PDA

View Full Version : [SF]Shattered Worlds

In4Dimensions
2018-10-15, 11:05 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/c3/f5/38c3f5ffcdaef5bf8fa8183f2c81a125.jpg

Shattered Worlds

Your boots clank off the riveted metal floors as you enter the office of your boss, Verrik. He’s a human in his late 40s, and from the fat that’s accumulated on his belly, it’s clear that he has probably never done a day’s worth of hard work in his life. As you approach him, he waves at you, motioning for you to sit on the chairs littered around his office. As soon as the last of you are seated, he starts talking. “Excellent, exellent! You’re here. Though I was expecting one or two more of you...” his voice trails off. “But, no matter! I’ve got a job for you rookies. Basic salvage job, nothing special. There’s a planet a few hundred light-years away. The name’s Kaglan H32, though I doubt you’d recognize it. A couple years ago, the populace was playing around with graviton tech, but they messed it up and crashed their moon into the planet. It’s mostly been picked clean already, but your job is to go find what’s left. Bring me back 3000 credits, but the rest is yours. You’ve even got a ship waiting for you— one of the Explorer-class models. Just do me a favor and try not to destroy it, alright?” Verrik pauses, then pipes up again. “Anything you want to know before you leave? If so, better make it quick.”

What do you do?

Everyone, pick a color for speech. Red and bold are reserved by me for NPCs.

BramsesII
2018-10-15, 05:09 PM
Uisa Kifua

Uisa Kifua (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1712787) Lashunta (Damaya) Envoy 5 NG HP 34 / 34 RES 6 / 6 STAM 35 / 35 Speed ft Init 7 KAC 19 EAC 18 Fort 4 Ref 7 Will 4 CMB 27 BAB 3 Arc pistol, static +6 (1d6+2, Arc 2) Str 10 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 16 (3) Cha 18 (4)

A Lashunta woman walks in, bowing towards Verrik before taking a seat as instructed. She's wearing typical lashunta form-fitting clothes. She's not expecting trouble and therefore not wearing any armor. The armor's stored in her backpack, but there is a blaster she carries openly on her hip. As the others come in, she looks at each of them, offering a quick nod. Introductions can follow afterwards. "Thank you, master Verrik, for the opportunity to work for a great company as the IDRC. I'll be sure to put my education in xenoarchaeology to good use. And rest assured, we won't crash the ship. I've only been in one crash so far and that wasn't my fault." She looks at her - her what, companions? Fellow rookies? - before turning back to Verrik to ask a few questions.

"I did have a couple of questions, actually. This planet, Kaglan H32, do you have any information on it that could be of use to us? Climate information, previously inhabited continents, what sorts of civilizations existed, best place to look for salvage, that sort of thing. For the sake of efficiency, information like that would be very helpful." She waits for him to answer before asking another question.

"Also, you said you have a job for us rookies. I assumed that I'd be joining an experienced crew, or at least that there would be someone with previous salvaging experience on board. Did I misunderstand that part? Are we indeed an entirely new crew for the company?" She looks at the others again. "Honestly, I don't mind. It's just not entirely what I was expecting."

I'll be claiming green unless someone else really really wants it.

ninjabot
2018-10-15, 08:25 PM
"I've done salvage work before, but this'll be my first run with IDRC" Aya says quietly in response to the lashunta's query. She doesn't have any visible weapons, but is wearing a D-Suit that's clearly seen some action.

She turns towards Verrik. "She's not wrong either. Even if it's been mostly picked over a tip on where to start looking could make this easier for everyone." She pauses, glancing back towards Uisa and grins, "though I'm not sure I'd trust her behind the controls of a ship if that's her opening line about crashes."

taking indigo for speech

Genth
2018-10-16, 04:02 AM
At the back of the group, BlackStar Alpha looms, slightly ominously. So far, all he has been used for by the company have been guard jobs - this appears different. "Occupational Directive: Accepted. Reply: Thank you, Manager Ferrik." he says, voice clipped, robotic in style and yet still somehow organic in tone. "Additional Query: Do we have an assigned 'Captain'?"

In4Dimensions
2018-10-16, 08:33 AM
Uisa Kifua

A Lashunta woman walks in, bowing towards Verrik before taking a seat as instructed. She's wearing typical lashunta form-fitting clothes. She's not expecting trouble and therefore not wearing any armor. The armor's stored in her backpack, but there is a blaster she carries openly on her hip. As the others come in, she looks at each of them, offering a quick nod. Introductions can follow afterwards. "Thank you, master Verrik, for the opportunity to work for a great company as the IDRC. I'll be sure to put my education in xenoarchaeology to good use. And rest assured, we won't crash the ship. I've only been in one crash so far and that wasn't my fault." She looks at her - her what, companions? Fellow rookies? - before turning back to Verrik to ask a few questions.

"I did have a couple of questions, actually. This planet, Kaglan H32, do you have any information on it that could be of use to us? Climate information, previously inhabited continents, what sorts of civilizations existed, best place to look for salvage, that sort of thing. For the sake of efficiency, information like that would be very helpful." She waits for him to answer before asking another question.

Verrik answers. ”But of course! We don’t want you dying out there. First, the climate: pretty warm, and breathable. Hazard protection and life support is not needed. However, you may have some trouble with the dust storms kicked up by the impact. As for continents and civilizations, you won’t have to worry about those; we’ve got a site for you. Former city. We’ve already done orbital scans, and there’s no sign of life. The coordinates are already entered into your ship. As for places to look, the sturdier the building, the better. Anything with traces of electricity is probably worth checking out as well.”

"Also, you said you have a job for us rookies. I assumed that I'd be joining an experienced crew, or at least that there would be someone with previous salvaging experience on board. Did I misunderstand that part? Are we indeed an entirely new crew for the company?" She looks at the others again. "Honestly, I don't mind. It's just not entirely what I was expecting."

Verrik laughs, slightly nervously. “To be honest, I don’t know. None of you have been employed at this company before, but as for previous jobs, I have no idea. I’m not the one who hired you.”

At the back of the group, BlackStar Alpha looms, slightly ominously. So far, all he has been used for by the company have been guard jobs - this appears different. "Occupational Directive: Accepted. Reply: Thank you, Manager Ferrik." he says, voice clipped, robotic in style and yet still somehow organic in tone. "Additional Query: Do we have an assigned 'Captain'?"

Verrik is definitely spooked by the android, but his voice doesn’t show it. “Ah, not at the moment. I thought you would have had a fifth member of your crew, but perhaps they’re late. In any case, you may assign yourself to whatever roles you want on your ship.”

BramsesII
2018-10-16, 04:37 PM
Uisa Kifua

"though I'm not sure I'd trust her behind the controls of a ship if that's her opening line about crashes."

Uisa looks at Aya. "I'll have you know I'm a very capable pilot. I wasn't flying when we crashed. But I guess we can discuss that later."

Verrik answers. ”But of course! We don’t want you dying out there. First, the climate: pretty warm, and breathable. Hazard protection and life support is not needed. However, you may have some trouble with the dust storms kicked up by the impact. As for continents and civilizations, you won’t have to worry about those; we’ve got a site for you. Former city. We’ve already done orbital scans, and there’s no sign of life. The coordinates are already entered into your ship. As for places to look, the sturdier the building, the better. Anything with traces of electricity is probably worth checking out as well.”

Verrik laughs, slightly nervously. “To be honest, I don’t know. None of you have been employed at this company before, but as for previous jobs, I have no idea. I’m not the one who hired you.”

"Thank you. It's good to have some information on where we're going. If you say there's no signs of life, does that include animal and plant life as well? Because that would be ominous. You'd expect a city to be overrun by animals after complete societal collapse."

"As for the crew, I guess we can sort that out once we get going." She turns to her fellow rookies. "I'm Uisa Kifua. As I said, I'm a xenoarchaeologist by training and have spent the last three years doing various things as part of a starship crew. More detailed introductions can follow later."

Genth
2018-10-16, 05:46 PM
Alpha's head moves slowly to look at Uisa - the single, vertical rectangle of his eye flickers slightly for a moment before he replies. "Designation: I am BlackStar Alpha. I am an experimental combat/enforcement unit designed for independent action, with baseline knowledge of all ship systems. Clarification: I can fit in most any role on the ship, but will exceed in the Gunnery role. Gesture of Warmth: It is good to meet you, Uisa."

In4Dimensions
2018-10-16, 07:52 PM
Uisa Kifua
"Thank you. It's good to have some information on where we're going. If you say there's no signs of life, does that include animal and plant life as well? Because that would be ominous. You'd expect a city to be overrun by animals after complete societal collapse."

”I meant only that there is no sentient life. The plants and animals shouldn’t bother you.” Verrik says.

shizukanashi
2018-10-17, 01:15 PM
BRIN (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1715772)

The young human woman sitting in the corner is only nonchalantly listening and instead is playing with a simple token spell, levitating a top-like object in her hand and spinning it with delight and fasination as it emits light and sparks. Alpha seems to have gotten her attention.

"Drift!" She uses the slang for amazing and weird as she leaps to her feet, the spell-form dissipating into the air with a wispy wheeze followed by a small electric pop. "Combat enforcement? Like fer real? Sounds like maybe we are expecting the fauna to be a bit more trouble than you are letting on 'gree Verrik?" She spends a bit of time looking over the android, sometimes even lifting an arm or turning your head to look at exposed servos and hyrdolics. Satisfied she joins the conversation at hand.

"Its not my first salvage either. I can put us down sans crashing on this planet. Maybe even put us back together if we decide to let Captain Acedemia here fly." She points quickly to Uisa before turninng Aya.

"So what's your story. Love the hair." She casually runs a hand through her own blue hair hoping for a returned compliment.

BramsesII
2018-10-17, 04:58 PM
Uisa

Uisa's eyes turn to Brin when the seemingly quiet girl suddenly speaks up. "Captain Academia? If I hadn't co-published several articles in two very renowned archaeological journals that would be a bit of an insult." She looks around at the group. "So this is our ragtag group of salvagers? And everyone's experienced in all sorts of starship roles? That's going to be a joy to figure out."

The lashunta turns back to Verrik. "I think we are ready to depart, master Verrik. Unless anyone else had any more questions to ask? As I said, we can trade introductions and stories once we're on our way."

ninjabot
2018-10-17, 05:35 PM
Aya glances over at Brin when the girl goes from silently fidgeting to an outburst of questions. She grins at the sudden change. "Thanks, kiddo. I don't think now is the time to swap campfire stories though."

"Unless our shiny new ship uses some kind of experimental control scheme I can get us from point A to point B and back. I can fill in most anywhere else in a pinch, but unless you want the kid driving I think I should take the stick." She says, addressing Uisa, but kind of talking to everyone. "Name's Aya by the way, but most crews end up finding some 'clever' nickname before too awful long."

BramsesII
2018-10-19, 07:38 AM
Uisa

"Aya is right, campfire stories can wait until we get on board, no matter how eager you are to tell her."

She gets up and turns to the others. A good look at her reveals she has emerald green eyes, unnaturally so. "Right. Shall we then, Blackstar Alpha, Aya and uh... miss colourful coiffure. What's your name again?" Uisa looks at Brin, waiting for an answer before continuing.

"So, we've got a pilot," she points at Aya, "an engineer - that's what you were hinting at, right? - ", at Brin, "and a gunner. Can you handle the scanners when we're not in trouble?", and finally at Blackstar Alpha.

"That leaves someone to sit in the captain's seat. And since I've been dubbed captain academia I'll take that particular seat and help out where needed in a pinch."

"Shall we?"

shizukanashi
2018-10-19, 10:03 PM
"Right. Shall we then, Blackstar Alpha, Aya and uh... miss colourful coiffure. What's your name again?" Uisa looks at Brin, waiting for an answer before continuing.

"Brin. Brin Disar...ah, just Brin." She smiles and tries to play off her slip. This was a job nothing more, no need to bring family into it.

She gives an audible sigh of relief when Usia accepts that and continues with her speech. Watching the Lashunta command the room, Brin began to think she may have judged her too soon. Perhaps Usia would prove to be a great captain. Certainly better than her last one...

"an engineer - that's what you were hinting at, right?... Shall we?", at Brin,

"Yes Ma'am." She chortled perhaps a little too enthusiastically. "If its broke, I can put it back together, don't much matter what it is. Ready to go!" She claps her heels together and stands errect like a naval cadet, and falls just short of a salute when she realizes her sudden excitement is a bit over the top.

"Er...ah...that is if yer all...ready..." She pulls her jacket up around her ears and heads back to her corner trying to play off like she forget something there.

AtS
2018-10-20, 12:32 AM
Wulv

The massive Vesk stands up from his crouched position at the back of the office. He'd somehow gone unnoticed until now, unmoving and silent, watching the crew assemble in the office over the past ten minutes. A man of little words and simple emotions, Wulv serves a similar purpose on any job Verrik sends him on - muscle. The Vesk and the human go way back, Verrik having hired Wulv as a bodyguard and bouncer for several misadventures in the past.

He stares at each of his newfound companions with cold, dull eyes, his piercing gaze locking with each one in turn. "Aye. Wulv ready. We go?" He says, flatly, answering Brin's question with his own. He follows this up by collecting a small bundle of supplies near his position, including a large chrome-plated machine gun that he straps to his back. His Vesk Overplate Armor is scratched and worn, but still as impressively large and bulky as the powerful creature wearing it.

While he waits for action, Wulv picks at a loose scale on his arm, eventually tearing it free and flicking it onto the metal floor in front of him. A bit of viscous blood seeps out from the wound, though he doesn't seem to notice as it slowly runs down his forearm and drips to the ground.

ninjabot
2018-10-20, 09:12 AM
Aya makes a bit of a face at the vesk's dripping blood. "Yeah ... yeah, we go big fella." She says, turning back to Verrik. "You got a dock number or anything for us to head to and earn us all fame and fortune?"

BramsesII
2018-10-20, 04:43 PM
Uisa

"Brin. Brin Disar...ah, just Brin."

"Yes Ma'am." "If its broke, I can put it back together, don't much matter what it is. Ready to go!"

"Er...ah...that is if yer all...ready..."

Uisa smiles at Brin. "Enthusiasm. I like that. We'll get along fine Brin, I'm sure of that."

Wulv
"Aye. Wulv ready. We go?"

She then turns to Wulv. "My apologies, good sir. I didn't realize you were part of the crew as well. I suppose I was assuming you were here as master Verrik's bodyguard. Again, my apologies. I am honoured to work alongside you. That goes for everyone, actually."

"You got a dock number or anything for us to head to and earn us all fame and fortune?"

"That's a very good question. Where do we go so we can leave on our expedition to earn you and credits, master Verrik?"

In4Dimensions
2018-10-20, 10:11 PM
Verrik appears pleased that your group is ready to leave. “Your ship’s in hangar T-18. As I said, nav’s all set, so just hit the autopilot and the ship should fly itself. Now, shoo!”

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c1/29/9b/c1299bd4f7836da1fe0243b025185370.jpg

You find your ship with no trouble, and the nav coordinates are already in the computer as promised. Aya takes the ship out of the space station, and a few minutes later, you’re flying through hyperspace. After a few hours, you drop into local space and prepare for decent to the coordinates provided. As you’re landing, you can see the remnants of a city a mile or so out; this is likely what drew the attention of the corporation. When you step outside of the ship, however, a dust storm is blowing, reducing visibility slightly.

All Perception DCs are increased by 5 unless you have Tremorsense, and everything gains a 10% miss chance against ranged attacks.

BramsesII
2018-10-21, 03:48 PM
Uisa

Uisa has been taking advantage of the few hours to get to know the others a little better, without getting into real personal detail about herself. When their destination approaches however she goes more quiet, almost as if she's nervous. She does congratulate Aya on a nice landing, but it's nowhere near as enthusiatic as she's been during the earlier conversation. As the ship touches down, she looks around. "Right... uh... everyone prepare to disembark. I uh... assume we don't need to leave anyone behind to guard the ship, right?"

Uisa is the last to grab her things, and she's also the last to leave the ship. She seems nervous going planetside. "I uh... who wants to take point?" She's clearly not in her element outside.

ninjabot
2018-10-21, 07:15 PM
When first boarding the ship Aya takes a moment to familiarize herself with any eccentricities in the controls, but as she takes off and lands it's obvious that flying is something she enjoys and probably doesn't get to do very often. After going through the landing sequence and activating the ship's security she disembarks (apparently right in front of Uisa unless other folks are intentionally hanging back as well).

Uisa is the last to grab her things, and she's also the last to leave the ship. She seems nervous going planetside. "I uh... who wants to take point?" She's clearly not in her element outside.

Once out in the blowing grit Aya reaches up and pats Wulv on the shoulder. "I think that's your cue big fella. You gotta keep Cap Academia here far from harm." She stops for a second and then adds. "If you want to keep me far from harm that'd be nice too." She adjusts her armor slightly to keep the dust from getting in through any seams and takes a look around.

Aya isn't specifically hanging back to try and be the last off, it probably just takes a few to cycle everything down, so anyone that is specifically hanging back will be able to get off after her, if you, not that much after her so she can set the locks and all.
Also, since we're in a new environment and all, perception check to see if anything out of the ordinary grabs her attention - [roll0]

Genth
2018-10-21, 08:13 PM
Alpha makes his way down the ramp onto the ground of the planet slowly, moving his head from one side to the other slowly. "Caring Offer: I shall also keep you from harm, co-workers." he says in response to Aya, before turning to acknowledge Uisa "Remark: It is unfortunate that long-range uplinks are unavailable in our current resource bracket. Resigned agreement: We have little choice but to leave the ship." he pauses for a moment, looking out across the landscape. Conditional Report: My optics are impaired in this environment. Recommend designation 'point' to someone with advanced perceptive ability."

BramsesII
2018-10-23, 04:30 PM
Uisa

The Lashunta looks at the others for a moment, then lets out a long sigh. C'mon Smokey, you offered to be the captain on this ship. Pull yourself together. She straightens her shoulders. She sighs again.

"Alright. So, here's the uh... the plan." She clears her throat. "The plan: we head to the city over there and see if we can find anything of value. Mister Wulv," she looks at the Vesk, "do you want to take point? Oh, and I think we're all suffering under the poor visibility, Blackstar Alpha. Could you stay close to Wulv so that we have an extra pair of eyes up front?"

She then turns to Aya and Brin. "We will keep an eye on the sides and the rear. Keep an eye out for anything that moves. Oh, and keep your weapons ready."

Uisa gets ready to leave, then realizes something. "Oh, if you have anything that might help us in this hostile environment now's the time to mention it." She lets out another sigh. Alright, that wasn't too bad.

Doing a perception check once we get underway: [roll0]

AtS
2018-10-23, 10:20 PM
Wulv

Wulv spends the majority of the journey to Kaglan H32 quietly tending to his weapons. The massive Vesk is short of tongue but very dilligent when it comes to gear care and maintenance. As the ship descends from orbit into the atmosphere of the planet, and the vicious dust storms swirling outside are picked up by the sensors, Wulv makes a second pass of his loadout for the mission. His pack is laden with munitions, strapped in various pockets and compartments lining the outside of his combat-grade pack. Then, in a larger pocket, there's five R2E rations packed neatly in a stack, chrome canisters gleaming. Lashed to the outside of the pack with a cord is an industrial-grade mobile hotelier. The Vesk lifts the heavily-outfitted pack with ease and straps it to his back.

Finally, the starship doors open and Wulv steps out onto the surface. He cups a hand over his visor, peering out into the obscured horizon. He can barely make out the outline of the city ruins beyond the harsh conditions of the dust storm enveloping the group. He listens attentively while the others plan, though doesn't offer any suggestions himself. Wulv is a simple man, content to follow orders and crack heads when needed.

When Aya pats his shoulder, he slowly turns his head and smiles blankly. "Wulv got yer back." Curt and matter-of-fact, he answers, in his low, rumbling tone. At Uisa's query, Wulv snaps into a quick salute, and says, "Take point. Roger." He moves to the front of the formation, his boots crunching heavily in the unfamiliar soil below.

Genth
2018-10-23, 11:07 PM
"Affirmative: Taking second point." Alpha replies, moving up the group to stand about 3 meters back and to the left of Wulv. His own steps are disquietingly precise, their rhythm extremely regular. "Designate Wulv: Report on both potential hostile activity and geometric shapes indicating possible salvage."

Perception : [roll0]

ninjabot
2018-10-23, 11:13 PM
Aya shakes her head as a half grin spreads across her face, glad that the rest of the group seems to know how to handle themselves. "No weapons to speak of, but I'll take rear point. You and Brin take the sides." She says, dropping back a bit to make sure nothing sneaks up on the others.

Perception for the journey - [roll0]

Genth
2018-10-23, 11:22 PM
"Rebuttal: Incorrect. My weaponry systems are implanted into my super and substructure. It offers tactical advantage." Alpha replies, the android too walking around with narry a weapon to be seen.

AtS
2018-10-24, 06:21 AM
Wulv

The Vesk mercenary nods at BlackStar Alpha’s designation. “Can’t see far. Ruins close though,” he replies, giving the dust-blasted surroundings another quick scan. “Don’t see hostiles.”

He chuckles a little when the others describe their weapons and natural capabilities. Wulv balls a fist and punches his opposite palm a couple of times, his armor plating clanking loudly when he does so. The merc is outfitted in battle-worn overplate, custom-made for his bulky frame, even for a Vesk. His trusty Squad Machine Gun, slung over his back in the holster hanging from his pack, and his armored fists make the Vesk quite the combat powerhouse.

Wulv feels a familiar excitement wash over him. Battle. Adventure. Danger. It’s what he lives for.

In4Dimensions
2018-10-27, 08:52 AM
After about an hour of walking, you arrive at the ruined city. Upon seeing it up close, you all fall quiet. Buildings, built in strange alien shapes, stand tall and desolate. You are all struck by how utterly silent the city is. Nothing moves but you. Dust has accumulated everywhere, but if you scrape some of it off the street, you can see the old street below. It almost seems as though you are entering a tomb, a long-forgotten relic of history.

You search the city for an hour or two, but find nothing. As you’re about to leave, however, Alpha hears a faint clicking coming from one of the dust-covered buildings.

Perception checks, everyone.

AtS
2018-10-27, 12:57 PM
Wulv

Wulv angrily kicks a bit of rubble in the street. "Gruh! Wulv hate wasting time!" The vesk is frustrated with the fruitless search they'd undertaken so far. Something shiny, or something dangerous, or anything was better than wandering around a dusty city for a few hours with absolutely no action. He'd hyped himself up for some fun on the way out, and his waning enthusiasm now manifests as frustration and impatience.

He's too busy grumbling and fretting to himself to notice the noise.

Perception: I'll take a 1 here, because Wulv isn't really paying attention, for a result of 2

ninjabot
2018-10-27, 01:43 PM
Aya trudges through the city, not quite ready to give up when the others are, but not feeling high spirited enough to protest when the team starts leaving.

[roll0]

Genth
2018-10-27, 04:13 PM
Alpha searches through the route methodically and without complaint, moving from building to building to look briefly inside. "Search Result: Negative." he says, after each location searched, although he makes it somewhat quieter when he gets a glare from one of the others. Then comes the clicking sound. Immediately he turns to look towards the location of the clicking, and his eye seems to narrow as he sweeps his gaze across the location. "Alert: Possible activity - 3 O'clock."

[roll0]

BramsesII
2018-10-27, 05:42 PM
Uisa

Uisa tries her best to look disappointed when their search seems to be fruitless. In reality, she's relieved. They may not have found anything of value, but at least there's been no trouble so far. She really prefers to keep herself out of fights unless they happen between spaceships. Well, they might as well turn around and return to the ship. Maybe another scan of the surroudings would point them in the right direction.

Uisa turns to Brin as they begin moving back to the ship. "Are you okay Brin, you've been awfully quiet since we..." She's interrupted by Blackstar Alpha. Oh no.

Perception: [roll0]

In4Dimensions
2018-10-29, 10:57 PM
You all turn to face the direction where the sound is coming from. You can tell that it’s coming from inside an old, but still functional, door. It looks almost like a vault door; however, the lock on the outside seems to have been chipped away by something. Brin draws the short straw, so she goes through the door to investigate. Just a second or two after she enters the room, something slams the door closed from the inside, Brin lets out one terrible, piercing scream, and everything falls silent once again.

What do you do?

BramsesII
2018-10-30, 03:22 PM
Uisa

The activity seems to come from behind a door. Nobody seems to want to go in first, so Uisa - being captain - takes a deep breath. "Alright. Somebody should go and have a look. Carefully. Any volunteers?"

"Not you Wulv, you stand out like a sore thumb. So'll you, Blackstar Alpha. No, the rest of us will draw straws." Uisa gathers up some straws and almost sighs of relief when she doesn't draw the short straw.

"Alright, Brin. Be careful in there. Don't venture in too far and come back out at the first sign of trouble."

You all turn to face the direction where the sound is coming from. You can tell that it’s coming from inside an old, but still functional, door. It looks almost like a vault door; however, the lock on the outside seems to have been chipped away by something. Brin draws the short straw, so she goes through the door to investigate. Just a second or two after she enters the room, something slams the door closed from the inside, Brin lets out one terrible, piercing scream, and everything falls silent once again.

For a second after the scream, Uisa is silent. Then, she realizes her horrible mistake. She taps her comm unit to talk to Brin. "Brin, come in! Brin!"

She doesn't even wait for a response and turns to the others. "We have to save her! Uh... Draw your weapons everyone. Blackstar Alpha, Aya, you guys and me will take aim for the door and shoot the first scary thing that comes racing out there. Wulv, open the door on my command." She takes up a position in front of the door, a few steps away. Then, the lashunta draws her pistol with shaking hands and aims it at the door. "Positions!"

If everyone agrees with the plan, Uisa's going to shout "Go!" the moment everyone is in position. And reading a shot in case something hostile storms out.

ninjabot
2018-10-30, 03:44 PM
Aya nods at Uisa's plan, moving as far back as she can while still having a clear shot at the door and keeping within everyone else's line of sight. As she moves her feet stop making contact with the ground and she hovers about a foot in the air, taking a moment to concentrate as everyone else gets into position. There's no visible effect, but anyone paying attention will see that the swirling dust stops just short of making contact with Aya or any of her equipment.

She still doesn't seem to be carrying a weapon, but her hands are raised slightly and aimed at the door like she's ready to throw something.

Plan seems as good as any to me. While everyone's getting in to position Aya'll spend a swift action to activate her force shield feat. It doesn't have a duration limit, but I just realized that I had said it was active yet.

Also, not sure if it'll be necessary for this conflict since we're basically just readying actions to light a mofo up, but in case it is, initiative - [roll0]

Genth
2018-10-30, 03:52 PM
Alpha nods to Usia, moving out to take a position perhaps twenty feet away from the door, arms raised in front of him. Several small panels open up along the length of his arms, an odd, almost painful to look at light seeping from the opened ports.

Move Action Gathering Power, readying to Fire an Empowered blast at any hostiles.

AtS
2018-10-30, 04:17 PM
Wulv

Unphased by Brin's scream, Wulv salutes when Usia orders him into position at the door. He stomps up to the vault door and stows his weapon on his back. Then, the massive Vesk soldier places both hands on the door, digging his gloved hands into the seam, ready to wrench the whole thing open on his captain's command. "Rrready!" he growls, glancing back at the others.

Rolling preemptively to keep things moving.
Athletics: [roll0]

In4Dimensions
2018-10-30, 04:50 PM
Wulv throws the door open, and you all gaze in. Through the door, you see an empty room, maybe 40 feet across, shrouded in darkness, save for the light pouring through the open door. Being shielded from the atmospheric effects of the meteor, what little dust in the room has all collected on the floor. You can see that the dust has been disturbed recently; a set of tracks lead in and suddenly stop. There are additional lines cutting through the dust, as if something with sharp, thin claws has been walking around.

Within the room, the 10% miss chance does not apply.

On the other side of the room, there is another door. This one has a faint blue light leaking out from above and below the doorframe. There is no body in sight, but as your ears adjust after Brin’s scream, you can hear a steady dripping. A few feet from the entrance, where the tracks stop, you see a small puddle of blood. Every few seconds, another drop falls from the darkness above, adding to the pool. No hostiles are in sight.

What do you do?
If you all decide to move into the room, you can just tell me on Discord, to speed things up.

AtS
2018-10-30, 05:25 PM
Wulv

The Vesk peers into the room, his reptilian eyes adjusting quickly to the darkness. With a quick tap on his shoulder com unit, he engages the flashlight function and floods the dark room with more light. Then, not noticing any immediate danger, he strides up to the pool of blood, stopping down to dip a finger in to the thick red fluid. He raises it up to his lips and licks the claw. “Human?” he says to himself.

In4Dimensions
2018-10-31, 01:38 PM
As all of you enter the room, you shine light beams across the ceiling, trying to spot whatever killed Brin. As Aya sweeps her beam across the rafters, she catches a glimpse of something shiny and metallic, moving quickly to escape the light. You try to find it again, but cannot. A few seconds later, 3 large, metallic drones fly out of the darkness, straight towards the party. They all have long, sharp claws, and the claws of two of them are stained red. Additionally, some of the dust in the middle of the room starts to accumulate, forming a rocky sphere with legs and arms. It starts walking towards you, and it doesn’t look friendly.

Party
Assorted baddies

You all managed to get higher initiative than the enemies, nice job.

AtS
2018-10-31, 04:06 PM
Wulv

Immediately, adrenaline surges through the Vesk's bloodstream. This moment is what he's been waiting for - what he lives for. Wulv bellows ferociously, lashing out with a scaled fist towards the nearest drone. After letting loose his attack, he unslings his Squad Machine Gun from his back and prepares to fire if any foes come near and leave an opening. "Come and get some! ROAAAAR!" he yells, his eyes wild and menacing, veins rippling in his neck.

Actions
Standard: Natural weapon attack on the enemy labeled S.
Attack: [roll0] vs KAC
Damage: [roll1]
Move: Draw the Squad Machine Gun

Special: Wulv's Barrage sphere talent Vigilant Sharpshooter (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/barrage) allows him to threaten a 5-foot radius with his ranged attacks. He can take AoOs with the Squad Machine Gun, without provoking an opponent's AoO for firing a ranged weapon in melee range.

Genth
2018-10-31, 04:28 PM
Moving smoothly and swiftly, Alpha steps forwards to stand next to Wulv, and the panels on his arm gleam brightly before a ripple of that slightly painful light bursts out from the android's arms, slamming into the drone with enough force to send it flying.

Gravity blast with Pushing Infusion

Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Bull Rush [roll2]

Note if the Bull Rush beats their CMD, they are pushed back 5ft, plus another 5ft for every 5 I beat it. They'll also eat an AOO from Wulv

In4Dimensions
2018-10-31, 04:55 PM
The combined force of Wulv’s punch and Alpha’s blast send one of the robots flying across the room, obviously broken and nonfunctional.

BramsesII
2018-10-31, 06:04 PM
Uisa

Uisa levels her gun at the nearest robot and... takes a step back, behind Alpha. She yells at the nearest robot to her. "Where's Brin, what did you do to her, you crazy robot-thing? Tell me! Look at me! Where is she?!"

Move action to take a guarded step back to behind Alpha.
Standard action to use Clever Feint (https://www.starjammersrd.com/classes/envoy/) on the robot to the right of Aya:

Bluff check: + 1d6[/roll]1

As a standard action, you can fake out an enemy within 60 feet, making that enemy open to your attacks. Attempt a Bluff check with the same DC as a check to feint against that enemy (though this isn’t a standard check to feint, so Improved Feint and Greater Feint don’t apply). Even if you fail, that enemy is flat-footed against your attacks until the end of your next turn. If you succeed, the enemy is also flat-footed against your allies’ attacks until the end of your next turn. You can’t use clever feint against a creature that lacks an Intelligence score.

ninjabot
2018-10-31, 06:50 PM
Aya watches as Wulv and Alpha open up on the stained drone before deciding that the elemental is probably the largest threat. She blinks out of existence, reappearing 10 feet to the left of Wulv and about 20 feet in the air, she seems to be holding a curved piece of obsidian that she throws at the elemental, hoping to carve a chunk out of him.

Move action - use Warp to quick teleport into the air off to the side
Standard action - Stone Blast aimed at the elemental
Attack - [roll0] vs. EAC, ignores SR, spell turning, etc
Damage - [roll1] piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning damage, overcomes DR as a magic weapon
Non-action - use Kinetic Drift feat to not fall, floating in the air 20 ft up

In4Dimensions
2018-11-01, 02:30 PM
The elemental goes down after a single blast, and the two remaining robots turn towards the party with a vengeance. They fly up into the rafters, then dive down towards Aya. One of them slashes Aya with its claws, while the other tosses what looks like a grenade at the rest of the party. Alpha dodges out of the way in time, but the grenade explodes right next to Uisa and Wulv, coating them in a sticky, quick-drying substance.

Aya takes 8 slashing damage.

Wulv and Uisa are entangled for [roll0] rounds; Alpha made his save. You recognize the grenade used as a Stickybomb Grenade, a type of grenade favored by bounty hunters and security for its nonlethal, yet effective, explosive.

BramsesII
2018-11-01, 04:29 PM
Uisa

"EEK! What the... what's this sticky stuff?" Uisa yells out when she's hit by the grenade. She doesn't immediately notice the robot attacking Aya, but when she does she yells for everyone to attack the robot attacking the ship's pilot. "That one! Get him! You can do it!"

Move action to use Get 'Em against the robot that slashed at Aya. Everyone gets a +1 to attack that enemy.
Standard action to attack that robot (w/ entangled, Get 'Em: -1 atk):

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Get ’Em (Ex) [language-dependent, mind-affecting, sense-dependent]
As a move action, you can choose one enemy within 60 feet.

Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies gain a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls made against that enemy. The bonus persists even if the enemy moves beyond 60 feet or out of line of sight or hearing.

At 6th level, you can spend 1 Resolve Point to grant this bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls against all enemies who are within 60 feet.

Genth
2018-11-01, 07:03 PM
Alpha moves out of the roll he made to dodge the grenade, moving deeper into the room before rising up and turning, soft 'pffts' coming from his arms as he sends another wave of distorted light towards the remaining enemy.

Moving three spaces up, one space left. (Should be 3 spaces left of E), targeting A with grav-blast, once again with pushing infusion

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

ninjabot
2018-11-01, 08:46 PM
As the drone comes in for its slash Aya does her blink trick again, ending up 10 ft to the left of the drone. Hearing Uisa's encouragement she conjures another piece of obsidian and launches it at the drone before disappearing again and materializing in the far corner of the room.

reaction to being attacked - spend a spell point to immediate action teleport away from the drone.
on Aya's actual turn:
Standard Action - Stone Blast the drone that tried to attack her-
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Move action - teleport even further away and another square up, using Kinetic Drift to avoid falling

AtS
2018-11-01, 10:44 PM
Wulv

Wulv chuckles loudly while he unleashes a hail of bullets on the two remaining drones. The muzzle flash illuminates his maniacal grin while he unloads round after round into his metal foes. He advances on the nearest drone while bullets spray across the room. The Vesk seems overcome with almost childlike glee. "HAH! TASTE WULV'S BULLETS, RUSTBUCKETS!" His bellowing voice rises above the cacophony of bullets.

Actions
Standard: Barrage attack action, two attacks at -3 (-1 Barrage, -2 Entangled), one on each remaining drone.
Attack 1: [roll0] (-2 from entangled, so 18)
Damage 1: [roll1] (Crit: [roll2])
Attack 2: [roll3] (-2 from entangled, 26)
Damage 2: [roll4] (Crit: [roll5]
Move: Guarded Step Move to follow the nearest drone A. (Forgot about entangled here, so no Guarded step, just a normal move)

In4Dimensions
2018-11-04, 12:15 AM
The remaining drones go down in a hail of cascading metal.

Combat is over.

BramsesII
2018-11-04, 05:13 AM
Uisa

With the drones down, Uisa turns her focus to the task at hand. Sticky stuff. It takes her a moment to free herself from her situation, as the gunk dissolves by itself. Now free, she carefully puts her weapon away with shaking hands. The lashunta looks at the others, speaking with wavering voice. "W... Well done. Did anyone see Brin?"

She flips on her comm again and takes a deep breath. "Brin! Brin, come in, are you out there?" Just static. "Look around for signs of her, everyone."

Taking a perception check to see if there's any signs of Brin's remains.
Perception: [roll0]

ninjabot
2018-11-04, 08:17 PM
The fight over, Aya descends slowly to the ground, stopping about a foot off the floor. "Well, that was certainly bracing. Anyone know what the hell these things were doing here?" She asks, kicking one of the fallen drones idly before joining the search for Brin.

Perception roll - [roll0]

Genth
2018-11-04, 09:46 PM
"Response: Affirmative." Alpha replies, the ports on his arms closing as he turns to continue the search along with the others

[roll0]

AtS
2018-11-04, 10:01 PM
Wulv

Wulv steps on one of the downed drones, grinning while the metal makes a satisfying CRUNCH under his heavy boot. "Heh." Then, he slowly notices the others have pressed forward, searching for their missing comrade. He sniffs the air. "Smells like fear. And death."

In4Dimensions
2018-11-05, 10:02 AM
None of you see anything out of the ordinary, but Alpha notices that the drips of blood coming from somewhere in the dark rafters are still dripping, and the pool of blood widening.

Genth
2018-11-07, 08:35 AM
A moment of pause falls as Alpha approaches the pool of blood, looking up for a moment before raising an arm and letting loose a low-power 'thrum' of energy, hoping to knock the source to the ground

In4Dimensions
2018-11-07, 12:23 PM
Shaken loose by Alpha’s quake, something falls from the ceiling and lands at Alpha’s feet. It is Brin’s corpse, clearly dead, and with stab and slash marks all over the body. Her armor and weapon have been rendered unusable, and the rest of her gear is nowhere in sight.

BramsesII
2018-11-07, 05:06 PM
Uisa

"GAH!" Uisa yells out when a body falls from the ceiling. It takes her a moment to realize that this is what is left of Brin, and when she does the Lashunta rushes forward to check on the girl. It's immediately obvious to her that Brin did not survive the assault, and Uisa buries her head in her hands, sobbing. "I'm sorry. So sorry. This is my fault."

After a few moments, she manages to collect herself, and Uisa looks at the others. "I... we should bury her somewhere before we move on. We can't... can't just leave her here. Could someone find a spot where we can uh... Where we can do so?" She kneels down next to Brin to close the girl's eyes.

AtS
2018-11-07, 08:27 PM
Wulv

The Vesk watches grimly as Uisa checks Brin’s lifeless corpse. He gently places a hand on the captain’s shoulder, a quiet show of comfort to his leader. Then, he crouches down and lifts his comrade’s still form up, her limbs dangling from Wulv’s arms as he cradles the body. After a moment, he nods to Uisa and the others, before turning to exit back outside. His footsteps echo with a dull thud with each heavy step across the unyielding steel floor.

ninjabot
2018-11-08, 06:06 AM
Aya looks dispassionately at the girl's corpse, shaking her head a little when Uisa talks about burying her. "I don't think it will do much good to bury her. We don't exactly have a lot in the way of tools and sand makes for a poor grave anyway." She says, aiming for pragmatic sympathy but probably coming off fairly cold. "It's not like we know what rites or whatever she'd want us to use anyway. Maybe put her in a locker or something so we can take her back to the ship safely after we're done here? Keep her frozen 'til we can get back."

BramsesII
2018-11-08, 06:45 PM
Uisa

"I don't think... Thanks Wulv." She turns to Aya. "From what I remember from my studies, humans tend to prefer a burial. I... if only we had the tools to dig a grave." She sighs. "Unless someone can arrange that, Aya's suggestion is probably the best one. As long as we don't leave her here. She deserves better than this."

AtS
2018-11-09, 12:03 PM
Wulv

The vesk soldier nods at Aya and Uisa's suggestion. He walks to the side of the building, gently placing Brin's corpse slumped against the wall. He closes her unseeing eyes and makes a quick gesture of Vesk prayer. Then, he returns to the others. "Wulv leave her outside. Wulv carry her back when we go," he says, somberly. Then, he scans the rest of the room, noting that the only way left to go is the opposite door. He strides up and examines the door and wall nearby for a control panel or some other way to open it. "Press on?" he says, looking at Alpha, Aya, and Uisa with slightly sad eyes.

Genth
2018-11-09, 03:45 PM
Alpha watches the moving of the body with an odd stiffness, his eye belying little of what is going on behind it. When Wulv comes back however, he nods, and starts moving across the room to the door. "Statement: I recommend that Wulv and myself perform breach and clear procedures from this point forward."

BramsesII
2018-11-09, 04:31 PM
Uisa

Uisa just nods. "Go ahead." She stays behind Wulv and Alpha for now, blaster in one shaking hand.

ninjabot
2018-11-12, 07:54 PM
"I'd suggest we go a little non-standard. The two of you taking point once we're through is a good idea, but for opening doors and the like I've got a trick or two to avoid getting shot or stabbed or whatever. I can open the door, and if there's any trouble to jumps out immediately get behind you. If nothing else it'll make whatever might be waiting waste the element of surprise." Aya says, looking the others over. "Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the two of you are willing to put yourselves in harm's way, but if we can avoid any other injuries then we probably should."

AtS
2018-11-13, 01:00 PM
Wulv

The Vesk nods at the others, then assumes a position by the edge of the door. He holds his machine gun in a gunner's stance, ready to mow down the first thing that moves on the other side.

Move: Move aside so Aya can open the door
Standard: Ready an action to fire on the first thing that moves on the other side

BramsesII
2018-11-13, 05:45 PM
Uisa

Uisa looks at Aya. "Uh... if you think it's safe... Just don't get hurt, okay? It's my first day as a captain and I've already lost one of my crew." Like Wulv, she points her blaster at the door with both hands to stop the shaking.

Like Wulv, Uisa is readying an attack on the first hostile thing through that door

ninjabot
2018-11-13, 08:26 PM
"Trust me, I don't want to take a bullet any more than you do." Aya says, moving into position. She pushes the door open, and assuming nothing immediately tries to bite her head off leans forward to take a look around before ducking back behind the meatshields so they can enter and make sure the space is clear.

Perception check - [roll0]

If anything tries to attack Aya she'll spend a spell point and teleport back 10 ft. Otherwise after she makes her perception check she'll teleport back 10 ft as a move action and share what (if anything) she sees with the group

In4Dimensions
2018-11-15, 04:20 PM
As Aya enters the room, she notices that it’s a lot smaller than the one before— 20 feet to a side, if that. It is littered with the corpses of what you can only assume to be the natives of this world. In the back of the room, a computer terminal flickers. You notice this for only a second, as your attention is turned to the creature in the middle of the room. You’ve never seen anything like it, and if you were to describe it, it could be summed up as a flying, translucent, glowing blue shrimp, and it’s about twice the size of you. It doesn’t appear to have noticed you, as it looks like it’s feeding off of the power from the computer terminal.

BramsesII
2018-11-15, 04:32 PM
Uisa

The moment she spots the creature, Uisa uses her telepathy to speak to each of her companions in turn, starting with Aya. Her telepathic command is short but three times the same.

"Hold! We've still got the element of surprise. Ready yourselves."

AtS
2018-11-16, 01:23 PM
Wulv

Wulv slowly and silently nods at Uisa, his weapon and eyes trained on the creature.

Genth
2018-11-17, 10:09 PM
Alpha's arms flex, and again the small openings pop out, ready to let loose the forces within his chassis

ninjabot
2018-11-19, 10:18 AM
<Hold on, that thing isn't just a beast. It's something called a urog, they're actually pretty smart and they eat electricity. We might be able to get through here without Wulv putting a bunch of bullets in it. Aya projects to Uisa. <I'm not going to be great at it, but it can communicate telepathically. Might be worth trying to talk our way through?>for some reason the forum things my message is too short so exrta

BramsesII
2018-11-19, 05:12 PM
Uisa

Woah... That's a very coherent message for a non-telepath. Uisa looks at Aya and offers her a small smile. Again, she addresses her companions using her telepathic powers.

"Stay your weapons. I'm going to try to talk to it."

The lashunta closes her eyes for an instant to center herself before reaching out telepathically to speak with the creature, making their presence known.

"Uh... hello there. My name is Uisa Kifua. These are my companions. We come in peace. Uh... I hope we're not disturbing you?"

Rolling Diplomacy: [roll0]

In4Dimensions
2018-11-21, 01:20 PM
The Urog turns slowly towards the group, staring at you with glowing blue eyes.

Greetings, Uisa Kifua. What is it that you want?

BramsesII
2018-11-21, 05:32 PM
Uisa

The lashunta takes a deep breath. It didn't attack on sight, that's a start.

She reaches out with her mind again, her antennae twitching slightly.

"Uh... we are here on a salvage mission looking for valuable... well, salvage. Do you know if there are any untouched pieces of technology lying around? Or perhaps valuable works of art or somesuch with historical value? Also... these robots outside, were they keeping you locked in here?"

In4Dimensions
2018-11-22, 07:40 AM
The urog barely moves.

Hidden in the rafters of the room connected to this one, the robots hid anything they could find. I suggest looking there. And do you really think those tiny things could keep me prisoner? You cut through them easily. In addition to the robot stash, there are some of what you would call “units” or “credits” stored on this computer.

BramsesII
2018-11-22, 09:33 AM
Uisa

Uisa's antennae keep twitching as she converses with the creature.

"Oh no, of course not. I mean, they did kill one of our crew, but that... That was a bad decision on my part... They were complete pushovers. I was just confirming what I already guessed.

Uh... Are you not interested in the credits yourself? Because we could really use them. Uh... Excuse me while I relay this to my crew."

She looks at the crew. "Alright guys. Our friend here tells me that the robots have a stash of stuff up in the rafters. Also, there are credits on this computer, but I'm not sure if they'll let us take them. I suggest we focus on the ceiling first. Does anyone know a way to get up there?" She looks at Aya and thinks for a second. "Oh, and one rule I'd like to lay down: always move in pairs at least. So no going up alone."

Genth
2018-11-23, 03:03 AM
"Request: Do we know the creature's intentions, why is it here?" Alpha says, ports still open and looking with some suspicion at the creature

BramsesII
2018-11-23, 08:16 AM
Uisa

She looks at Alpha. "That is a really good question. Let me ask them." Her antennae begin to twitch as she reaches out with her mind.

"And, if you don't mind me asking, what brings you to this planet? And what is your name?"

ninjabot
2018-11-23, 09:09 PM
<This is taking too long. You keep chatting with our new friend here. I'm going to start checking the rafters.> Aya projects to Uisa before blinking out and reappearing closer to the ceiling. She hovers in the air, 'porting short hops as necessary as she begins to search the rafters for anything valuable, dangerous, or useful.

Unless Aya's actions throw us back into combat she's going to take it slow and go with taking 20, for a final Perception result of 29.

If her doing this does throw us back into combat time then she'll hold off on the search until that gets sorted.

In4Dimensions
2018-11-25, 07:46 PM
The urog still doesn’t move.

Ihave no particular use for the credits. Take them, but do not damage the computer.

Although it heard Uisa’s last two questions, it ignores them.

Much of the gear is hidden behind support columns, but Aya can make out the shape of some loot, including a grenade, two magic rings, a gemstone, a levitating rock, and a set of armor.

BramsesII
2018-11-26, 01:13 PM
Uisa

As Uisa is in a conversation with the Urog, she doesn't notice Aya's attempt at trying to communicate. You could say the line is busy. Her antennae twitch as she speaks to the creature. She decides not to press on the unanswered questions. No sense in angering it.

"Very well. I'll instruct one of my companions to extract the credits without damaging the..."

Then, suddenly, Aya disappears. The lashunta frantically reaches out with her mind, but can't seem to find the pilot. It takes her a moment to realize that this is because she's gone out of sight, and only when she does so does she yell out. "AYA! What... where'd she go? WHERE ARE YOU! AYA!" It takes her another moment to realize that she has a comm unit, and she switches it on, trying to connect to Aya. "Aya, come in. Where are you? You can't go off alone, you might get killed!"

AtS
2018-11-26, 01:25 PM
Wulv

The vesk mercenary quietly chuckles a little at Uisa's distress toward's Aya's sudden disappearance. Their lashunta captain is green, but her heart is in the right place. Still, with Brin's death fresh in memory, he understands the concern. He barks out a quick, "Wulv will find her. Buddy system," then turns on his heels and strides back into the previous room, angling his chest mounted flashlight up into the shadowy rafters to see if he can spot Aya up there somewhere.

"Warper, where you go?" he calls out into the darkness.

Genth
2018-11-26, 06:27 PM
"Platitude: There is little need to panic, Uisa. Designate - Aya is likely fine. Gentle Reprimand: We need to remain focused and professional." Alpha says, letting the ports close and his arms drop. Carefully, he walks over to the computer, checking the Urog constantly, before drawing a chip from an inner compartment and starting - carefully - to draw the credits

Taking 10 on Computer check, so 19 result

ninjabot
2018-11-26, 08:36 PM
"Calm down mom, I'm fine. I even found some shiny toys." Aya calls down when Uisa starts yelling for her. "Good call on the buddy system Wulv, but until someone else can get up here we'll just have to go with me staying generally in line of sight for that." She says, waving to draw his attention to where she is.

That accomplished, she'll lower the salvage to the ground as gently as possible, taking more than one trip if necessary and laying the gear out for party inspection once the credits are collected.

AtS
2018-11-26, 11:34 PM
Wulv

Wulv waves back at Aya, then loads a fresh magazine into his machine gun with a loud *kachunk*. "Wulv got yer back," he affirms, giving a quick salute.

In4Dimensions
2018-11-26, 11:36 PM
As Alpha walks over to the computer, the urog looks at him curiously. He sticks the chip into the computer, but as soon as it touches the access port, a burst of sparks spring from the computer, disrupting his circuitry.
Alpha takes 22 electricity damage. You may make a Computers check to determine the malfunction.

It takes Aya three trips to carry all the loot down from the rafters, as she carefully makes sure nothing falls. When all the stuff is on the ground, she inspects her haul.
1 Rounds - Small Arm
1 Backpack (Industrial)
1 Serum of Sex Change
1 Aeon Stone (Iridescent Spindle)
1 Clothing (environmental/extreme gravity)
1 Spell Ampoule (Stabilize)
1 Computer (T1)
1 Defiance Series - Squad
1 Defrex Hide
1 Incendiary Grenade Mk II
1 Starstone Compass
1 Gem (Precious)
1 Ring of Whispers
1 Ring of Resistance Mk II

Genth
2018-11-27, 11:16 PM
Alpha leaps back just in time as sharp sparks fly out, grazing him. The light which acts as his eye narrows as he surveys the computer again, looking for the right wires to block out.

Engineering [roll0]

In4Dimensions
2018-11-28, 12:01 AM
Alpha identifies two fried wires, possibly a result of the urog’s feeding, that caused the sparks. With a careful poke, he pushes them away from each other, preventing more sparks. He then successfully downloads the credits off of the computer.
There were 6100 credits on the computer.

BramsesII
2018-11-28, 05:39 PM
Uisa

It takes Uisa a moment to collect herself. She huffs. "Thanks Wulv. Good thinking. And... you're right, Alpha. Apologies. I guess this is all part of the captain job, huh? I'm not really used to being in the line of fire." She comms Aya. "Apologies, Aya. I'm still a bit rattled by... you know. I don't want to lose another crew member. You do what you have to do, but be careful, alright?"

When Alpha gets shocked by the computer she manages to stop herself from yelling out, but the shock is still visible on her face. She breathes out visibly. "You okay Alpha? Need a hand?" But it seems the android has the situation under control, so Uisa connects with the Urog again. Her antennae twitch.

"Thank you. We won't disturb you any further."

She looks at Alpha. "Come on, let's go check on Wulv and Aya. How much did you find?"

Genth
2018-11-28, 06:10 PM
Alpha frowns as he worked, moving the wires carefully before withdrawing the chit once again. Rising and turning to Uisa, he dips his head unit in acknowledgement to her.

"Statement: Six Thousand One Hundred Credits. After the payment required to go to the Company, leaving Three Thousand One Hundred Credits for us." He pauses for a moment as he walks over to join her. "Careful Observation: We have not discussed remuneration measures between crew members yet." he observes.

BramsesII
2018-11-28, 06:15 PM
Uisa

"Whew. Not bad, Alpha. That's a pretty nice sum. I wonder what Aya found." She nods at the remuneration comment. "We can discuss that on the way back. I've had enough of this place, and we still need to return Brin's remains to... well, somewhere where she can be buried."

ninjabot
2018-11-29, 01:55 AM
Aya looks up as the others come back into the room, grinning. "Not a bad haul here cap, and check it out, a girl's best friend." She says, holding up the small diamond that was stashed with the gear. "Now I'll have something shiny to wear to dinner, and you can regale your scholarly friends with tales of our superior skill and determination."

BramsesII
2018-11-29, 04:41 AM
Uisa

Uisa walks over to Aya and puts a hand on the android's shoulder. "Good job Aya. But next time, give me a heads-up before you disappear, alright?" She takes a step back and looks at the gem with a grin.

"That means our date's sorted then. I would tell my scholarly friends if they hadn't both died in that crash." Her expression goes from grinning to sad for an instant.

"Well, either way, we've got what we came for. Unless you guys want to look around more, I say we collect Brin's remains and head back so she can get a proper funeral. I believe that is what humans do. They used to, at least."

AtS
2018-11-29, 12:26 PM
Wulv

The Vesk quickly rummages through the haul that Aya found in the rafters, shaking his head at all of the strange tech and items. "Only tiny bullets..." he says, his voice trailing off sadly as he tosses the cartridge of small rounds back on top of the pile, looking depressed. When Uisa calls for the group to move on, he nods, then strides out of the building. He collects Brin's body from the mobile hotelier and collapses the tent back into its compact form and loads it back up into his backpack. Then, with his gear secure and Brin's body slung over his shoulder, he calls back to the others.

"Wulv is ready. We go?"

ninjabot
2018-11-30, 09:27 PM
"Yeah big guy, let's go. someone should help me carry some of this stuff though. These armor suits if nothing else." Aya says, packing anything small enough to fit into the industrial backpack, except for the diamond, which she puts into a pocket. "I'm pretty ready to get off this dustball and not be attacked for just doing my job."

In4Dimensions
2018-12-02, 11:00 AM
You leave the ruined city with the treasure you came for. On the walk back, however, a sandstorm starts to whip up, obscuring your vision. As you discuss what do do, Wulv hears what sound like two sets of footsteps, but they are much heavier than the average android or human. Even as the storm grows stronger, the footsteps approach.
You cannot see farther than 20 feet. Everything that is 5 feet away has concealment, and everything farther than that has total concealment. Do any of you have a special sense such as tremorsense or blindsense?

BramsesII
2018-12-03, 05:08 PM
Uisa

As it gets harder and harder to see because of the storm, Uisa speaks up. "Stick closely together everyone! We don't want to get..." Heavy footsteps interrupt her "... separated." She switches to reaching out telepathically to her party members.

"What was that? Where's it coming from, can anyone see anything?"
She draws her weapon, just in case. Not that it'll do her much good.

AtS
2018-12-04, 11:57 AM
Wulv

With Brin's body slung over his back alongside his considerable munitions and supplies, Wulv is encumbered by the weight. He still keeps up with the rest of the group, hustling as fast as his strong Vesk legs will carry him and his cargo. As the sandstorm sets in, his mood darkens.

"Hope we get back to the ship soon. Sand in my mouth," he says, spitting gritty saliva onto the ground as the sand whips across his face. Then, he stops. "Wulv has big mobile hotelier. Big for six. Could deploy to wait out the storm?" he asks of Uisa and the others.

ninjabot
2018-12-04, 02:12 PM
"That might not be the worst idea." Aya replies. "We might want to deal with whatever is following us first though. I hate to say it, but maybe set the body down until we get this sorted." Aya says, turning back and straining against the storm to see anything. "If they're not as blind as we are this could get bad." She mutters to herself, too low to be heard over the storm.

AtS
2018-12-04, 04:17 PM
Wulv

The Vesk soldier nods at Aya's suggestion, kneels, and sets down Brin's body gently into the sandy wastes. He stands back up from his kneeling position, punching his fist into the opposite palm. "The footsteps, following us. Now we use fists?"

Genth
2018-12-05, 01:24 AM
Alpha ponders, head moving back and forth to try and pierce the sandstorm. "Reasoning: Sandstorm does not appear to be causing significant risk of injury. Cautious continual approach to ship recommended."

ninjabot
2018-12-05, 09:00 AM
"Guns or fists, up to you big guy. Maybe they're just here to talk, but I wouldn't count on it." Aya says, doing shifting around and doing her best to put Wulv between her and the direction that the footsteps are coming from.

BramsesII
2018-12-05, 04:19 PM
Uisa

With Aya getting behind Wulv, Uisa takes a few steps to position herself behind Aya. She clutches her gun tight. "Stay close, and get ready. Maybe..." She takes a deep breath and steels herself before stepping up beside Wulv. "Maybe I can talk to them. What if they're just travellers passing by?" Uisa looks at everyone in the party, feigning a reassuring smile.

AtS
2018-12-05, 04:55 PM
Wulv

Wulv nods. "You talk. I punch if they need punchings. We shoot if they need shootings. Bad guys get bullets," he says, with a flat, matter-of-fact tone to his voice.

In4Dimensions
2018-12-09, 07:54 AM
As the footsteps grow louder and louder, you instinctively form a fighting formation, with Brin’s body in the middle of it. You can’t see anything, but it sounds like whatever’s making the noise is stalking you. The blood rushes in your ears (for those of you who have them) as a gust of wind hits the party.

Combat has begun; I will put a map on the Discord soon.

BramsesII
2018-12-10, 05:17 PM
Uisa

The lashunta looks at her companions nervously, clutching her blaster tight. She reaches out with her mind and sends a simple message, preparing herself to distract the first thing to step out of the sandstorm.

"Ready?"

Standard action to ready a clever feint (http://www.starjammersrd.com/classes/envoy/) on the first thing to appear.

Bluff check: [roll0] + [roll1] vs DC: 10+enemy's sense motive or 15+1.5*enemy's CR

Genth
2018-12-10, 11:16 PM
"Warning: We have not identified our pursuer. Recommending Caution." Alpha states, although his ports open and his head swivels from one side to the other.

ninjabot
2018-12-11, 03:17 PM
"Caution sounds like a good plan." Aya says, straining to see anything through the storm. <And I don't know about ready, but I think this is about to happen either way.> She projects to Uisa as she does her best to prepare herself.

readying an action to use stone blast on the first viable target that takes hostile action against the party
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Miss Chance - [roll2] (assuming higher is better?)

BramsesII
2018-12-11, 05:22 PM
Uisa

Uisa glances at Aya as her antennae twitch. She picks up the android's message and replies only to her.

"Maybe they're friendly? Oh, and well done on the communication thing. Most people don't even think to send something back."

AtS
2018-12-12, 10:32 PM
Wulv

The massive Vesk cracks his knuckles, then his neck, first to the left, then slowly to the right. A smiling snarl is painted across his face as he anticipates the rush of battle.

In4Dimensions
2018-12-13, 12:15 AM
As you all look out into the sandstorm, eyes straining against the particles flying through the air, two shapes start to come into view. They appear to be large, bulky, humanoid-shaped creatures. Upon closer look, you can tell that they are Earth Elementals, but larger than the one you met before. Uisa manages to feint one of them out, but Aya’s blast goes wide. Suddenly, they loom up on both sides of the party, lashing out with their fists.
Uisa takes 13 damage. Due to them being (basically) animated rocks, the elementals suffer no miss chance.

BramsesII
2018-12-13, 05:44 PM
Uisa

Uisa takes a severe punch to the side, but fortunately it only manages to knock the wind out of her. "Ooof!" She stumbles backwards until she ends up beside Aya, out of the reach of the thing that just attacked her. With a bit of luck her feinting stumble should be enough to distract it.

As the elemental's flatfooted, Uisa should be able to freely move to the southwest of Aya as a move action.
Then, a standard action to turn the same elemental flat-footed against the entire party.
Bluff: [roll0] + [roll1]

Genth
2018-12-14, 09:01 PM
Alpha's arms come up and the ports drink in the dying light of the scene, a thunk of graviometric power bursting out to hit one of the elementals

Can't get to the map, so pls decide target for me.

Move action Gather Power, Empowered Blast

[roll0] | [roll1] Times 1.5

ninjabot
2018-12-14, 09:18 PM
Aya steps forward to where Uisa was and launches a shard of obsidian at the off balance elemental, risking taking a hit to lower the odds of her shot missing due to the the storm.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1], strike as magic, ignores SR
Miss Chance - [roll2] (still assuming higher is better since I haven't been told otherwise)

AtS
2018-12-16, 05:11 PM
Wulv

The merc takes advantage of Uisa’s feint to lay into the off-balance creature.

Move: Adjacent to the flat-footed elemental
Standard: Natural Attack
Attack: [roll0]
Concealment: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

In4Dimensions
2018-12-20, 06:01 PM
One of the elementals takes a beating from Wulv and Alpha, but doesn’t go down. This is rather unfortunate for poor Wulv, as the elemental slams him in the face as retaliation.
The elemental confirms a critical hit on Wulv, dealing 26 damage and staggering him for one round.

The other elemental punches Alpha, although he isn’t damaged as badly as Wulv.
Alpha takes 12 damage.

AtS
2018-12-21, 11:02 AM
Wulv

Slightly winded by the sheer concussive force of the elemental's onslaught of rock punches, the Vesk staggers for a moment. Seeing stars, he shakes his head back and forth to regain his bearings, before growling angrily and returning the favor with a fist of his own. "Wulv make you PAY!" he bellows as he slams his gauntleted fists into the creature.

Standard: Attack the creature with a natural attack.
Attack: [roll0]
Concealment: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

BramsesII
2018-12-21, 05:43 PM
Uisa

With the elementals now focusing on Wulv and Alpha, Uisa is free to try and distract the elemental yet again, yelling encouring words out to the others. "C'mon guys. Put these heaps of stone back where they belong: scattered on the ground!" To demonstrate her point, she picks up a small rock and throws it down near the elemental's feet to try and distract it.

Move action to use get 'em (http://www.starjammersrd.com/classes/envoy/) on the southeast elemental, giving everyone a +1 on attacks against it
Standard action to use clever feint (http://www.starjammersrd.com/classes/envoy/) on the southeast elemental to make it flat-footed.
Bluff check: [roll0] + [roll1]

ninjabot
2018-12-22, 04:50 PM
Seeing the elemental is still off balance from Uisa's antics, Aya launches another shard of obsidian at the animated rock.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Miss Chance - [roll2]

If the elemental drops then she'll move until she's 5 ft outside of the reach of the other one, if it's still standing after her attack then she'll stay where she is.

Genth
2018-12-28, 06:09 PM
Alpha jumps into the air, a shimmering tear appearing where he stands and he is shunted away, a good twenty feet behind the elementals and brings up his arms, ready to continue his attack.

5ft step back, 1 battle burn to open rip as Standard action, move through tear, free action close tear.

In4Dimensions
2018-12-30, 09:51 AM
Aya and Wulv both attack the elementals, but the sandstorm causes Aya’s shot to go wide, and Wulv’s fists are deflected by the creature’s rocky hide. The elementals continue their onslaught, as Wulv takes another pummeling.
Wulv takes 8 damage; the map has been updated.

BramsesII
2018-12-30, 04:48 PM
Uisa

With Alpha out of the way the path for one of the elementals to Uisa is nearly clear, as only Aya is now in the way. So, she surges forward towards the elemental attacking Wulv as if to pistol-whip it, only to stumble back before even getting into range. She again yells an encouragement to her allies. "Combat formations everyone! Stay together and turns these walking stones into rubble!"

Move action to use get 'em (http://www.starjammersrd.com/classes/envoy/) on the southeast elemental, giving everyone a +1 on attacks against it
Standard action to use clever feint (http://www.starjammersrd.com/classes/envoy/) on the southeast elemental to make it flat-footed.
Bluff check: [roll0] + [roll1]

Genth
2019-01-02, 08:54 PM
Alpha gives a curt nod, a powerful blast gathering then flying out from his arms.

Move action gather energy
Standard action empowered blast at Elemental he just left in the dust
[roll0] | [roll1] times 1.5

AtS
2019-01-08, 12:45 PM
Wulv

The vesk roars, his armor dented and scuffed from the pummeling he'd received from the elementals. "TIME FOR BIG GUNS!" His deep voice bellows as he draws his minigun and unleashes a hail of bullets on the southeastern elemental.

Move: Draw Minigun
Standard: Barrage on E2
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2] (Crit: [roll3])
Damage 2: [roll4] (Crit: [roll5])

ninjabot
2019-01-15, 01:42 PM
Seeing the elemental drop under Wulv's fire, Aya sighs a little sigh of relief that there's no only one target. She takes a careful step back to avoid any retaliation and launches another of her shards at the remaining rock.

Move action - careful step back to be adjacent to Uisa
Standard action - Attack remaining elemental with stone blast
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Miss Chance - [roll2]
Swift action - be awesome

In4Dimensions
2019-01-17, 11:38 AM
One of the elementals goes down in a hail of bullets from Wulv, but Aya’s blast misses the other one. It doesn’t seem to notice that its companion has been killed as it steps up to Uisa and slams her with a rocky fist.
Uisa takes 11 damage; the map has been updated.

BramsesII
2019-01-17, 11:57 AM
Uisa

Uisa takes another rocky fist to the chest, and again she stumbles backwards. While doing so, she kicks up a bunch of sand, hoping it'll distract the elemental.

Move action to take a guarded step to the southeast.
Standard action to use clever feint and turn the elemental flat-footed to everyone.

ninjabot
2019-01-17, 11:42 PM
"Damn storm, can't hit the broad side of a barn today." Aya mutters, stepping between the elemental and Uisa and doing her best to take another shot at the rock.

Standard action to Stone Blast the elemental
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Miss Chance - [roll2]

Genth
2019-01-26, 04:28 PM
Frowning, Alpha continues to attack

[roll0] | [roll1]

In4Dimensions
2019-02-07, 06:10 AM
The remaining elemental slams both fists into Wulv, crumpling his body and dropping him to the ground. At it does that, the storm seems to abate a little, perhaps due to the death of the other elemental.
The miss chance is now only 10%

BramsesII
2019-02-08, 11:58 AM
Uisa

"Wulv! No!" Uisa stumbles foward, then back as the Vesk falls. She yells at the others. "We can't give up now! We've almost beaten them!"

Move action to use get 'em on the elemental, everyone gets a +1 to attacks against it.
Standard action to use clever feint and turn the elemental flat-footed to everyone.

ninjabot
2019-02-08, 04:07 PM
Well this is just going ****in' great. Aya thinks as she steps forward to launch another shard of obsidian at the remaining elemental.

Move action - move adjacent to the elemental
Standard action - stone blast it in the face
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Miss chance - [roll2]

In4Dimensions
2019-02-11, 11:25 PM
The final elemental falls as the dust storm fades. But as it disappears, you look for Alpha, but he is not there. He has just. . . vanished. With heavy hearts, you lug your companion’s bodies, along with your loot, back to the spaceship. Fortunately, your pilot, Aya, is still alive, and she silently flies the ship off that forsaken planet and into the darkness of space. She engages the FTL, and you disappear in a small flash of light.

The journey back to the space station is uneventful; the ship seems so much bigger and colder with only the two of you. There isn’t much conversation.

As you walk into Verrik’s office after docking, his face looks eager and anticipating, but his smile fades as he sees just the two of you. “Whe— where are the others?”

BramsesII
2019-02-12, 05:51 AM
Uisa

For most of the trip back Uisa is quiet. In fact, she's not even on the bridge. The lashunta is gathering Brin and Wulv's possessions so that they can be returned to family along with their bodies. For Alpha she does the same, but as there's no body she elects to set his stuff aside in case he shows up again somehow. Then, she sits down to write a short report for the company. I'll send that once we get back.

When she returns to the bridge - about 15 minutes before arrival - she plops down in the captain's seat and addresses Aya. Her voice is low, almost a whisper. "Hey..."

"Uh... I prepared a short report on our mission. Could you review it? See if I missed anything?"

"Oh, I also included a short performance review on you. Tell them you're doing a fine job as both pilot and warrior. Because, you know... you are." She lets out a long sigh. "I'll leave the reviewing me up to the boss. I don't think he'll be very happy with a captain that lost most of her crew." Her head sinks into her hands and she remains like that until they land.

~~~

When they stand before Verrik, Uisa look at her screen and hits send. Then, she nervously speaks up, her voice wavering. "Mission accomplished. But not without... There were... complications. I've included everything in my report. Could you uh... See to it that Wulv and Brin's families get their bodies and belongings returned? I'll hand over Alpha's things as well. Maybe he'll turn up again somehow." She sighs.

Uisa's report contains a short catalogue of the loot they collected, followed by a short description of their trip. She describes all three encounters very matter-of-factly. Following that is some information on casualties including a guess at causes of death: exsanguination and extreme blunt force trauma. Alpha is noted as mia.
Finally there's a short review of Aya's excellent performance followed by one line: "Review of captain's performance goes here."

ninjabot
2019-02-12, 05:17 PM
Aya mostly just concentrates on flying, despite this part of the trip basically being a milk run, so Uisa can do what she needs to do. "Yeah, sure Cap. No problem." She replies when asked to read the report. "I kinda doubt the boss man will care about lost crew as long as he gets paid though. That's why they hire contractors in the first place." She says, maybe a little more callously than she means to.

~~~

Aya stands at Uisa's side when they face Verrik. "Complications is one way to put it. Another is that you sent us in to a ****storm with bad intel." She adds after Uisa's finished.

Aya won't mess with most of the report, but under Uisa's one line she'll add "Uisa did as well as anyone could under the same circumstances."

In4Dimensions
2019-02-15, 04:57 PM
Verrik appears shocked upon hearing your story. “I’m- I’m sorry. I truly am. I didn’t want this. I’ll- uh, I’ll make sure their belongings and bodies are returned to their families. In the meantime, why don’t you spend some time at the Kerenz 5 space station? You can shop for whatever with whatever loot you got from that planet, and in the meantime, I’ll find a few more people to join your team. And,” he says, in a slightly softer tone of voice, “go ahead and keep that 3000 that I asked for. Heavens knows you deserve it more than I do. Just don’t mention it to the higher-ups, will you?”

BramsesII
2019-02-15, 05:56 PM
Uisa

Uisa remains quiet for a while. She only replies calmly when she's certain she has her wavering voice under control. "I... I won't. My lips are sealed. This is very kind of you, sir." She just stands there for a moment, then turns to Aya. She gives the android some time to speak to Verrik before addressing her.

"I guess... we'll go have a look, then. Maybe grab something to eat. I haven't eaten since, well, I don't remember, really. Since before..." Her voice trails off as the mental images of their battles appear before her. Uisa shakes her head.

ninjabot
2019-02-16, 04:28 PM
Aya's expression softens slightly as Verrick speaks and she sees that he's legitimately concerned. "Yeah, you got it boss. I won't tell if you don't."

"Food sounds like a good call. Also drinks. Lots of drinks." She replies as she turns to leave, a small smile slowly spreading. "We'll drown some sorrows deep enough that they won't come up in the morning with our dinners."

BramsesII
2019-02-16, 05:44 PM
Uisa

Uisa looks at Aya and cracks a small smile. "That sounds like a plan. Anything better than lying awake reliving those moments over and over again." She looks at Verrik as she gets up to leave. "Again, thanks. We'll hear from you soon?"

As the two leave Verrik's office, Uisa sends Aya a telepathic message.

I read your addition to my report. You didn't have to do that, but thanks. Good to know you're looking out for me.

Once outside, the lashunta looks around. "You don't happen to know a good place to eat around here, do you Aya?"

ninjabot
2019-02-19, 12:03 PM
<Well yeah, if crew doesn't watch your back who will? Besides, it was true.> Aya sends back, shrugging a bit as she forgets the point of telepathy is keeping that it's secret.

"Nah, haven't spent enough time on this station to know about anything that's not minimum possible sustenance right at the docks. Let's wander for bit and see what we can find." She says, picking a direction at random and starting to walk. "I want to see if I can find a decent cyber surgeon too, maybe get some enhancements done while we're waiting for new crew members."

BramsesII
2019-02-19, 05:08 PM
Uisa

The lashunta nods. "We've time to waste, I suppose. Wandering around sounds like a good idea. Maybe we'll stumble onto a good place to eat. Or drink and forget. Both work." She looks at Aya. "Are there specific enhancements you're looking for? I mean... you don't look like you... need any." Her voice trails off on the last sentence, as if she's distracted by a memory of some kind.

ninjabot
2019-02-19, 05:43 PM
Aya grins at Uisa's shyness. "Only internal, I've still got some organic bits up in there, and they can always be improved. I was thinking about a speed suspension. Getting from point A to point B faster means I get paid sooner. Nothing that will mess with the creamy perfection that a large floppy hat has brought to you today."

BramsesII
2019-02-19, 05:55 PM
Uisa

The lashunta coughs. "Ahem... well, what I meant was... it's not like you need an arm replaced, or... you know... a pair of eyes?" She coughs again and blinks a few times. "But... yeah... I get what you uh... mean."

"Uh... speed suspension sounds like a good idea. I should probably invest in some better armor myself. So uh..." She seems to be avoiding looking directly at Aya. "Food first?"

In4Dimensions
2019-02-20, 10:15 AM
As you continue to chatter, you make your way down to the docking bay, and back into your spacecraft. You punch in the coordinates for the space station, and you’re off.

As you drop out of hyperspace, the space station looms up ahead of you. And “looms” is certainly how both of you would describe it— it’s far, far larger than the space station that is your base of operations. As you dock your craft and step into the station, your senses seem to go into overdrive. Smells, sights, sounds— you’ve stepped into a city.

In4Dimensions
2019-02-24, 09:05 AM
As you step into the city, four figures run up to you; a ysoki, an android, and two Vesk. Perhaps these are the new members of your team that Verrik was talking about?

hannahbbug3
2019-02-24, 11:38 AM
Ears pricked forward, Neppie hurries over to the docking ship. He'd asked for a full description of it, model number, loadout, color, etc... so he recognizes it immediately when it pulls into the station. The soot-covered Ysoki waits eagerly as the doors of the ship open, looking for the crew he was soon to be joining. Upon seeing the two exiting the ship, he offers a quick salute. "Hail, friends! Nepenthe the percussive mechanic at your service!" he squeaks in his tiny voice.

ninjabot
2019-02-24, 12:29 PM
Aya blinks and stares at the little ysoki. "Well aren't you ... energetic?" She says, grinning wryly. "I'm Aya, I'll be the one getting you from point A to point B, hopefully without too many holes in you along the way."

BramsesII
2019-02-24, 02:44 PM
Uisa

Uisa, standing behind Aya at first, puts her hand on the pilot's shoulder and steps up beside her. "You must be the new crew Verrik spoke of. As she said, this is Aya, our pilot." She looks at the android with a slight smile, then turns back to the Ysoki and his companions. She speaks in a friendly though serious voice. "I'm Uisa, the captain. It's a pleasure to meet you, Nepenthe. And everyone else, of course. What sort of skills do you guys have?"

She shoots Aya a quick look while waiting for a response, telepathically sending her a message.

How was that? Captain-y enough?

ninjabot
2019-02-25, 10:15 AM
<Yeah Cap, real officerial.> Aya sends back.

Felhammer
2019-02-25, 10:52 AM
Long Knife

A seven foot tall Vesk, clad in vesk overplate armor, saunters forward. He has pale green skin. His face is riddled with the gnarled scars of a hundred battlefields. He looks down at those assembled before him, "Greetings. I am Dmbok Radokama but you may call me Long Knife." His voice is husky, deep and booming, like gravel being poured out of a dump truck. Dmbok salutes Uisa, "I am a trained soldier and mercenary, my proficiency is slaughtering the enemy in melee." He points to a nasty looking, spiked sword on his back that looks like it would leave horrifying wounds on any whom have the misfortune of being cut by it. He then points to an industrial chainsaw hanging off his belt. The saw has been placed into a make-shift sheath to ensure no one is accidentally slashed while the vesk is walking around town. With a hint of pride in his voice, Long Knife says, "I am very good at my job."

Vulkan
2019-02-25, 11:31 AM

An Android covered from head to toe in tattoos of text most noticeably a large blue 65 on her face from which she decided her name would be.
She has a slim build, her artificial exterior is of slightly beige and her hair is a bright neon green.
She steps forward shortly after the Vesk seeing this an opportunity for safety? Well, why does safety matter we all have die eventually and clearly the previous soul in this body didn't care about her life or the next life to get this body.
"I need to be on the move. I shoot very well and I fix things quite well and I'll ruin the lives of anyone you point me in the direction according to my chest's squishy parts."
She laughs with obvious sarcasm. "Yes, I know what breast are, there's pictures of them all over the place. Even with a three weeks post renewal I don't think I could forget something like that."

Storm Vermin
2019-02-25, 04:29 PM
Sedok

With a whir of servomotors, a hulking figure clad in a battered suit of powered armor plods forward to greet the ship's small crew. The only part of the vesk's body not covered with interlocking plates of armor is his rust-colored, reptilian head. "I'm Sedok." he says, figuring there's no need to be formal and give all of his twelve names right now. The vesk adjusts the heavy laser cannon hanging across his back. "Walls, ships, people - you name it, I can blow it up." he gives a toothy grin.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-25, 05:53 PM
Clearly the tiniest in the group by size - though perhaps not in personality - Neppie can't help but feel a little dwarfed by his companions. Especially the two big Vesk. They don't make him nervous, really - it's just a fact he is very conscious of as he steps forward and waves to get the captain's attentions. "So, Captain, do we have orders?" he asks. "I am certain we will eventually, but anything yet? Or is the station ours to roam until we hear from higher ups? Not that- well," he fidgets a bit with his tool belt, strapped over his armor in unconventional fashion. "That is, if we have free time, might I have a tour of the ship? Moving parts, non-moving parts, anything I can squeeze in to... I need to know her inside and out! Speaking of which... does she have a name?"

ninjabot
2019-02-25, 05:56 PM
"Tour'll have to wait until later, the captain and I have very important business in the nearest bar we can find. You're all welcome to come along, but it could get messy." Aya says, moving away from the dock.

BramsesII
2019-02-25, 06:17 PM
Uisa

When the two Vesk introduce themselves, Uisa tries hard not to think about Wulv and what happened to him. She manages to keep her voice sure and steady, helped by 65's rather odd remark. Uisa nods at everyone. "Well met, then." When Aya walks away, Uisa immediately follows after a quick explanation to Nepenthe. "We have to uh... There's something we need to do. We can show you the ship once we've finished. And no, she doesn't have a name yet."

As the group makes their way to the nearest bar, Uisa walks up beside 65. "So uh... I didn't quite catch your name, miss."

Vulkan
2019-02-26, 02:03 PM

"Oh, I just go by 65. Since it's the biggest tatoo I found myself with post re-newel. Also since to my knowledge there's no sad-sad sob story attached to it from the last soul in this body... unless it's the number of people who I screwed over or want me dead- honestly it doesnt matter nor do names too much. As long as you know who're talking to and vice versa.. names are only needed for calling out to people I suppose."

BramsesII
2019-02-26, 05:08 PM
Uisa

Uisa arches a brow at the android. "Uh... wait. People want you dead? That could seriously affect your performance... No wait, that didn't come out right. They're not actively chasing after you, are they?" The lashunta then shakes her head, remembering where they're headed. "Actually, you can fill us in on that later. There'll be plenty of time to talk once our current assignment is over. I'm going to have a quick chat with all four of you. We can get to know each other better later on." Uisa quickens her pace to talk to some of the other newcomers while sending a telepathic message to Aya.

Uh... What important business did we have again? Were you referring to dinner?

Then, she walks up between the two Vesk. "So, Sedok and Long Knife. You two are obviously seasoned warriors. What made you sign up with the company?"

Felhammer
2019-02-27, 11:16 AM
Long Knife

Dmbok looks up at the ceiling, lost in thought for a moment. He remembers a recent battle that did not go well. A battle where many of his mercenary friends were killed in a bloody ambush. His muscles tense. The vesk straightens his back and squares his shoulders, pushing the memory of the battle out of his mind. He looks down at the Captain, "I needed a change. The Company sounded like a good chance to start fresh."

Storm Vermin
2019-02-27, 05:26 PM
Sedok

"You offer much more freedom than most merc outfits, and the salvage business can be a real gold mine, from what I heard." Sedok replies after a moment's consideration. "So, what's that bar business you mentioned?" the vesk asks Aya.

ninjabot
2019-02-27, 10:42 PM
<Afraid our dinner will have to wait now that we have new recruits, but we can still give our old crew a proper send off> Aya replies telepathically to Uisa the group moves down the corridors of the space station.

Aya grins up at the robot encased vesk. "Business is drinks." She says, "We're just back from a mission. Neither of us have holes in us that we're not supposed to have, but the others that were with us weren't so lucky. So we'll drink to remember until we're drinking to forget and then we'll give you a tour of your new digs."[COLOR]

As she finishes explaining Aya notices an appropriate dive just off the main thoroughfare and heads over to it. [COLOR="#4B0082"]"Barkeep! We'll need at least one bottle of something flammable but nonlethal." She calls out as she enters, sliding into a corner table where she can face the door.

BramsesII
2019-02-28, 11:33 AM
Uisa

Uisa plops down in a seat next to Aya. It doesn't take too long for drinks to arrive, and once everyone has something the lashunta clears her throat.

"Ahem. I suppose it falls to me to say a few words,huh?" She looks around, specifically at Aya. "So. Let's start with Brin. She was a competent mechanic, and brave as can be expected from someone so young. She walked into that chamber towards her doom, yet she never flinched. To my regret I didn't know her that well. She shall be missed. To Brin." Uisa raises her drink and takes a swig.

"Next, Wulv. A loyal warrior and strong as can be. He fought hard and well against both robots and rock monsters, and he never even thought of surrender. If only we'd been a bit quicker at dispatching those things. You were a great comrade and you shall be missed, Wulv." She takes another swig.

"And finally, Alpha. If he's really dead, that is. We never found his body. Anyway, he was a capable warrior and an inquisitive mind. It was an honor fighting beside him. May he find peace wherever he is now. To Alpha." For the third time she raises her drink, and this time downs the bottle. Then, she sits back down again with a sigh and looks at Aya as if to say: how was that?

hannahbbug3
2019-02-28, 01:08 PM
Nepenthe joins the others in the tavern, climbing up onto the too-tall chair across from Uisa. They are all served their drinks, and the ysoki bows his head and lifts his mug in solidarity to the captain's toast to the fallen.

ninjabot
2019-03-02, 12:05 AM
Aya drinks along with Uisa's toasts, gulping down her liquor in larger quantities than might strictly be necessary. When the captain finishes Aya nods her approval before turning to the new crew members. "As you've probably guessed our last mission went south hard. Talking with Verrik leads me to believe that he thought he was giving us good intel for the trip out, but it was still a colossal cluster**** and we should do our best to get independent corroboration in the future to make sure it doesn't happen again." There's a bitterness in her voice that she doesn't even bother trying to hide. "I didn't know those that we lost well, but they were part of our crew," She gestures to Uisa at this, "and they deserved better."

She pauses, downing more of her drink. "If that doesn't scare you off and you're willing to pull your weight then welcome to the team I guess. You got any other rules cap?"

Vulkan
2019-03-02, 02:32 AM

"Jobs a job and money is money and staying on the move is likely the best thing for me right now. I guess the simply put whatever needs fixing or whatever there needs a bullet in its head just point and I'll take care of it." 65 glanced around her to see if anyone was looking at her.

BramsesII
2019-03-02, 06:25 PM
Uisa

After downing her drink and plopping back in her seat, Uisa looks at Aya. "Aya said it best, really. I've nothing to add to that. Just one other rule I can think of at the moment; please don't call me cap. It makes me feel like I'm someone's headgear." She shoots Aya a grin.

"I do have one question for you all, though. As you know, Aya is our very skilled and beautiful pilot, and my butt is firmly parked in the captain's seat. So, what sort of skills do you four bring to the table when it comes to flying a ship?" Uisa looks at each of them in turn. "You introduced yourself as a mechanic, Nepenthe, so I guess that's where your skill lie, but what about the others? Is there an expert with computers among you? Capable gunners?"

Felhammer
2019-03-05, 12:33 PM
Long Knife

The vesk smiles as he says, "I know how to shoot a gun, if that is what you are looking for but, honestly, the best use of my skills in a ship-to-ship fight would be for boarding actions."

Storm Vermin
2019-03-05, 01:56 PM
Sedok

"That's one hell of a turnover rate. Let's hope the next assignment will be less... messy. " Sedok shakes his head and downs his drink. "I'm a real artist with heavy ordnance, but I can shoot mostly anything, ship guns included. What kind of artillery would I be working with?"

ninjabot
2019-03-06, 12:15 PM
"Well cap, looks like we've got violence covered. Might need to train one of these goons on where to point a sensor though." Aya says to Uisa before turning to the others. "I guess a 'welcome aboard' is on order then folks. Cheers!" She says, raising her bottle and draining it. "Shall we get the next round to go so you can have the dime tour?"

BramsesII
2019-03-06, 05:07 PM
Uisa

Uisa smiles at the two Vesk. "Good to know. Both those skills will come in useful. Although I hope we can keep boarding actions to a minimum. Unless it's us boarding someone else's ship." She then turns to 65. "What about you, miss 65? Do you know how to work a ship's sensor array?"

To Aya, she says. "That sounds like a plan. Let's do that and head back to the ship so that we can show these guys around. One thing though; do you always ask for rules and then happily go about ignoring them? Or are you just trying to get under my skin?"

"I'd advise against that. It's not a pretty sight under there."

Vulkan
2019-03-06, 10:04 PM

To Uisa "As previously stated, I can fix things, I can shoot a gun as well as work with your computer system to some extent. So after a few moments of cursing at it I'm certain I'll learn how to work your system array."

ninjabot
2019-03-09, 12:21 PM
"Sorry cap, I guess I'm just naturally insubordinate." Aya replies, shrugging. "For some reason formalities never seem to last long around me, never been able to figure out why."

BramsesII
2019-03-11, 05:39 PM
Uisa

The lashunta shakes her head with a sigh. She looks Aya right in the eyes as she addresses her. "I don't mind being informal, but please call me Uisa, Uis, Issa. Hell, you can call me Crispy or even Sweetcheeks. Anything. I don't mind informalities. Just don't call me cap. It makes me feel like I'm headgear, and it reminds me of times I don't want to be reminded of. Now, can we go and give these guys a tour of the ship?"

In4Dimensions
2019-03-14, 08:45 PM
With introductions over and drinks finished, the crew walks back to the ship. Uisa and Aya spend a while showing the new recruits around, making sure they know how to fire the guns and repair broken parts, and making sure they don’t accidentally open airlocks while at light speed. After everyone is oriented, Uisa pilots the ship back.

You step into Verrick’s office, but Verrick isn’t there. There’s another person sitting behind the desk: a woman who introduces herself as Ophelia. “Wonderful! You’re all here. Higher-ups sent me a list of missions for you; do any of them look particularly interesting?” She slides you a sheet of paper with some words on it:
Oncol-Z: Gravity distortion
Yrannin-9: various atmospheric disruptions
Tepshin: dead star system (NOTE: high-conflict system)

“Any of ‘em catch your attention?”

BramsesII
2019-03-15, 04:32 PM
Uisa

Uisa takes quite a bit of time to introduce everyone to the ship, showing them around the engineering bay, the science lab, and the relatively spartan living area before arriving on the bridge. "And well, this is the bridge. That's where Aya usually parks her butt, and I'm usually in the captain's seat over here. I guess you'll be here at lot as well, 65. You as well Sedok, you should be able to work all the guns from here. We've already seen engineering, Nepenthe, and as for you, Long Knife, there's always someplace you can help out I suppose. There's plenty to do even when we're not being boarded."

"How does everybody feel? Do you like the ship?"

~~~

Once they have arrived in Ophelia's office, Uisa is surprised to see a new face. "Uh... where's Verrick? Did he step out for a moment?" she asks, while studying the piece of paper. Uisa looks at the others when she's read the descriptions. "So... do we fancy a messy gravity situation, a messy environmental situation, or a high-conflict dead situation." Turning to the woman again, Uisa asks: "I for one would prefer to avoid the high-conflict thing, but it's up to the others as well. Do you uh.. have any more info?"

Vulkan
2019-03-15, 05:26 PM

"To be honest the ship smells of oil,
desperation and sadness what are the words I have to admit it's quite perfect for me.

But I have to ponder this is a rental?"

After a short awkward pause 65 sighs, and continues to ramble with the small talk trying to recover from the bad statement.

"That is a joke I am joking also did we ever agree on a name? Or did we just kind of agree with my statement that names are somewhat pointless because if this is a rental and then do we really have a right to name it?"

ninjabot
2019-03-16, 03:01 PM
Aya looks over the list. "Oh, I dunno, at least the high conflict one doesn't have us walking in blind this time." She says without looking up.

"Details on all of these are pretty sparse though, is there any more you can tell us about them before we agree to risk life and limb for profit?"

I don't like this, once you get an office this big you're typically not fungible within the day. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but Ophelia is a little too excited to see us. She projects to Uisa while they wait for the new boss's reply.

hannahbbug3
2019-03-17, 12:18 PM
Neppie seems quite pleased with the ship - though it's certainly not the largest one he's worked on, it still has a charm to it all the same. "Oh, she must have a name!" the Ysoki trills, patting the ships hull as they depart. If she doesn't already have one, Nepenthe will certainly be giving some thought to that as they travel to their next destination.

Speaking of which, the jobs that are being offered are interesting to say the least. Based on the fact that the last high conflict mission didn't go well, he's a little leery of that one. But- "I agree. We need more details before we can settle on just one of these! Gravity shenanigans are always interesting, if our pilot is comfortable, of course..."

In4Dimensions
2019-03-23, 06:13 PM
“More information? No problem!” Ophelia says with a smile. “Let’s see. . . for Oncol, your objective is to study the gravity disturbances and their effects for 48 hours. Your ship has all of the equipment and instruments you’ll need, but things might get a bit bumpy. For Yrannin, one of our clients wants essences of elementals— they can leave some behind when they die— so combat will be required. And for Tepshin, whatever loot you can find, plus a map of wherever you explore. Lots of pirates in the area, though.”

BramsesII
2019-03-24, 06:13 PM
Uisa

Hm... She completely ignored my comment about Verrick. I hope he didn't lose his job or something. The lashunta listens to the woman's answers, then looks at her crew. "Well, both elementals doesn't sound very safe to me, not after our last mission. And pirates, well, I'd prefer not to run in to any more pirates. I say we go for Oncol, but we're a team here, so I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about that."

ninjabot
2019-03-24, 09:17 PM
"I can't say I'm thrilled about pirates, but gravity anomalies can screw a ship up faster than just about anything else. I'm certainly willing to try it, but getting a little practice at the ship's controls might be a good call first." Aya says, not really speaking to anyone in particular before turning to Ophelia. "Are there time limits on these? Could we go after pirates first and then try the gravity thing or is it a one and done deal?" She asks.

I noticed that. I might be just naturally suspicious of corporate structures in general, but I don't like this switcheroo. She projects to Uisa. Not to tip our hand, but maybe bring in the new crew on the sitch so no one's going in blind?

Felhammer
2019-03-26, 04:48 PM
Long Knife

The large lizard-man listens to the options, taking it all in stride. As the new guy (or, rather, one of the new guys), Long Knife did not believe he would be given a chance to vote. He is more than a little surprised when Uisa offers everyone a vote. The lizard-man ponders the question for a bit, preferring to hear what the others have to say. He looks around the room. He cannot help but think everyone else is doing the same. Long Knife inwardly groans as he is forced to take the initiative. "I prefer combat, Uisa." He pats his mighty weapons a few times, then grins, "A lot." Thinking, perhaps, he was a little too direct, the lizard-man shifts his weight and puts his hands on his hips. Long Knife tries to look very disinterested and non-committal, "But whatever you guys decide is fine with me. Might be better to go for a simpler mission. Shakedown voyage with us newbies and all."

BramsesII
2019-03-26, 05:45 PM
Uisa

Uisa looks at the party members who have been quiet so far. "What about you guys? Any preference?"

ninjabot
2019-03-31, 09:18 AM
"So Mr. Knife here wants a fight and I want a little practice with the ship before we start screwing with gravity anomalies. Pirates?"

Felhammer
2019-03-31, 09:47 AM
Longknife

The vesk smiles, "Pirates sound fun."

hannahbbug3
2019-03-31, 01:55 PM
"It'll be as good a target as any to cut our teeth on!" Neppie agrees.

BramsesII
2019-03-31, 02:16 PM
Uisa

Uisa nods. "Very well then. Pirates it is. I guess we're heading to Tepshin." She looks at Ophelia. "To reiterate my companion's question: what are the time limits on this mission? And how far is it from here?"

In4Dimensions
2019-04-03, 07:32 PM
“There isn’t really a time limit; but if you don’t contact us for a couple months, we may assume you’re dead. It’s a couple hundred light-years from here; it’ll take you a week or so to reach. The system is already in your ship’s computer. Any other questions, or are you good to go?” Ophelia smiles brightly and clasps her hands once she has finished speaking.

ninjabot
2019-04-03, 09:55 PM
"Nothing comes to mind unless there's any other useful intel that's been gathered already, but I'm guessing that if that was the case then you wouldn't need us to go in for you."

BramsesII
2019-04-04, 03:11 PM
Uisa

Uisa looks at her crew and forces herself to smile. She's not looking forward to pirates. At all. Still, if it's what everyone wants. "Alright, shall we get going, then?"

On their way to the ship, Uisa looks at Aya. "Uh, Aya... question. We have nobody to man the sensors in the ship with Nepenthe doing the engineering and Long Knife on the guns. I'd do it myself but uh... I'm horrible with computers. Do you think you could uh..." She lets the question hang in the air, unsaid.

ninjabot
2019-04-05, 09:25 AM
Aya shrugs and grins. "As long as you can get us from point a to point b without slamming into anything that we shouldn't slam into that's fine. Whatever keeps our squishy bits where they're supposed to be."

Felhammer
2019-04-05, 12:04 PM
Longknife

The Vesk absentmindedly comments, "What kind of guns does your ship have, Uisa?"

BramsesII
2019-04-05, 03:03 PM
Uisa

Uisa nods at Aya. "Wait, you have squishy bits? Well, either way, I've piloted a ship before. I think we'll be fine. I'll just feel safer with someone who actually knows computers manning the sensors."

She then turns to Long Knife. "If I'm not mistaken, we have a particle beam in the front, two laser nets on the side and a light torpedo launcher up top."

In4Dimensions
2019-04-07, 01:53 PM
As your ship drops out of FTL, the whole crew tenses, prepared for imminent battle. However, as you look out of your ship’s viewports, you see a sight that unsettles all of you: starships, evidently the pirates you were warned about, drift listlessly in space, torn to shreds of metal by an unseen foe. Life scanners find no heat signatures. Even more unnerving, though, is the corpse of a massive Novaspawn, kilometers in length but with a massive hole in its side, that floats amongst the blown-apart remains of the pirate ships. As far as any of you can remember, you have never heard of a Novaspawn being killed before, and no government or corporation that you know of would have the resources to kill such a massive creature. As you look out on the scene, Aya notices a red light flashing on the ship’s control panel— its sensors have detected a moving starship, some distance away.

BramsesII
2019-04-07, 03:43 PM
Uisa

Uisa sits at the helm a little nervously as they set off for Tepshin. It takes her a few days to get adjusted to her new role, but she eventually eases into it.

Having dropped out of FTL, she instantly realizes that something is really amiss here. "Well, that's ominous. Aya, what're the sensors saying?" She presses a button on the control console to contact engineering and wherever Long Knife is hanging out. "Battle stations everyone! We've arrived."

ninjabot
2019-04-07, 09:31 PM
Aya stares at the novaspawn, dumbfounded, until she notices the sensors showing something moving. "There's a ship out there." She says, almost at the same instant that Uisa asks. "It's too far away for me to tell anything other than that it's still moving though. If they put the hole in that thing then we might not want to draw their attention, but they're the only ones who might've seen what happened, and they probably already know we're here."

hannahbbug3
2019-04-07, 09:45 PM
Neppie makes his way to the bridge as soon as possible. Somewhere in all of their briefing - he had never actually found out where his battle station was. So, best thing was go straight to the captain, right? The grease-covered ysoki appears up beside Uisa and Aya soon enough. "What's the plan?" he chirps.

BramsesII
2019-04-09, 02:49 PM
Uisa

Uisa turns to Nepenthe. "There may be a console here on the bridge from which you can access most of engineering, but I think it'd be for the best if you are physically there. It makes snap repairs a lot easier." She then looks at Aya. "We should probably not draw more attention to ourselves until we have a better idea what we're up against. Can you scan the blasted remains here to get a better idea of what sort of vessel we're dealing with?"

ninjabot
2019-04-10, 08:54 AM
Aya shrugs. "Dunno, whatever did that isn't going to be something I'm familiar with, but I can try." She says, leaning over the sensors to see what she can find.

Sensors [roll0]
Perception [roll1]