PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Entretainment

HumanTemplate
2018-10-14, 04:18 PM
How did this come to be? How did you lose your freedom to this carnage? Your last improvised party was utterly obliterated by those illithid. The poor scared face is still fresh in your retina. As fresh as the slowly drying Illithid brain matter between the chinks of your armour and along the blade of your sword. You are wounded, and the cheering of the crowd feels like a distant noise, but it rouses something inside you. They chant your name, the walls of the interdimensional dungeon open up, and you can see the crowd. Their number is unknown, their voices hypnotic, they love your savage blood covered expression. You take the cheers and raise your arms, one of them still holding the limp body of a Mindbender. They ****ing love this!

Later, in your cell, other slaves that do not fight, tend to your needs. They feed you. They leave you alone to rest. Tomorrow will be another test. With a new party. Hopefully, those ****ers will be more useful than the last cannon fodder their pair you with.

"Get ready! My monster" You hear the squeaking voice of your enslaver. "The crowd is eager for today's special treat."

Hesitant you try once more to resist his commands, but the black opal ring in your left ring finger sends a wave of pain all over your body.

You arm yourself and get ready to fight. The gate opens. This time to a large cavern dimly lighted and with a bluish hue in the walls. Then you see the others coming out of the gates: your party for the day.

Baeloth announces the day's challenge to the invisible crowd.
"Today these brave warriors will face the challenges of a magic-filled cavern. Waves of arcane creatures will try their mettle, and not a few surprises for you, my public. Enjoy!"

Gunhaven
2018-10-15, 12:52 AM
Kilgore didn't bother cleaning his horned helmet since the day he got it, the gore from past kills each telling of past victories and future success. He maintained the same binds since he acquired them. Likewise he maintained the same maneuvers for most of the fights. The fact that he literally tore out one of the mindflayer's brain was almost the entire reason he was a crowd favorite.
He grinned at the prospect of a new fight, a reaction he knew wasn't entirely expected from his captor, as he said in his rumbling voice "Put my winnings on myself again. Won't be needing them anyway!" He laughed as he headed out of the cells and into the arena. He didn't stop moving until he was roughly at the location the others would get to if they walked in a straight line and finally stopped, yelling out to the formless crowd "Blood and Bones! I'll tear those creatures limb from limb!"

Arael666
2018-10-15, 08:25 AM
Adva walked inside the arena, the memories of the last melee still flashing in front of her eyes, being the last survivor was too much of a close call for her Ok... ok... just a few more fights, just a few more and I'll be free thought Adva, gripping that thread of hope with all her might. I just need to be smart like last time, don't rush ahead, don't let anyone notice me. Ok, mybe fighting a little more will help more, but I'll only do that if we have at least something resembling teamwork!

Someone shouted something at the crowd, startling Adva, and the crowd cheered back Wait, does he think this is fun? are you serious? we are fighting FOR OUR LIVES HERE! no, no, no, calm yourself Adva, don't go making the big crazy guy hate you right out of the bat! If he is so confident that means he is strong, just look at his size, with him arround no one is gonna notice you! This is a good thing! is that a piece of brain hanging from his helmet? :smallconfused:

kinem
2018-10-15, 12:09 PM
Trake, the muscular half-orc with no weapons or armor, pumps his fist in the air, playing to the crowd, then dons his blindfold.

"I'm ready for anything!" he declares.

Sure, I'll just keep playing along for now, show them the dumb orc. Not much choice in the matter anyway. One of these days will be different. Either I'll die, or I'll find a way out, then take revenge. One way or the other, I'll be out of here.

Aegis013
2018-10-15, 10:13 PM
Bulwark, meticulously clean other than a few stubborn pieces of Illithid viscera still caught in his chain mail, stomps out of the gate. He marches at a steady pace into his position and the parts of his body seem to shift as if the metal man was taking a deep breath.

Azure mist spews from his joints like steam as he dawns his iconic dragon mask. The swirling steam forms around him into his equipment. Forming his crystalline helm, with its large azure plume. The belt swirls with essence of life force. The tabard that appears over his chain mail displays the large insignia of a heart in front of a tower shield. He reaches over his shoulder, deftly unclipping the massive claymore that hangs from his back and holds it aloft, pointing directly into the sky as the mist forms into electrified gauntlets around his hands. Lightning arcs up and down the shiny blade, a display of power that Bulwark knows gets the crowd's motor running.

Bulwark lets his display do the talking as he calmly scans the area, already considering the battlefield; what type of terrain will they battle on this time? He scans to see if there are indications of where the enemies may come from as well.

[roll0] Spot check if needed

HumanTemplate
2018-10-16, 07:58 AM
It is a natural cavern, 50 feet wide and 100 feet long, irregular shape. You are in the widest part, close to the wall. It is dark, but all across you can sense the cavern opens up into other corridors and caves. The roof is high, but not that much, 20, 30 feet in different parts. Smooth stone, a bit slippery form an irregular floor (no need for balance check in most part but some do). The constant sound of water dripping into small ponds and into stalagmites can be heard.

The widest part you are standing in has two smaller alcoves which are part of the 50' wide. Else the cavern is around 35-40 feet wide.

This is what you can see before the gates you came in shut down and dissapear leaving only the natural stone of the cavern and all the lights go off. Complete darkness.

You know, however, that the crowd can see you. Some can see from your perspective. Magically augmented reality they call it. (Roll a will save DC 35).

As soon as the light go off, you can sense danger.

Arael666
2018-10-16, 12:39 PM
Darkness. Adva felt hopeful for a moment, but then she relized that this was not done for theatric reasons. Whatever it was that they were fighting, it surely has an advantage in total darkness. Well, two can play this game chump.

Agh, this damn ring. It gives me the creeps, can't they just watch like normal people? said adva to no one in particular, the felling of not just being whatched, but having her eyes hijacked was infuriating. Someone was gonna pay for this when she got herself free. Wait, is everyone gonna be alright? I can see in the dark just fine, but will you guys be ok? this time she addressed her current companions, not knowing if someone was even willing to answer her.

Come on girl, focus! You're not just fighting for your freedom, your life is on the line here she thought, imediately erecting a psychic barrier arround herself and concentrating to try and listen what lurks beyond the range of her darkvision.

Adva manifested Force Screen (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/forceScreen.htm) burning 9 power points (1 to manifest and 8 to augment the power, granting herself +6 shield bonus to AC
Listen check is 35 (mastery skill, taking 10)
Will save is [roll0]

Gunhaven
2018-10-16, 11:40 PM
Kilgore grins in the dark and opts to wait and see if he needed to grow to massive proportions. Instead his four azure claws take on a shimmer as if they had been dipped in oil and he scans the area. He joined in listening for trouble, using the echos to help judge where they were now and what he had to work with, before he grumbled out a ”I can see. No sport in darkness, though. Maybe they can, too?”
First that Will Save (I’m immune to fear if that matters): [roll0]

Action to manifest Claws of the Vampire. 14 Rounds of healing half my base die damage with the claws!

Also gonna give a listen as well: [roll1]
I also have Darkvision 60 if that matters.

Aegis013
2018-10-17, 12:05 AM
"My eyes don't function in the dark, but I am prepared." Bulwark says as he fumbles for his ioun stone, magically enhanced to glow as a torch, the light spills through his metallic fingers casting dancing shadows until he holds the stone aloft and releases it. It orbits his head slowly, casting light as a torch out to 20ft and providing dim light another 20ft further.

HumanTemplate
2018-10-17, 05:04 AM
With both senses mundane and special you manage to see in this darkness. Bulwark light casts long shadows and creates places for hiding. Those of you with real darkvision actually loath the shimmerign floating stone.

Those who failed the check feel that their senses have been somehow highjacked, making your own eyes part of the viewer experience.

The cavern is silent, you sense something is lurking. The only sound is the water.

Arael666
2018-10-17, 11:11 AM
This doesn't feel right... I don't see anything and I don't hear anything, yet it feels like we're being, I don't know, watched? And I'm not talking about the friggin audience. Anyways, good to see that you're prepared ironskin, but that's just not how I choose to fight. Don't worry, I'll still be here, even if you can't see me

After the gnome finishes her sentence, the light shining from the circling stone enables eveyone to witness as her skin, and even her clothing, assume a pattern very much like the rough stone they are standing on. A keen eye would also be able to watch her form contracting, flickering and vanishing right where it was standing.

As a standard action, Adva manifested the Chameleon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/chameleon.htm) power, burning another power point and supressing the Display with a concentration check (36, mastery skill - taking 10)
As a swift action, Adva manifested the Compression (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/compression.htm) power, burning 15 power points, thus manifesting the power as a swift action, reducing two size categories (currently diminutive) and extending its duration to 1 minute/lvl; and again, supressing the Display as stated above.
As a move action, She used the hide skill to hide where she stands (since Embrace of Shadow class feature grants both concealment and hide in plain sight, she's able to do this I believe), the check is 80 (mastery skill, taking 10)

kinem
2018-10-17, 08:18 PM
ooc: Trake's Will save [roll0] vs DC 35

Thanks to Trake's blindfold which actually gives him blindsight, he typically notices any enemies who might be trying to hide, as long as they are within 30' of him.

"I'm Trake, new temporary comrades. Would be nice if for a change we don't die."

He strides forward. Might as well get on with this charade.

HumanTemplate
2018-10-18, 01:07 AM
(OoC: Waiting for Frendle and Storyteller to post)

The water itself seems alive as if it breathed.

HumanTemplate
2018-10-20, 12:35 AM
(Moving ahead)

The water ponds all around you come to life, forming four water elementals that rise around the stalagmites, gathering the drops from above as well as the water from below. The air dries as the swirling shapes of the elementals takes form.

You can hear the annoying voice of your enslaver: "My dear audience, behold my latest creation! Necrocarnum Water Elementals! Have Fun"

(Roll initiatives)

I got a map of the full dungeon, where could I upload it so we could use it for combat?

Gunhaven
2018-10-21, 04:49 AM
With a grin Kilgore turns to face the elementals, head tilted down slightly as if he meant to charge at one of them like a bull, and he prepared for the chance to get a warm up.

Init!? [roll0]

Arael666
2018-10-21, 02:22 PM
Pondering when whould be the best time to strike, Adva observes the battlefield. At least they have the decency to tell us what we are facing

[roll0]

Aegis013
2018-10-22, 01:25 PM
Bulwark readies his weapon and takes a fighting stance.

[roll0]

HumanTemplate
2018-10-22, 07:55 PM
The Elementals surround you. Rising and drawing the humidity of the cave. there's an unnatural quality to them.

They are very close to you. There's barely space to move.

this is the widest section of the cave, the elementals form (dramatically) on the four corners. The are huge in size, but their shape makes them shorter than hughe. They still have to crouch a little bit t avoid the ceiling.

There's about 20' between you and the elementals, you are well within reach.

They act on initiative count 22.
They can't see invisible creatures.

Gunhaven
2018-10-23, 02:44 AM
Kilgore yelled out enthusiastically ”Let’s see what these ones can do!” He then hustled towards the nearest one and grabbed it with his fists, azure claws, and finally slammed his horned helmet into what was left, if anything.

Manifesting Hustle to get in between/next to one of them.
Full Attacking the one I’m near.
Unarmed Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll2] (13 BAB, 12 Strength, 8 Size (because of Powerful Build and Large Size), 4 Improved Grapple, 8 Girallion Arms)
Grapple Damage: [roll3] (Each natural attack + 2d6 +18 Constrict damage from Crushing Weight of the Mountain)

Unarmed Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll6]
Grapple Damage: [roll7]

Unarmed Attack 3: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll10]
Grapple Damage: [roll11]

Claw 1: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll14]
Grapple Damage: [roll15]

Claw 2: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll18]
Grapple Damage: [roll19]

Claw 3: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll22]
Grapple Damage: [roll23]

Claw 4: [roll24]
Damage: [roll25]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll26]
Grapple Damage: [roll27]

Gore: [roll28]
Damage: [roll29]
Grapple (from Spirit Bear): [roll30]
Grapple Damage: [roll31]

Aegis013
2018-10-24, 12:17 AM
(In case it's relevant, Bulwark elects to fail his Will save, allowing spectators to view the fight using his senses)

Bulwark marches into the middle of the water elementals. "Fight me, you puddle spawns!" he roars mockingly, hoping to attract their attention. He swipes at one with his greatsword, preparing himself for the creatures' retaliation. He glares to get their attention.

Move - go to a centralized position among the water elementals to make himself the most available target for their attacks and threaten as many of them as possible.

Swift: Enter Iron Guard's Glare stance - any elemental Bulwark threatens gets a -4 to hit against targets that aren't Bulwark and know it

Standard Action: Adamantine Bones - [roll0], giving up 5 for Stone Power
[roll1] physical damage and [roll2] lightning damage
If it hits, Bulwark gains DR 20/adamantine until his next turn and gains 10 temporary HP.

kinem
2018-10-25, 09:42 PM
Elementals? Damn, they are immune to most of my tricks.

Note to self: Don't ever fight that dude with the crazy amount of arms.

Trake nonetheless heads over to the nearest elemental. Flames sprout from his fist as he attempts to punch it.

ooc: Assuming it's not close enough for a 5' step.

PA 10; attack [roll0]; damage [roll1] + [roll2] fire

Arael666
2018-10-25, 10:31 PM
An rainbow-flash of light sweept away right where Adva was standing moments ago, just long enough to show her form dissapearing again only to reappear inside one of the elementals. As soon as she was there, her cloak flung open revealing four clawed arms that teared at the innards of the creature

As a swift action, Adva manifests Hustle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hustle.htm), burning 3 PP
As a move action, Adva manifests Dimension Slide (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/dimensionSlide.htm) burning 9 PP and teleports inside one of the water elementals
As a free action, adva designates the water elemental she is inside of as the target for her midnight dodge feat
As a full round action, Adva full attacks the water elemental she is inside:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
(her damage is 21 in every attack)