PDA

View Full Version : Thetangledweb.net?

dyslexicfaser
2007-09-17, 04:27 PM
With rpgprofiler down, I've been using thetangledweb.net. But when I got on today, I found the layout is different and all my character sheets seem to have disappeared, both one I'm currently playing and one I created to play in an upcoming game.

Anyone else who use this site have this problem?

Aerlock
2007-09-17, 04:37 PM
Ya, they just put through a big change. There's a link on the front page to the old profiler. Go there and get your chars, export em, and then import em into the new system.

Aerlock

Lumina
2007-09-18, 11:04 PM
Exactally what he says.

Thats for the quick awnser there dude!.

Sincerly,
Tangled Web Admin Lumina

Duvik
2007-09-20, 10:57 PM
Our site was hacked and we had to wipe everything and rush out an upgrade we had been working on behind the scenes. The site still has a few kinks to work out but we're working on it as fast as we can.

Our old profiler is still available at http://profiler.thetangledweb.net

It will remain workable until November 1st, at which time we will shut down all options except for downloading of sheets. You'll then have until the first of the year to move into the new profiler or find another profiler elsewhere if our upgraded version is unsatisfactory.

Also look forward to a new sheet for a recently released system to be included soon :D

Anybody like Westerns?

kme
2007-09-21, 07:12 AM
Our site was hacked and we had to wipe everything and rush out an upgrade we had been working on behind the scenes. The site still has a few kinks to work out but we're working on it as fast as we can.

Our old profiler is still available at http://profiler.thetangledweb.net

I still cannot access some sheets at the old profiler.Is that some uncommon occurrence, or is it common and you are working to fix it (if possible)?

Merlin the Tuna
2007-09-21, 01:09 PM
Quick question -- I (mistakenly) just spent a while trying to get into the new profiler, and my problem wasn't missing sheets, it was a missing account. Did those get wiped as well?

Ghal Marak
2007-09-21, 01:21 PM
Quick question -- I (mistakenly) just spent a while trying to get into the new profiler, and my problem wasn't missing sheets, it was a missing account. Did those get wiped as well?

Yeah, the same thing is happening to me too! I thought it was just me. Thats (somewhat) better I guess.

Citizen Joe
2007-09-21, 01:55 PM
Ditto here. I rebuilt a character on character from rpgprofiler.net onto the old TTW profiler, then TTW reformatted to the new style, so I made an account and ported it over, then it crashed so I had to make a new account and move it over again. Fortunately I downloaded the XML sheet so I didn't have to start from scratch.

Idiotbox90
2007-09-21, 05:16 PM
My sheet will not save if I have an apostrophe in the item section. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Swooper
2007-09-21, 05:28 PM
I made an account on the new site, uploaded a couple of characters, then a couple of days ago the site looked all... funny (was that when you were hacked?) and now it won't let me log on to the new site.. must I register again, or what?

SensFan
2007-09-22, 01:30 PM
I can't seem to register at TTW. Anyone else having this issue?

Bryn
2007-09-22, 01:33 PM
Ooh, thanks for the warning about the characters needing to be moved over: I assumed I could just carry on using the old profiler. Is there an option for mass download of all my character sheets? If not, I'll just have to go through and download them one by one, but it would be nice if I could get them all at once.

Also, great site, I aim to join one of your games some day :smallsmile:

Citizen Joe
2007-09-22, 01:36 PM
I just logged in without problems.

They do send you an email, and a link that you need to click to activate your account.

Citizen Joe
2007-09-22, 01:39 PM
Z-axis, you might want to make a local folder. Then select edit on each character and select download. That will get everything on to your local machine.

Then you have to make a new character for all the sheets. Hit edit for each one and then upload.

It can be a pain, but if you do all your downloading first, you're not flipping back and forth.

SensFan
2007-09-22, 01:47 PM
When I fill out the registration form and click submit, I get this

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/StallingChamp/?action=view&current=TWWloginerror.jpg

Citizen Joe
2007-09-22, 01:52 PM
That looks like an error on their end. Try again, maybe use a different name. Maybe the name you want is already registered.

SensFan
2007-09-22, 01:53 PM
Nope, just tried adding random numbers to the name to no result. Meh, I guess I'll just have to wait for a while, try again later.

wadledo
2007-09-22, 02:02 PM
Odd, it says I don't exist.
Hmm...
Whats the use making most of my names the same if it doesn't help?

Bryn
2007-09-22, 02:50 PM
Z-axis, you might want to make a local folder. Then select edit on each character and select download. That will get everything on to your local machine.

Then you have to make a new character for all the sheets. Hit edit for each one and then upload.

It can be a pain, but if you do all your downloading first, you're not flipping back and forth.

I know that. My question is, is there a button to download all the character sheets at once, or do I have to go through one by one? From the sounds of things, it will be the latter option.

SensFan
2007-09-22, 03:42 PM
Update - well, just tried again with the original name, and it worked.

Talya
2007-09-22, 10:20 PM
Something seriously messed up on thetangledweb.net now. It won't load in IE7 at all. Firefox seems to display it alright, but IE7 not at all.

Renegade Paladin
2007-09-22, 11:06 PM
Then stop using IE?

Anyway, where is this evidently well-hidden new profiler? I see no sign of it; I can only find the old one.

Talya
2007-09-23, 08:27 AM
Then stop using IE?

Easy enough for me.

Not so easy for many of the less-than-computer-saavy players out there, or those trying to access from work. Like it or not, 90% of the computers on the net use IE, and so microsoft sets the defacto standard for the internet.

Renegade Paladin
2007-09-23, 10:05 AM
Heh. Some of the computer labs at my university do that. I carry around an installation of Firefox on a USB drive in case I end up in one of them. Works just fine. :smallbiggrin:

Dustyme
2007-12-05, 01:46 PM
There's a thread for profiler issues on the thangled web that the admins there check everyday :P. It's in the General Discussion Forum at the stickies section.

As for issue's I think TTW is the only site right now that is actively updating Profiler. And for those whom seem unable to find it on the site you actually have to log into TTW now to access it as a TTW member. They linked both together to integate profiler better with their user base.

Roland St. Jude
2007-12-05, 01:54 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Thanks for the helpful comment, but this thread's about ten weeks old now. Please see the rules regarding thread necromancy. :smallsmile: