want more AC.

Xenothelm
2018-10-12, 09:27 AM
Magic Initiate - Several possible choices here depending on your desire. Getting a familiar may be fun, and it could up your blasting with Sorcerer cantrips.

Oooo I really want a familiar now. This bard is turning into a soft summoner lol; I’ve already got plans to grab Find Greater Steed and Conjure Fey later on, #feyfriends :D

Xenothelm
2018-10-12, 09:28 AM
Resilient (Wis) is something you might consider sooner rather than later as well.
Honestly you don't *need* any ASIs at this point, but a Dex bump wouldn't hurt.

You’re right I may want to protect more against cc than straight up damage with such a melee heavy team on the frontline...

nickl_2000
2018-10-12, 09:32 AM
Oooo I really want a familiar now. This bard is turning into a soft summoner lol; I’ve already got plans to grab Find Greater Steed and Conjure Fey later on, #feyfriends :D

You can get one with either Ritual Caster Wizard or Magic Initiate Wizard. :)

Jophiel
2018-10-12, 09:55 AM
With a CHA that high so early, you'll see tons of benefits from inspiring leader.
Maybe a little less for him than for most characters. Glamour bards already grant temp hit points to their party by using Inspiration.

Xenothelm
2018-10-12, 10:04 AM
Maybe a little less for him than for most characters. Glamour bards already grant temp hit points to their party by using Inspiration.

That's a flat 5hp always though while Inspiring Leader scales with lv. I think the MoI feature is better prioritized for the free movement while the hp is a secondary perk.

Jophiel
2018-10-12, 11:16 AM
That's a flat 5hp always though while Inspiring Leader scales with lv.
Mantle of Inspiration increases at 5th (8hp), 10th (11hp), and 15th (14hp). Of course, with both you can always use MoI to refresh temp hit points mid-fight after the IL ones had burnt off, depending on how long your fights tend to go.

Anyway, I'm not saying not to take Inspiring Leader and it certainly does grant more temp hit points, just that it does step on the toes of Mantle of Inspiration vs someone with no ability to grant temp hit points. I'd personally be more inclined to pick up a feat that did something totally new and shiny than one that was just an improvement on an ability I already have.

Xenothelm
2018-10-12, 11:29 AM
Mantle of Inspiration increases at 5th (8hp), 10th (11hp), and 15th (14hp)

HOW did I miss that thank you! *sends blessings*

In that case Inspirational Leader does lose some value; I'll def take another look. Getting familiar from Magic Initiate sounds fun :)

Toofey
2018-10-12, 11:31 AM
Is there a reason no one is suggesting war caster?

edit: I also recommend ritual caster (wizard) for literally anyone.

nickl_2000
2018-10-12, 11:34 AM
Is there a reason no one is suggesting war caster?

My reasoning.
This is a party of 6 people, 5 of which are melee. The OP is playing a Glamour Bard. If the OPC is in a situation where they need to AoO replacement from Warcaster there is something seriously wrong. The concentration aspect of it would be better served with Resilient Con since that will also give a stat boost to an even 14.

Angelalex242
2018-10-12, 12:06 PM
I'd go with resilient Con first. HP times your level and proficiency on con saves will probably serve you best, since you've got Cha 20 already.

NaughtyTiger
2018-10-12, 01:18 PM
Vampire uses charm on the bard. you need to beat a DC17 Wisdom save..... with a +1 to your saving throw.

Xenothelm
2018-10-12, 01:37 PM
Vampire uses charm on the bard. you need to beat a DC17 Wisdom save..... with a +1 to your saving throw.

Yea I think with my team I better look into resilient(WIS) instead lol

R.Shackleford
2018-10-12, 01:53 PM
In the case of a lv3 Glamour Bard with the following stat spread:

STR - 13
DEX - 16
CON - 15
INT - 8
WIS - 13
CHA - 20
AC - 14
HP - 23

Would you increase stats or grab a feat next lv? I tend to roll for hp cause it feels less cookie cutter and I know I want Warcaster, resilient(CON), and maybe Inspiring Leader as potential feat choices. Feel free to sugget others too!

Linguist is very nice on a bard if you rely on talking to things.

Actor because omg is it a great feat.

Dungeon Delver if your DM likes traps.

Skulker depending on your play style and race.