PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Sniper Multi Class Idea (Character Creation Help)

SMac8988
2018-10-15, 12:19 PM
Hello all, hope everyone is having a splendid day!

I am currently playing in a campaign the DM has said is meant to be hard and we may lose characters alone the way, so I am planning on having my back up character planned out and keep him leveled so he is ready to jump in, in case my barbarian some how ended up dead.

So for the idea, I may have gone a little multi class crazy, and since we roll stats that will be a factor in this. But for now my idea is as followed. PLEASE TELL ME IF I MESS SOMETHING UP!

Drow Ranger start -Original I know
-2 levels to start; we are coming back don't worry.

War Cleric - 3
-Picks up Channel divinity to help with landing hits and second attack at this time.

Shadow Sorc 4-5
-This picks us up some cool darkness abilities and Shadow Blades, which will become out main melee weapon.

Back to Ranger 6-8 (Netting 5th level Ranger)
-Picks us up Second attack action and some more spell slots.

Rogue (unsure on subclass) to finish out 9-20
-Increases that initial hit we are banking on for the sniper short.

We get 4 Feat/Stat bump. These will focus on what stats we roll, but if the god of dice are with us.
-Sharp Shooter
-Stalker
-+2 Dex
-+2 Dex (If needed, if not maybe Alert, Eleven Accuracy or Lucky)

The idea is to build a sniper, someone who can move from location to location and blast the enemy apart. If needed I am also able to dark out an area and get into the melee!

So ideas?

CTurbo
2018-10-15, 02:43 PM
Drow Gloom Stalker Ranger 5, Assassin Rogue 5, War Cleric 2, Fighter 2, Rogue 6

Take Archery Style and Close Quarters Shooter Style. Max Dex, take Sharpshooter and Alert

Your first turn would have 4 attacks(3 with action and 1 bonus action) all with advantage if the enemy hasn't acted yet. All auto crits on a surprise round. With Action Surge, your first turn would have 7 attacks.

Vogie
2018-10-16, 10:54 AM
You'll need 3 levels in a caster class to cast Darkvision, so 2 levels of Sorcerer wouldn't work.

I'd suggest either

3 levels of Blade pact Warlock - You don't need to use spell slots to summon melee weapons, pick up Improved Pact Weapon to store your bow as well and Devil's Sight. You'll also get 2 darkness casting/short rest, rather than 2 darkness/long rest that a sorcerer will give (or 3/LR, if you use sorc points).
3 levels of Shadow Monk - allowing you to be an unarmed fighter in melee, and use Ki to cast darkness. You'll have to go up to 4 levels of Monk to have 2 darkness/short rest, but you don't have to go MAD because it also keys off wisdom. If you go up to 5, you'll not only have 2 darkness/LR, but also your unarmed attacks will go up to 1d6.

You'll likely go assassin rogue, but Inquisitive Rogue would also allow you to trigger Sneak attacks without advantage.

So you could do:

5 Gloomstalker Ranger / 3 Bladepact Lock / War Cleric 2 / Rogue 10 (needs at least 13 in Dex, Wis, and Cha)
or
3 Gloomstalker Ranger / 5 Shadow Monk / War Cleric 2 / Rogue 10 (needs at least 13 in Dex and Wis)
or, even stranger,
3 Gloomstalker Ranger / 5 Shadow Monk / Fighter 2 / War Cleric 2 / Rogue 8 (needs at least 13 in Dex and Wis)