PDA

View Full Version : Goblinberg [IC]

JNAProductions
2018-10-12, 04:30 PM
You see the light of the adventurers' torches pass into darkness, on the horizon. It's late, but you have some money, some equipment, and a map.

But before you even think about leaving, there's the rest of your clan. They're readying to leave, but some of them seem a bit curious about what it might be like to live "legitimately"-at least, in the eyes of the other races.

sandmote
2018-10-12, 08:02 PM
Gardoll glares over his shoulder. "Of course they should, I just don't- fine." He walks over and casts Cure Wounds on one of the ten injured Goblins (An unconscious one, if there is one), before walking off to pack up his stuff.

(Not sure if this belongs in a spoiler) Healing for [roll0]

Edit: added spoken words.

JNAProductions
2018-10-12, 08:04 PM
None of them are unconscious, but the most injured, a tall (for a goblin) male, gets up. He looks at Gardoll, and mutters "Thanks."

JbeJ275
2018-10-13, 10:16 AM
Pah! we’ll need em all moving if we’re to make any progress at all! Up! All of you!

With this Britshack rolls them into a cirlcle then uses the bear totem spirit. Giving them all 7 temp HP and advantage on strength for the next minute.

So are we going! Let’s go.

JNAProductions
2018-10-13, 12:22 PM
Most of them allow themselves to be moved, but two of them refuse. "We heard you talking about actually keeping your word," one of them says. "Are you trying to get us killed?"

Unavenger
2018-10-13, 01:04 PM
Sakha shrugged. "Stay here, then. We can't make you move. But I think you'll be a lot better off if you follow us. Assuming you enjoy eating, that is. And having clothes. And weapons, for that matter." Just to emphasise her point, Sakha swung her mace clean through the already-crumbling chimney-stack of the forge which she had previously used. While her words were a little more menacing with her mask and her violent nature, she meant no actual threat by them - only a realisation of the grim certainty that awaited her fellows if they remained. "Besides," she indicated the dead goblin, "We're hardly safe out here, either."

JNAProductions
2018-10-13, 01:10 PM
I'd like you guys to make a plan.

There are about 60 goblins in the tribe. Some 20 seem ready to follow you, but the remainder are not. You can either try to persuade them, or be happy with what you got.

sandmote
2018-10-13, 02:47 PM
Gardoll addresses the tribe. "The hobs died. Those not-gobs won and let us go. I'm gonna try to be like the winners." He raises his battleaxe. "And I'm gonna win!"

Turning to Britshack and Sakha, he shrugs. "Follow map; see what we find? At least to start?"

JbeJ275
2018-10-13, 04:40 PM
Ah yes law of the greatwood spirits, only those who change how they change survive! Let us follow this map!

Unavenger
2018-10-14, 09:05 AM
Sakha scowled through her mask; not a pretty sight. "Yes, we will follow this map. You lot who don't want to follow us... fine. You'll be remembered as the goblins who refused to join civilisation when given the choice. The ones who preferred to settle the wreckage than ever actually make anything of yourselves. The goblins who give goblins a bad name."

She swung around, her cloak made of a torn pirate flag whipping around her. She uttered a word under her breath, and the ground shook under the dissenters' feet. Another, and her eyes glowed bright orange through her mask as she turned back to face them. Yet another, and she spoke with the voice of a thunderstorm. "This is our chance! This is our opportunity to live somewhere other than the middle of nowhere! Why in the names of gods and devils would you squander it? Fools! Come with us and you'll have somewhere to live where you won't be hounded by adventurers! Plus, you'll still have your high priest, your village champion and your animal handler this way," she said more softly as her eyes and voice slowly faded to normal.

Thaumaturgy is a neat cantrip.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-10-14, 11:17 AM
Right-o.

That's a good check, and I will, in fact, give you advantage on it for good use of Thaumaturgy. [roll0]

The roll results will determine how many listen:

16: You get 15 more.
17-18: You get 25 more.
19-21: You get 35 more.
22: You get 'em all!

Hearing the power in her words, a lot of your clanmates shuffle over. Some eagerly, propelled by fear, some a but more hesitantly, but soon, there's only five left standing away, including the old leader, Snazzgar.

Fine! he shouts. Be that way! But when you're ruined, don't come sniveling back!

sandmote
2018-10-14, 11:28 AM
Gardoll discretely puts one hand on his staff while moving the other. Snazzgar's voice comes again "And I'll keep telling myself that."

Minor Illusion.

JNAProductions
2018-10-14, 11:30 AM
Gardoll discretely puts one hand on his staff while moving the other. Snazzgar's voice comes again "And I'll keep telling myself that."

Minor Illusion.

Gimme a Deception check to imitate his voice.

sandmote
2018-10-14, 11:32 AM
I was mostly just expecting it to annoy him, but okay. [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-10-14, 11:43 AM
Snazzgar whirls around. Who said that?

The few who are with him, though, look to him. "Um, boss..."

It wasn't me! I swear! he says, somewhat panicked.

They start to edge closer to your group.

Move one more step and I kill you! I swear I will! Snazzgar says, drawing his rapier and shield.

Roll initiative!

Also, Snazzgar is known to be a good grappler, deadly with his weapons, and one tough son of a gun. He can take a hit.

sandmote
2018-10-14, 12:13 PM
Gardoll is visibly surprised by the panic.

Initiative: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-10-14, 12:16 PM
Right, I should roll too.

[roll0]

Unavenger
2018-10-14, 02:31 PM
Sakha scowls and reacts to the attack.

[roll0] initiative.

JbeJ275
2018-10-14, 02:53 PM
Imitative: [roll0]

JbeJ275
2018-10-14, 02:57 PM
As the one time clan leader goes for his weapons Britshack hisses something at the ground, and a tendril reaches up to restrain Snazzgar.

Casting Entangle, DC 13

JNAProductions
2018-10-14, 03:46 PM
[roll0]

Rolling dem bones.

Snazzgar almost manages to avoid the tendrils, but finds himself held back. He gnashes his teeth in a wordless cry of anger.

sandmote
2018-10-14, 04:22 PM
Gardoll raises his weapon and rushes forward. "Will protect gobs. Even gobs not helping."

Trusting Snazzgar to be able to take a hit, Gardoll starts raging and brings down his weapon.

for [roll][1d10+4

sandmote
2018-10-14, 04:25 PM
I don't see what's wrong with the roll;

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-10-14, 05:38 PM
[roll0]

You've got advantage, since Snazzgar is restrained. You did hit-I'm just checking to see if it's a crit. Speaking of, add [roll1] damage if that comes up a 24.

Snazzgar bellows in pain-he doesn't really look worse for the wear, but it's clear he's taking the hit as a personal insult.

Unavenger
2018-10-15, 04:54 AM
Sakha scowls again. "The bell of souls is ringing out your name: Snazzgar, Snazzgar, you are already DEAD!" With the last word, a deafening bell does indeed seem to toll out Snazzgar's name - inasmuch as a bell can.

[roll0] necrotic damage from Toll the Dead if he fails a DC 13 WIS save.

JNAProductions
2018-10-16, 09:28 PM
9 damage taken so far.

Snazzgar seems a bit worse for the wear, but more than anything, he is ANGRY.

JbeJ275
2018-10-17, 02:36 AM
Britshack advances with his scimitar, the crude stone blade being thrust towards the bound goblin’s guts.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2]

sandmote
2018-10-17, 06:53 PM
Gardoll turns to the goblins near Snazzgar. He snarls at them "Get away! Before he kill you!"

Then he rips at Snazzgar's Rapier, to take it from him.

[roll0] target is restrained: [roll1]
Base for target's saving throw: [roll2]

I'm assuming the goblins will react the same way in any case, but an intimidation roll if it's necessary: [roll3]

JNAProductions
2018-10-17, 07:00 PM
Up to 12.

Gardoll manages to knock Snazzgar's rapier free, and scoops it up, preventing him from taking the weapon for himself.

Unavenger
2018-10-18, 02:56 PM
Sakha runs up to Snazzgar and smites him around his smart little head with her mace.

[roll0] attack [roll1] advantage [roll2] damage [roll3] crit-damage.

JNAProductions
2018-10-18, 04:19 PM
Sakha misses Snazzgar, her mace bouncing off his shield as he struggles to get in the way through the entanglement.

He then draws his crossbow, aiming for Brit to try to end the spell.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Two crossbow attacks, with disadvantage from being entangled and being in melee.

JbeJ275
2018-10-18, 04:49 PM
Both bolts fly wildly, the vines snatching at the crossbow while Brit continues to gouge with his knife

[roll0]
Adv: [roll1]
Dam: [roll2]

Edit: 10 in total as dice damage is doubled from crit.

JNAProductions
2018-10-18, 04:56 PM
[roll0]

You roll twice the dice, not double dice damage. Regardless, crit!

24 done total.

sandmote
2018-10-18, 05:50 PM
Gardoll puts the Rapier away, and swings again.

[roll0] and [roll1]

base [roll2] with an additional [roll3] on a crit.

Unavenger
2018-10-22, 12:27 PM
Sakha tries to hit Snazzgar again, predictably enough:

[roll0] attack [roll1] advantage [roll2] damage [roll3] crit-damage.

JNAProductions
2018-10-22, 12:29 PM
He's up to 32 taken.

Snazz manages to block Sakha's hit, but takes Gardoll's hard.

I yield! I yield! he cries.

[roll0]

JbeJ275
2018-10-22, 01:36 PM
Brit pivots on a heel, holding his knife in the air still crimson with blood. His face breaks into a grin as he looks towards the other goblins

Whats the option then? Do we gut up this tyrant and traitor to the spirits and the gods? Do we send him running to the underworld, dying for his choices? What’s to be done with this angry old relic?

While he’s speaking the vines continue to restrain the ex leaders form preventing him from making any attempt at escape.

sandmote
2018-10-22, 02:51 PM
Gardoll scowls at Brit. "Let's be better than hobs were."

JbeJ275
2018-10-22, 03:47 PM
Would the hobs have asked first? Sides, would he have asked first, what if he tastes rag later and attacks others, he was willing to do it now and next time I might not be there to stop him!

sandmote
2018-10-23, 10:24 AM
Gardoll pauses to think for a moment, looking over his shoulder. "Take his weapons? I want a shield," he trails off, eyeing up Snazzgar.

Is Snazzgar acting defeated? Defiant? Something else?

JNAProductions
2018-10-23, 09:57 PM
Snazzgar looks around, clearly unhappy with the situation, but not resisting.

Unavenger
2018-10-24, 06:22 AM
"So what now, Snazzgar Chief of Nothing? Will you finally follow us, or sit here in the ashes of your own folly?"

Sakha didn't wait for a response. "All right, we've waited around long enough. Let's go."

sandmote
2018-10-24, 02:28 PM
"I can follow. Am hard to pick off of back."

Gardoll looks over his shoulder in concentration. Then he turns back to Snazzgar. "Give me shield and bow, and we good. As long as you not try to kill tribe gobs."

JNAProductions
2018-10-24, 09:30 PM
Snazzgar, quite reluctantly, gives up his weapons.

Can you drop the spell now? he asks.

JbeJ275
2018-10-25, 03:27 AM
Eh, fine!

With that Britshack mutters some words and waves his hand, the vines go from actively pulling him towards the earth to once more lying still and sedate.

JNAProductions
2018-10-25, 01:28 PM
Looking over the group, you see Snazzgar's hand twitch just a little bit.

I'd like one or two of you to make Intimidation checks, to keep him in line.

sandmote
2018-10-25, 02:55 PM
At this point Gardoll is holding his waraxe and Snazzgar's shield. He glares at Snazzgar, and growls, "Now remember, we only good as long as you not hurt tribe."

[roll0]

JbeJ275
2018-10-26, 08:53 PM
Britshack says nothing, but looks into the deeper woods, raises the still bloody knife to his face and gives it a thorough sniff, inhaling the scent.

JNAProductions
2018-10-26, 09:04 PM
Your former leader seems quite ready to listen.

The others, now that the fight is over, breathe out, not even having realized they'd been holding their breath.

What will you do now?

sandmote
2018-10-26, 09:42 PM
"Okay, everyone going to keep word, let's get packed." Gardoll puts his waraxe away and his shield onto his back before moving away to help some of the less physically capable goblins pack supplies.

JbeJ275
2018-10-29, 08:32 AM
Britshack settles, picks up the remainder of his possessions and begins to wander at the head of the goblins as they start departing, all the while calling out to the birds and the local beasts of the area to give them directions and help them find their way.

JNAProductions
2018-10-30, 01:40 PM
You start on your journey, heading to the abandoned town on your map.

Will you do look-out duty yourself, or assign other members of the tribe to it? And how will you handle Snazzgar?

sandmote
2018-10-30, 06:10 PM
Gardoll is going to take a watch as lookout himself, and cast light on something for the first watch, his own watch, and the one after him. Probably travel with the rear guard during the day. I don't know if Snazzgar is traveling with or following the tribe, but Gardoll is only going to keep a closer eye on him.

He's also going to look for volunteers (or goblins he can bully) to take any watches left over.

[roll0] persuasion
[roll1] intimidation

JbeJ275
2018-10-31, 02:03 PM
Britshack is entirely to busy talking in low tones to the creatures of the wood to concern himself with lookout duty, he does though make a point of always checking Snazzgars location, knife in hand and snarl on his lips.

Unavenger
2018-10-31, 05:31 PM
Sakha tries to keep up the morale of the goblins, via faith and inspirational speeches, while also keeping a look out herself.

JNAProductions
2018-11-01, 01:29 PM
You make it a decent way towards the town over the course of the day. No one troubles you during your travels, but as night falls, it'd behoove you to set up a watch for the night. Knowing your tribemates, it'd be best if at least one of you are part of each watch.

Set up a watch schedule. Then, for each person on watch, make a Perception check with advantage, since others are assisting you.

sandmote
2018-11-01, 02:03 PM
Gardoll requests the middle watch, to make the most use of light.

[roll0] and [roll1]

JbeJ275
2018-11-01, 04:19 PM
Ritchank takes last watch, wishing to rise with the dawn but sleep through most of the night,

Perception: [roll0]

Unavenger
2018-11-02, 06:17 AM
Sakha, by a process of elimination, takes the first watch.

[roll0] [roll1]

JNAProductions
2018-11-02, 10:43 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

And with that, I see.

JNAProductions
2018-11-04, 12:48 PM
Middle watch. Gardoll is at the fore.

A loud crunching sound can be heard past the trees. Gardoll then hears "Sh! Quiet, they'll hear us!" and the crunching grows a little quieter.

sandmote
2018-11-04, 12:54 PM
Gardoll shoves anyone on the watch near him (to make sure they are awake) before giving up on any semblance of subtly. He raises his waraxe, the light from his cantrip shining out. He roars, "who's there!?"
Intimidation: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-11-04, 01:46 PM
"They heard you-get out, run, run!" is all Gardoll hears, followed by the stamping of quickly retreating feet.

sandmote
2018-11-05, 01:36 PM
Gardoll doesn't pursue whoever it is, but pays more attention for the remainder of his watch. When he wakes Britshack's group, he gives a warning. "Heard someone talking. They ran off."

JbeJ275
2018-11-05, 06:10 PM
Britshack nods and later in his watch quietly slides over to the direction the sound was heard from, to see if there were any tracks or if they may have stayed in the area.

sandmote
2018-11-10, 12:36 PM
Gardoll casts light on a torch for Britshack and turns in for the night.

JNAProductions
2018-11-10, 08:16 PM
Okay-done (for now) being buttsmashed by school, work, and rehearsals.

Apologies for the massive delay!

Morning comes without further incident.

While travelling during the day, you come across an abandoned carriage, with some moss and vines growing over it, around three-o-clock. What will you do?

JbeJ275
2018-11-11, 04:22 AM
Britshack will druidcraft the vines and moss off of the entrance from a distance, then provided nothing suspicious is revealed slowly enter.

JNAProductions
2018-11-11, 06:00 PM
The carriage seems safe enough, at first inspection. However, as the last of the plantlife is cleared, you hear some motion from within.

sandmote
2018-11-12, 11:19 AM
Putting himself between most of the other goblins and the carriage, Gardoll calls out. "Hello?"