PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dragonborn into dragon issues

Thatsme
2018-10-14, 12:47 PM
Hi, I am a level 12 Dragonborn and have been given an enormous scale possibly from a great dragon. Now I seem to be changing into a dragon when I fall asleep and have been told if I don't figure out why it is that I'm turning into one or my character could be lost.

Hope someone can help. I'm also multiclassing as a Warlock, Ranger and a fighter.

Unoriginal
2018-10-14, 12:48 PM
Seek NPCs who know about the subject? We can't know what's in your DM's mind.

Beckett
2018-10-14, 11:04 PM
Weredragon?

In later Dragonlance the Dragon Overlords developed a method of converting people into Dragon Spawn. Maybe something along those lines?

GlenSmash!
2018-10-15, 12:18 PM
Hi, I am a level 12 Dragonborn and have been given an enormous scale possibly from a great dragon. Now I seem to be changing into a dragon when I fall asleep and have been told if I don't figure out why it is that I'm turning into one or my character could be lost.

Hope someone can help. I'm also multiclassing as a Warlock, Ranger and a fighter.

I'm afraid there is nothing in the 5e books that details this situation. This is something your DM came up with.

So to figure out what to do, you need to attempt to discover more information about the scale. seek learned NPCs, libraries, etc.

ErHo
2018-10-15, 12:30 PM
Ask the DM to see if you can attune yourself to the scale? Its the best thing aside from Identify, unless you get lucky on a lore check

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-15, 12:35 PM
A few ideas that come to mind:

Cast Identify on the scale, to gather as much information as you can.

Separate you from the scale, and see if the situation persists.

Have someone cast Hunter's Mark or Mind Spike on you, to track you while you move around at night.

Use Divination magic, like Augury or Legend Lore, to gather specific information about how to resolve this problem.

Find some cult of Kobolds and threaten to beat them up if they don't help you solve this problem. As a pack of dragon-rats, they might be able to have information from other cults regarding this magical scale, and it could be considered a relic to them.

Beckett
2018-10-15, 06:34 PM
Im still thinking weredragon. For the record.